Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? (23080 Views)

For Every Beginner Who Asked - Which Language Should I Start With? Watch This / What Back End Language Should I Learn In 2020 ? / What Programming Language Should START With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2019
Hi Nairalanders.I want To learn programming language since i have no knowledge in any of the language i need advice on which programming language i should start with and why i should start with that one.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:04pm On Oct 01, 2019
udoekere:
Hi Nairalanders.I want To learn programming language since i have no knowledge in any of the language i need advice on which programming language i should start with and why i should start with that one.

Lalasticlala
seun
mynd44

Start with python. Easy to learn.

30 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 9:07pm On Oct 01, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

please can it be used to develop website like Nairaland?
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by MASTERCHIEF0847(m): 9:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
udoekere:
Yes you can use it for websites, applications and more

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by bytementor: 10:10pm On Oct 01, 2019
udoekere:

You can start learning web development from scratch at www.bytementor.com where a mentor can guide you from beginner to full-satck developer.

You can learn more on our thread
https://www.nairaland.com/5407969/full-stack-web-developer-using-bytementor

Or visit our website and have a chat with our live support team who will be happy to help you get started.

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Sugarcious(m): 11:22am On Oct 02, 2019
Check this tread on Nairaland. It should answer your question. https://www.nairaland.com/1147325/want-learn-programming-which-language

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by MasterGramnet(m): 11:34am On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:

Lalasticlala
seun
mynd44
Mayb U Want To Learn How To Design A Website, Then U've To Start With Html, When U're Done With That, U Move To CSS And Then Gradually To The Others. That's It.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Elijahrona(m): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2019
You're getting it wrong. Programming is best learnt when you've got a purpose for it. Ask yourself why you want to learn programming. Do you want to make an app or a webpage or a program for a machine? You've got to be specific with why you're learning programming because different languages have their different purposes. For App, I suggest Java, Kotlin, JavaScript (using react native), etc. For webpage, I'd suggest JavaScript, CSS, HTML, etc or PHP.

To answer your question, HTML is the easiest to learn followed by CSS (my personal opinion though). I still stand that you know why/what you want to program.

(Some will say HTML CSS aren't languages though)

68 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by mildteddy(m): 11:37am On Oct 02, 2019
Start with JavaScript

You might start and end your whole career using only JavaScript. It is relatively easy to learn, you can easily get support online (StackOverflow) when you're stuck and it is a movement in the industry.
In 2018, I would have said Python, but the truth is that with NodeJS and the Various frontend and backend frameworks, JavaScript has dwarfed most of the other languages, because unlike the other languages, you can be a full-stack developer (frontend and backend) with only JavaScript. And with React-Native around, you can also develop Mobile apps for iOS and Android with JavaScript only.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2019
Depends on ur area of interest really... Just do your research.
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by T4kbaba(m): 11:38am On Oct 02, 2019
Hello world. grin

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Nobody: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2019
mildteddy:
Start with JavaScript

OP your answer is here. Then move on to ES6.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by TheAngry1: 11:38am On Oct 02, 2019
Start with Python.
If you have a reliable internet connection, you can learn the complete course for free online.
Visit Coursera.

Thank me later.

4 Likes 1 Share

cool
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by ibkayee(f): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2019
Python is probably the easiest for beginners

Html and CSS aren't really 'programming' languages

4 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by yungsmart(m): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2019
Start by being a front end developer by learning:
HTML--CSS--JAVASCRIPT

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by ryusufu(m): 11:39am On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:

Go for JavaScript, but you need to start with hrml and css
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Nobody: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2019
Thread for me
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by OnpointUpdate: 11:39am On Oct 02, 2019
HTML
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by meccuno: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2019
MASTERCHIEF0847:

Very Correct.

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 02, 2019
Javascript.

But most people prefer Python

BUT I THINK YOUR PURPOSE FOR PROGRAMMING SHOULD GUIDE YOU.
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2019
Am also intereested in learning programming, website development,design. But I have one question is it compulsory that i attend computer school or i should just learn it online?

3 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by pseudonomer: 11:41am On Oct 02, 2019
If you really want to be good. Start with C, this way, you would understand many concepts of programming and computer architecture.

Start with C

4 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by paddyofboss(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2019
HTML5, CSS, Javascript, Python, php.....

3 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Timileyin1234(m): 11:42am On Oct 02, 2019
Html-CSS-JavaScript-Jquery-Php
If u don’t have html & Css knowledge. U won’t understand JavaScript. Don’t go for JavaScript first.
If u don’t understand JavaScript u can just learn Jquery, it is a JavaScript library
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Nobody: 11:42am On Oct 02, 2019
TheAngry1:
Start with Python.
If you have a reliable internet connection, you can learn the complete course for free online.
Visit Coursera.

Thank me later.
Please sir is it compulsory i attend a computer school in order for me to learn it , and is learning it online possible ?
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Abiolagbode: 11:43am On Oct 02, 2019
I will advice you start with Java, with Java you can do everything.

2 Likes

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by toffyz(m): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2019
BASIC>VB>C#
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by electroTech: 11:43am On Oct 02, 2019
PHP: one of the easiest programming language for beginners.

Python is the easiest but if you start with python, you may begin to have problems with alien concepts in most programing languages like curly braces, semi colon, etc, if at all you wish to switch to another language in future

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Soso990240(m): 11:43am On Oct 02, 2019
HTML first.
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Daviddson(m): 11:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Java. Download Harvey Deitel's "JAVA HOW TO PROGRAM" and you're good to go. I've never come across a more easy-to-use and comprehensive Java book than that.

9 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? / I Doubt If You All Know The Name Of Some Of The Keys On An English Keyboard! / How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.