Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,260 members, 7,957,638 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 04:29 PM

Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] - Pets (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] (7482 Views)

Meet Coco My First Ever Cau / Meet 'Coco' Male Lhasa Apso / Breeding Standard Pedigree BB Puppies At A Very Affordable Price (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 8:13am On Nov 12, 2019
So yesterday night at about 10pm when I went to lock up Coco in her kennel, I caught her eating a dead bird. There is a big possibility that she's eating dead lizard and rat too since she was able to eat the dead bird comfortably. I hope she doesn't get infected by bacteria sha.

I usually lock her up in her kennel 10pm and release at 6am, she gets 3hrs of freedom from that time(eat, train, play, stroll around the compound and outside compound viewing). I put her back in at 9am then release again at 12 noon, another 3hrs of freedom sometimes 2hrs or 1hr(eat, play) because people might be busy in the compound during that time and I don't want her disturbing them, so most times I put her back in during the day by 2pm. Her last freedom for the day comes around 5pm(a lot of play, train, eat and unrestricted access to all parts of the compound) till 10pm before she goes back in. We let her in the house sometimes, once she starts constituting, outside straight.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 8:18am On Nov 14, 2019
There was this cheap shampoo I bought for 6h that I was using to bath Coco, I honestly don't know if it was the shampoo or something else but I noticed her coat colour started fading and she was shedding a lot. I stopped using the shampoo immediately I noticed it and that was when I introduced raw egg and pedigree puppy can food to her diet, she was formerly on booster all life stages and since then her coat is returning to normal and there was a drastic reduction in shedding. The shampoo looked like those dish washing soap, same colour, same texture but different smell.

The pedigree food is finished, so this is just a make shift food for Coco pending when I travel down to ShopRite Warri to get some, dem dey cheat us for the price here. Well, the food consist of boiled rice, chicken, chicken head, chicken intestine, fried fish and one raw egg.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 8:20am On Nov 14, 2019
Coco having breakfast

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 8:23am On Nov 14, 2019
More view

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 8:40am On Nov 14, 2019
The shampoo.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 12:29pm On Nov 14, 2019
Just got this from a pet shop, noticed Coco has been itching, licking and using her teeth on her skin for some time now. Sapele/Warri road is too bad, so going to ShopRite is cancelled until further notice.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Braintrain: 4:28pm On Nov 14, 2019
You made the worst choice of breed
Cauc and gsd lol you go hate your dog when it grows
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 7:00pm On Nov 14, 2019
Braintrain:
You made the worst choice of breed
Cauc and gsd lol you go hate your dog when it grows
For real? I wasn't the one who got her though, it was a gift to my bro from his colleague at work but na me be the handler sha. She dey constitute sha, everything na tug for her eyes. The mouthing part is what annoys me most, she bites down hard but it doesn't break the skin. Working on correcting it sha while deep down I hope she outgrows it.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by space9880: 9:38pm On Nov 14, 2019
amehrada:
There was this cheap shampoo I bought for 6h that I was using to bath Coco, I honestly don't know if it was the shampoo or something else but I noticed her coat colour started fading and she was shedding a lot. I stopped using the shampoo immediately I noticed it and that was when I introduced raw egg and pedigree puppy can food to her diet, she was formerly on booster all life stages and since then her coat is returning to normal and there was a drastic reduction in shedding. The shampoo looked like those dish washing soap, same colour, same texture but different smell.

The pedigree food is finished, so this is just a make shift food for Coco pending when I travel down to ShopRite Warri to get some, dem dey cheat us for the price here. Well, the food consist of boiled rice, chicken, chicken head, chicken intestine, fried fish and one raw egg.
na warri you dey stay ? abeg no mind that guy
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by space9880: 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2019
Braintrain:
You made the worst choice of breed Cauc and gsd lol you go hate your dog when it grows
youdonminit
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 5:56am On Nov 15, 2019
space9880:
na warri you dey stay ? abeg no mind that guy
Sapele. Lol!
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Braintrain: 8:24am On Nov 15, 2019
amehrada:
For real? I wasn't the one who got her though, it was a gift to my bro from his colleague at work but na me be the handler sha. She dey constitute sha, everything na tug for her eyes. The mouthing part is what annoys me most, she bites down hard but it doesn't break the skin. Working on correcting it sha while deep down I hope she outgrows it.
Your dog would be so dumb
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 11:05am On Nov 15, 2019
I went to the market this morning to get some cow meat and liver for Coco.. I gave her a little portion of the liver raw, she was slow in eating it compared to when I gave her raw chicken head.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 11:06am On Nov 15, 2019
Braintrain:

Your dog would be so dumb
K
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 7:29am On Nov 17, 2019
Homemade flirt pole for Coco, she loves it and can chase all day long.

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 7:49am On Nov 17, 2019
Lol, she finally caught the toy(prey) after some few minutes of chasing. We don't play it for too long because she's still too young to be running around and jumping.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 7:09am On Nov 19, 2019
I was supposed to get Coco diamond puppy food(3kg) yesterday and some pedigree puppy food too but I couldn't get the diamond because it was not readily available so I opted for binggo puppy(5kg). Well, it turned out to be a not so good decision, Coco ate a mixture of binggo, pedigree and scubia fish pretty well yesterday afternoon, fed on same in the evening. I let her in the house that night, after a while I noticed her activity level dropped, her stomach was making the sound of someone with hiccups then suddenly she threw up. Cleaned it up, showed her some love and waited for 10pm to reach so I can take her to her own space which I did.

Woke up 6 this morning to let her out as usual and I found out she threw twice, the vomit was many this time around unlike the one inside the house. Her poop this morning was watery but not smelly and her activity level is still low, looking dull

Taking her back to just pedigree and other things until I get her diamond puppy... Binggo is not good for her because all these happened after I fed her binggo yesterday.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 7:30am On Nov 19, 2019
Update: Just gave a mixture of pedigree puppy food, meat and egg... She refused to eat it. Calling in a vet this morning. See how she looking dull.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amizzy48(m): 8:37am On Nov 19, 2019
This is a boerboel/Gsd mix
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by explosiveskull(m): 9:51am On Nov 19, 2019
amizzy48:
True to that
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 3:06pm On Nov 19, 2019
The vet came this morning, he examined Coco and said it's bacteria infection and the new food I gave her was also not good for her digestive system. So he did a general treatment for the infection by administering 4 injections; oxytetracycline antibiotics, one immune system modulator that I've forgotten the name, multivitamin and dewormer.

She was able to move around this morning but couldn't eat, she drank only water. This afternoon I got her booster can food for all life stages and she was able to eat some. I'm observing her closely sha.....

I just dey hope say nor be parvo wey still dey incubation period be this.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 4:10pm On Nov 19, 2019
So Coco has been drinking lots of water
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by Haroldjunior80(m): 6:00pm On Nov 19, 2019
amizzy48:
MY thoughts exactly
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 7:33pm On Nov 19, 2019
amizzy48:
Same thing I thought initially but other more experienced people with dog thinks it's gsd/cauc mix. She's a good dog though.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 7:37pm On Nov 19, 2019
Well, i'm glad Coco's condition has improved a lot. She's slightly active now and eating normal and drinking lots of water.

Gave her booster, fried fish and cooked egg and she ate it all.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 7:11am On Nov 20, 2019
I felt so sorry for Coco when she was being injected yesterday, the jumping, whining and crying. E be like their own injection dey do like novalgin injection too grin

Just when I was thinking she's better this morning, back to being playful but not at a 100 and also how firm her poop was now then boom after some play she threw up but different from the yesterday's own. Don't know if she's reacting to the antibiotics because I read online that antibiotics sometimes causes stomach upset which leads to vomiting.

Will call the vet to give him all these info once it's 8am

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 8:09am On Nov 20, 2019
I tried handfeeding and it worked, I guessed she was just being picky. It was booster canned food and fried fish I gave her this morning, I noticed when I handfed her the fish she ate it but if I do same with booster she refuses. So I handfed her just the fish, hopefully I can get her something different today but before then i'll give her the booster again and see if she eats it.

Coco is still active, she don chase ball, play small tug and even barked at two people today(one stranger that came to supply tomato/pepper and one of my mom sales girl; don't know what the girl did to her). She's inside the house now resting.
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2019
Coco has been sleeping inside the house since, she's back to not being active, not eating, drinking only water. Even the fish I said she managed to eat this morning when I handfed she vomitted them all about 2hrs+ ago. Called the vet, he said he's coming to check on her this evening.

If after today her condition doesn't improve, I will look to calling in another vet. It's so sad seeing her this way.

1 Like

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 1:58pm On Nov 20, 2019
It all started two days ago when I fed her binggo puppy dry food or maybe it's just a coincidence.

Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by agboedeh: 2:15pm On Nov 20, 2019
I warned against feeding chicken bones BT u till kept giving her cooked chicken head. I just hope DAT is not the problem.
Wishing her a quick recovery
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by amehrada: 2:31pm On Nov 20, 2019
agboedeh:
I warned against feeding chicken bones BT u till kept giving her cooked chicken head. I just hope DAT is not the problem.
Wishing her a quick recovery
While I can't rule that out, I'm not sure that's the cause because she's has not had chicken heads for about 6 days now.

Thanks
Re: Life And Times Of Coco [GSD/BB] by space9880: 12:38pm On Nov 21, 2019
amehrada:
I was supposed to get Coco diamond puppy food(3kg) yesterday and some pedigree puppy food too but I couldn't get the diamond because it was not readily available so I opted for binggo puppy(5kg). Well, it turned out to be a not so good decision, Coco ate a mixture of binggo, pedigree and scubia fish pretty well yesterday afternoon, fed on same in the evening. I let her in the house that night, after a while I noticed her activity level dropped, her stomach was making the sound of someone with hiccups then suddenly she threw up. Cleaned it up, showed her some love and waited for 10pm to reach so I can take her to her own space which I did.

Woke up 6 this morning to let her out as usual and I found out she threw twice, the vomit was many this time around unlike the one inside the house. Her poop this morning was watery but not smelly and her activity level is still low, looking dull

Taking her back to just pedigree and other things until I get her diamond puppy... Binggo is not good for her because all these happened after I fed her binggo yesterday.
when changing dog food you transition you don't change suddenly. same thing will happen even if you give royal canine

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Shea Butter & Coconut Oil Mix For All Skin & Hair Type / Where To Buy A Cat / Caucasian Puppy For Sale Call 08103662722

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.