Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,988 members, 7,956,690 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 04:56 PM

80 T0 85% Of Catfish Fingerlings Will Break Your Heart (never Rear Them). - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 80 T0 85% Of Catfish Fingerlings Will Break Your Heart (never Rear Them). (726 Views)

Intensive Mass Production Of Catfish/Tilapia Seed / My Pet Project: Is It Economically Feasible To Rear Local Chickens Commercially? / Corpers Cultivate Groundnuts, Rear Livestock In Sokoto (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

80 T0 85% Of Catfish Fingerlings Will Break Your Heart (never Rear Them). by LikeAking: 4:22am On Oct 02, 2019
I know must cat fish farmers are not actually making money and that's the reason why i have taken out my time to pen this out.
The only reason why a farmer wont make good profit is when they breed the wrong fingerlings stock. To be very honest this the mistake must catfish farmers make.

The honest truth is 80 to 90% of every catfish fingerlings batch will not do well, so you have to sort them out(DON"T REAR THEM). If your really want to make profit rare only the shooters, they account of 10 to 15% of the fingerlings. Remember only rare the shooters/fast growers.

I know this might strange to must people, judging by the fact that shooter and fast growers a usually very few but, many are called but few are chosen So, stock only the chosen few from every batch and make profit. If you do otherwise it will result to loses.

To get lots of the "chosen fingerlings" you have to hatch more than one female/male to get the number of fingerlings you want. For eg. you have to hatch 5x, 10x, 20x etc/hatch with many females/males. I know this might be quite expensive and time consuming but its a necessary sacrifice to make.

Let me add this little explanation for clarity. Lets assume that 3 weeks after successfully hatching you end up with 2,000 fingerlings, a closer examination will reveal that they are not of equal sizes (man pass man, it happens even in the fish kingdom). some are bigger than the others, some are 2x,3x,5x bigger than the others, yet they where all hatched the same day. So, what will you do? Rare everything or rare only the "chosen fingerlings"(fast growers/shooters)?. The best solution to this problem is quite simple, rare only the fast growers(the biggest ones), avoid the small ones. The small ones should be used to prepare fish feed for the big ones after when they a month or 2 months old.

Stocking your ponds with only fast growers means your fishes will grow big under a short period, whatever amount you invest in them will not be a loss. You will make profit. When you feed them you will see a great result.

Don't forget to feed your fishes with stuffs like fresh meat(animal intestines, etc), fresh/lightly smoked fish, etc it will enable them grow well, don"t focus on only processed feeds. You can also feed them with chicken intestine/organs, fish intestine/organs/scales, or that of any other animal, with the exception of human beings. Eggs and egg shells are also great. (Don"t forget you can use internal and external waste of fishes and animals people throw away). Dead animals(they should be fresh. dead chickens, turkeys, goats etc) are a great option too. Also grind dried crayfish/fish, feed your juveniles with them you will get great results(very good).*****RAW PROTEIN*****.

THE WRITER HAS MORE THAN 15 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE IN FISH FARMING.
he is great @ cat fish hatching,feed formulation,fish treatment, disease prevention and farm management.

If you are looking for customers to buy your fish, i have an army of them. (i can be helpful).

phone: 08039410786

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 80 T0 85% Of Catfish Fingerlings Will Break Your Heart (never Rear Them). by healthserve(m): 7:05am On Oct 02, 2019
Nice

1 Like

Re: 80 T0 85% Of Catfish Fingerlings Will Break Your Heart (never Rear Them). by tupix(m): 10:22pm On Nov 13, 2019
You too much

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Which Market In Kano,i Can Sell Palm Oil. / Oats 25kg Bags Available In Large Quantity For Sell / Bean Peeler Innovation

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.