Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,433 members, 7,815,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:45 PM

Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person (989 Views)

How Can I Get Thousands Of Views To My Site In A Day / Please I Want To Buy A Domain Name For My Site I Don't Know How To. Please Help / Google Is Not Indexing My Site Please Help. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by dejiih01: 7:02am On Sep 30, 2019
I recently bought this site Foxmeek from a Nairalandar last month. ( a dot com extension)

It was all a settled deal after every part of the deal was cleared.

I just noticed few days ago that my daily news updates which I had till last week Friday are no longer there but replaced in entirety with another contents.

I have tried all possible means to get the site back but after few mins it still goes back to the content I've deleted.

I went ahead to change my password to something very hard in my own opinion both on cpanel, namecheap account.

Then I reformatted the site and has a new look and though I was done but to my surprise in less than 3 mins I refreshed the site it went back to the contents that are not mine again.

[img]https://imgur.com/2fXDA27[/img] This was how it looked after formatting

[img]https://imgur.com/zZqUoqk[/img] new look immediately after like 2 mins

It now left me to a point that I was just so speechless, that's why I've come to seek for experts in the house advise.

Pls kindly help me out oooo.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by Greengeek: 7:19am On Sep 30, 2019
You should move the blog to another host and domain as soon as possible
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by dejiih01: 7:26am On Sep 30, 2019
The blog is gone already as I didn't back it up.
Greengeek:
You should move the blog to another host and domain as soon as possible

Moreso once they take over the site I won't have access to the wp login anymore but only thru my cpanel.

This is disheartening and those behind this are always as quick as anything
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by xaliujokes(m): 7:33am On Sep 30, 2019
You got hacked through the theme installed and through Google webmaster.

Just delete the whole WordPress directory of the site. Install another. And install world fence plugin. And keep going. Need help I could help you do it. I was once a victim.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 7:34am On Sep 30, 2019
Possibly a backdoor was hard coded into the site or a vulnerability was found as is common with most WordPress sites you find around, a penetration test/vulnerability analysis of the site should reveal the problem.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by dejiih01: 7:38am On Sep 30, 2019
How can I do this pls?
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Possibly a backdoor was hard coded into the site or a vulnerability was found as is common with most WordPress sites you find around, a penetration test/vulnerability analysis of the site should reveal the problem.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by dejiih01: 7:40am On Sep 30, 2019
I have deleted the WordPress more than 5 times and reinstalling but still the same though I didn't install any word fence. Thanks let me try that now.
xaliujokes:
You got hacked through the theme installed and through Google webmaster.

Just delete the whole WordPress directory of the site. Install another. And install world fence plugin. And keep going. Need help I could help you do it. I was once a victim.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by dejiih01: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2019
This has even gone worst, Immediately I uninstall and install back the hacked content comes back immediately. So the matter to remove/uninstall the wp and having any form of security added is becoming too hard now.

Pls any further assistance will be greatly appreciated
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 8:15am On Sep 30, 2019
dejiih01:
How can I do this pls?

Get the services of a penetration tester/ vulnerability analyst.
Except you know how to use vulnerability scanners and have good knowledge of the command line and Linux basically.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by xaliujokes(m): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2019
Is your hosting shared hosting? If it is then, the hacker would have access to other sites hosted on the shared hosting account. That could be the reason why you are still getting hacked after Uninstalling WordPress.

dejiih01:
I have deleted the WordPress more than 5 times and reinstalling but still the same though I didn't install any word fence. Thanks let me try that now.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by dejiih01: 9:07am On Sep 30, 2019
It's not a shared hosting.
xaliujokes:
Is your hosting shared hosting? If it is then, the hacker would have access to other sites hosted on the shared hosting account. That could be the reason why you are still getting hacked after Uninstalling WordPress.

Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by Greengeek: 9:15am On Sep 30, 2019
I repeat change your hosting
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by xaliujokes(m): 9:16am On Sep 30, 2019
dejiih01:
It's not a shared hosting.

Cool, chat with a live customer service, request for a full scan. And also refresh/ clean up your hosting for you. Leaving the default domain.

They would do so in minutes.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by dejiih01: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2019
Thanks I'll do that asap.
xaliujokes:

Cool, chat with a live customer service, request for a full scan. And also refresh/ clean up your hosting for you. Leaving the default domain.

They would do so in minutes.

But something very important came up now. I recently chatted my hosting company and was told that the cause was that the domain in question was redirected to goddady which was the original place the initial owner of it bought it from.

I noticed when I bought it earlier he did redirected them to my own hosting which is namecheap.

Now I was told to redirect it back to namecheap and that after that everything will be back to normal.

But the person that sold to me said he no longer have access to the goddady account anymore.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by Sanchez01: 2:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
dejiih01:
Thanks I'll do that asap.

But something very important came up now. I recently chatted my hosting company and was told that the cause was that the domain in question was redirected to goddady which was the original place the initial owner of it bought it from.

I noticed when I bought it earlier he did redirected them to my own hosting which is namecheap.

Now I was told to redirect it back to namecheap and that after that everything will be back to normal.

But the person that sold to me said he no longer have access to the goddady account anymore.
What actually happened is a back door hard-coded into your theme or one of the plugins the previous web owner installed.

Your website is clearly hacked and it seems to be a database affair. You might lose a whole lot but start by reverting to 2016,2017, 2018, or 2019 theme from the WordPress repository and install a database cleaner plugin. Clean your entire database and delete the entire files in your public html folder in cPanel, leaving just your theme. You might want to delete your .htaccess file and paste the default .htaccess code (get this online).
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by MrCoker: 2:43pm On Sep 30, 2019
change your hosting. Namecheap hosting is very vulnerable and easy to hack. I'm talking from experience.

very soon, your site will change from English to Chinese language.

So many powerful hosting is available to choose from.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by dejiih01: 3:38pm On Sep 30, 2019
tongue
MrCoker:
change your hosting. Namecheap hosting is very vulnerable and easy to hack. I'm talking from experience.

very soon, your site will change from English to Chinese language.

So many powerful hosting is available to choose from.
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by fullclub: 3:47pm On Sep 30, 2019
All this comes as a result of null themes and plugins. I guess the hosting account is affected
Re: Urgent Help: Someone Has Hacked My Site And Is Now In Control By Another Person by MrCoker: 5:06pm On Sep 30, 2019
dejiih01:
tongue

wetin

(1) (Reply)

Get The Latest Online Banking Php Script With Sms Alert And Email Function / How Can I Make A Sticky Header Stay Fixed At The Top / Microsoft in 'emergency response' as worm reported on three continents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.