Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,818,008 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:41 AM

Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] - Pets (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] (7182 Views)

Meet Coco My First Ever Cau / Meet 'Coco' Male Lhasa Apso / Breeding Standard Pedigree BB Puppies At A Very Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 5:07pm On May 19, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

See how beautiful she looks. Where is that dude that was running his mouth that you wont like her when she grows.

Also from the pea line i am seeing on her forehead, the fact that she isn't long coated and you have never said anything about shedding. Your dog is a boerboel x gsd mix
Thanks for the compliments, she sheds a little sha. In fact, there was one dog that is the same breed as her, same colour when they were very young but a male, he later turned black via shedding and he looked very fine that I was hoping our own turned out same.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 5:29pm On May 19, 2020
playces:
Nice dog @op, it's really grown.

I have a mix too. GSD mix. Anytime I brush it, hair must follow the brush.. Even if it's 3 times a day.. And atimes, u jux see like loose hair on its fur, greyish. Is it normal? Or can it be prevented. Attached is the pix of the dog.
She's 8 months 2 weeks
Honestly, I'm no expert when it comes to dog. I understand that shedding is normal in dogs( old or damaged hair) but when it happens all the time and if the amount of hair that's been shed is many then I think there is a problem.

There was a time I was using one shampoo like that on Coco, the shedding nor dey end nau and na so the hair come be like wetin dey fade. So I decided not to bathe her for a long time, I noticed everything went back to the way it was, little or no shedding and normal colour of hair was restored. I had to switch shampoo when I restarted bathing her and everything stayed like that, reason I suspected the previous shampoo as the cause of the massive shedding and change in hair colour.

I'll advise you search for Iamanderson or vincent thread and reach out to them, they are more experienced with long coated dog or you can look for other threads with owners of other long coated dogs same breed as yours. Thanks

What's your dog's name? I like her colour.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 5:33pm On May 19, 2020
samoinc10:
I ALSO HAVE A GSD MIX.. HE IS 5 MONTHS OLD
Cute... Like vincentjk told me when Coco was still very young, what matters most is the love and care you give to your dog. Do you have a thread for him? I would love to know her story.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 5:55pm On May 19, 2020
mayorkun101:

You see some nigerians are just sheep .. Imagine the guy that was spitting rubbish abt this dog back then ... See dog now na .some full breed GSD self no look alright pass this ..

As i always say no matter what your dogs is take care of it and you will be proud of the turn out ...kudos man
Thanks. I feel the guy wasn't really trash-talking about the dog sha, he shared his opinion which to me wasn't bad. Most important was that it didn't make me or any other member of my family love the dog any less.

I have a friend who bought a GSD mix[cute puppy like that] for some security purpose, he was played and sold an Ekuke. He didn't realize this until some friends started telling him that the dog is a local breed. Man kept the dog, said he has bonded with him, a reasonable return was made on his money. He later bought another dog, this time a proper GSD mix with the help of a dog lover that knows his thing but the dog passed away barely 2 months as a result of fumigation. One day, his landlord fumigated their compound without his knowledge, when he got home he met his two dogs lying still, with vomit everywhere. But the Ekuke survived it, so baba is stuck with his Ekuke. grin

Thanks once again for the compliments.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 5:56pm On May 19, 2020
mercy348:
mine is a mix but not Gsd mix
Which mix be this bros? Be like Eskimo follow?
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by IamAnderson(m): 5:59pm On May 19, 2020
playces:
Nice dog @op, it's really grown.

I have a mix too. GSD mix. Anytime I brush it, hair must follow the brush.. Even if it's 3 times a day.. And atimes, u jux see like loose hair on its fur, greyish. Is it normal? Or can it be prevented. Attached is the pix of the dog.
She's 8 months 2 weeks
shedding is actually normal in dogs, it's not possible to run a brush through a dog that has fur's coat and not see fur in it.
it only should be something to worry about if the fur is coming off too much every single time
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by playces: 8:02pm On May 19, 2020
Her name is Kimi.. Thanks for the compliment. I guess its normal then cs It's not heavy shedding. Her fur is bright and shinny

amehrada:
Honestly, I'm no expert when it comes to dog. I understand that shedding is normal in dogs( old or damaged hair) but when it happens all the time and if the amount of hair that's been shed is many then I think there is a problem.

There was a time I was using one shampoo like that on Coco, the shedding nor dey end nau and na so the hair come be like wetin dey fade. So I decided not to bathe her for a long time, I noticed everything went back to the way it was, little or no shedding and normal colour of hair was restored. I had to switch shampoo when I restarted bathing her and everything stayed like that, reason I suspected the previous shampoo as the cause of the massive shedding and change in hair colour.

I'll advise you search for Iamanderson or vincent thread and reach out to them, they are more experienced with long coated dog or you can look for other threads with owners of other long coated dogs same breed as yours. Thanks

What's your dog's name? I like her colour.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by playces: 8:04pm On May 19, 2020
Thanks for the insight. I will reach out to u via pm. Wanna ask sth.

IamAnderson:

shedding is actually normal in dogs, it's not possible to run a brush through a dog that has fur's coat and not see fur in it.
it only should be something to worry about if the fur is coming off too much every single time
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by samoinc10: 11:31pm On May 19, 2020
amehrada:
Cute... Like vincentjk told me when Coco was still very young, what matters most is the love and care you give to your dog. Do you have a thread for him? I would love to know her story.

Thanks and I am doing my best
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by IamAnderson(m): 2:55am On May 20, 2020
playces:
Thanks for the insight. I will reach out to u via pm. Wanna ask sth.

okay
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 10:02am On Jun 20, 2020
Coco turned 10 months old this month and I think she's into her first heat. I noticed the swollen vulva yesterday but I'm yet to see any bloody discharge.

There will be no D appointment for her grin

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Gabrokpara001(m): 10:18am On Jun 20, 2020
amehrada:
Coco turned 10 months old this month and I think she's into her first heat. I noticed the swollen vulva yesterday but I'm yet to see any bloody discharge.

There will be no D appointment for her grin

Lovely, she's now a young lady....pics please
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Michael390(m): 11:17am On Jun 20, 2020
All of you dogs look lovelyeven me I feel like buying a Dog if it is 2k-10k I am not financially stable.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 12:57pm On Jun 20, 2020
Gabrokpara001:

Lovely, she's now a young lady....pics please
Will do when I find the time. Thanks
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Michael390(m): 3:01pm On Jun 20, 2020
ok
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 3:38pm On Dec 08, 2020
Obobs! Noticed some ticks on Coco’s body about two weeks ago and I had to handpicked them off immediately and put in a mixture of hypo and water, I thought that was it. Omo, when I checked her the following day it was as if they tripled and I was like where did all these come from? I checked her kennel and I couldn’t believe what my eyes saw, they were literally everywhere both small and big.

Contacted our vet, he was out of town for the festive season but he prescribed I get Azinthol for tick bath and fumigation of her kennel and play area. And also get someone to administer Ivermectin, that it can be repeated in two weeks if the ticks are still persistent but if I can’t get someone to come administer I should buy mectizan from any pharmacy and give her 3 tabs and this can also be repeated in two weeks.

So I bought the Azinthol, one albion lavender shampoo and mectizan. Had to bath her twice that week with the azinthol and also fumigated her kennel. Then I grinded the mectizan and added it to fried fish & rice for her.

It worked, I started seeing some dried up tick on her while I saw a lot(I mean a lot) of tiny ticks and big ones on the floor of her kennel after the fumigation.

I have decided to be bathing her weekly for now while tick bath(preferably using Azinthol) will be once in a month as a preventive measure then amitraz for fumigation maybe once in two months or on a monthly basis.

Got the mectizan for 100 naira per tab but I heard it is free in some health centers. After the vet told me about it, I researched and understand that it an oral ivermectin.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 3:50pm On Dec 08, 2020
Meanwhile Coco tends to bark at foreign breeds dog whether in her territory or outside but she does not for local breed. Anyone know why’s that?

When we go walks, some local breed take off at the sight of her but you see the ones that won’t run, they come close barking at her, she won’t bark back.

One nursing local dog charged at her today while we were walking, the local dog couldn’t do anything when she came close but I expected Coco to at the very least bark or growl to ward off the local dog. She was just there staring at the local dog but if she sees any foreign breed she don dey bark dey do like who wan attack.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Haroldjunior: 10:44am On Dec 09, 2020
No pictures bro?
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 3:07pm On Dec 09, 2020
Haroldjunior:
No pictures bro?
I have been trying to upload but I keep getting one parse error like that. That’s reason there’s no picture, I’ll keep trying though. Thanks
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 3:34pm On Dec 09, 2020
Making arrangements for general treatment now after the tick infestation battle as was recommended by the vet(antibiotics and immune system booster/appetite stimulant) because I noticed after the mectizan was administered she started having some discharge from the eye. Nothing wrong with her appetite though.

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 3:49pm On Dec 09, 2020
Plays a lot, I suspect she has started eating birds and maybe lizards too. Come out some morning to find a lot of bird feathers everywhere but can’t find their body, I see the bodies of rats but I have never seen that of lizards and e sure me die say she go don kee at least one.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Haroldjunior: 4:54pm On Dec 09, 2020
She looks very well
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by davisiyeh(m): 8:03pm On Feb 21, 2021
I have a mixed GSD too �

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 9:16am On Mar 19, 2021
Coco is into her 2nd heat, noticed her bleeding from the vulva on march 15th. The wahala is that I’m not so sure which day she started bleeding but I started counting from the 15th I noticed it.

Since I wasn’t sure when the heat started and in order for there to be some sort of familiarity with the stud and also to check if Coco was ready for action so we wouldn’t miss, I took her to meet the stud yesterday. The guy is a breeder and also has a pet shop, there were lots of dogs in that compound that the minute Coco stepped in they all started barking. Fear gripped Coco cheesy that she wanted to japa, she was longer comfortable but I was able to encourage her little by little until we got close to the dogs and the breeder. So the guy unchained his german shepherd to come meet Coco, each time the stud comes close to sniff or do anything she runs away. I felt like it’s because she wasn’t at the stage where she’s ready to mate or maybe she’s scared because it’s her first time.

We left since she was so eager to leave that place and decided to try again in 4 days time which should be day 9 from the day I noticed the bleeding. Her vulva is a little bit swollen, always licking it.

She’s 19 months old and a virgin.

The stud pic is attached

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 9:24am On Mar 19, 2021
Don’t mind the picture quality of the stud o, I couldn’t go close grin , I had to zoom in from a distance and my cam doesn’t do well when zooming.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Floki737: 6:12pm On Mar 27, 2022
smiley Nice thread do far.
OP, please continue.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

My German Shepherd X Rottweiler Mix / Please Help!! I Bought This Dogs Today... / 6 Months Old German Shepherd For Sale!!! #giveawayprice!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.