Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,132 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave (6748 Views)

Sacked Today For Being 'too Introverted', Unfair? / ... Was Sacked For Not Dancing To 'shake Body'... Now An Employer Of Labour / Career Women, I Need Your Help Pls (Maternity Leave) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave by yemmight(m): 11:47am On Mar 22, 2012
Termination could be made between either party with or without notice period as agreed in the contract of employment. Some chunk of money will be paid in lieu. But as some did not realize here, you cannot win employer in the law court on her termination, but you can win if her entitlements are not paid. There must be a reason why she was asked to go and most time, employers do not tell.
Re: Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave by quart: 7:56pm On Mar 25, 2012
My dear lawyers, in my case the employer terminated my employment and promised to pay me but almost 4 years on they have not paid.I mailed the HR manager in 2009, he promised to get back but he did not. What do i do?
Re: Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave by uche13: 6:29pm On Mar 26, 2012
@Quart, get a lawyer and sue the company. Thankfully, we now have an improved National Industrial Court which specializes in labour matters and they are seriously looking for cases to undertake.
Re: Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave by quart: 2:46pm On Mar 27, 2012
@Uche, My problem is the legal fee. I need a lawyer who I can afford the fee. Should we win the case I do not mind sharing.I know that I can also file at the NIC but I can't cross examine myself. I also do not know how to fill that file case form on their website cos am not a lawyer. Could you connect to some God fearing lawyers?
Re: Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave by uche13: 6:01pm On Mar 27, 2012
I can recommend some of my young lawyer friends to you who now have their own practice. What you can agree on the lawyer after explaining your plight to him is that his fees would be contingent upon your entitlements being paid. You would pay the necessary filing fees and cost of litigation which i believe is not on the high side. Thereafter, once you are paid your entitlements, a certain percentage would go to him as his professional fees.

1 Like

Re: Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave by quart: 12:53pm On Mar 29, 2012
@Uche, I am very interested. My mail address is dankaralio@yahoo.com. Thanks alot.
Re: Sacked After Resumption From Maternity Leave by uche13: 6:23pm On Mar 29, 2012
@Quart, I have sent you a mail.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Meet The Youngest Soldier In The Nigerian Army / Ibadan Bolt/taxify Driver’s, Share Experiences And Advice. / Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.