Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,957 members, 7,835,197 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:55 AM

‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ (10819 Views)

FG Commences Train Service On Port Harcourt To Aba Railroad (Pictures) / Lagos Tests The Blue Rail Train Service (Video) / Days Of Operation- Abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N1.1bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by SniperSmurf(m): 7:07am On Sep 30, 2019
This is what Nigeria needs: Fast trains and more trains in different places across the federation.

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Kruize(m): 7:12am On Sep 30, 2019
danduchi:
that was the reason for the lackadaisical attitude towards combating those kidnappers along the road. They could have been planned by someone in government sef

Just what I was thinking.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by tonyimadu: 7:14am On Sep 30, 2019
Really nice to hear but at this rate it would take 150 years to repay the loan of $500 million to the Exim bank of China.
Let's hope it gets better. For nowhat it's still not profitable

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by youngsahito(m): 7:15am On Sep 30, 2019
GEJ deserve the glory...what has Buhari offered us?
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Debaiz: 7:20am On Sep 30, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dats becos kidnappers have successfully made d Abuja Kaduna route a no go area so d rails are now booming.. Dat has always been d plan. They are making far more than dat considering d ticket racketeering at d stations..

The kaduna highway kidnap has the hand of government in it and I’m in support. The train service was built with massive loan and without patronage, Nigeria can’t pay back the loan.

It’s a welcome development but the money is still small.

That’s about N1.2b a year. About N15b in 12years while we took a loan of about N183b.

That line is not economically viable.

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by obailala(m): 7:23am On Sep 30, 2019
Operational and maintenance cost will run over N200 million per month and at the current rate, there is zero chance that the revenue from the rail can repay its $500m loan in even 500 years. So what exactly is there to celebrate about another massive government liability?

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by obailala(m): 7:30am On Sep 30, 2019
Debaiz:

The kaduna highway kidnap has the hand of government in it and I’m in support. The train service was built with massive loan and without patronage, Nigeria can’t pay back the loan.

That’s about N1.2b a year. About N15b in 12years while we took a loan of about N183b.

Assuming the N100m/month is NET PROFIT, it would take over 100 years for it to payback the loan. But we all know the N100m can't be profit, I'd be shocked if the operational and maintenance costs dont swallow the entire N100m. The rail just appears to be another govt liability for which operational and maintenance and loan repaynent cost would still have to be taken from oil revenue.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by haykes(m): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2019
where is the money
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by onadana: 7:47am On Sep 30, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dats becos kidnappers have successfully made d Abuja Kaduna route a no go area so d rails are now booming.. Dat has always been d plan. They are making far more than dat considering d ticket racketeering at d stations..

Is there a link between the kidnappers and Nigerian railway?

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by pacespot(m): 7:48am On Sep 30, 2019
Railway is the safest transportation known to mankind. We need more tracks in Nigeria to reduce human costs resulted from road accidents.

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by eTECTIV: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2019
Debaiz:

They are making far more than dat.. Jus ask anyone who uses d rail or take ur tym to visit d kubwa station to buy ticket den U'll understand

3 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by vinceobe: 7:59am On Sep 30, 2019
That is one of the quintessential GEJ/PDP projects. All hail GEJ/PDP for the foresight to construction the rail between Abuja and Kaduna! See how useful it is now both monetary wise and ferrying passengers. Learnt it has been hijacked by the novae rich. Poor passengers the train is meant for has been dislodged.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by urahara(m): 7:59am On Sep 30, 2019
Wantedmiller:
Nigeria my country.

A work in progress!

Ask what the total cost per month is first
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Shariackbaba(m): 8:01am On Sep 30, 2019
Why then can't they reduce fuel price since the trains are now functioning properly and generating huge cash. Rubbish people.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by lomprico(m): 8:07am On Sep 30, 2019
I think the fg have a hand in the banditry on abuja-kaduna road.

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by chinedu234(m): 8:49am On Sep 30, 2019
For lying so foolishly and stupidly this director will reap his rewards both here on earth and hereafter. This is a train project that started well over 10 years ago.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Dagger111(m): 10:21am On Sep 30, 2019
Journalist can lie with fake pics for caption, see the real pic of the train here.

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Debaiz: 10:32am On Sep 30, 2019
eTECTIV:

They are making far more than dat.. Jus ask anyone who uses d rail or take ur tym to visit d kubwa station to buy ticket den U'll understand

Na me u dey tell that one. No be nigeria we gather dey again.

Until they start the e ticketing or they outsource the ticketing at a discount(Sell the tickets to third parties with a N10 profit for the third party on each ticket).
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Dagger111(m): 10:39am On Sep 30, 2019
I work with the Chinese company in charge of the train station at Rigasa, I can vividly tell u that they are making 5x of that money he mentioned. Train comes from abuja to Kaduna 3 - 4x a day, same as the one going from Kaduna to Abuja. Each train is said to convey minimum of 500 passengers, lets assume the transport fee is 2500 (remember VIP is almost 5k). Means 500passenger x 2500naira fee = 1, 250, 000 for a journey and 6 - 8 journey occur a day both to and fro. That is, 1, 250, 000 x 6 = 7, 500, 000 for a day. Now for a month, means 7, 500, 000 x 30/31 days = 225, 000, 000/232, 500, 000 per month. U can calculate yourself and tell me if am wrong pls.

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by mechanics(m): 11:01am On Sep 30, 2019
Cool money.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by obailala(m): 12:04pm On Sep 30, 2019
Dagger111:
I work with the Chinese company in charge of the train station at Rigasa, I can vividly tell u that they are making 5x of that money he mentioned. Train comes from abuja to Kaduna 3 - 4x a day, same as the one going from Kaduna to Abuja. Each train is said to convey minimum of 500 passengers, lets assume the transport fee is 2500 (remember VIP is almost 5k). Means 500passenger x 2500naira fee = 1, 250, 000 for a journey and 6 - 8 journey occur a day both to and fro. That is, 1, 250, 000 x 6 = 7, 500, 000 for a day. Now for a month, means 7, 500, 000 x 30/31 days = 225, 000, 000/232, 500, 000 per month. U can calculate yourself and tell me if am wrong pls.
Is the fare N2500? I remember the fare announced was somewhere between N600 - N900 when that route was launched.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by obailala(m): 12:14pm On Sep 30, 2019
vinceobe:
That is one of the quintessential GEJ/PDP projects. All hail GEJ/PDP for the foresight to construction the rail between Abuja and Kaduna! See how useful it is now both monetary wise and ferrying passengers. Learnt it has been hijacked by the novae rich. Poor passengers the train is meant for has been dislodged.
Where do people even get this impression from that trains are meant for the poor? Could this idea be from places like India and Bangladesh where we see pictures of overcrowded dirty trains with people sitting on the roof?

Trains are faster, safer, more secure, more comfortable and more luxurious. In every developed country I've been to, train fares are well more expensive than buses; in the UK for instance, train fares are even more expensive than flights on several routes. So why exactly do many people just harbour this idea that trains should be cheaper than road for passenger transport?
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Dagger111(m): 1:02pm On Sep 30, 2019
obailala:
Is the fare N2500? I remember the fare announced was somewhere between N600 - N900 when that route was launched.

No o, it's now approximately 2k
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by obailala(m): 1:20pm On Sep 30, 2019
Dagger111:

No o, it's now approximately 2k
Is that the official price or just the blackmarket agbero price? Because we all know how these things always work upside down in Nigeria.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Onlyonebuhari: 1:59pm On Sep 30, 2019
But some people prefer banana than infrastructures like this.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by AyakaDunukofia: 2:58pm On Sep 30, 2019
Why can't the govt try Abuja Onitsha or Lagos Onitsha...Let's see how much they'll generate monthly
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Dagger111(m): 10:44pm On Sep 30, 2019
obailala:
Is that the official price or just the blackmarket agbero price? Because we all know how these things always work upside down in Nigeria.

Official sir

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judge Returns Air Peace File For Re-Assignment / Nigerian Police Clearance Certificate / Help!!! US Embassy Says My Application Will Undergo Further Admin Processing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.