Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,769 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian (28526 Views)

Shettima Gets Humiliated In Owerri, Governor Hope Tries To Intervene & Failed / Maria Ude Nwachi: Umahi Humiliated Me, Refused To Pay Me Allowances / Osibanjo Humiliated In His Polling Unit Vgc 033. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Maski87: 7:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
I wonder why he didn't tell them he was the governor of ebonyi state
#do you know who I am?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Sirpaul(m): 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Una never see anything more coming... Rubbish
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by THUNDER4real(m): 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Did they naked you for the searching..Humiliation ko, humiliating ni

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by jkendy(m): 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
Why won't you be humiliated when your able Mr Integrity couldn't deliver a simple coherent speech even with papers in his hands.
Tell me how and why you expected to be 'honoured'
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by colestephan86: 7:35pm On Oct 01, 2019
Man102:
JUST IN!!! How I was Humiliated In America Because I’m Nigerian – Gov. Umahi Reveals

Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State, on Tuesday, revealed how he was embarrassed and humiliated in New York City during the just concluded 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), Igbere TV reports.

reports had reported that Umahi accompanied President Mohammadu Buhari to the UNGA meeting.

Speaking on Tuesday at Pa Ngele Oruta Township Stadium, Umahi noted that he was specially singled out, humiliated and searched, just because he is a Nigerian.

Umahi made this known while addressing a mammoth crowd of Ebonyians who attended the 59th anniversary of Nigeria and Ebonyi state at 23, that took place at the Pa Ngele Oruta township stadium, Abakaliki capital of Ebonyi state.

The governor further noted that, he will be travelling with President Mohammad Buhari again to South Africa to find solution to the lingering crisis between Nigerians living South Africa and the citizens of the host country.

According to him “Let me assure Ebonyi people and the entire southeast that the closure of the Akanu-Ibiam International Airport at Enugu was for the safety of our people.

“As the chairman of south East governors forum, I had a meeting with Mr president and we have agreed on modalities for quick execution and of cause comprehensive over haul of that airport.

“We are seeking for a special funding with Mr president and as i travel with him, i will also reveal to him how much we have gone in the release of the funds for the quick completion of that project.

“We have provided two coaster buses, 10 pick up vans and a brand new liaison zone office in Owerri, this will assist our people who are travelling to the airport there.

The governor, however, warned against speaking ill of President Buhari and governors of various states in the country, noting that castigating the President will not add any value to the progress of the country.

“Castigating leaders openly will not add any value to what we seek rather our eyes should be on the ball.

“We must as Nigerians do everything to uphold our cultural value and better ourselves outside the country. The way we are treated outside the shores of this land is not encouraging, we must have to do empirical evaluation of ourselves, we get devalued a lot in other nations.

“I got calls from people in Ghana, saying that a lot of them are about to be sentenced, some people have been imprisoned for 1000 years and some 500 years imprison.

“And so, it is important that as Nigerians, we should reevaluate our statues and our values because the way we are treated even as a governor, you don’t wear governor at the airport.

“When I was in America, they singled some of us out and conducted a thorough search, it is an intimidation. We will not continue to live in such manner that bring humiliation to our nation, it is very important,” he noted

https://dailypost.ng/2019/10/01/humiliated-america-im-nigerian-umahi/amp/
It's only when you are here you can oppress your people, the moment you leave the shores of this nation you are also one of those assholes from the Sithole.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Maldini212(m): 7:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
But they didn't behead you
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
The man was trying very hard to be politically correct; he should direct his advice to his criminally inclined Blodas who go about the diaspora tarnishing our image to the level that nations are now profiling Nigerians at their points of entry as potential criminals.
Unfortunately the same miscreants are the ones insulting the country, the president and blaming everybody and everything for their crimes but themselves - they are all the place, littering the forum with their habitual insults.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Ayoefa: 7:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
He was singled out because of the IPOB drug dealers, human traffickers, fraudsters and other criminals . But some brainwashed retarded IPOB monkeys will like to change the narrative to mean something that it's not.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by MANNABBQGRILLS: 7:41pm On Oct 01, 2019
The governor, however, warned against speaking ill of President Buhari and governors of various states in the country, noting that castigating the President will not add any value to the progress of the country
Make person wey wan lose him daily bread and put his family in misery do peeeeen, make we hear! cheesy

Wail on your mat at home, don't bring it to work.
Simple!

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by baysol: 7:42pm On Oct 01, 2019
Man102:
JUST IN!!! How I was Humiliated In America Because I’m Nigerian – Gov. Umahi Reveals

Governor David Nweze Umahi of Ebonyi State, on Tuesday, revealed how he was embarrassed and humiliated in New York City during the just concluded 74th session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA), Igbere TV reports.

reports had reported that Umahi accompanied President Mohammadu Buhari to the UNGA meeting.

Speaking on Tuesday at Pa Ngele Oruta Township Stadium, Umahi noted that he was specially singled out, humiliated and searched, just because he is a Nigerian.

Umahi made this known while addressing a mammoth crowd of Ebonyians who attended the 59th anniversary of Nigeria and Ebonyi state at 23, that took place at the Pa Ngele Oruta township stadium, Abakaliki capital of Ebonyi state.

The governor further noted that, he will be travelling with President Mohammad Buhari again to South Africa to find solution to the lingering crisis between Nigerians living South Africa and the citizens of the host country.

According to him “Let me assure Ebonyi people and the entire southeast that the closure of the Akanu-Ibiam International Airport at Enugu was for the safety of our people.

“As the chairman of south East governors forum, I had a meeting with Mr president and we have agreed on modalities for quick execution and of cause comprehensive over haul of that airport.

“We are seeking for a special funding with Mr president and as i travel with him, i will also reveal to him how much we have gone in the release of the funds for the quick completion of that project.

“We have provided two coaster buses, 10 pick up vans and a brand new liaison zone office in Owerri, this will assist our people who are travelling to the airport there.

The governor, however, warned against speaking ill of President Buhari and governors of various states in the country, noting that castigating the President will not add any value to the progress of the country.

“Castigating leaders openly will not add any value to what we seek rather our eyes should be on the ball.

“We must as Nigerians do everything to uphold our cultural value and better ourselves outside the country. The way we are treated outside the shores of this land is not encouraging, we must have to do empirical evaluation of ourselves, we get devalued a lot in other nations.

“I got calls from people in Ghana, saying that a lot of them are about to be sentenced, some people have been imprisoned for 1000 years and some 500 years imprison.

“And so, it is important that as Nigerians, we should reevaluate our statues and our values because the way we are treated even as a governor, you don’t wear governor at the airport.

“When I was in America, they singled some of us out and conducted a thorough search, it is an intimidation. We will not continue to live in such manner that bring humiliation to our nation, it is very important,” he noted

This what you igbos will get for all the atrocities yall have committed all over the world in the name of Nigeria. I can not wait for Biafra still born to be birthed so everyone know your wicked works worldwide. Enjoy the ride while it lasts.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Centcanada: 7:44pm On Oct 01, 2019
If I was there, I will.gave you a dirty slap self. Idiot that work with zombies inside zoo.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Trutherme: 7:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Richy4(m): 7:52pm On Oct 01, 2019
KraticKratus:
He called being searched humiliation?

These zoogerians need to get out more.

I deliberately read the write up twice just to make sure I find anything that looks like humiliation..
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Numismatic(m): 7:53pm On Oct 01, 2019
I thought governors use Diplomatic passports while travelling. How can the search and single you out if you are travelling with such a passport?

1 Like

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by princegeo(m): 7:55pm On Oct 01, 2019
Street man
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by lagdmark(m): 7:56pm On Oct 01, 2019
The foolish Umuahi guy is following Buhari up and down, he should ask Rochas Okorocha what he got from following Buhari up and down.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by islandmoon: 7:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
and you didn't ask them " Do you know I AM? "
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by javaguru: 7:58pm On Oct 01, 2019
this is just the minor searching. My cloth was nearly thorn in india.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Ekaka1(m): 7:59pm On Oct 01, 2019
Man102:

With all the money these idioootts steal...he still can't buy a fitting suit.. sad
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by shupsy2012: 8:02pm On Oct 01, 2019
I tire ooo.....there are Arab countries filled with terrorist but Nigeria seem to be the worst.
udoekere:
Is Nigeria the worst country on Earth?
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Litmus: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2019
Means America is an uncivilised Nation then, come on people, stop with these self-pitying. A civilised nation treats everyone with respect and there are laws and procedures available for those treated unlawfully or whom customer service treated with less than the professionalism the relevant institution demands.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by jonnyjustcome22: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
Relax me governor you expect them to give you special treatment because you are a governor back home but you are wrong. There every body is equal no specially treatment.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by ransomed: 8:30pm On Oct 01, 2019
So shall you continue to suffer humiliation and public disgrace till you repent and fix your state. Amen.
You ain't seen nothing yet
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Omenkata: 8:32pm On Oct 01, 2019
[s]
post=82750051:

Make person wey lose him daily bread a d put his family in misery do peeeeen, make we hear! cheesy

Wail on your mat at home, don't bring it to work.
Simple!
[/s]
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by passion007: 8:33pm On Oct 01, 2019
KraticKratus:
He called being searched humiliation?

These zoogerians need to get out more.

The fact you've become used to being searched by any country's border control doesn't make it right, and yes it's humiliating. We've lost our dignity as a nation. If supermarket staff walk up to me and ask to search items I've purchased and paid for, I find that humiliating enough, not to talk of being searched at the airport. I was singled out at Canary islands airport in Lanzarote for a search, and a cocaine test ...how humiliating!! Despite their assurances that it was only a random search. What are the odds of that being a Nigerian in an airport full of 98% white people.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Nobody: 8:36pm On Oct 01, 2019
Are you a Yahoo Boy ?

Yahoo Politicians should be searched thoroughly to avoid a repeat of Gandollars.

Kudos Trump..
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Litmus: 8:38pm On Oct 01, 2019
The intention of this post and others like it is to brainwash you Nigerians. Those doing this may not realise that they are only succeeding in brainwashing you people into hating yourselves and your country. It is not that they care if you ended up hating yourselves and your country – the selfish individuals that they are - since this may serve their purpose in another way. Their true intention is to make you blame the government of the day for the situation they are painting of Nigeria in the hope that you will act in ways that may hand them political power whether through elections or other undemocratic means. Never forget that these people do not care about you, they want power and if they cannot have power, they do not care if your country collapses. The mark of the individual or party worthy of your support is that individual or party that want Nigeria to succeed whether they are in power or not. They would never put you or you country down; they would instead always try to persuade you that they are best for the nation through how they intend to make things better.
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by abraham01emma01: 8:39pm On Oct 01, 2019
If any leaders hate Castigation he or she should do good and live the life worth of emulation ( praises)
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by KraticKratus: 8:43pm On Oct 01, 2019
passion007:

The fact you've become used to being searched by any country's border control doesn't make it right, and yes it's humiliating. We've lost our dignity as a nation. If supermarket staff walk up to me and ask to search items I've purchased and paid for, I find that humiliating enough, not to talk of being searched at the airport. I was singled out at Canary islands airport in Lanzarote for a search, and a cocaine test ...how humiliating!! Despite their assurances that it was only a random search. What are the odds of that being a Nigerian in an airport full of 98% white people.

So did you call a village meeting to complain to your people like the governor is doing?
Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by Nobody: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
I am perplexed that Mr. Umahi was shocked that he along with some others in his company were singled out for a search in NY city. Mr. Umahi ought to realize that the special treatment that he and his fellow crooked politicians get in Nigeria is not available to him and others outside the shores of Nigeria. The TSA (Transportation Security Administration) officers do not give a damn who he's especially when it comes to them doing their job. And besides he's a Nigerian and traveling from there. Judging by the bad reputation that Nigeria and Nigerians have the world over, there's no better candidate for a body search than him. So, as a citizen of one of the most corrupt, fraudulent and failed states on earth, if he wants to be accorded any respect he needs to govern with integrity and honesty in order to help rebuild the tarnished image of the country. If not, he needs to take a chill pill and just take any abuse and humiliation that he gets when he travels abroad like the rest of his fellow country men and women.

1 Like

Re: Umahi Humiliated In America Because He Is Nigerian by richie240: 8:57pm On Oct 01, 2019
Man102:

I got calls from people in Ghana, saying that a lot of them are about to be sentenced, some people have been imprisoned for 1000 years and some 500 years imprison.

victim mentality as usual. You got calls and u couldn't ask them what they did to warrant 1000years jail sentence?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Lagos PVC Clash: Tinubu Is Afraid Of Election - Debo Ologunagba / Erosion Destroys Road In Isuochi, Abia State (Photos) / 7 Soldiers Killed In Taraba As Bandits Ambush Army General’s Convoy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.