Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:23 AM

Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders (61345 Views)

Buhari, His Wife, Aisha & Daughters Watch Election Activities After Voting / President Buhari & His Children, Hanan And Yusuf Buhari In Beautiful Photoshoot / Nnamdi Kanu Blasts Buhari, His Wife And Others In Fresh Broadcast From Israel. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by etrange: 12:33am On Sep 30, 2019
Earthquake1:
Nigerian youths don't know anything about this because this is not Tacha

You that know, you still had to bring Tacha into this without making any useful contribution to the thread.

23 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Trutherme: 12:33am On Sep 30, 2019
I don't even know who to believe anymore.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by wisdomkid: 12:36am On Sep 30, 2019
Earthquake1:
Nigerian youths don't know anything about this because this is not Tacha
Swear if you read through the full content, rather, you want to blame Nigerian youths, running to comment without dropping anything related to this. Smiles, you're among Nigerians problem.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 12:38am On Sep 30, 2019
Their government is the problem.
They encourage imports into their country, tax these imports and then smuggle it into Nigeria without us making money from them.
Their government should control how these things are moved around for everyone.

No country can survive with the way they act.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Zeezxo(m): 12:38am On Sep 30, 2019
gunuvi:
I am not against border closure but it will be very evil for Buhari to close the southern borders and not close the northern borders. Meanwhile our government's should be ashamed for the smuggling activities going on at our borders or what are we paying the border securities agencies for?
I tire for this country.
You don't really read news.
You came from the Badagry Border and am also from there. Let call a spade spade. How will you feel if your Son is Stole your good and started selling it to your Customers at cheaper rate? Did you think those customers will even patronize you again.
Mind you am not 100% in support of the Closure of the border. Because it affects so many people in my area. But still let it affect us all. And remember no pain no gain.
A word is enough for the wise.
Thank you

47 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by ORIENTATION101: 12:41am On Sep 30, 2019
gunuvi:
I am not against border closure but it will be very evil for Buhari to close the southern borders and not close the northern borders. Meanwhile our government's should be ashamed for the smuggling activities going on at our borders or what are we paying the border securities agencies for?
I tire for this country.
northern borders re closed too. Re u not aware that Niger republic is affected too and on her knees begging for border to be open

8 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Dee60: 12:48am On Sep 30, 2019
BENIXIT or NAIJAXIT or what do we call this one?

Tomato is not the problem. if you want we will give you some tradermoni.

The problem is oyel - Too many billionaires who cannot manufacture ordinary pin or toothpick will lift oyel, collect subsidy and just move it accross the border where they will rake 200% profit. Haba...

The same people will now be flaunting their rolls royce as if they did anything good to make the money..Haba

oyel and raisi are the problems bro.

36 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by owolabi5: 12:50am On Sep 30, 2019
Say No to Smuggling!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by romenna: 12:51am On Sep 30, 2019
Benin and Niger are not Nigerian states or an extension of Nigeria.
You people are on your own as a sovereign nation.
Blame your irresponsible govt for trying to destroy our economy.
Buhari pls proceed to cut off electricity supply to these parasites too, we need to be self sufficient before doing give-away.
Enough is enough

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by saajus: 12:51am On Sep 30, 2019
I still believe our long term solution is to remove the subsidy. I know this will be painful and the Poor will suffer it more. Why should Davido, Otedola and Dangote be fueling their cars with subsidized fuel. They are rich enough to pay for non-subsidized fuel. Govt should create a Tax return system. Everybody will pay for non-subsidized fuel and by the end of the year when we show our annual income, the Govt will refund some money to low income earners that deserve subsidy.
Dee60:
BENIXIT or NAIJAXIT or what do we call this one?

Tomato is not the problem. if you want we will give you some tradermoni.

The problem is oyel - Too many billionaires who cannot manufacture ordinary pin or toothpick will lift oyel, collect subsidy and just move it accross the border where they will rake 200% profit. Haba...

The same people will now be flaunting their rolls royce as if they did anything good to make the money..Haba

oyel and raisi are the problems bro.

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Bsmartt(m): 12:55am On Sep 30, 2019
I hope the Government are working on a sustainable solution to smuggling in the borders. This is a collective responsibilities of the countries involved.

Increase the excise duties of rice, frozen poultry products and vegetable oil. Boom!!! The importers of such smuggled items will have a rethink and seek other legitimate channel ASAP.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:57am On Sep 30, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Leeches .these idiots are even asking for petrol we pay biliions naira to subsidize monthly.
Buhari is not asking for too much , control smuggling ,and dumping of fake substandard goods to Nigeria and the border will be open for business.
Benin and Niger republic importers pay billions of dollars annually to their respective government on Rice only. 90% of the imported rice re free smuggled in to Nigeria without tax.

We can't continue to be Big Brother when we have our own problems too.
Economic relationship show be scratch my back ,I scratch yours.what re u bringing to the table for Nigeria to benefit from .

Have you passed the border before?? Then you will know they are not our problem, we are our problem, excuse naim buhari Dey find.. in Togo you can’t buy drugs without prescription? Things are orderly, same as other nation, Nigeria is loosed, we are our problem abeg, buhari and con keep blaming, Jonathan can’t be blamed again, now blaming Small nations wey no reach 2 milliin, with continued drugs in Mexico and co, America will not close border, why? They can’t.. Nigeria just last visionarians as leaders, example, if you arrange your home well, your neighbor will respect you and use you as example to others, they won’t set boundaries, from Togo to Seme border, this people have smooth road with lights, I drover at 11:30pm from Togo got to seme early morning last year waka waka, I enjoyed the road trip, when I got to Nigeria, the first thing na one big pot hole, beg beg immigration and customs, na Nigeria customs Dey allow these smuggglers to pass. Abi them wan leave Benin customs pass Nigeria own free, we hae Customs, bribing

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 12:59am On Sep 30, 2019
If Benin is this dependent on Nigeria (especially in relation to smuggled rice and pms) then maybe the border shouldn't exist afterall & Benin ought to be Nigeria's 37th state.

Or we could work out more equitable terms of trade, e.g. let them peg their pms pump price to Nigeria's, place a ban on imported rice too, etc, etc.

8 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by adecz: 12:59am On Sep 30, 2019
APC and blame game...

Are we saying we no longer have
Customs Service & other security
agencies at our borders?

Instead of finding ways to stop Fulani, Boko
Haram weapons, vehicles & fighters
entering this country, we are concentrating
on stopping food when we aren't
producing enough.

Buhari loves to see people suffering
& wailing.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Incandescent(m): 1:06am On Sep 30, 2019
This is the best thing Buhari has done since 2015

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Cameroonglass(m): 1:08am On Sep 30, 2019
This is Buhari's only achievement

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 1:13am On Sep 30, 2019
tegrianonigltd:

Have you passed the border before?? Then you will know they are not our problem, we are our problem, excuse naim buhari Dey find.. in Togo you can’t buy drugs without prescription? Things are orderly, same as other nation, Nigeria is loosed, we are our problem abeg, buhari and con keep blaming, Jonathan can’t be blamed again, now blaming Small nations wey no reach 2 milliin, with continued drugs in Mexico and co, America will not close border, why? They can’t.. Nigeria just last visionarians as leaders, example, if you arrange your home well, your neighbor will respect you and use you as example to others, they won’t set boundaries, from Togo to Seme border, this people have smooth road with lights, I drover at 11:30pm from Togo got to seme early morning last year waka waka, I enjoyed the road trip, when I got to Nigeria, the first thing na one big pot hole, beg beg immigration and customs, na Nigeria customs Dey allow these smuggglers to pass. Abi them wan leave Benin customs pass Nigeria own free, we hae Customs, bribing
I swear oga you sabi wella. When you get to Nigeria pot hole will remind you that you have arrived Nigeria and the hate will just flood in. Anyway you can't compare small Togo and Benin with Nigeria. Lagos alone is bigger than these countries.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 30, 2019
ORIENTATION101:
Leeches .these idiots are even asking for petrol we pay biliions naira to subsidize monthly.
Buhari is not asking for too much , control smuggling ,and dumping of fake substandard goods to Nigeria and the border will be open for business.
Benin and Niger republic importers pay billions of dollars annually to their respective government on Rice only. 90% of the imported rice re free smuggled in to Nigeria without tax.

We can't continue to be Big Brother when we have our own problems too.
Economic relationship show be scratch my back ,I scratch yours.what re u bringing to the table for Nigeria to benefit from .

You just wrote it all.
No addition,no subtraction.

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Ratello: 1:16am On Sep 30, 2019
Incandescent:
This is the best thing Buhari has done since 2015

What makes it the best thing if I may ask. Don't you have customs officials at our borders? Are they not the ones collaborating with our Benin neighbours to bring in those goods? Didn't we signed agreements on trades with our neighbouring countries under ECOWAS so how come we are now breaching these agreements when it is very clear that the motives behind this closure was orchestrated by Northern rice farmers that couldn't pay back the loans given to them through the CBN Agriculture Intervention Funds that the reasons they couldn't pay back the loans was as a result of foreign rice from Thailand, India, Brazil etc through the ports and land borders. Buhari will regret doing this, mark my words.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by beresponsible(m): 1:22am On Sep 30, 2019
Let them start by releasing over 400 innocent Nigerians including juveniles incarcerated by archaic French laws in their prisons.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by tomakint: 1:27am On Sep 30, 2019
blueghost:
Closing border and signing the trade pact
Like seriously why the contradictions

One came before the other and that is the Trade Pact

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by tiredoflife(m): 1:30am On Sep 30, 2019
romenna:
Benin and Niger are not Nigerian states or an extension of Nigeria.
You people are on your own as a sovereign nation.
Blame your irresponsible govt for trying to destroy our economy.
Buhari pls proceed to cut off electricity supply to these parasites too, we need to be self sufficient before doing give-away.
Enough is enough

And when he cuts of electricity supply they decide to block the river Niger to build their hydropower dam
Hope u wont come crying
There was a reason we sell some electricity to them
Is so the water would be allowed to flow freely to our dams
Learn to understand things before u talk

19 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by beresponsible(m): 1:34am On Sep 30, 2019
2nd richest person in Benin Adjavon is an importer of turkey and groundnut oil. Imagine the direct and indirect employment if it were just 2 Nigerian entrepreneurs farming turkey and ground nuts respectively.
Let them use their voodoo economy

7 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by tiredoflife(m): 1:35am On Sep 30, 2019
saajus:
I still believe our long term solution is to remove the subsidy. I know this will be painful and the Poor will suffer it more. Why should Davido, Otedola and Dangote be fueling their cars with subsidized fuel. They are rich enough to pay for non-subsidized fuel. Govt should create a Tax return system. Everybody will pay for non-subsidized fuel and by the end of the year when we show our annual income, the Govt will refund some money to low income earners that deserve subsidy.

Go and read the history of taxation and u will know why subsidy is good

2 Likes

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by seguno2: 1:45am On Sep 30, 2019
Christophorus:
The only good thing Buhari has done in 2019 undecided undecided

Are the borders with Niger, Chad and Cameroon also closed

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Buhari & His Country Want To Put An End To Us - Benin Republic Traders by Ratello: 1:50am On Sep 30, 2019
Wickedtruths:
[s][/s]

What of smuggled petrol? Poultry nko?

No one is marking your idiotic words. You're a nonentity, go and die.

grin grin grin cheesy grin grin cheesy but from your aggressive nature and attitude it shows you have no life and probably typing from the grave of perdition, always read and understand simple logic.

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Inside Yahaya Bello's Multi-Billion Naira Mansion By TheNigeriaTimes.com / Full Report Of Peter Obi & Labour Party's Petition To Elections Tribunal / Kemi Adeosun Resigns Over NYSC Certificate Scandal - Daily Trust

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.