Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,813 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:12 AM

Summary Of Nigerian History From 1960 After Independence. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Summary Of Nigerian History From 1960 After Independence. (344 Views)

Who Is The Best Nigerian President From 1960 Till Date? / ARCHIVE: Nigerian Senate Presidents From 1960 To Date / Nigerian Presidents/Heads Of State From 1960 Till Date (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Summary Of Nigerian History From 1960 After Independence. by Nobody: 12:49am On Oct 01, 2019
Lalasticlala
About 6 decades ago, Nigeria was proclaimed independent from the British rule on October 1st, 1960 with a grand celebration which forestalls the joy and enthusiasm of a new and promising nation.

The people had waited eagerly and impatiently for 2 years anticipating the declaration of her independence. The world stood still and anticipated what the newborn would turn out to be; everything looked promising.

Her land blessed with natural resources and man-power, Nigeria would become the African Giant they said! A beacon of hope for democracy!!

On the day of her independence, Alhaji Abubakar Tafawa Balewa knew what he wanted, what Nigeria needed…

“This is a wonderful day, and it is all the more wonderful because we have awaited it with increasing impatience, compelled to watch one country after another overtaking us on the road when we had so nearly reached our goal. But now we have acquired our rightful status, and I feel sure that history will show that the building of our nation proceeded at the wisest pace: it has been thorough, and Nigeria now stands well- built upon firm foundations.”

Many years later, what is the state of affairs in the nation? Is the nation what her pioneering leaders dreamt of? What happened after Independence?
The First Republic
The Civil War
The Second Republic
The Third Republic
The Fourth Republic
Full Text
https://brainerves.com/nigeria-since-1960-independence/

Read about Nigeria 9000 years ago https://brainerves.com/question/what-are-the-major-events-that-have-transpired-in-nigeria-from-time-immemorial/
Re: Summary Of Nigerian History From 1960 After Independence. by judgementyard(m): 1:08am On Oct 01, 2019
The marriage between the north and south called Nigeria is not working,let's not be economical about the truth.
Come and flog me
Re: Summary Of Nigerian History From 1960 After Independence. by Nobody: 1:28am On Oct 01, 2019
judgementyard:
The marriage between the north and south called Nigeria is not working,let's not be economical about the truth.
Come and flog me
I am coming for you ... #lol cheesy
Re: Summary Of Nigerian History From 1960 After Independence. by judgementyard(m): 1:38am On Oct 01, 2019
BraiNerves:

I am coming for you ... #lol cheesy
I dey my house
For your information I get two dogs ooh grin

(1) (Reply)

Prof. Osinbajo: The Man, The Media Devourers, His Triumph / Xenophobia: Buhari Returns To Nigeria After Visit To South Africa (photos) / Xenophobia: I Was Shocked Over Attacks – Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.