Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,072 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move (1426 Views)

Nnamdi Kanu Speaks From Detention, Reveals How He Was Arrested In Kenya – Lawyer / Reno Omokri: Jonathan’s Reaction To Sowore’s Detention By Buhari Government / #RevolutionNow: Nigerians React To Sowore Arrest, #FreeSowore Trends On Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Denland: 7:24am On Oct 01, 2019
The Oodua’s Peoples Congress, popularly known as OPC, has reacted to the continued Detention of Sahara Reporters Publisher and Former Presidential Candidate, Omoyele Sowore.

In a statement on Monday, signed by the Publicity Secretary of the group, Oguntimehin Yinka, OPC berated the federal government, describing the refusal to obey court orders as ‘lawlessness’. The statement read;

“It is obvious that the Federal Government is playing politics with Sowore’s detention. Where on earth does an elected president flaunt the law and refuse to obey court orders? The Federal Government is treating the judiciary with contempt and it is sad.”

“With democracy under President Muhammadu Buhari, the numbers of Federal Government detainees are growing by the day.”

“Before the new judgment, there had been an existing court order for his release, yet the
government did not blink an eyelid on the issue and Nigerians have been reacting, because the situation is affecting the image of the country in the international world.”

“We cannot continue to fold our arms and behave as if nothing is wrong. If the Federal Government continue this way, that means we are heading towards becoming a lawless nation and that portends grave danger to the nation.”

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/10/more-trouble-as-opc-reacts-to-sowores.html

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Omenkata: 7:35am On Oct 01, 2019
sorry to say this but Yoruba should henceforth respect ipob because they did unthinkable under Buhari's government which is standing up for their son and leader for 3 years under heavy rains of bullets and torture

I'm not an ipob but i think they're only one brave enough to challenge this government

7 Likes

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by princemillla(m): 8:11am On Oct 01, 2019
Omenkata:
sorry to say this but Yoruba should henceforth respect ipob because they did unthinkable under Buhari's government which is standing up for their son and leader for 3 years under heavy rains of bullets and torture

I'm not an ipob but i think they're only one brave enough to challenge this government

They choosed to, same course would have been fought diplomatically without single drop of blood.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Nobody: 8:13am On Oct 01, 2019
Their business and matter.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 01, 2019
Omenkata:

So we should all behave like lawless barbarians?
Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Conner44: 8:16am On Oct 01, 2019
Yoruba and trouble shouldn’t be used in the same sentence.

They are Very peace loving people. All of you should go back to sleep angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Johnnyessence(m): 8:17am On Oct 01, 2019
Denland:
The Oodua’s Peoples Congress, popularly known as OPC, has reacted to the continued Detention of Sahara Reporters Publisher and Former Presidential Candidate, Omoyele Sowore.

In a statement on Monday, signed by the Publicity Secretary of the group, Oguntimehin Yinka, OPC berated the federal government, describing the refusal to obey court orders as ‘lawlessness’. The statement read;

“It is obvious that the Federal Government is playing politics with Sowore’s detention. Where on earth does an elected president flaunt the law and refuse to obey court orders? The Federal Government is treating the judiciary with contempt and it is sad.”

“With democracy under President Muhammadu Buhari, the numbers of Federal Government detainees are growing by the day.”

“Before the new judgment, there had been an existing court order for his release, yet the
government did not blink an eyelid on the issue and Nigerians have been reacting, because the situation is affecting the image of the country in the international world.”

“We cannot continue to fold our arms and behave as if nothing is wrong. If the Federal Government continue this way, that means we are heading towards becoming a lawless nation and that portends grave danger to the nation.”

Source:
https://www.denland.site/2019/10/more-trouble-as-opc-reacts-to-sowores.html
opc should protest against this clueless arrest.

1 Like

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Omenkata: 8:23am On Oct 01, 2019
[s]
profolaolu:
So we should all behave like lawless barbarians?
[/s]
should we all continue to die in silence and pretend all is well?

cowards die thousand times

5 Likes

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by chriskosherbal(m): 8:27am On Oct 01, 2019
Omenkata:
[s][/s]

my take is why are court orders disobeyed in a democratic setting, it doesn't just tell well at all and I fear for its future multiplier effect .

2 Likes

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Omenkata: 8:31am On Oct 01, 2019
princemillla:

They choosed to, same course would have been fought diplomatically without single drop of blood.
there's a price for freedom
it's not given
it's taken and the choice of blood dropping depends on how mature those with upper hand are
in Buhari's case spilling innocent blood means nothing to him

I salute ipob for standing thier ground for years till their leader was released despite several casualties

Sowore is dying in DSS custody and Yorubas are pretending all is well and fine
something an hausa man won't do
something that ipob fought and succeeded
if you check well most voices against Sowore detention are igbos while yorubas are even tackling them for demanding their son's release.

sometimes it's not act of wisdom but cowardice

note: I'm Igbo and I strongly stand with Sowore

i respect you bro

5 Likes

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Omenkata: 8:32am On Oct 01, 2019
chriskosherbal:
my take is why are court orders disobeyed in a democratic setting, it doesn't just tell well at all and I fear for its future multiplier effect .
that's it
Buhari won't be in power forever and one day power must change hands
this will always be a reference point

i fear for the future generations

2 Likes

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Nobody: 8:39am On Oct 01, 2019
Omenkata:
[s][/s]

There are better ways to address issue than the useless barbarian approach which result in molestation
Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by Omenkata: 8:40am On Oct 01, 2019
profolaolu:
There are better ways to address issue than the useless barbarian approach which result in molestation
then table the better way you mean or sidan dey look na better way?

2 Likes

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by nabiz(m): 8:58am On Oct 01, 2019
princemillla:

you are a very funny man
Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by IamAtikulate: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2019
The above comments show how tactful our sophistikated brothers hide their cowardice.

If you are planning a revolution and only our sophistikted brothers are backing you, turn back and go and sleep with your wife.

2 Likes

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by princemillla(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2019
Omenkata:
there's a price for freedom
it's not given
it's taken and the choice of blood dropping depends on how mature those with upper hand are
in Buhari's case spilling innocent blood means nothing to him

I salute ipob for standing thier ground for years till their leader was released despite several casualties

Sowore is dying in DSS custody and Yorubas are pretending all is well and fine
something an hausa man won't do
something that ipob fought and succeeded
if you check well most voices against Sowore detention are igbos while yorubas are even tackling them for demanding their son's release.

sometimes it's not act of wisdom but cowardice

note: I'm Igbo and I strongly stand with Sowore

i respect you bro

You are absolutely right bro. But still attaining freedom in this modern Era is mostly attained diplomatically. Check how brexit is being handled.how many people Don die or blood shed?
The truth is am happy with developing issues regarding the disintegration of this false unity. Our eyes Don open now. We r currently coming under one voice. All I know is soon there shall be turn around with the way affairs are being run

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by BuhariAdvocate: 9:37am On Oct 01, 2019
grin
Re: More Trouble As OPC Reacts To Sowore’s Detention, Reveals Next Move by KingOfAllIgbos: 10:52am On Oct 01, 2019
Omenkata:
[s][/s]

My good friend from Kebbi....

Comment on Ojukwu, Zik and Kanu who all ran away from battle.

Even Mazi Oladipo Diya who pleaded with Abacha has outlived his captor by 21 years now...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

2023: If Nigerians Have Conscience They Will Allow Igbos Produce President ⁠—iwu / I Try To Obey The Constitution, Says Buhari / Obi Of Onitcha And Maltreatment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.