Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:54 AM

Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. (6143 Views)

I Saved An Accident Victim's Life And I'm Proud Of It / How To Recover Quickly After Cesarean Section Delivery. / Cesarean Section Is Not A Taboo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Lana75(f): 11:42am On Oct 03, 2019
Mummy4life1:
I learnt a lot. Thank you ma'am
. God bless u sis
Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by LadyShadow(f): 11:52am On Oct 03, 2019
Nice thread... I'm a FTM with inadequate pelvic outlet and has been allowed to labour and if labour fails, to go for CS... I'm actually cool with it.. It's not a death sentence.. I was not there when the Hebrew women gave birth so I don't know if they vomitted the baby sef as long as I'm good and baby is good..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Mommadd(f): 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nice thread and long over due, am a first time mom to be and the moment I took in, made up my mind I was going to opt for cs, my dh even supported that.
Alot of stigma going around about cs, people need to be enlightened.
I weep anytime I hear they lost a mother or baby because they refuse cs
please everyone should come share their experience, let us know what to expect and how to prepare for it.
God bless all mothers

4 Likes

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by cutiereborn(f): 3:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
irene670:
wonderful thread maams! This thread will grow and never die.
Cs is a life saver
so you see? people like us with boderline pelvics will always deliver through cs. I don't care what pple say oo. after all dey don't pay my bills neither do dey bear d pain for me. so people's opinion does not matter to me. i have my son alive and healthy.
Seems i am team borderline pelvis as well.
Had my princess in September 2015, through CS cos doctor said something about my pelvis being narrow or small. Fortunately I wasn't in labour for long before he said it and we prayed about it and immediately signed the form for CS.
I think also, what discourages most mother's from CS is the fee. It could be quite pricey as we paid as much as 360k then, though in a private hospital, but it was very much worth it cos I was always pumped with so much painkillers I didn't feel any pain. As a matter of fact, the next day I walked the stairs from the recovery room to my room without help.

4 Likes

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 5:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
[quote author=Mommadd post=82799041]Nice thread and long over due, am a first time mom to be and the moment I took in, made up my mind I was going to opt for cs, my dh even supported that.
please everyone should come share their experience, let us know what to expect and how to prepare for it.
God bless all mothers.

Welcome mama

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
LadyShadow:
Nice thread... I'm a FTM with inadequate pelvic outlet and has been allowed to labour and if labour fails, to go for CS... I'm actually cool with it.. It's not a death sentence.. I was not there when the Hebrew women gave birth so I don't know if they vomitted the baby sef as long as I'm good and baby is good..

Hahahaha my sister I tell you. am proud of my scar.

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 5:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
[quote author=Lana75 wow thank God for you life. Sorrow will never see us in Jesus name.
Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 5:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
[quote author=Mommadd post=82799041]Nice thread and long over due, am a first time mom to be and the moment I took in, made up my mind I was going to opt for cs, my dh even supported that.
God bless all mothers

You shall carry to term in Jesus name. Before I got married I told myself I would go through elective cs. I want special birthday for my kids grin we shall not cast our young in Jesus name. Am proud of my scar.

2 Likes

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 6:21pm On Oct 03, 2019
I gave birth to my kids through c section. My first I went up to 40 weeks without labour pains. So on a particular day i decided to go for scan my baby was big and they said i was overdue. I had to rush to my doctor. i was given a drug to put under my tongue after that i went home. through out that day i did not feel any pain. I returned to the doctor this time ,he had to put me on drip and Still i was not moved i wasn't dilating. This was about 24 hours after putting the drug under my tongue. He was attending to me at the same time checking the heartbeat of the baby. He said since I wasn't processing he has to section me. I wasn't scared I only asked him to tell hubby. he did and promised him the baby would be out in less than 7 minutes and it came to pass. grin .I went home on the third day .the pain wasn't unbearable because I had people around me.I made use of pillow each time I needed to sneeze. I made sure I didn't lift anything heavier than my baby's weight. Above all it was just God.

6 Likes

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by LadyShadow(f): 9:47pm On Oct 03, 2019
formidablefunmi:
I gave birth to my kids through c section. My first I went up to 40 weeks without labour pains. So on a particular day i decided to go for scan my baby was big and they said i was overdue. I had to rush to my doctor. i was given a drug to put under my tongue after that i went home. through out that day i did not feel any pain. I returned to the doctor this time ,he had to put me on drip and Still i was not moved i wasn't dilating. This was about 24 hours after putting the drug under my tongue. He was attending to me at the same time checking the heartbeat of the baby. He said since I wasn't processing he has to section me. I wasn't scared I only asked him to tell hubby. he did and promised him the baby would be out in less than 7 minutes and it came to pass. grin .I went home on the third day .the pain wasn't unbearable because I had people around me.I made use of pillow each time I needed to sneeze. I made sure I didn't lift anything heavier than my baby's weight. Above all it was just God.
wow...

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Mummy4life1: 4:40am On Oct 04, 2019
formidablefunmi:
Thanks for sharing Ma'am

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by iyimide(m): 5:41am On Oct 04, 2019
Hi Mommas..
I am Dr Oluwaseyi..
Sharing my own experience even though I am male..
As far as I am concerned, CS is the bomb.. I always say normal delivery is like being hit by a dangote truck and survive it . U never remain the same...
All these people shouting Hebrew women.. they should also try trekking from Egypt to Isreal na...
My wife knew, agreed and signed a note before marriage that it will be assisted Delivery all through.. and the children will be born October 1 and November 1.
Thank God we did the first October 1 2018. She just became 1 year old a few days ago..
CS is actually good.. very good at that especially when it is elective and timely.. no one does from CS when it is done by competent hands, done electively and timely between 35 to 37 weeks..

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 7:07am On Oct 04, 2019
[quote author=iyimide post=82820002]Hi Mommas..
I am Dr Oluwaseyi..
Sharing my own experience even though I am male..
As far as I am concerned, CS is the bomb.. I always say normal delivery is like being hit by a dangote truck and survive it . U never remain the same...
All these people shouting Hebrew women.. they should also try trekking from Egypt to Isreal na...
My wife knew, agreed and signed a note before marriage that it will be assisted Delivery all through.. and the children will be born October 1 and November 1.
Thank God we did the first October 1 2018. She just became 1 year old a few days ago..
CS is actually good.. very good at that especially when it is elective and timely.. no one does from CS when it is done by competent hands, done electively and timely between 35 to 37 weeks.

Lolz it doesn't matter if you are male. You are always welcome here. Let's keep this section alive. We re proud of our scar.
Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by peggygee: 8:06pm On Oct 05, 2019
Na Dem knw o.

Pls any1 that did mixed feeding for their baby here? My boy doesn't seem satisfied with just breastmilk, I've been giving him both breast milk n formula, but I'm not comfortable at all.

Any advise pls.

Also can I give him water ?

Honeysweetest:
people are ooo, especially when the word natural/normal delivery is used to describe vagina birth, I also think CS should be called natural/normal delivery too via C's.
Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by blessedchick(f): 11:12am On Oct 06, 2019
I delivered my first child through cs in September 2016 at thirty eight weeks because of preemclaysia.my motherinlaw told me that we should go to the hospital for check up.when we got there the doctor checked baby's heart beat was very high and my bp was rising. doctor checked if my cervix was open so that he could induce labour.my cervix was still closed.so he said am not going home, he placed me on drip.to see if my bp would go down so that he can induce me but it didn't. so the next day been Wednesday he called my mother and motherinlaw and told them that cs is the only option left since baby is in distress and my bp is high.my mother wanted to object but since is the only option left for me and my baby to be save she accepted. I was taken to the theater and given injection then I slept off. when I woke up I was told that when they brought her out she refused to cry the doctor spank she refused to cry he also removed some liquid from her nose that he was even given up saying so this baby will not survive that what is he going to tell me when I woke up. then he then heard her sneezed and then she cried. they started rejoicing my mother went and bought drinks for the doctors and nurses that evening.
the important thing is mother and child alive cs is not bad,you should not feel insecure because you went through cs

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Halcyon123(f): 11:24am On Oct 06, 2019
[1quote author=peggygee post=82871491]
Na Dem knw o.

Pls any1 that did mixed feeding for their baby here? My boy doesn't seem satisfied with just breastmilk, I've been giving him both breast milk n formula, but I'm not comfortable at all.

Any advise pls.

Also can I give him water ?

[/quote]yes, pls give him water to avoid constipation since he is formula fed. Ensure you give him water before and after every feed

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Vicilo(m): 12:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
How on earth would anyone be ashamed of this? In fact I practically convinced my wife to take it since the consultant has warned of danger associated with delivery of 4.5 kg of baby and it was easier, faster, painless etc.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Mummy4life1: 12:30pm On Oct 06, 2019
blessedchick:
I delivered my first child through cs in September 2016 at thirty eight weeks because of preemclaysia.my motherinlaw told me that we should go to the hospital for check up.when we got there the doctor checked baby's heart beat was very high and my bp was rising. doctor checked if my cervix was open so that he could induce labour.my cervix was still closed.so he said am not going home, he placed me on drip.to see if my bp would go down so that he can induce me but it didn't. so the next day been Wednesday he called my mother and motherinlaw and told them that cs is the only option left since baby is in distress and my bp is high.my mother wanted to object but since is the only option left for me and my baby to be save she accepted. I was taken to the theater and given injection then I slept off. when I woke up I was told that when they brought her out she refused to cry the doctor spank she refused to cry he also removed some liquid from her nose that he was even given up saying so this baby will not survive that what is he going to tell me when I woke up. then he then heard her sneezed and then she cried. they started rejoicing my mother went and bought drinks for the doctors and nurses that evening.
the important thing is mother and child alive cs is not bad,you should not feel insecure because you went through cs
Thank you Ma'am for sharing your experience. It encouraged me. Thank you ma'am

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Ellemama(f): 8:24am On Oct 07, 2019
Its almost 2020 people, vbirth or csection, both are supernatural delivery. And supernatural delivery for me is one after which father, mother and baby/babies are OK!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by LadyShadow(f): 9:00pm On Oct 09, 2019
My people, let's keep this thread alive.. It's informative and educational, God bless us all!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 10:13am On Oct 10, 2019
Thanx to you all for keeping this trend alive. I had been busy .but am back now wink

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 10:15am On Oct 10, 2019
Mummy4life1 how are you doing?
Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Mummy4life1: 10:18am On Oct 10, 2019
formidablefunmi:
Mummy4life1 how are you doing?
Madam, I dey oooo. Still going through my pregnancy package

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 10:32am On Oct 10, 2019
[quote author=Mummy4life1 post=83005269]Madam, I dey oooo. Still going through my pregnancy package. It would end in praise .

2 Likes

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by Mummy4life1: 10:35am On Oct 10, 2019
[quote author=formidablefunmi post=83005731][/quote]Amen!

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by nneejima(f): 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2019
Am proud of my scar, cs is a life saver. There is no trophy for vaginal delivery. Am coming to share my experience

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by ahnie: 1:59pm On Oct 21, 2019
nneejima:
Am proud of my scar, cs is a life saver. There is no trophy for vaginal delivery. Am coming to share my experience
You don drop?
Congratulations nne!

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 10:28am On Oct 23, 2019
Thank you mamas for keeping this group alive
Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 10:31am On Oct 23, 2019
The history of caesarean section (C-section) dates back as far as Ancient Roman times. Pliny the Elder suggested that Julius Caesar was named after an ancestor who was born by C-section.

During this era, the C-section procedure was used to save a baby from the womb of a mother who had died while giving birth.

The mother of Julius Caesar himself, lived through childbirth, therefore eliminating the possibility that the ruler was himself born by C-section.

Ancient Jewish literature from Maimonides suggests that the surgical delivery of a baby was possible without killing the mother, but the surgery was rarely performed.

Survival rates would have been low after the procedure, due to the risk of bleeding and infection.

Historically, the surgery has always been performed to save the baby rather than the mother.

The first recorded case of a mother surviving the surgery was in the 1580s in Siegersausen, Switzerland where Jacob Nufer who was a pig gelder is said to have performed the operation on his wife when her labour was not progressing. The mother survived the operation and went on to have five more successful deliveries naturally . credit google
Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 10:37am On Oct 23, 2019
Mamas For quick recovery after C-section
Get your fill of fiber and fluids. Reason is One of the most common complaints post C- section is constipation.
Drink plenty of fluids. ..
Turn up the heat. ...
Eat nutrient -packed meals. ...
Keep taking your prenatal vitamin. ...
Get some rest.
Above all pray without seasoning.
I am proud of my scar.

1 Like

Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2019
[quote author=nneejima post=83333116]Am proud of my scar, cs is a life saver. Loud itttttttt..... We are patiently waiting.
Re: Cesarean Section.be Proud Of Your Scar. by formidablefunmi(f): 10:42am On Oct 25, 2019
Whether CS or normal delivery..... YOU ARE A CHAMPION....

I am celebrating all mothers who had their babies via CS today.

They are told or mocked by fellow women that it's a cheap way out of pushing your baby.....

No one tells you the fear and uncertainty as you are wheeled into the theatre.....

"Madam please hold still.... Don't move now. We are going to give you a test shot in your spine.... We need you to be very stillllllll."

"Can you feel this?" They ask
Once you say NO..... Work begins.

The doctors jisting over your head about badly eaten suya or favourite food and if they are in a great mood they ask you what's your favourite meal. You think they want to jist but really they want to keep you awake.

Then shivering starts, teeth breaking, theater shattering...... They tell you it's expected

Then the epidural wears off and you are wondering what pain is this? With that pain you are expected to sit up and breast feed baby.
You came to the hospital with some others but they wave you byeeee walking out unassisted but you are still here wobbling like a wet duck.

You are forced to try and walk straight.....
"Madam/ Oga Nurse better don't touch me. Dont you know I am in excruciating pain? Stop that."

Finally you are discharged but with a long set of rules.....
Don't carry heavy load
Don't bend suddenly
Don't move anyhow
No sex
Blablabla......

But you must feed baby, Bathe baby......

Then the healing process begins
The internal itching ....how do you get to the scar? You tap your stomach gently but it doesn't help.

They finally remove your plaster but it pinches part of your skin with it.

They have finally removed the catheter but no one tells you urinating is work.... You dread going to urinate cos the pain can't be explained. Better imagined.

Let's not talk pooing..... You will take all the oranges and laxatives in the world so it can be easy

One demonic cough comes, you need to cough but the fear of your stitches opening makes you breathe or should I say growl.....

You can't laugh or risk your scars opening

You are still nursing a baby with all this pain.

Months after you stop feeling the pain so you think you are completely fit and then you try one rough play and your body warns you.... " You are not fully healed, mind yourself"

This is a road walked by many women but some others will never experience this......

Motherhood is fun and beautiful
No birth trumps the other

CS or VB, strong women won the battle over death......

N/B
How can I forget the begging for water like your life depends on it and the doctors telling you that you can't drink water till you pass gas.

All of a sudden passing gas is something you start looking forward to and you don't care if people are there....... When you finally pass the gas, you start shouting out at all the doctors and nurses " I passed gas"

-(copied post)

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For November 26 2020 In Nigeria / Please Help! I'm Having Severe Scabies, I Need Fast Relief. / (photos)product Invented To Allow Women To Pee Standing Up

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.