Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,454 members, 7,819,666 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:17 PM

At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick (25177 Views)

Queens College Students Win Big At 2020 CONRAD Challenge Finals / Mother Of Queens College Student Who Fixed Lashes Attacks School Security / Nnachi Grace Amarachukwu Of Queens College Wins LCCI 2019 Essay Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by otokx(m): 8:21am On Oct 01, 2019
The major problem of Nigeria is the Nigerians living therein. The PTA should reach the Minister of Education fast.
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by simple250: 8:21am On Oct 01, 2019
Parents keep sending their children to such school because of past glory...principal refusing to give vital information to parents "For my own pikin" wow
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by SpaceAngel: 8:25am On Oct 01, 2019
Unfortunately many don't know this. undecided

Criticaltemp:
Hmm.. They home alot with human beings.. A girl child is supposed to be handled with care. We joke alot in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by chii8(f): 8:31am On Oct 01, 2019
This is a new session,if the school is not meeting up with the right standard, withdraw your child nah,abi dey tie una placenta for dia?when hundreds withdraw their children, the school management will sit up.

1 Like

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Joystark(f): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2019
Boarding School wahala
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by harley88(m): 8:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Osagyefo98:
Lagos is a glorified village in the voice of Amaechi.

Where is the relationship BTW the content of the post and the nonsense you typed above. Typing nonsense from your village yet almost all your family members are saving to migrate to Lagos

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by sureteeboy(m): 8:47am On Oct 01, 2019
eikechukwu8:
this is serious!

Anyway, is your laptop faulty, non functioning, need upgrade or maintenance? Do you need I.T Support? Dont worry, we gat you. Check my signature for contact details
Do you accept laptop swapping?
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by debtech(m): 8:57am On Oct 01, 2019
The action of the Principal in denying access to records is suspicious, the school PTA need to take legal steps to avoid further health threatening issues arising.

1 Like

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Egypt209: 9:00am On Oct 01, 2019
Queen college has become center of tragedy!
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Nobody: 9:04am On Oct 01, 2019
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by eikechukwu8(m): 9:07am On Oct 01, 2019
sureteeboy:
Do you accept laptop swapping?
no bro
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by xcelentattitude(m): 9:08am On Oct 01, 2019
Happy independence grin

Something sure has to wake them up to the reality that though they are attending queens college, they're still in Nigeria
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by MartinsD12(m): 9:09am On Oct 01, 2019
ikorodureporta:
The sickbay at the Queen’s College, Lagos, has been overcrowded with students following an outbreak of a yet to be known infection.

This is coming two years after TheCable did a series of reports on the contamination of the school’s water sources which led to the deaths of three students.

Ify Nwoye, public relations officer of the Parent-Teacher Association (PTA), told TheCable on Monday that they got a report about a week ago of how students were being rushed to the sickbay in their hundreds.

“We got there around 2pm yesterday. We alerted the principal and she went with us to the sickbay. When we got there, we saw some of the students being asked to go,” she said.

“One parent we met said this happened before, and when they called him, they said it was bacteria from water, from food. For months when the girl was brought back, she still had the same ailment. And we were asking the principal, ‘what is happening to the food, what is happening to the water?’

“At that point, we asked to see the record. To my utmost dismay, the principal said no, we won’t see the record. We wanted to know how many students have been sent home. The nurse at the sickbay was threatened not to release any record to the PTA. So, to avoid drama we had to leave.”

NO PRE-RESUMPTION PLAN

Nwoye also said things were not in place before the girls’ resumption. She added that it was the standard to ensure the school environment is clean and sewage treated before school opens but none of these was done.

“We all knew there was no pre-resumption plan. The sewage was not packed, the grasses were not cut. No fumigation. And the consequences are what we are seeing now,” she said.

She said students are now being asked not to report to the clinic, and those who do so are being threatened with dismissal.

The school management could not be reached immediately, but a source who works in the school and did not want to be named told TheCable that “the best thing is to close down the school. This is more than what we can control now.”

source: https://www.thecable.ng/many-students-ill-as-yet-another-infection-hits-queens-college/

I got the privilege of work and supervising a boarding secondary school I mean a catholic owned school I call tell you that if your child is not with any ailment before once she gets admitted I mean jSs1 student she will develop eye sight problems, the food the water everything they eat is poorly prepared, we have hundreds of students little jss1 students having eye problems at tender age and this made me resolve that none of my relatives or children will live in boarding school

2 Likes

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Ykc2(m): 9:13am On Oct 01, 2019
Dey watch one dey ishaq akintola will sponsor one Muslim girl to queen collage and tell her to put jihad sorry hijab that man
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Nobody: 9:40am On Oct 01, 2019
relinquishing parental responsibility to a school should never be taken lightly. Parents should carry out all the research they can before Letting their kids off to school

The govt should do better at provision of basic amenities for the student in their care. These kids sometimes eat and drink really terrible things sometimes.

I don't understand why the school is still opened after the death of two kids and why parents still allowed their kids back to the school.
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Oroolorun(m): 10:09am On Oct 01, 2019
The last time this happened, it's discovered that a dead cat was in their reservour of water. Who know what would be found in the water this time around. And the worst is that thousands of people living around the school (Iwaya, Onike, Sabo, Alara...) are drinking the pure water produced from the school. Those whose stories will never be told.
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Drabrah(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2019
Queens College again?
It's barely 2yrs they had a similar occurrence
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Bulleye(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2019
Most Nigerian elites are olodo. They do not strive to make public institutions work. Rather they create pseudo havens for themselves and their children. However what they do not realize is that they are only creating air-conditioned sanctuary in hell fire: sooner than later the heat will get there. Make Nigeria work or disband the the hell hole

1 Like

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by chiblaze07(m): 11:15am On Oct 01, 2019
This is sad. I wish all the students quick recovery.
Meanwhile, this is TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!

To farmers especially and to those who want to start any form of agribusiness.

Topic: Different types of pig breeds suitable for pig farming business.

You may be wondering how many different types of pig breeds are available for pig farming business.

Really, you are not alone in this research.

Out of curiosity, I launched out to get details of as many pig breeds as I can find.

This article is the outcome of the research.

Having knowledge of the different pig breeds available will position you to make a better decision on what pig breed to rear.

Some pig breeds are best for ham and bacon, while others are for medical experiments.

There are some breeds which are very rare and there are others which are very rampant.

This article will expose you to a whole lot of different types of domestic pig breeds with their pictures.

Would you like to know about the individual characteristics of each of the pigs?

Leave a Comment on the website, and in the coming days, I will publish detailed information about each of the pig breeds.

Don’t forget to like and share this post.

Use the link below to read the full post.

Different types of pig breeds suitable for pig farming business.

Read more articles about pig farming business here.

Find more agribusiness ideas on Agro4africa

ikorodureporta:

https://www.thecable.ng/many-students-ill-as-yet-another-infection-hits-queens-college/

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Originalsly: 11:29am On Oct 01, 2019
Oloyedecherry:

Na by force to go Queens college....Find another school na.

Is this the best you can put forward to the world? Being illiterate is one thing... can be excusable.... not having common sense is never excusable.
@ topic...... can somebody please explain what do they mean by the sewerage was not packed? I don't understand why the school is not shut down... the source of the disease identified and action taken against the administration. This can become an epidemic in the community.
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Originalsly: 11:35am On Oct 01, 2019
baby124:

Why don’t they get samples of the water and test? They also need to replace their water tanks. It’s quite lazy to just say you don’t know what is happening! Hopefully it's not cholera.

I am thinking that's what it is.... cholera... an epidemic taking root while they be explaining and hoping and praying but taking no action to arrest it.
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by egojeny1(f): 12:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
Queen's college again??
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by efealltymz(m): 12:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
I attended the boarding school for the full six years. If you can come out strong, I doubt if any condition can break you.
Govt College Ughelli, FGC Warri
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Oloyedecherry: 1:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
Originalsly:

Is this the best you can put forward to the world? Being illiterate is one thing... can be excusable.... not having common sense is never excusable.
@ topic...... can somebody please explain what do they mean by the sewerage was not packed? I don't understand why the school is not shut down... the source of the disease identified and action taken against the administration. This can become an epidemic in the community.
Really, it is you that lack comprehension and common sense, it was stated that 2 years ago, cable tv has a report on state of the school facility, 3 students have died, several students are sick day in day out......so if you, being a dumbass that you are and you get child for that school....you will leave him/her to die before you can make decision.... Ode.mumu

1 Like

Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by Fidelismaria: 1:25pm On Oct 01, 2019
Depopulation exercise going on
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by ALABACONNECT(m): 4:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
[/quote]wow!!!
Check out my signature
Re: At Queens College, An Infection Makes Hundreds Of Students Sick by capitalzero: 6:46am On Oct 02, 2019
Bulleye:
Most Nigerian elites are olodo. They do not strive to make public institutions work. Rather they create pseudo havens for themselves and their children. However what they do not realize is that they are only creating air-conditioned sanctuary in hell fire: sooner than later the heat will get there. Make Nigeria work or disband the the hell hole

They are more than olodo.

(1) (2) (Reply)

MDCAN Begins Indefinite Strike / JAMB Introduces Three Testing Methods For 2013 UTME / NUC Bans Online Degrees, Abacha Varsity Certificates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.