Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,717 members, 7,816,953 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:03 PM

Why Are You A Christian - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Are You A Christian (1408 Views)

As A Christian, Is Court Wedding In Place Of Church Wedding Acceptable By God? / The Place Of God’s Word In The Life Of A Christian Youth / Benevolent Muslims In The House! A Christian Needs To Eat Sallah Ram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are You A Christian by emmanuelmacrow(m): 12:42am On Sep 30, 2019
Good morning brothers and sisters, I have been thinking about this for a long time and I need to know if someone might have the answer. The question is Why are you a Christian
Re: Why Are You A Christian by blackpanthar: 1:03am On Sep 30, 2019
Stop thinking. FIND YOUR OWN ANSWER AND BE AT PEACE.

CHRISTIANITY IS PERSONAL FOR EVERYONE.... why they chose to follow Jesus is not your business.

emmanuelmacrow:
Good morning brothers and sisters, I have been thinking about this for a long time and I need to know if someone might have the answer. The question is Why are you a Christian
Re: Why Are You A Christian by emmanuelmacrow(m): 7:13am On Sep 30, 2019
blackpanthar:

CHRISTIANITY IS PERSONAL FOR EVERYONE.... why they chose to follow Jesus is not your business.

But every Christian sure have something in mind for being a Christian
Re: Why Are You A Christian by blackpanthar: 2:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
that is their business, NOT YOURS
emmanuelmacrow:
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Emusan(m): 2:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
emmanuelmacrow:

You should have first set the precedence by telling us why you are a Christian.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by orisa37: 3:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
Jesus Christ is The Righteousness of The Universe and of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by ochibuogwu5: 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
To find fulfilment, peace and purpose in this earthly existence and after this earthly existence.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by emmanuelmacrow(m): 10:39pm On Oct 06, 2019
Emusan:

You should have first set the precedence by telling us why you are a Christian.
To have eternal life
Re: Why Are You A Christian by emmanuelmacrow(m): 10:41pm On Oct 06, 2019
blackpanthar:
that is their business, NOT YOURS
sirs hope I have not offended you

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by emmanuelmacrow(m): 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2019
ochibuogwu5:
To find fulfilment, peace and purpose in this earthly existence and after this earthly existence.
God bless you sir, some are after the physical manner
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 07, 2019
emmanuelmacrow:

Thanks for this thoughtful question!

Well i became a Christian after considering the purpose of life from the Bible, i learnt that man was created to rule all other creatures whereas the only intelligent person that supposed to rule amongst intelligent persons is God alone.

I also observed that the earth is filled with sickness, disasters, violence, hatred, crime and injustice. Initially i learnt from my former religion that all of these are part of God's will until Jehovah's Witnesses came to my home and convinced me that God never intended evil of any kind. I also learnt that God is about to solve all mankind's problems after a sacrifice have been offered to cancel all the wrongs committed in the beginning which led to all of these!
Gradually i began to appreciate God, love him and feel like having a personal relationship with him. But Jehovah's Witnesses made it clear to me that i can't become Gods friend now because he has decreed that all those who want to become his friend must learn how he feels, thinks and what makes him happy from his only begotten son Jesus. So to become God's friend now, first thing to do is to learn what to do from Jesus (God's son), that's how i became a fellow student of the school of thought established by Jesus of Nazareth, all those attending this school and putting what they're learning to good use are known as Christians!

I love divine wisdom but i never knew it's not attainable without the knowledge of God's son {John 17:3} so after learning about all these, i decided to become a Christian and start applying all what i'm learning about Jesus in my life. I've joined over 8,500,000 Jehovah's Witnesses across the globe to become one of the big happy family of peace loving worshippers all having the same line of thought today. John 17:20-23

Though most religionists often frown when they here that i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but i'm used to it now because Jesus said his followers will become like one family having the same line of thought {John 17:20-23} and that all other religious groups will hate them for their oneness! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14-16

However i'm grateful to God for this wonderful opportunity of becoming his friend through faith in his son Jesus Christ! Philippians 2:15

God bless you! smiley
Re: Why Are You A Christian by emmanuelmacrow(m): 7:35am On Oct 13, 2019
Maximus69:

Thanks for this thoughtful question!

Well i became a Christian after considering the purpose of life from the Bible, i learnt that man was created to rule all other creatures whereas the only intelligent person that supposed to rule amongst intelligent persons is God alone.

I also observed that the earth is filled with sickness, disasters, violence, hatred, crime and injustice. Initially i learnt from my former religion that all of these are part of God's will until Jehovah's Witnesses came to my home and convinced me that God never intended evil of any kind. I also learnt that God is about to solve all mankind's problems after a sacrifice have been offered to cancel all the wrongs committed in the beginning which led to all of these!
Gradually i began to appreciate God, love him and feel like having a personal relationship with him. But Jehovah's Witnesses made it clear to me that i can't become Gods friend now because he has decreed that all those who want to become his friend must learn how he feels, thinks and what makes him happy from his only begotten son Jesus. So to become God's friend now, first thing to do is to learn what to do from Jesus (God's son), that's how i became a fellow student of the school of thought established by Jesus of Nazareth, all those attending this school and putting what they're learning to good use are known as Christians!

I love divine wisdom but i never knew it's not attainable without the knowledge of God's son {John 17:3} so after learning about all these, i decided to become a Christian and start applying all what i'm learning about Jesus in my life. I've joined over 8,500,000 Jehovah's Witnesses across the globe to become one of the big happy family of peace loving worshippers all having the same line of thought today. John 17:20-23

Though most religionists often frown when they here that i'm one of Jehovah's Witnesses, but i'm used to it now because Jesus said his followers will become like one family having the same line of thought {John 17:20-23} and that all other religious groups will hate them for their oneness! Matthew 10:22, John 17:14-16

However i'm grateful to God for this wonderful opportunity of becoming his friend through faith in his son Jesus Christ! Philippians 2:15

God bless you! smiley
Bless you sir,
Re: Why Are You A Christian by OtemAtum: 7:43am On Oct 13, 2019
95% of Christians are born into Christianity. The remaining 5% became Christians when they continue to hear the threats of hell fire.
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 13, 2019
OtemAtum:
95% of Christians are born into Christianity. The remaining 5% became Christians when they continue to hear the threats of hell fire.

Nobody is born a Christian according to Jesus, otherwise his mother and brothers who are his blood supposed to be automatic Christians! Rather Jesus said each person needs to learn what they must do and things they're to continue doing to maintain being Christians! Matthew 12:46-49

Moreover whoever joins any religion because of the fear or threat of hell fire is NOT a Christian according to Jesus. Worshippers of God must learn to LOVE and APPRECIATE God NOT fear him! Mark 12:28-31

If you're seeing people threatening you with hell fire in order to join their religion,just ask them God's pronouncement on Adam and Eve the first couple who directly rebelled against God? Genesis 3:17-19

According to the Bible "the wages of sin(rebellion against God's sovereignty) is death" {Romans 6:23} It's either you live a righteous life now to gain everlasting life when God's government start operating on earth {Psalms 37:9-11,29} or you expire just like all other descendants of Adam who have inherited EXPIRING DATES from Adam! Romans 5:12 compared to Psalms 90:10

Anyone participating in any religious activities due to the threat of hell fire is an atheist, a child that's obeying you because you threatened him/her with punishment will never obey you willingly from the heart in your absence !
So they're all ATHEISTS, [b]it's the hellfire threat {which was fabricated by wise and intelligent atheists to dominate them} that's keeping them away from living and dying as atheists NOT their love for what is right!

The wise and intelligent atheists became their gods, telling them what to do like wear, eat and drink. They also instruct them on when to eat, sleep, have sex, even when to talk with their neighbors. Whereas these wise and intelligent atheists can do anything anywhere anyhow and anytime they feel like, the wise and intelligent atheists believe "there is no God" they only pretends to be God's ministers to enslave crooked people whose minds are twisted! wink
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Regiomontanus(m): 8:23am On Oct 13, 2019
blackpanthar:

The op asked a simple question. If you are not ready to answer, leave.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by OtemAtum: 8:29am On Oct 13, 2019
Maximus69:

Nobody is born a Christian according to Jesus, otherwise his mother and brothers who are his blood supposed to be automatic Christians! Rather Jesus said each person needs to learn what they must do and things they're to continue doing to maintain being Christians! Matthew 12:46-49

Moreover whoever joins any religion because of the fear or threat of hell fire is NOT a Christian according to Jesus. Worshippers of God must learn to LOVE and APPRECIATE God NOT fear him! Mark 12:28-31

If you're seeing people threatening you with hell fire in order to join their religion,just ask them God's pronouncement on Adam and Eve the first couple who directly rebelled against God? Genesis 3:17-19

According to the Bible "the wages of sin(rebellion against God's sovereignty) is death" {Romans 6:23} It's either you live a righteous life now to gain everlasting life when God's government start operating on earth {Psalms 37:9-11,29} or you expire just like all other descendants of Adam who have inherited EXPIRING DATES from Adam! Romans 5:12 compared to Psalms 90:10

Anyone participating in any religious activities due to the threat of hell fire is an atheist, a child that's obeying you because you threatened him/her with punishment will never obey you willingly from the heart in your absence !
So they're all ATHEISTS, [b]it's the hellfire threat {which was fabricated by wise and intelligent atheists to dominate them} that's keeping them away from living and dying as atheists NOT their love for what is right!

The wise and intelligent atheists became their gods, telling them what to do like wear, eat and drink. They also instruct them on when to eat, sleep, have sex, even when to talk with their neighbors. Whereas these wise and intelligent atheists can do anything anywhere anyhow and anytime they feel like, the wise and intelligent atheists believe "there is no God" they only pretends to be God's ministers to enslave crooked people whose minds are twisted! wink

This is just story story= story.
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 10:20am On Oct 13, 2019
OtemAtum:
This is just story story= story.

YES Sir!

Everything is story story=story, including your tread about your so called YAHWEH who is STILL IN HIS SPIRITUAL PRISON!

Just score everything as story story=story!wink
Re: Why Are You A Christian by orisa37: 10:24am On Oct 13, 2019
God is good and JC is the best and the greatest.
Re: Why Are You A Christian by OtemAtum: 5:08pm On Oct 13, 2019
Maximus69:

YES Sir!

Everything is story story=story, including your tread about your so called YAHWEH who is STILL IN HIS SPIRITUAL PRISON!

Just score everything as story story=story!wink

It's not my Yahweh, it's the god of the Christians, aka Jehovah. As I speak, he is spending his 3rd year in a spiritual cage. Peace.
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 6:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
OtemAtum:

It's not my Yahweh, it's the god of the Christians, aka Jehovah. As I speak, he is spending his 3rd year in a spiritual cage. Peace.

Story Story=Story! wink
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 7:17pm On Oct 13, 2019
emmanuelmacrow:

I was born into church.
At first,I thought that having been baptised coupled with th fact of my dedication to church , that I was a Christian.

My church had strong claims to being the only through church and that all others are fake. I was taught that outside my church , there is no salvation.

It was more of faith in my church than faith in th Christ.

But when it pleases the Lord to show me the Light, I came in contact of genuine believers who were not members of my church

While they could not shake my faith in my church and her doctrines, they shook the very foundations of my egotistical moral life.

I cried to the Lord to reveal Himself to me, and He did.

I had no option that to surrender.

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 7:21pm On Oct 13, 2019
OtemAtum:

I am an exception Sir.
I am a Christian today but not for the two reasons you mentioned.

I became a Christian at the revelation of the Christ.

There are multitudes of true believers on earth today, who were convicted and they they got converted.

The fact that you have not come to know the Christ and His salvation does not mean you should stand against Him.

Thread with caution Sir

I care

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by OtemAtum: 7:54pm On Oct 13, 2019
dVIA:

I am an exception Sir.
I am a Christian today but not for the two reasons you mentioned.

I became a Christian at the revelation of the Christ.

There are multitudes of true believers on earth today, who were convicted and they they got converted.

The fact that you have not come to know the Christ and His salvation does not mean you should stand against Him.

Thread with caution Sir

I care
You got revelation because you have been hearing of Christ. The revelation is made for you by your emotions. It's nothing special.
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 13, 2019
OtemAtum:

Sir
Yahweh is a derivative of the YHWH as found in the original text.

JEHOVAH is an English translation of that derivative.

Just like Jesus is a Greek transmission of Yeshua

Call Him Jesus or Yeshua adds or removes nothing from Him.

Likewise, there is no contention of contradictions between Yahweh and Jehovah.

As for Jehovah being on prison, please be careful so you don't get caught up with doctrines of devils.

Shalom

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by OtemAtum: 8:02pm On Oct 13, 2019
dVIA:

Sir

As for Jehovah being on prison, please be careful so you don't get caught up with doctrines of devils.

Shalom
If I'm not sure, I won't declare it. Yahweh is actually in a spiritual cage. It's now 3 years.
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 13, 2019
OtemAtum:
You got revelation because you have been hearing of Christ. The revelation is made for you by your emotions. It's nothing special.

I am the one who got the revelation Sir
Not you.

So, there is no way you can know what happened to me.

You are only drawing conclusions based on your own convictions.

The worst part.of it is, you are so sure that you are right and I am wrong.

Now, there are two chances here, its either I am delusional by claiming a revelation of the Christ, or I actually had a revelation of Him.

Also, there also two chances . It's either you are right about my emotions playing tricks on me or you are wrong in your assumptions.
For in reality, what you have is an assumption.

Now, if I am.delusional, you are right and I am lost.

If indeed I had a revelation of Him, then you are wrong and you are.lost.

I hope this is fair enough?

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2019
dVIA:

Sir

Shalom

He tells STORIES that he got from his imaginary friends in the Astra world, so he called the Bible (a real book in his neighborhood and throughout the globe) STORY. Yet he wants people to listen to his own fabricated story! grin

Wonders shall never end! tongue
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 13, 2019
OtemAtum:
If I'm not sure, I won't declare it. Yahweh is actually in a spiritual cage. It's now 3 years.

I need more details
Who imprisoned Him?
What were His crimes?
What is the location of the prison?

When did you pay Him a visit?

What did He say?

1 Like

Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 13, 2019
Maximus69:

He tells STORIES that he got from his imaginary friends in the Astra world, so he called the Bible (a real book in his neighborhood and throughout the globe) STORY. Yet he wants people to listen to his own fabricated story! grin

Wonders shall never end! tongue

His friends in the astral world may not really be imaginary. There are chances they are real. Only they are liars from the pit of hell

2 Likes

Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 13, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmmmm,
Please don't tell me he's been deceived by demons!grin grin
dVIA:

His friends in the astral world may not really be imaginary. There are chances they are real. Only they are liars from the pit of hell
Re: Why Are You A Christian by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2019
OtemAtum:

Sure of where you can't direct or describe the localtion for interested persons to ascertain your STORY STORY=STORY! grin
Re: Why Are You A Christian by OtemAtum: 7:17am On Oct 14, 2019
Maximus69:

Sure of where you can't direct or describe the localtion for interested persons to ascertain your STORY STORY=STORY! grin
The location is ketom universe.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi / When Will God And Satan End Their Beef / Miracles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.