Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Nigeria At 59: If Nigeria Was A Book - ARA - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Nigeria At 59: If Nigeria Was A Book - ARA (518 Views)

Chidi Nwaogu, Just Broke A Fresh Guinness World For Longest Credit On A Book / Read A Book Today!!! / Victor Banjo: A Book By Deji Yesufu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 59: If Nigeria Was A Book - ARA by gistvicconnects: 6:42am On Oct 01, 2019
@Gistvic.com

ARA is a spoken word poet/artiste, writer, and composer, with a passion to use his works to proclaim the gospel of Christ and preach hope and love to the nations.

The spoken word poem, "If Nigeria Was A Book" was written and performed by ARA at the biggest slam in Nigeria War of Words Season 8.

The poem carries encoded messages of the faults in the land, how to make things better and a message of hope.

LYRICS:

IF NIGERIA WAS A BOOK

Chapter one, paragraph one
Of this book I’m about reading to you
From the table of the best-selling author of all-time selling off peace
Says…

Once upon a time in a land
Precious was every dime in this land
Where agriculture and politics
Walked hand-in-hand

Unlike the movies, see there’d be no end to this book
But I’d beg for roles to be switched in the script
The minor casts contesting to be co-writers too
But corruption’s hard work is well written upon the manuscript

If Nigeria was a book
It’d be incomparable to a novel, a dictionary or an encyclopedia
It would be the daily times that are short of guardians, enabling the vanguard land a punch below the belt of the Nation

A land with thousands of hungry mouths to feed
Yet we’ve got so much meat we keep beefs in our heart
Even closer than we keep our neighbors
So, it’d be our pleasure to kill citizens like fowls to ensure the safety of our cows

The distribution of this book can be banked on anytime any day, reaching the east, the west, the south and even up north
But the tale told in this book won’t be of guaranteed trust but of standard chattered (pronounced as shattered)
Fidelity evaporating into the skye
Because at First there was no union
So it only makes sense that our Zenith is only an eco (pronounced as echo)

It would be a book down casting Integrity and sincerity
At the promotion of vote castings called democracy
With little or no difference at all
When compared to tyranny

Flipping flaunted fables
Sighting salted sugars
Touching technical tattered twinkles
Glittering from afar but disgusting and irritating, releasing the venom of retrogression

This would be the diary of a nation soaring on the wings of chickens
Giant as tall as kindergarten pupil’s
Corruption the lotion that causes citizens to glow
And frustration the golden smile the society knows

God has given this land amazing writers and authors
But failure’s not one of us; if Nigeria was a book
We wouldn’t be the fiction of failure’s creativity
But the drama of hard work’s consistency

‘Cause in this script I’d be a character, as well as you
We’d be the characters that would come forth from the pages
We’d be the Goosebumps on this author, never to return to the cages ironically called pages
‘Cause unrelentingly we will fight for ages
Against the friendly-façade, self-centered, and looting-loving jailer of an author
That wants to keep us locked up

In togetherness, YES! We will fight!
‘Cause then, like singular notes in harmony, Nigeria would make a perfect score sheet
Producing a melodious tone in symphony that never settles at the minor but the major!
The major chord needed to forge the right key to open up the golden treasure buried in the greenness of our land!
So, yes if Nigeria was a book I’d have it in my hand and every single word in my mind
Even though it is tattered I know the best things in life do not always appear fine!
So, Yes, if Nigeria was a book, I’d read it!!!

Source: https://www.gistvic.com/2019/10/nigeria-at-59-if-nigeria-was-book-ara.html

Re: Nigeria At 59: If Nigeria Was A Book - ARA by gistvicconnects: 6:43am On Oct 01, 2019
Lalasticlala
Re: Nigeria At 59: If Nigeria Was A Book - ARA by nero2face: 6:50am On Oct 01, 2019
ok..following

(1) (Reply)

Life After / Hello / 52 Transition Words And Phrases To Keep Your Writing Whole And Well Knit.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.