Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,014 members, 7,821,554 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi (1411 Views)

Nigerian Man Arrested In Uk For Preaching In An Open Place / Prostitutes Beat Evangelist To Coma For Preaching In Their Premises In Lagos / Chinese Pastor Wang Yi Sentenced To Nine Years In Prison For Preaching (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by BlueAngel444: 3:43pm On Feb 25, 2020
What I went through in church for preaching against tithe- Sam Adeyemi

Senior Pastor of Daystar Christian Centre, Pastor Sam Adeyemi has disclosed how some of his church members came to put pressure on him to rescind his message against tithe for fear that the church income may drop.

In a recent message which was monitored online by our reporter, Adeyemi said when the tithe controversy came up about two years ago, he took his time to research into the matter and came to the conclusion that the believer can’t be under any curse for not paying tithe; but that people should be free to give what they have purposed in their heart and should not be put under any form of duress.

While stressing that his calling is a very delicate one, he said. “I speak today out of deep vision because God spoke to me. And I am empowered. I am not called to amass wealth but I am called to empower people to get it. It is a sensitive calling because when you have that kind of calling mammon will run after you. You will tie your self-worth to your net-worth. Any sign that income will go down you will become jittery and begin to manipulate.

“Two years ago when this issue of tithe came up, I researched and checked my findings with my theology teacher because I have a theology teacher. We prayed and researched together from the Bible. We came to that conclusion that a non-tither is not under a curse. I came and taught the message. And told the church that they were not under a curse if they do not pay tithe.

“But as soon as I preached that message some of our members came to me and said that message would put the church into trouble. And they said to me that some people will not give again because of the message. Some of them have given sacrificially before and gotten breakthrough felt such message would make people to become lackadaisical about giving. And they will not give again. They said to me that the message will affect the income of the church and that people will suffer.

“I told them I will rather they don’t give than they give under threat. I said I want people to operate under freedom. But that I will not come under the temptation of lying to the people. It is a sensitive calling. It is better that the church income drops than for me to keep manipulating people. I have checked the Bible and I have found that a non-thither can’t be under a curse. We are no longer under the law but under grace. If we obey one of the laws then we must be ready to obey the others. Paul the Apostle in the book of Galatia made us to understand that if we are under the law we are operating under a curse.”

He said further, “God has raised billionaires in this church. Somebody came to me some few years ago and he shared some things with me. When he was going, he gave me some money and I was shocked to see the amount. I called him back and said, oga what is this? He said to me he was not prepared to see me that day that what he gave me was nothing. For me it was a lot of money. Nobody had given me that kind of money before. The man who was in his 30s said he I should give him appointment that he would come and share his testimony with me. He came back and he said to me that up till four years ago he was coming to church on okada but as at the time he came to me, his business was having a turnover of billions every month.”

Adeyemi then said there are so many of such people in his church declaring that God is going to raise more billionaires in the church. He however stressed that people should not allow the power of mammon to overcome them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by Lagbaja01(m): 3:49pm On Feb 25, 2020
Hmmm

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by cRobo: 3:59pm On Feb 25, 2020
I won't say a word

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by paxonel(m): 4:05pm On Feb 25, 2020
I already know that pastors were presurized by church members to receive tithe. The pastors already know that tithing isn't scriptural but the people want it because they think tithing works like babalowo performing rituals for them to prosper like blood money .

It's a pity

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by daddytime(m): 4:20pm On Feb 25, 2020
If I were in Lagos, I would have been a staunch member of this Pastor's congregation or Pastor Paul Adefarasin's.
Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by Funaki: 4:39pm On Feb 25, 2020
Bold move by the pastor. He could overcome the temptation of money. Not like his counterparts

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by sholay2011(m): 4:56pm On Feb 25, 2020
Tithing is scriptural. I don't know the kind of research he did with the theology teacher in this dispensation of the Holy Spirit.
Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by BlueAngel444: 6:38pm On Feb 25, 2020
daddytime:
If I were in Lagos, I would have been a staunch member of this Pastor's congregation or Pastor Paul Adefarasin's.
why do you mention Paul Adefarasin?

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by paxonel(m): 6:50pm On Feb 25, 2020
sholay2011:
Tithing is scriptural. I don't know the kind of research he did with the theology teacher in this dispensation of the Holy Spirit.
if one may ask, of what scripture is tithing?
Where did you see it?

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by sholay2011(m): 7:02pm On Feb 25, 2020
paxonel:
if one may ask, of what scripture is tithing?
Where did you see it?
Go through Malachi 3 and read with an open heart and the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.

What people don't know is this: Anything laid down in the old testament still stands. BUT if Jesus Christ comments on that issue in the new testament (for example, adultery being a thing of the heart, not just actually sleeping with the person), then, what Jesus Christ has said stands concerning that topic and that's when the old testament view regarding that issue fails to stand. Also, if the apostles (Paul, Peter, John, James etc.) commented on an issue and gave a new view concerning an issue that was previously mentioned in the old testament, their new view stands (for example, the covering of the Moses' face with a veil that was shiny due to God's glory VS Paul saying we beholding the glory and removing the veil).

Tithing (even though it is written in the Old testament) still stands since Jesus Christ or the apostles never asked us to stop tithing. In fact, tithing will be of great favour to us in the new dispensation when you are required to give 10%, but God is asking for all.

And think about it, do you think it's your tithe that will buy men of God aircraft? The chairs and AC and conducive environment we all enjoy in church is a result of the tithe. Also, that's how the less-privileged amongst the brethren are helped.

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by VisioDirect: 7:13pm On Feb 25, 2020
The country has one of the highest poverty rate in the world yet we are using religion to steal from the poor. Believe it or not, it's easier for a camel to pass through the eye of the needle than a tithe collecting pastor to see the kingdom of Yahweh.

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by daddytime(m): 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
BlueAngel444:
why do you mention Paul Adefarasin?

I just love the man, his carriage, and oratory prowess.
Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by paxonel(m): 7:22pm On Feb 25, 2020
sholay2011:

Go through Malachi 3 and read with an open heart and the inspiration of the Holy Ghost.

What people don't know is this: Anything laid down in the old testament still stands. BUT if Jesus Christ comments on that issue in the new testament (for example, adultery being a thing of the heart, not just actually sleeping with the person), then, what Jesus Christ has said stands concerning that topic and that's when the old testament view regarding that issue fails to stand. Also, if the apostles (Paul, Peter, John, James etc.) commented on an issue and gave a new view concerning an issue that was previously mentioned in the old testament, their new view stands (for example, the covering of the Moses' face with a veil that was shiny due to God's glory VS Paul saying we beholding the glory and removing the veil).

Tithing (even though it is written in the Old testament) still stands since Jesus Christ or the apostles never asked us to stop tithing. In fact, tithing will be of great favour to us in the new dispensation when you are required to give 10%, but God is asking for all.

And think about it, do you think it's your tithe that will buy men of God aircraft? The chairs and AC and conducive environment we all enjoy in church is a result of the tithe. Also, that's how the less-privileged amongst the brethren are helped.
you have mentioned Malachi,
Hmmm! what else...
Hmmm! Let me check again
.....hmmmmm!

Only Malachi!

Is that all?

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by OkCornel(m): 7:42pm On Feb 25, 2020
paxonel:
Hmmm! what else...
Hmmm! Let me check again
.....hmmmmm!

Only Malachi!

Is that all?

He should tell us where God specifically demanded for money as tithe. I dey come.

2 Likes

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by OkCornel(m): 7:44pm On Feb 25, 2020
When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

Refer to Exodus 30 v 13-16 for where God gave the instruction through Moses;

13 This shall every man give, that goeth into the number, half a shekel, after the [a]shekel of the Sanctuary: (a shekel is twenty gerahs) the half shekel shall be an offering to the Lord.
14 All that are numbered from twenty years old and above, shall give an offering to the Lord.
15 The rich shall not pass, and the poor shall not diminish from half a shekel, when ye shall give an offering unto the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.
16 So thou shalt take the money of the redemption of the children of Israel, and shalt put it unto the use of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, that it may be a memorial unto the children of Israel before the Lord, for the redemption of your lives.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE... NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES

Refer to Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

22 Thou shalt give the tithe of all the increase of thy seed, that cometh forth of the field year by year.
23 And thou shalt eat before the Lord thy God (in the place which he shall choose to cause his Name to dwell there) the tithe of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the firstborn of thy kine, and of thy sheep, that thou mayest learn to fear the Lord thy God always.
24 And if the way be too long for thee, so that thou art not able to carry it, because the place is far from thee, where the Lord thy God shall choose to set his name, when the Lord thy God shall bless thee,
25 Then shalt thou make it in money, and take the money in thine hand, and go unto the place which the Lord thy God shall choose.
26 And thou shalt bestow the money for whatsoever thine heart desireth: whether it be ox, or sheep, or wine, or strong drink, or whatsoever thine heart desireth: and shalt eat it there before the Lord thy God, and rejoice, both thou, and thine household.

27 And the Levite that is within thy gates, shalt thou not forsake: for he hath neither part nor inheritance with thee.
28 At the end of three years thou shalt [e]bring forth all the tithes of thine increase of the same year, and lay it up within thy gates.
29 Then the Levite shall come, because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee, and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, and shall eat, and be filled, that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
So any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by sholay2011(m): 8:06pm On Feb 25, 2020
paxonel:
Hmmm! what else...
Hmmm! Let me check again
.....hmmmmm!

Only Malachi!

Is that all?
Lol...bye.

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by CaveAdullam: 5:12am On Feb 26, 2020
OKCornel food is ready. Lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by CaveAdullam: 6:06am On Feb 26, 2020
sholay2011:

Do not just travel directly to Malachi 3 without considering Malachi 1 and 2.

So if you want us to take you serious regarding Malachi 3, we must first of all consider Malachi as at from the beginning.

Mr sholay2011 what about the offerings in Malachi chapter 1?

sholay2011:
What people don't know is this: Anything laid down in the old testament still stands.
This is not totally the truth.

GET THIS CLEARLY, THE LAW OF MOSES WAS FOR THE ISRAELITES ALONE AND ANY FOREIGNER THAT CHOOSE TO SERVE THE GOD OF ISRAEL. THE GENTILES ARE NOT PART OF THIS LAW. AND BY THE WAY, THE LAW OF MOSES BECAME OBSOLETE AFTER THE DEATH, BURIAL, RESURRECTION AND ASCENSION OF THE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

sholay2011:
BUT if Jesus Christ comments on that issue in the new testament (for example, adultery being a thing of the heart, not just actually sleeping with the person), then, what Jesus Christ has said stands concerning that topic and that's when the old testament view regarding that issue fails to stand. Also, if the apostles (Paul, Peter, John, James etc.) commented on an issue and gave a new view concerning an issue that was previously mentioned in the old testament, their new view stands (for example, the covering of the Moses' face with a veil that was shiny due to God's glory VS Paul saying we beholding the glory and removing the veil).
So where in the new testament are gentiles mandated to pay tithes? Or which of the apostles was the first to receive tithes?

sholay2011:
Answered already. Refer to above mentions.

sholay2011:
And think about it, do you think it's your tithe that will buy men of God aircraft?
A certain church in Abuja has at least a seating capacity of 100,000 people. Some pay their tithes weekly, monthly or yearly. But lets stick to the most common way of tithe payment which is monthly.

Lets divide this church population into 2 equal halves and assume that only 50,000 people pay tithe of 1,000 monthly. At the end of the month, the total tithe received will be 50,000,000 and also 600,000,000 at the end of the year.

The price of a brand new jet cost between 3-90 million dollars. Because it won't be a chartered jet, but for official purposes only, lets say the church might opt for a lower price which is 3,000,000 dollars

Now, 1 dollar is about 363 naira. And 3,000,000 dollars is 1,089,000,000. If you divide this amount by 600,000,000 it will be 1.8. This indicates that a church can decide to buy private jets every two years as the case may be.

A church whom the members pay tithes can decide to buy private jet of any amount or even second hand based on the population.

So just cut that crap you are saying!

sholay2011:
The chairs and AC and conducive environment we all enjoy in church is a result of the tithe. Also, that's how the less-privileged amongst the brethren are helped.
Don't tell me about other expenses because they do collect offering payments, persuade members to sow seeds which can be voluntary or mandatory. There is also Thanksgiving offering and maybe others that I may not know.

Tithing is in the law and the law of Moses has become obsolete. As New covenant Christians, we are not under the law of Moses but the law of grace, life and truth which is Christ Jesus our Lord.

Giving is part of the gospel but all forms of giving whether within or outside the church must be done without compulsion but with a willing heart, because God loves a cheerful giver.

You can decide to give any amount, weekly, monthly, yearly or even daily based on the leading of the Holy Spirit in your heart.

Thanks.

God bless.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by OkCornel(m): 8:21am On Feb 26, 2020
CaveAdullam:
OKCornel food is ready. Lol

Lol, my brother...no be small food o grin
Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by paxonel(m): 11:56am On Feb 26, 2020
OkCornel:

He should tell us where God specifically demanded for money as tithe. I dey come.
he ran away, knowing well that he is going to be exposed grin

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by cktheluckyman: 1:07pm On Feb 26, 2020
Thank you for your honesty.You have really earned my respects

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by BlueAngel444: 2:23pm On Feb 26, 2020
sholay2011:

Abeg how dem take dey open the heart for the matter, na with knife abi ma scissors cheesy

shocked shooo did you say anything laid down in the old testament still stands shocked

So is disobeying God who asked us to give all, but we give 10% a "great favor"?

Lol, of course it pays for their expenses and excesses
Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by BlueAngel444: 2:26pm On Feb 26, 2020
paxonel:
I already know that pastors were presurized by church members to receive tithe. The pastors already know that tithing isn't scriptural but the people want it because they think tithing works like babalowo performing rituals for them to prosper like blood money .

It's a pity

Then they will fail and fall like saul

1 Like

Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by BlueAngel444: 2:28pm On Feb 26, 2020
Funaki:
Bold move by the pastor. He could overcome the temptation of money. Not like his counterparts
counterparts you mean like Oyedepo and his underlies
Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by BlueAngel444: 2:36pm On Feb 26, 2020
OkCornel:
When pro-tithers are ready to show us where God specifically mentioned money as part of the items to be tithed, then they should know that monetary tithing is unscriptural.

When God required money for the needs of the Temple, He specifically mentioned where all Israelite males should be levied a temple tax of half a shekel every year. That was an instance of God clearly asking for money.

BASED ON THE ABOVE, IT WAS CLEAR WHEN GOD ASKED FOR MONEY TO MAINTAIN THE TEMPLE... NOW LET US EXAMINE GOD'S REQUIREMENT FOR TITHES

Based on the above verses, God clearly mentioned what is titheable, and money was not part of the items to be tithed.

IN CONCLUSION:
So any fraudster that comes with the excuse that money was not in use because the Israelites were predominantly farmers and cattle rearers...should read Exodus 30 v 13-16 and explain to us why God demanded money from these same Israelites...but specified crops and livestock as tithes in Deuteronomy 14 v 22-29;

Also, I'll be waiting for scriptural references where God made tithing mandatory for gentiles as well.

Sir are you saying that 'REDEMPTION CAMP' was built with money and not by God shocked

But sir some say since the goods were to be changed into money if they were large to be carried and the distance far, that means these thieves can collect the money instead of waiting for the money to be changed back into goods. cheesy
Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by MuttleyLaff: 3:00pm On Feb 26, 2020
Lagbaja01:
Hmmm

cRobo:
I won't say a word

CaveAdullam:
OK.Cornel food is ready. Lol
[img]https://s1/images/MuttAmin.gif[/img]
Re: What I Went Through In Church For Preaching Against Tithe- Sam Adeyemi by BlueAngel444: 8:08pm On Feb 26, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Is Man The Highest Of God Creation? / Mark Of The Beast In Revelation Represent A Religion That Exist 2000 Years Ago / Christains share your testimony here. Any.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.