Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,755 members, 7,955,869 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 05:29 PM

Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu (11472 Views)

Hoodlums Behead Jonathan Ugochukwu, APC Chieftain In Imo / Anthony Ugochukwu Is Dead / Emmanuel Ugochukwu: APGA, ADC, AD And UPP Candidates Step Down For PDP In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by ABOVEDELAW: 8:22am On Oct 01, 2019
aaa
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by GavelSlam: 8:23am On Oct 01, 2019
ChoCho54:
Whatever they bother to deny is true. Gavelslam they still sniper in the market despite ban

Try again.

In English this time.
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Royalfurnitures: 8:24am On Oct 01, 2019
Even if he did so, it wouldn't have been a surprise to us cos even the VP himself sought spiritual help for killer herdsmen at a time, calling in Nigerians to pray for them

Check out my signature for quality and durable furniture for your homes and offices
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Mercy2006(f): 8:26am On Oct 01, 2019
Racoon:
This nwanne'm should better leave this lying government to do their damage control by themselves because no be today they started to tell sensational lies.

Meanwhile, the Nigerian military truly need spiritual assistance now to defeat their technically defeated BH because their demonic propaganda have failed.

And you think your so called 'nwanne'm' is different from them?
Don't be fooled,sir
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by mercyviv(f): 8:33am On Oct 01, 2019
What is this two-faced lawyer saying?! Even Burutai hasn't discredited the report till now, so what's your headache sir, or are you his spokesperson
Meanwhile...
Are you a teacher?
Get FREE access to the best compilation of school lesson notes/plans, curriculum and exams. Visit my signature for details...
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by ChoCho54(f): 8:38am On Oct 01, 2019
GavelSlam:

Try again.

In English this time.
Abuooki baa turenchi.

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by IMASTEX: 8:41am On Oct 01, 2019
sapientia:
If they deny anything, its true.
Seconded
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by oluwagbami(m): 8:48am On Oct 01, 2019
This Buratai is the most inept military man to head the NA, can you imagine the sort of trash he's saying.... Calling for spiritualism when your enemy is attacking with sophisticated and high calibre weapons....
What happened to the money appropriated for weapons?
What happened to tax-payers money that was used to train this idiot and all the forces.... This man is simply OWO TI JONA
Or perhaps he is trying to re-enact the battle of JERICHO.....
Ode buruku, Congenital idiot.......
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Jaqenhghar: 9:00am On Oct 01, 2019
Then what is this

Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by hotseat: 9:01am On Oct 01, 2019
Damage control!
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Boyooosa(m): 9:15am On Oct 01, 2019
media will end this country, i dey warn una, una no wan hear undecided
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Equity15(m): 9:18am On Oct 01, 2019
I hate everything buhari and this govt but what annoys me is that we don't read in this country..and it's our mods on NL are also responsible. the mods on here give misleading topics just for traffics..I normally don't read news when it's too long, I'll just comment from the topic but since I understood this, I started reading no matter how long. I read that buratai's news yesterday and went through the comments. I was shocked that nobody read the details of the news everybody commented based on the topic that the mods/O.P gave. everybody that commented were totally off the rail..now, burutai said that spiritual leaders should help by giving the right teachings in their place of worships. he said the army might kill a thousand boko haram, but they'll keep springing up cos ideology lives on. I was shocked seeing people mentioning babalawo and all sort of gibberish in that thread. I understand that people are angry and frustrated so they are looking for the slightest things to pounce on the government but we should please try to read. thanks
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Boyooosa(m): 9:37am On Oct 01, 2019
Milllz:
Lol
initially, my comment was against the Media but seeing this, i am so disappointed in that programme ran by the NA. Dafuk was that
well till i find out that the pix was photo-shopped or fake, NA no try at all.
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by bighorlus(m): 9:51am On Oct 01, 2019
Jaqenhghar:
Then what is this

Everyday another comedy in this country. OMG Nigerian army lipsrsealed
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by panpan(m): 10:13am On Oct 01, 2019
aguele:
According to the legal practitioner, the COAS never in anyway suggested using spiritualism to fight insurgency rather called on religious leaders to support the Nigerian Army in eradicating ideologies fuelling insurgency in the country.

It was okay for the Chief of Army Staff to ask religious leaders to eradicate ideologies which encourage insurgency.

However, including the phrase "Spiritual Warfare" in the title and theme of his message was an error, which was obviously going to have various interpretations and result in him being quoted out of context.
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by holocron: 10:20am On Oct 01, 2019
conductor250:
Then what is this? This failed shithole is a den of liars. cheesy

My brother, that's not what it means. It means changing the spiritual attitude of your opponents in other to defeat its ideology. It's a fundamental principle in war

It's illiteracy that is killing us.

The application of force alone, without moral support based on a spiritual concept, can never bring about the destruction of an idea or arrest the propagation of it, unless one is ready and able ruthlessly to exterminate the last upholders of that idea even to a man, and also wipe out any tradition which it may tend to leave behind.
Any violence which does not spring from a spiritual base, will be wavering and uncertain. It lacks the stability which can only rest in a fanatical outlook.
Every form of force that is not supported by a spiritual backing will be always indecisive and uncertain. Such a force lacks the stability that can be found only in a "worldview or philosophy" which has devoted champions.

- Mein Kampf

If you know, you know.
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Jaqenhghar: 10:29am On Oct 01, 2019
bighorlus:

Everyday another comedy in this country. OMG Nigerian army lipsrsealed
Spuritual army
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by holocron: 10:29am On Oct 01, 2019
panpan:

It was okay for the Chief of Army Staff to ask religious leaders to eradicate ideologies which encourage insurgency.

However, including the phrase "Spiritual Warfare" in the title and theme of his message was an error, which was obviously going to have various interpretations and result in him being quoted out of context.

You are quite right. The COAS should have used philosophical, or psychological warfare, or even religious warfare. Our people ( further confused by the press who should have enlightened them) are always confused by the word spiritual. Just like they confuse fraternities with cults. And the press is not helping.
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Jaqenhghar: 10:29am On Oct 01, 2019
oluwagbami:
This Buratai is the most inept military man to head the NA, can you imagine the sort of trash he's saying.... Calling for spiritualism when your enemy is attacking with sophisticated and high calibre weapons....
What happened to the money appropriated for weapons?
What happened to tax-payers money that was used to train this idiot and all the forces.... This man is simply OWO TI JONA
Or perhaps he is trying to re-enact the battle of JERICHO.....
Ode buruku, Congenital idiot.......
Dem don give babalawo grin

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by Jaqenhghar: 10:31am On Oct 01, 2019
If Goodluck Jonathan took this mess of a country to the edge, this governemnt certainly tipped it over
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by gaventa: 10:48am On Oct 01, 2019
Very useless and senseless people.... you Are stupid but you claim your problem is spiritual. Boko haram can be stopped if the government is ready to stop it. They have sponsors known to the presidency, don’t subject Nigerians into unnecessary prayer routine abeg. This shall not test the lord your God. No be everything God go do for us especially the ones we are the cause and we know how to stop.
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by chiblaze07(m): 11:14am On Oct 01, 2019
LOL... What shall we say to these things? grin

Meanwhile, this is TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN!!

To farmers especially and to those who want to start any form of agribusiness.

Topic: Different types of pig breeds suitable for pig farming business.

You may be wondering how many different types of pig breeds are available for pig farming business.

Really, you are not alone in this research.

Out of curiosity, I launched out to get details of as many pig breeds as I can find.

This article is the outcome of the research.

Having knowledge of the different pig breeds available will position you to make a better decision on what pig breed to rear.

Some pig breeds are best for ham and bacon, while others are for medical experiments.

There are some breeds which are very rare and there are others which are very rampant.

This article will expose you to a whole lot of different types of domestic pig breeds with their pictures.

Would you like to know about the individual characteristics of each of the pigs?

Leave a Comment on the website, and in the coming days, I will publish detailed information about each of the pig breeds.

Don’t forget to like and share this post.

Use the link below to read the full post.

Different types of pig breeds suitable for pig farming business.

Read more articles about pig farming business here.

Find more agribusiness ideas on Agro4africa

aguele:
*Boko Haram: Buratai never sought spiritual backing, civil rights lawyer rubbishes reports*

A civil rights lawyer, Emmanuel Osuagwu Ugochukwu, has dismissed reports by some section of the media which claimed Chief of Army Staff (COAS) Lt Gen Tukur Buratai called for prayers to end insurgency.

The Punch Newspaper had painted a scenario, falsely quoting the COAS as saying “terrorism and terrorist groups could not be eliminated alone by the military unless religious bodies and organisations in the country come to the forefront of the spiritual battle”.

This trailed a spiritual warfare seminar at the Nigerian Army Resource Centre on Monday, with the theme, ‘Countering insurgency and violent extremism in Nigeria through spiritual warfare.’

However, in a press statement titled “critics of Army Chief goofed over suggestion to fight insurgency spiritually”, Mr Ugochukwu rubbished such report with the sole intent of propagating “mischief”.

According to the legal practitioner, the COAS never in anyway suggested using spiritualism to fight insurgency rather called on religious leaders to support the Nigerian Army in eradicating ideologies fuelling insurgency in the country.

Mr Ugochukwu, therefore, urged Nigerians to ignore such misleading reports, especially at a time the Nigerian troops are coasting to victory.

Read full press statement below

My attention has been dawn to a sensational headline in THE PUNCH NEWSPAPER publication of October 1 2019 titled “Knocks as Buratai seeks prayers to defeat Boko Haram”.

According to the PUNCH NEWSPAPER , “The Chief of Army Staff, Lt. Gen. Tukur Buratai, has said terrorism and terrorist groups could not be eliminated alone by the military unless religious bodies and organisations in the country come to the ‘forefront of the spiritual battle.’

According to the PUNCH, Buratai stated these on Monday in Abuja at a spiritual warfare seminar at the Nigerian Army Resource Centre, with the theme, ‘Countering insurgency and violent extremism in Nigeria through spiritual warfare.’

Now, if not for mischief, how does the headline justify the goal of the seminar organized by the Nigerian Army yesterday? How does the entire speech of the Army Chief amount to seeking prayers to fight a physical war as portrayed by the PUNCH?

The speech by the Army Chief, though represented by the CHIEF OF ARMY ADMINISTRATION Major Gen S.M YUSUF, never in anyway suggested using spiritualism to fight insurgency in the war front. Rather The Chief of Army Staff, Tukur Buratai, called on religious leaders to support the Nigerian Army in eradicating ideologies fuelling insurgency in the country.

What the Army Chief stated clearly was that aside eliminating the insurgents in the battlefield their ideologies must also be killed spiritually. Ideology is not a physical realm, it is a thought process and you do not kill ideas or ideology by physical war.

In essence the PUNCH PUBLICATION of OCTOBER 1 2019 was an attempt to portray the Army Chief as suggesting the use of spiritualism in the actual battle field and thus try to tarnish his image.

Nigerians are urged to ignore the unpatriotic and sensational headline of PUNCH NEWSPAPER as no where in the entire speech did the Army Chief suggest that spiritual method will now be used to fight in the battle field. Such publications are thus misleading.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/06/buratai-quoted-wrongly-over-indictment-of-soldiers-fighting-boko-haram-lawyer/amp/
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by supercase1(m): 11:57am On Oct 01, 2019
Someone should please give me buratai what's app/phone number!!!there is a very powerful jazz man in my village that even a shell from a tank gun or a bomb from a jet can not kill him!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by supercase1(m): 12:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
holocron:

You are quite right. The COAS should have used philosophical, or psychological warfare, or even religious warfare. Our people ( further confused by the press who should have enlightened them) are always confused by the word spiritual. Just like they confuse fraternities with cults. And the press is not helping.
May go help u in Jesus nane
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by stormborn28(m): 12:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
GavelSlam:

Try again.

In English this time.
the lies that ooze out of that army headquarters is enough to displace the planets from their orbit
Re: Boko Haram: Buratai Never Sought Spiritual Backing - Osuagwu Ugochukwu by kesmiraAutos: 2:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
Dear

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bala Mohammed Approves ₦30,000 New Minimum Wage / 2023: Tinubu Not Stopping Any Youth From Contesting For Presidency – Adeyeye / Bandits Would Have Overrun Imo If Not For Buhari – Uzodinma

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.