Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,468 members, 7,808,677 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:16 PM

Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? - Programming (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? (23099 Views)

For Every Beginner Who Asked - Which Language Should I Start With? Watch This / What Back End Language Should I Learn In 2020 ? / What Programming Language Should START With? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by bedfordng(m): 5:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
Fedxwan:

I heard this python is very difficult o
Bro are you good with it
it has easy sintax and if you put your mind to it, you can create something in no time.

although I am not a programmer but with python, a new born baby can create an app.
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by uzoma213(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
Cousin9999:

Why do you want to be a hacker?
companies would pay me a good sum of money to keep their firewall strengthened.. and maybe for my personal gain too
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by uzoma213(m): 5:31pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ttrrffyyghuuh:

as a hacker, i don't think you should be too worried about languages, i believe you'd use a lot of python too, but i know you'd have to learn a lot about linux and its different distros and you'll also also have to learn about networking, (hackers are gurus in networking and operating systems)
so there is a lot of theory involved
too complex, thanks
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by uzoma213(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
chukzyfcbb:

O boy you go learn every programming language that's popular if you want to be a bad ass hacker, lol

Add networking knowledge CCNA Hcna etc
Add system admin knowledge Mcsa Mcse shii
Add Linux knowledge
Add Kali Linux
Learn Bash / powershell scripting

O boy you don die oh lool
Choi, thanks tho
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by uzoma213(m): 5:33pm On Oct 02, 2019
ARROBA:

You star with sql injection...there ate few YouTube videos on how to do it
alright, thanks
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
bedfordng:
like someone has mentioned , you can learn python which you can use to create both web and desktop app. at least the syntax is not as complex as other programming language.

there are lots of full video tutorial courses on python and other programming language which you can use to self teach yourself at home.

I have lots of video courses which is made by top authors.

for those in who reside in Lagos, you can come to my office to get them in packs or if you are based outside, we can arrange for me to send it to your location by storing in flash drive. that is how I do send to others outside Lagos.
deskstop app like games right?
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by IamCharles123: 6:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
For someone who wants to go into app and system development, is Java the right language to learn?
Yes java is
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by IamCharles123: 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
Ya, for game u can use java even javascript n htlm 5 will make some cool games, u can also use app like unity game engine for desktop n android games
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by IamCharles123: 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
hmm i'm confused,but alot of people say's that with python you can do everything even web development and design
Web development has what we call frontend and back end, javascript is the only frontend web development language i know, u can't build a website without javascript unless u are using wordpress.
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
IamCharles123:

Web development has what we call frontend and back end, javascript is the only frontend web development language i know, u can't build a website without javascript unless u are using wordpress.
thanks
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by IamCharles123: 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
can you please briefly explain what data science is?
Its simply to analyze datas using python programming language. U can google to know more
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 6:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
IamCharles123:

Its simply to analyze datas using python programming language. U can google to know more
thanks
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by IamCharles123: 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
Godfullsam:
Between lynda and udemy which platform is the best for online tutorials/learning
Udemy, i look out for their free course n apply, also utube is full of videos
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Cousin9999: 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2019
uzoma213:
companies would pay me a good sum of money to keep their firewall strengthened.. and maybe for my personal gain too

So you want to be a Yahoo boy? Wrong answer. And based on your answer, you wouldn't be a good hacker anyway.
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Cousin9999: 6:22pm On Oct 02, 2019
Godfullsam:
Between lynda and udemy which platform is the best for online tutorials/learning

Neither. Read books. Those websites and YouTube are not how you learn. You need to immerse yourself in it, and that takes years of reading. It also takes a lot of lines of code. Even when you've mastered many things, you'll still spend your career wrestling with code.

Focus on understanding it theoretically before you do any coding. Also, if you don't like math, you need to learn to love it. Any coder that claims math isn't important probably sucks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by hmmm222: 6:29pm On Oct 02, 2019
scave:

I have a 10gig video and documents made by udemi on full stack web development. If you are in Lagos and you are interested we can meet so that can transfer it to you chat me on whatsapp at zero 8 one 3 five 3 two 70 eight 7

Following this step created by Udemy is really the best way to be a web developer indeed. It start from the foundation to the top.

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
IamCharles123:

can python language used to develop a website both frontend and backend without involving any other language?
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by easyzworld: 6:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
AI007:
Depends on what you want to do....if you are hoping to dive into fields like data science, machine leaning and a little of A.I, you go with python as a starting,
If android development start with Java then move to kotlin
If web development, (though not programming languages) start with HTML and CSS for your frontends, then for backends either JavaScript, php (a little obsolete) or Java. But I recommend Java cause its the most versatile language and you could switch to any field with its knowledge

If for game development go with c#/c++

A little advice don't rely much on tutorial videos or tutors, get materials online like PDFs and study

Goodluck in the field!

How can I source for this online material?
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Icecream4U(m): 6:59pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:

please can it be used to develop website like Nairaland?
Yes. Infact, Nairaland is built with python, that's why anything snake makes it to front page! Lolz.
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 7:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
Icecream4U:
Yes. Infact, Nairaland is built with python, that's why anything snake makes it to front page! Lolz.
lolz but can python used to develop both front end and back end of a website?
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Opexzy: 7:07pm On Oct 02, 2019
Fedxwan:

I heard this python is very difficult o
Bro are you good with it

You will make a great mistake if you are learning python as a beginner... Python is a prototyped language and it's very powerful... But learning it as a newbie in programming is not a good idea... You will find it difficult to understand some basic knowledge of programming especially when you get to OOP.

Java, c++, or c#... Is a very good place to start..

Don't start with any loosely typed programming language... Like (php, python, JavaScript etc).. That is desist from interpreted languages as a beginner...

My opinion...
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by bedfordng(m): 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
you can create any if you know how to use most of the modules available for what you want to do
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Ajibade123(m): 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2019
Op I will like you to learn C first if you can get it no other language will be hard for you

see business softwares and tools you need and reasons you should have them
https://explicitsuccess.com/business-tools-software/
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Opexzy: 7:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
DTC2:
Start with Php, it easier

I don't know why people say Python is easy

Leave them alone... I don't blame them... It depends on what they want to achieve with it... It is a versatile programming language and i like it for that... Python is a language with immense number of framework and library for almost everything... That is the reason while some of then think it is simple...

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by sofiscatedmoron: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
TheManOfTheYear:
Oga stop making it look scary.
he is not far from thr truth
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by sofiscatedmoron: 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
bedfordng:
it has easy sintax and if you put your mind to it, you can create something in no time.

although I am not a programmer but with python, a new born baby can create an app.
not as easy as u think bro, python can be complicated when u start it, even though the syntax are close to English,
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by WisdomHunter(m): 8:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
mildteddy:
Start with JavaScript

You might start and end your whole career using only JavaScript. It is relatively easy to learn, you can easily get support online (StackOverflow) when you're stuck and it is a movement in the industry.
In 2018, I would have said Python, but the truth is that with NodeJS and the Various frontend and backend frameworks, JavaScript has dwarfed most of the other languages, because unlike the other languages, you can be a full-stack developer (frontend and backend) with only JavaScript. And with React-Native around, you can also develop Mobile apps for iOS and Android with JavaScript only.

Please Can a person with no idea on what problem mean just that he/she has passion for it lean programming?
And how can he start?
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by IamCharles123: 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
can python language used to develop a website both frontend and backend without involving any other language?
Using python to build a website frontend and backend will be very difficult, maybe almost impossible, but there are some framework available which will help u build a website with python. But in all if u want to build a website just learn javascript n php. U may go on to learn python, no knowledge is unless.
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by Ayomideen(m): 8:58pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
but can a mobile phone or laptop be use to programme?
A laptop can be used to,but I don't think a phone can,I'm not sure though
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 9:00pm On Oct 02, 2019
IamCharles123:

Using python to build a website frontend and backend will be very difficult, maybe almost impossible, but there are some framework available which will help u build a website with python. But in all if u want to build a website just learn javascript n php. U may go on to learn python, no knowledge is unless.
thank u very much,now av come to a conclusion of what i needed.THANKS
Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by udoekere: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ayomideen:

A laptop can be used to,but I don't think a phone can,I'm not sure though
thanks

1 Like

Re: Which Programming Language Should A Beginner Start With? by IamCharles123: 9:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
udoekere:
thank u very much,now av come to a conclusion of what i needed.THANKS
U are welcome

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

What Are The Differences Between Programming And Coding? / I Doubt If You All Know The Name Of Some Of The Keys On An English Keyboard! / How Much Do You Earn As A Developer Per Month?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.