Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,191 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:09 AM

UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ (9190 Views)

Eket Students Symposium And Joint Plenary Conference 2021 / Osun Abolishes Uniform Policy, Cancels Middle Schools / Ekene Franklin Ezeunala: I Aimed At Scoring 370 - UTME Best Candidate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by oshe11: 2:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
They do NOT want Them to be tried for Treasoncheesy
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Lamanii22(f): 2:47pm On Oct 01, 2019
References:
The management of the University of Benin on Monday cancelled a symposium for students titled “Is Nigeria ripe for a revolution?”

The event was organised by students of the Department of International Studies.

An undergraduate of the institution, who confirmed the incident to SaharaReporters, said, “Students were really anticipating the debate because the topic is of national interest these days.

“All of a sudden, the management came and ordered the students to cancel the debate because of the topic, they told students to choose another topic and another day for the event.”

When our correspondent asked one of the organisers if the symposium would still hold in the coming days, he said, “We are making contacts with other members to see how we can still make the debate hold and even bigger by partnering with the Coalition for Revolution.

“Meanwhile, the event may have to hold outside the university campus since the school’s management wants to dictate to students how to breathe before giving them a breathing space.

“Hopefully, our plans will go accordingly and we will not allow the management dictate to us what to discuss and what not to especially when the discourse is a national issue which would shape the country and give us the kind of country young people want.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/30/uniben-cancels-students-symposium-aimed-discussing-%E2%80%98revolution%E2%80%99

You want them to come and shut down your school abi? Look for another topic abeg

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Earthquake1: 2:49pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lamanii22:

You want them to come and shut down your school abi? Look for another topic abeg

Are we this fearful?

For how long shall we be cowards?

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 01, 2019
They should hold their peace. I am sure there are lecturers who are not in support of the managements decision. Those ones will bring this question in their exam to get their respective opinion.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Vicky10: 2:54pm On Oct 01, 2019
please let the students go on with it

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by glopatra(m): 3:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
This revolution might tarry but it shall surely come to pass. Not even the coward management of university vof Benin can stop this agitation.....

#RevolutionInTheAir

#FreeSOWORE
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Mogajunior(m): 3:03pm On Oct 01, 2019
cool

Here is the truth. an average Nigerian is weak and not ready for a significant change. We yearn for a better country but not ready to pay the price. We all talk about revolution but have no guts to execute it. until we change this mindset, Nigeria will remain as it is or even get worse.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by donabassclimcol(m): 3:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
its seems u guys want to join Sowore in Prison. Make una quick waka oh, as for me, I don commot here oh

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by donabassclimcol(m): 3:09pm On Oct 01, 2019
I know people like u who make mouth, but when it come to action, they are no where to be found, my brother I beg gently enter ur room go sit down mooo. I no wan hear news say DSS don arrest u here again nooo

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by JonOlive: 3:17pm On Oct 01, 2019
The healthy seed of Revolution in this country has been planted. It has germinated. They can supress the plumule all they can but the radicle keeps taking deeper root. On a night, an unforseen night, this supressed plumule, because of its massive unseen radicle, will grow to an unstoppable Iroko tree. That night, every greedy politician past and present, every compromised military personnel retired and active, every corrupt public and civil servant will run and there will be no where to hide.
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by faithfull18(f): 3:19pm On Oct 01, 2019
cool
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by crackhouse(m): 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2019
Trust Buhari to send u guys some DSS anywhere you choose to hold it.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by REDshouse(m): 3:27pm On Oct 01, 2019
We are getting there
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Lamanii22(f): 3:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
Earthquake1:

Are we this fearful?

Not like everyone's fearful... Even if we all planned to take over, some amongst us would still be betrayals... No one can be trusted.... Let's say we pick a day for protest or revolution, somebody would go behind our backs and tell them.. And then they would start harassing us... before you know it there would be shootings, people would die, and then the ones with no fear before would become scared, no one would want to rise up again... and then the country again would still be governed by same old thieves...

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by simhosting: 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
Nawa

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by lomprico(m): 3:45pm On Oct 01, 2019
dem go.use dss/police scatter am for the new venue.

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 01, 2019
i see

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by sizer07: 3:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
Pabloosas:
cheesy

Fear of cowbuhari the ABOKI oppressor is the beginning of the escape from eko,kirikiri. Everybody is now afraid which is exactly what the tyrant Cowbuhai and his cabals want. We most all enjoy this next level together oh.... Bloody fools
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
Very dull students.. How do u discuss such in an open symposium. Every union in tertiary institutions should stand on one ground. The release of Sowore can be that common ground. If they are not cowards unlike us back in the days a little spark from different universities is enough to start the fire we need to burn the fvckers down.. No mod should fvck with me oo na suggestions i dey give angry
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
REDshouse:
We are getting there
Not like this... we are getting no where
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Basher8583: 4:01pm On Oct 01, 2019
Earthquake1:

Are we this fearful?

Haba. What's your rating for. Did anyone hold your legs. Go and do your Revolution now. Sowore has done his and has seen the repercussion. You too do your own and see yours.
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by arrestdarrester: 4:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
Opposition cowed, media muzzled, judiciary intimidated and now the academia is to be silenced.
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 01, 2019
Lamanii22:

Not like everyone's fearful... Even if we all planned to take over, some amongst us would still be betrayals... No one can be trusted.... Let's say we pick a day for protest or revolution, somebody would go behind our backs and tell them.. And then they would start harassing us... before you know it there would be shootings, people would die, and then the ones with no fear before would become scared, no one would want to rise up again... and then the country again would still be governed by same old thieves...

There should be no particular day but a union of like minds meeting for a common goal in every major city and every major tertiary institutions across the nation. Different days should be set aside for protests targeting public buildings and properties but no destruction or looting. This should go on for as long as every unionist,both public workers and students have exhausted each chapter in each city states and universities across Nigeria. Then u will know the power that is waiting to arise and bring true change once and for all.

They can't arrest detain or kill everyone nationwide

1 Like

Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Alexaonfleek: 4:11pm On Oct 01, 2019
Justice may be delayed bit will never be denied.

#revolution now
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Deasegun19(m): 4:23pm On Oct 01, 2019
you're just postponing the inevitable...
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Advancedman(m): 4:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
References:
The management of the University of Benin on Monday cancelled a symposium for students titled “Is Nigeria ripe for a revolution?”

The event was organised by students of the Department of International Studies.

An undergraduate of the institution, who confirmed the incident to SaharaReporters, said, “Students were really anticipating the debate because the topic is of national interest these days.

“All of a sudden, the management came and ordered the students to cancel the debate because of the topic, they told students to choose another topic and another day for the event.”

When our correspondent asked one of the organisers if the symposium would still hold in the coming days, he said, “We are making contacts with other members to see how we can still make the debate hold and even bigger by partnering with the Coalition for Revolution.

“Meanwhile, the event may have to hold outside the university campus since the school’s management wants to dictate to students how to breathe before giving them a breathing space.

“Hopefully, our plans will go accordingly and we will not allow the management dictate to us what to discuss and what not to especially when the discourse is a national issue which would shape the country and give us the kind of country young people want.”

http://saharareporters.com/2019/09/30/uniben-cancels-students-symposium-aimed-discussing-%E2%80%98revolution%E2%80%99

The fear of Buhari
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by anaton(m): 4:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
post=82740676:
Before nko wetin you dey expect ? Do you want to insight the students ? And make most of them end up like Sowore

No be only insight na outsight too. cry
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by loadedvibes: 4:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
You join Nigeria problem.. but thank God I'm not an English man and you are not either ..
anaton:

No be only insight na outsight too. cry
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by thoniann(m): 5:00pm On Oct 01, 2019
Switruth:
Uniben my alma mata. If you know Obe Rasak you should know me. We lead others follow.

Obey Your Mind!
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Legendguru: 5:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
hmm
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by Lamanii22(f): 5:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
dairykidd:

There should be no particular day but a union of like minds meeting for a common goal in every major city and every major tertiary institutions across the nation. Different days should be set aside for protests targeting public buildings and properties but no destruction or looting. This should go on for as long as every unionist,both public workers and students have exhausted each chapter in each city states and universities across Nigeria. Then u will know the power that is waiting to arise and bring true change once and for all.

They can't arrest detain or kill everyone nationwide

Although I'm ready to fight for my country, I'm not scared... I'd love to see my country change for the better...
Re: UNIBEN Cancels Students' Symposium Aimed At Discussing ‘Revolution’ by samorobo: 5:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
Bawizzo:
Nigeria isn't ripe for revolution, not when sowore is making a solo sails.

What we need to do is unite be it PDP or Biafra or sowore and forcefully remove this govt....he own don too much.
Peaceful protest is not working

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

16 Strange Things Banned Around The World. / Students Burn Federal Poly Nekede. Pictures / Waec Result - 2014 Waec Result Checker

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.