Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,082 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information (24914 Views)

Man Arrested For Tearing Qur’an In Kano / Boyfriend Dumps His Dead Girlfriend & Child In Sewage In Bauchi / US Investigates Nigerian Fraudster Ring For Fake Unemployment Claims (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Blue3k2: 5:23am On Sep 30, 2019
The Zamfara State Government has launched an investigation into the circumstances surrounding the situation where some pages of the Qur’an were found in the sewage in a primary school on Friday.

The discovery at Shattima Primary School, Gusau, led to the immediate closure of the school and the indefinite suspension of the teachers on the orders of the state governor, Bello Matawalle.

The governor, currently attending the Africa Investment Summit in the U.S., directed the Universal Basic Education Board to set up a committee to investigate the matter.

In a statement issued by the Secretary to the State Government, Bala Maru, in Gusau on Sunday, the government announced a 23-member committee, headed by Jafaru Makau

Other members of the committee are senior Islamic scholars, representatives of security agencies, relevant ministries and associations, including Nigeria Union of Journalists.

The government promised to reward anyone with useful information about those involved in the act with two million naira.

It urged members of the public, especially in Gusau, to report any sinister or suspicious movement in their surroundings to the nearest security agency for prompt action.

“The state government will not take it lightly with anyone found to have a hand in this ungodly act however highly placed such a person or persons may be in the society.

“Security agents from various security agencies have been deployed to monitor people’s movements and arrest anyone found attempting to abuse the holy book in any form.

“Similarly, the state government appeals to the citizenry to continue to pray for Allah’s intervention in exposing all those behind these acts of desecrating our Holy Book,’ the government said. (NAN)

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/nwest/355076-zamfara-investigates-quran-in-sewage-promises-n2m-reward-for-information.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Blue3k2: 5:26am On Sep 30, 2019
“Security agents from various security agencies have been deployed to monitor people’s movements and arrest anyone found attempting to abuse the holy book in any form.

Lol the stories out Zamfara never cease to be amusing. Did the State offer these kind of rewards for information about bandits or property crimes like cattle rustling. They're prioritising police man power to investigate this matter instead of violent crimes.

291 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Switruth: 5:29am On Sep 30, 2019
This country self.

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by stinggy(m): 5:35am On Sep 30, 2019
Immediate closure of the school shocked
Indefinite suspension of the teachers
23-man committee to investigate
2m for anybody with useful information
All these to confuse the stupid followers that he is "doing God's work"?

What offence did we commit to deserve these crop of leaders in the country? I thought Yari was stupid when he said Meningitis type C was act of God to punish Nigeria, I wouldn't have believed he has seniors in idiocy.

291 Likes 25 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by dokyOloye: 5:36am On Sep 30, 2019
May thunder continue to strike Luggard wherever he is.

211 Likes 15 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by correctyourself(m): 5:40am On Sep 30, 2019
When other countries are busy paying for research to develop their economy, this state govt is paying two million to get info on paper printed and sold on the street bookshop, and tomorrow street begging by teenagers continued because people without knowledge of what is mostly important to leave a good live are the ones in power.

What if you pay the millions the person goes invest buy more and put them on erosion, you will pay another 100million and another serious business more lucrative than kidnapping kick start, because of lack of intelligent and religious ideology. This is just one of the unproductive leaders.

99 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Blue3k2: 5:49am On Sep 30, 2019
“The state government will not take it lightly with anyone found to have a hand in this ungodly act however highly placed such a person or persons may be in the society.

PDP Zamfara isn't playing games. If you're a bandit they'll will give you amnesty. If you dare tear book they really like they're coming for you. Lol who ever tore that Quran better flee the state before some tells on them. Go somewhere the state cant extradite you.

34 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by ebuk4real(m): 5:50am On Sep 30, 2019

I really had to clean my eyes several times to be sure that I was actually reading this.

This country is really a shithole with people like these in government. Who & what did we offend to deserve these kind of backward people please?

I can't wait to meet that angel who, rather than directing me to any of the organized societies, directed me to Nigeria

95 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by freeze001(f): 5:55am On Sep 30, 2019
stinggy:
23-man committee to investigate 2m for anybody with useful information All these to confuse the stupid followers that he is "doing God's work"?

What offence did we commit to deserve these crop of leaders in the country? I thought Yari was stupid when he said Meningitis type C was act of God to punish Nigeria, I wouldn't have believed he has seniors in idiocy.

Zamfara appears to have an unending supply of religious idiots and they always come to prominence as governors. Sharia palaver started from that state, next they blamed an outbreak on sinful lifestyles and now the entire lock down of a school to investigate pages of quran in a sewage. They have now dedicated critical manpower to this ridiculous enterprise and this is a state that it's cutoff marks for admission to unity schools is 2 and 4 for boys n girls respectively.

Now if there happened to be one Christian pupil or teacher in that school, some hungry bigot may just concoct one story to get the reward while slaking the thirst for Christian blood. And when we say this cuntry needs to break some idiots will cry secession as if it's a crime against humanity!

119 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by okosodo: 5:56am On Sep 30, 2019
People still keep wondering why Nigeria is backwards

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Nobody: 6:10am On Sep 30, 2019
The politicians have seen this, they have known the Achilles heel of the North...

Watch out, you would see more torn quoranic pages littered around the North and South with high mileage propagandas alongside.

6 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by zakim(m): 6:16am On Sep 30, 2019
waste of time and energy

4 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by HillLuxury: 6:18am On Sep 30, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Rochas2023: 6:25am On Sep 30, 2019
God save any Christian child there, whether he or she responsible or not, they will heap the blame on the pupil. We need to start focusing on the more important things.

If this investigation must be handled it Should be done by the school authority not a whole governor

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by hatchy(f): 6:29am On Sep 30, 2019
Lugard will rot in the hottest part of hell for this useless contraption.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by bluecircle470: 6:36am On Sep 30, 2019
Misplaced priorities from a misplaced governor

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by careytommy37(m): 6:41am On Sep 30, 2019
Things like this make me want to question why God put me in a country with these type of cowherds.

19 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by stinggy(m): 6:41am On Sep 30, 2019
freeze001:

Zamfara appears to have an unending supply of religious idiots and they always come to prominence as governors. Sharia palaver started from that state, next they blamed an outbreak on sinful lifestyles and now the entire lock down of a school to investigate pages of quran in a sewage. They have now dedicated critical manpower to this ridiculous enterprise and this is a state that it's cutoff marks for admission to unity schools is 2 and 4 for boys n girls respectively.

Now if there happened to be one Christian pupil or teacher in that school, some hungry bigot may just concoct one story to get the reward while slaking the thirst for Christian blood. And when we say this cuntry needs to break some idiots will cry secession!

As in, there is no single similarity in our ideologies.
I wonder why religion should be government's business in the first instance, talk more of closing down a school in a backward state where the children aren't even willing to acquire western education.

30 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Flyingngel(m): 6:47am On Sep 30, 2019
It is not corruption nor tribalism that will destroy Nigeria but religion.
Wetin konsign Governor with a certain religion?
I don't blame him, that is why they are the poorest Nigerian.

20 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Jabioro: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2019
ebuk4real:

I really had to clean my eyes several time to be sure that I was actually reading this.

This country is really a shithole with people like these in government. Who & what did we offend to deserve these kind of backward people please?
Bros,I was still at on my bed when I opened the thread... you know what my eyes got cleared and I sat properly to ascertain what I am reading.. absurdity reign

37 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Jabioro: 7:01am On Sep 30, 2019
Rochas2023:
God save any Christian child there, whether he or she responsible or not, they will heap the blame on the pupil. We need to start focusing on the more important things.

If this investigation must be handled it Should be done by the school authority not a whole governor
You are still talking about investigation..what are they investigating? Pages of common papers a deadly religion ..

9 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by kross01(m): 7:50am On Sep 30, 2019
People who have no business whatsoever with any form of leadership unfortunately are the ones occupying leadership positions in Nigeria.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Bouncingbabyboy(m): 8:11am On Sep 30, 2019
Koran that you all hardly understand

1 Like

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by manmen: 8:37am On Sep 30, 2019
Pesin for Zamfara go turn amputee
Because of one child fvcker book

7 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Egoveen: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2019
This people sef......

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Nobody: 8:38am On Sep 30, 2019
Stupid people in everywhere.
Kids are starving, their people are dying from Typhoid, Cholera,VVF everyday, yet one book that was thrown inside soakaway is their problem? Rubbish!

12 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2019
N2 million! Just to give information?

OK, I know how it got there, it was blown by the wind. Please get my cheque ready.

grin

11 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by NOETHNICITY(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2019
Christians pretend as if religion should not attract fanatic adherence, yet their fanaticism can't make them stand Islam and it's Quran.
At every given opportunity they insult Muslims and they still complain about nairaland mods who can nolonger stand thier childishness and have to introduce barrier before Christians can access Muslim threads

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by Wuzyurdaddy(m): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2019
I'm sorry in advance to my unborn kids. cry

4 Likes

Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by obembet(f): 8:39am On Sep 30, 2019
Blue3k2:

Lol the stories out Zamfara never cease to be amusing. Did the State offer these kind of rewards for information about bandits or property crimes like cattle rustling. They're prioritising police man power to investigate this matter instead of violent crimes.

Oga weitin concern you. Let them enjoying thier Next level in peace
Re: Zamfara Investigates Qur’an In Sewage, Promises N2m Reward For Information by 1shortblackboy: 8:39am On Sep 30, 2019
Just imagine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Patience Paul, Abducted Benue Girl In Sokoto, Found / N5m Reward For Information On Terwase Akwaza, Alias Ghana / Suspected Sea Pirate Captured On Bonny-Port Harcourt Waterways (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.