Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,414 members, 7,861,160 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:42 AM

Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky (22690 Views)

Patrick Obahiagbon Gets Senatorial Ticket After Kneeling Down To Beg / Patrick Obahiagbon Kneeling To Beg APC Delegates In Edo State (Photos) / Patrick Obahiagbon Picks APC Nomination Form For Senate (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by dgame2k2(m): 11:44am On Oct 01, 2019
Nigeria was never a closed economy. this man self

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by akdjr(m): 11:45am On Oct 01, 2019
Nigeria de always want to show I-know-more than master. You will be surprise that even the British prime minister as well as the Queen of England can not comprehend his message upon reading it.
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Giftedstan(m): 11:55am On Oct 01, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

"Glitters" in that sentence is not even a noun/subject. It is a verb. You are the one confusing yourself.
Oh sorry about that. However my point still remains valid except if re-examined

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
makewetalk2:
are you expecting me to read obiahagbon's english? I do not have such a time. the passport office in warri has no paper to print passport for months now. people's dreams and lives are swinging on a pendulum. the president does not care. it is shocking to even imagine that a whole country does not have papers to print passport. they claim that the papers come from singapore. how can? paper is got from trees. are we short of it? is this president not aware that Nigerians go through hell to get their passports?
obiahagbon should speak the language people can understand to articulate his points properly.
islam is the father of racism. slavery in the west began in the 15th century. that was about a thousand-year after mohammed initiated it. when the caliphate captured spain in the 7th century and that was in 711, they established racism and left aspects of their culture behind. arabic and spanish share common words up to this day like fatura (even common derogatory words to describe blacks negro and abeed). they initiated racism in spain. when the portuguese conquered spain a thousand-year after muslims had established racism, they took up the spanish hate for blacks. that is the culture that mohammedans installed in spain.
then, the spanish colonized argentina. and they left behind the islamic racial treatment of black people in argentina. as a result, after the colonial spaniards left, argentina took up that culture and made a national move to obliterate the blacks in argentina. up to this very day blacks are seen differently in argentina. thanks to mohammed. you can read about it below
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racism_in_Argentina
it did not stop there. the spanish also captured dominican republic and installed their islamo-racism culture there. you can read about the treatment of black people in dominican republic.
songs of solomon 1:6 shows there were blacks considered lovely and beautiful. Queen of Sheba was dark. Egyptians were blacks.
today, Egyptians are almost entirely white. Sudan was cut out of Egypt but compare Sudanese color to Egpytians of today. blacks have been ousted. the blacks in egypt were enslaved for a long time since racism father mohammed took the stage. google it! the few blacks in Egypt are now shoved to the south. and oppressed. thanks to the father of racism. https://www.alaraby.co.uk/english/features/2015/7/23/being-black-in-egypt
doesnt this explain why no middle-income nigerian man can marry a middle-income arab? a friend of mine tried it and almost got killed for it. the girl was cut out of her ancestral heritage because she wanted to marry the nigerian guy. the relationship finally ended on account of the hurt n pain.
Kudos to your effort to liberate the slaves, basking in an illusion of independence, celebrating the Independence Day yet no aspect of our sovereignity is of our own making.

The religions, official language, system of education — three vital elements that a sovereign people must develop themselves — were all foisted on us by the European and Arab colonialists and war mongers.

Yet, many can't see they are modern-day slaves and there is nothing to celebrate in a failed state, Nigeria.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Softenergy(m): 12:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
OnlyGodjnr:
What is this man saying?
That the tambourinecater of percireionsly of our national equilibration tilted in perpendicular of addendum
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by kingcornel(m): 12:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
No wonder he lost d senatorial position he went for... keep making fool of ursef.. EDIOMA wey mumu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by izombie(m): 1:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
Giftedstan:
a
Oga, me no get power to argue . I believe we should go back to our closest and review the rules. We are all learning .
So you are practically saying that : "all" that "glitters" "are" not gold , abi ? Since the glitters is plural so a plural verb(are) must be used. No sir.
If "all " doesn't represent "everything" then a plural verb. Eg. All the students (not student) in ...school "are " smart . Note I didn't say "is" cos we aren't taking about all the students in the world.
Please let the guru enlighten us . I'm open to correction .

dude you are confusing yourself. The other person you quoted is right. The correct word is "amount" because the "efforts" is plural.
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by izombie(m): 1:08pm On Oct 01, 2019
Softenergy:

That the tambourinecater of percireionsly of our national equilibration tilted in perpendicular of addendum
grin grin grin ;Dyou no well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Makefav(m): 1:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Kwanza:
A former lawmaker, Patrick Obahiagbon, has felicitated Nigeria as it marks the anniversary of what he describes as “59th autarky.”

Obahiagbon, aka Igodomigodo, was elected to the House of Representatives in 2007, and he was later appointed as Chief of Staff to Governor Adams Oshiomole in 2011.

In his goodwill message to the nation as it marks 59th Independence anniversary today, the lawyer-lawmaker states:

“As we celebrate Nigeria’s autarky at 59,we must reflect on the urgent need to pull Nigeria out of its marshmallow of centrifugal excrescences that currently weighs against our centripetal agglutinants.

“The Sisyphean challenge to the pax nigeriana of our dreams, more than anything else, still remains our maladorous, putrescent, frankeinstous and opprobrious drift into a cocoon of ethnocentric chauvinism and syphilitic parapoism.

“Until we extirpate the hereinbefore mentioned gorgon medusa, all efforts at nation building amounts to vacuous sciamachy.

“Best wishes Nigeria

“~ Patrick Obahiagbon.”

https://punchng.com/read-patrick-obahiagbons-independence-message-to-nigerians/
if this man re-seat for SSCE, NECO he can't pass English subject, He can't have E8 in English, cos what's centrifugal, centripetal, nigeriana, have to do With Nigeria problems,....... The man is saying nothing than speaking in tongue.....

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by cbngov01(m): 1:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...all efforts...amount...

Kwanza, I have corrected it. The man's understanding of subject-verb agreement is poor.

U sure say u sabi book at all..... Its either all effort amounts or all efforts amount. It cant be all efforts amounts...

Go back to sec school BOY...shu

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by sureteeboy(m): 2:28pm On Oct 01, 2019
olumzzz:
grin
I don't understand o
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by olumzzz(m): 2:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
sureteeboy:

I don't understand o
Good for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Kiloseria: 2:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
In summary, Nigeria is the best country on earth.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Cedricayus(m): 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
Air Duster for laptop and PC is available call or WhatsApp me 08091431815 smileyAir Duster for laptop and PC is available call or WhatsApp me 08091431815

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by backnbeta(f): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Nigeria is tacky grin
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Softenergy(m): 3:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
izombie:
grin grin grin ;Dyou no well
Thank you, sometimes I and Patrick tapriconozily need to have our heads surgically examined in tansantolity

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Kwanza: 5:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
NaijaDonCast:
This man is poor in dictating the riqht words to use in some contexts the're some words that suit a particular stands, but he randomly use grammars to put people in a state of bedlam

You too, are part of the problem

1 Like

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Kwanza: 5:18pm On Oct 01, 2019
backnbeta and softenergy no kuku well before
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Kwanza: 5:21pm On Oct 01, 2019
newmanadrian:
Pls give me 1k likes. I wan use am contest for NASS
You have a very good and legible handwriting.
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Caseless: 5:26pm On Oct 01, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

...all efforts...amount...

Kwanza, I have corrected it. The man's understanding of subject-verb agreement is poor.
you're wrong. After "efforts" other words came before "amounts", so it was in order to "pluralize" the the "latter verb". "efforts amounts" like you put it is wrong, but that's not what he did.
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by GrammarNazi1(m): 9:22pm On Oct 01, 2019
Caseless:
you're wrong. After "efforts" other words came before "amounts", so it was in order to "pluralize" the the "latter verb". "efforts amounts" like you put it is wrong, but that's not what he did.
Your understanding of subject-verb agreement is poor.
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Caseless: 7:05am On Oct 02, 2019
GrammarNazi1:

Your understanding of subject-verb agreement is poor.

You're the problem.
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by JobNowNowNg: 12:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
Caseless:

You're the problem.
You're ignorant. Instead of you to learn, you're still arrogant.

Who told you "amounts" is a plural verb?
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Caseless: 1:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
JobNowNowNg:

You're ignorant. Instead of you to learn, you're still arrogant.

Who told you "amounts" is a plural verb?
you kids won't cease to be irreverent on this forum. Take your damn ass back to that post, then you will find a job of understanding what it was set out for; illustrations. Go back, this time around, do it slowly.
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by JobNowNowNg: 2:34pm On Oct 02, 2019
Caseless:
you kids won't cease to be irreverent on this forum. Take your damn ass back to that post, then you will find a job of understanding what it was set out for; illustrations. Go back, this time around, do it slowly.
You're simply unteachable, old man.
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by NaijaDonCast(m): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
How come am part of the brouhaha?
Kwanza:

You too, are part of the problem
Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by Kwanza: 4:56pm On Oct 02, 2019
NaijaDonCast:
How come am part of the brouhaha?
Speak small grammar, no way...

Which one is now Balaam and behrami?

1 Like

Re: Independence Day message: Patrick Obahiagbon Celebrates Nigeria At 59th Autarky by NaijaDonCast(m): 7:06pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ok
Kwanza:
Speak small grammar, no way...
Which one is now Balaam and behrami?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bashiru Apapa: More Than Five Govs, Other Top Leaders Are Working For Peter Obi / Again APC Governors Disagree With Tinubu Over Campaign Matters / Ken Saro Wiwa Vs Nnamdi Kanu: Sarowiwa Was Intelligent - Gen. Akinrinade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.