Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,700 members, 7,813,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 10:31 AM

‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ (10806 Views)

Lagos Tests The Blue Rail Train Service (Video) / Days Of Operation- Abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N1.1bn / Abuja-kaduna Train Schedule (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by zakim(m): 6:06am On Sep 30, 2019
Mr Fidet Okhiria, Managing Director, Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), says the Abuja-Kaduna Train Service (AKTS) generates an average of N100million monthly. Okhiria disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

“It is quiet impressive. I can tell you as we speak we have over N100million a month on the Kaduna-Abuja. “I don’t have the figure off hand but all I know is that we are averaging over hundred million,” Okhiria said. The NRC boss expressed satisfaction with the increased turnout of passenger at the AKTS, adding that government was making efforts to address the passenger surge on the train line.

He said: “We are happy with the turnout of people and as I said earlier, once we have the coaches and we start rolling a train every hour, the pressure will come down. “Like I told the Minister, it is not just the number of coaches but the trips we run that will reduce the pressure because different people will have different times to board the train.

“For now, let’s just bear it till November when the new coaches will be available. “And as I tell people, now we are getting the attention and it’s another milestone. “Four years back, nobody was talking about railway; but now every body, the big, mighty and small are now talking about using the train.” (NAN)

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/abuja-kaduna-train-service-generates-n100m-monthly.html

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by simi4me(m): 6:06am On Sep 30, 2019
Yet the common man is not benefiting.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Wantedmiller: 6:08am On Sep 30, 2019
Nigeria my country.

A work in progress!

6 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by eTECTIV: 6:27am On Sep 30, 2019
Dats becos kidnappers have successfully made d Abuja Kaduna route a no go area so d rails are now booming.. Dat has always been d plan. They are making far more than dat considering d ticket racketeering at d stations..

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Untainted007: 6:36am On Sep 30, 2019
I reserve my comment
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by jumobi1(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2019
That’s the one they disclose not the one for private pockets.

3 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by rentAcock(m): 6:51am On Sep 30, 2019
They are doing a good job. To claim status of mega city, we need a reliable rail network just as in every other major city in the world.

God bless Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Monaco2(m): 6:52am On Sep 30, 2019
So where d money dey enter?!? undecided
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by PeoHz: 6:52am On Sep 30, 2019
Waw
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by OakConsultNG: 6:53am On Sep 30, 2019
Good news.
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by zAEWz: 6:53am On Sep 30, 2019
Great
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by ZZOZOU: 6:54am On Sep 30, 2019
Northerners using their head, great

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by SaintLorenzo(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2019
People are like stained- glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is light from within.

5 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by hemucology(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2019
Good one
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Badb0y4lyf(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2019
He doesn’t have the figure off head
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by datola: 6:54am On Sep 30, 2019
@Op above, it is "off hand' as correctly stated by the MD, NRC and not 'off head" you wrote.

Back to the N100 million revenue. That is cool but hope the monthly overheads are not in billions.

8 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by adebuk47(m): 6:54am On Sep 30, 2019
What they said
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Nobody: 6:55am On Sep 30, 2019
That's small.

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by ThinkWISELY(m): 6:55am On Sep 30, 2019
Just negodu the kind of money this transport sector generates for the government, yet we beg them for infrastructures like this as if they don't gain out of it

2 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by BubuZombi: 6:57am On Sep 30, 2019
Connect other cities with rail and tell me the account balance later

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by gaetano: 6:59am On Sep 30, 2019
CHAOS IS A LADDER

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Ahmed0336(m): 6:59am On Sep 30, 2019
ThinkWISELY:
Just negodu the kind of money this transport sector generates for the government, yet we beg them for infrastructures like this as if they don't gain out of it

Honestly. Terrible leaders aswear

3 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by gaetano: 7:00am On Sep 30, 2019
ZZOZOU:
Northerners using their head, great
It's not great. Patronage has gone up and the govt is enjoying it. They are unwilling to fix the security problem on the highway.

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by israelmao(m): 7:01am On Sep 30, 2019
As long as there is an alternative means of transportation for the elites and political officeholders both armed banditry and kidnapping along Abuja-Kaduna Way will not be tackled head-on until the day comes when train passengers are held hostage by kidnappers.

5 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by dustydee: 7:01am On Sep 30, 2019
zakim:
Mr Fidet Okhiria, Managing Director, Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC), says the Abuja-Kaduna Train Service (AKTS) generates an average of N100million monthly. Okhiria disclosed this in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

“It is quiet impressive. I can tell you as we speak we have over N100million a month on the Kaduna-Abuja. “I don’t have the figure off hand but all I know is that we are averaging over hundred million,” Okhiria said. The NRC boss expressed satisfaction with the increased turnout of passenger at the AKTS, adding that government was making efforts to address the passenger surge on the train line.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/abuja-kaduna-train-service-generates-n100m-monthly.html
What is impressive about this? With this amount, how long will it take topay off the loan used tobuild it? Then add running costs and inefficiencies.

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Ritelar: 7:01am On Sep 30, 2019
And an efulefu will embezzle it all...
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by okadoo: 7:04am On Sep 30, 2019
You make 100 million and spent 100 million on diesel to power it. where is the profit?

1 Like

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by danduchi(m): 7:04am On Sep 30, 2019
eTECTIV:
Dats becos kidnappers have successfully made d Abuja Kaduna route a no go area so d rails are now booming. Dats always been d plan. It's far more than dat considering d ticket racketeering
that was the reason for the lackadaisical attitude towards combating those kidnappers along the road. They could have been planned by someone in government sef

4 Likes

Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 30, 2019
that's because of kidnapping issue. when its over, passengers will scarce
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by passyhansome(m): 7:06am On Sep 30, 2019
Good for them
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by Formularcr7: 7:06am On Sep 30, 2019
AryaSand:
That's small.
3.3million daily not really bad
Re: ‘abuja-kaduna Train Service Generates N100m Monthly’ by toyinjimoh(m): 7:07am On Sep 30, 2019
I agree they way passengers are struggling to board d train is quite enormous because of kidnapping issues, but d question is where is d money

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Judge Returns Air Peace File For Re-Assignment / Flood Sweeps Away 13-Year-Old Girl In Awka / Turkey Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.