Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,879 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? (6763 Views)

After MSc: Ivy League MBA Or PhD In Nigeria? / Assistance On What To Expect After Passing Kpmg Nigeria Aptitude Test / Tips On Kpmg Nigeria Interviewing Process, Anyone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 2:09pm On Oct 12, 2009
I recently had a discussion with a friend about KPMG nigeria. According to my friend they only accept foreign grads from IVY league universities and top mba schools. In addition they only accept Nigerian grads with first class ( this is more believable). KPMG recruited at my B-school , which is neither Ivy league or a top 20 MBA school. Why is the nigierian office so elitist?? Not that I am that concerned, not applying to KPMG just wondering if this is the new direction for companies in Nigeria ( if so very sorry state of affairs)

For the Ivy leaguers out there please no bashing I respect an Ivy league degree as any one would, but I dont think it should be a barrier to entry ( wall street jobs probably being the exception and anomally)

Just wanted to clarify this as I like to stay informed on the requirements of the Nigerian Job market
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 2:43pm On Oct 12, 2009
Even KPMG UK is not this stringent with their entry requirements now, i wont believe the story if i were u, if u r keen on applying, try and get in touch with the company directly
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 3:06pm On Oct 12, 2009
Thanks , i am not keen on applying at this time , not even on my list of future firms. Just wanted to clarify this information. KPMG in the US is not this stringent either . I mean as an Ivy league grad you get a higher position and salary offer , but that is universal.
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2009
no problem, just remember 2 pay my consultation fee, invoice attached with this post, grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by aieromon(m): 7:29am On Oct 13, 2009
Gets your facts right.
KPMG NG accepts graduates with a minimum of 2nd Class Upper in any discipline.Graduate must be less than 25years or 26years with at least a year of work experience.
Only problem is that the recruitment process is long and windy with loopholes
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by seunallday: 9:08am On Oct 13, 2009
church!!!,

i have friends, lag boys and ife boys that work at kpmg, 2.1 boys so no discrimination if u got the goods.
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 2:02pm On Oct 13, 2009
@aiero

Gets your facts right.

Just wanted to clarify this as I like to stay informed on the requirements of the Nigerian Job market

I thot i made it explicit

grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Goldmann(m): 12:03am On Oct 14, 2009
This is untrue stuff pal, While KPMG Nigeria seeks to recruit the best, they are wise enough to realize that being the 'best' is not simply a function of what school you attended, Ive got colleagues from Leicester University and Manchester Business School, Im pretty certain if the U.K had an Ivy league these schools wouldn't exactly be members.

On the homefront, the First Class thing is a blatant lie, How do I know? Cos Im looking at my transcript now and I do not see first class anywhere even though I work at KPMG,

YES! There are a large no. of 1st Class grads but hey!, with the right attitude,drive, determination and ambition a graduate with a 2.1 can significantly outperform a first class grad, At the end of the day, it boils down to a lot more than ur grades,,,KPMG realizes this and implements this into their recruitmrnt process.
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 3:26pm On Oct 14, 2009
Thanks Goldmann , from the horses mouth . My friend blatantly told me that KPMG will not take me cos they only hire the best of the best. I'm like with an MBA and 3.98/4.0 i will not qualify , ok understandable if i dont have the right stuff . But not cos they only take 1st class from Ife and UI and Ivy league from abroad.

You know some people just like to pour sand for your garri, and the funniest thing is that i am not even applying to jobs back home just asked an innocent question.

Again thanks all
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 3:33pm On Oct 14, 2009
Pittbaby:

Thanks Goldmann , from the horses mouth . My friend blatantly told me that KPMG will not take me cos they only hire the best of the best. I'm like with an MBA and 3.98/4.0 i will not qualify , ok understandable if i dont have the right stuff . But not cos they only take 1st class from Ife and UI and Ivy league from abroad.

You know some people just like to pour sand for your garri, and the funniest thing is that i am not even applying to jobs back home just asked an innocent question.

Again thanks all
pittibaby
u have an outstanding invoice 4 consultation work done by Debest PLC, pls pay b4 i send debt collectors after u grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 3:51pm On Oct 14, 2009
I have not received your invoice, please note that i do not accept paper invoices only EDI and web forms grin grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 3:57pm On Oct 14, 2009
Pittbaby:

I have not received your invoice, please note that i do not accept paper invoices only EDI and web forms grin grin
How come, it must be missing in transit, the last address i had for u was
265 Church Street, Suite 901
New Haven, CT 06511, USA
is this still valid? in any case my fee is $10,000 exc VAT cash preferred, grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Labelle(f): 7:20pm On Oct 14, 2009
Pittbaby:

Again thanks all

Amazing retorts from said friend, bad belle at its utter best.
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 7:27pm On Oct 14, 2009
@ debest

$10,000, it is cos of people like you that we are in a recession. overinflated prices

@labelle

I use the term friend very loosely
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 11:25am On Oct 15, 2009
Pittbaby:

@ debest

$10,000, it is cos of people like you that we are in a recession. overinflated prices

because i asked the going rate for top notch consultation, ok o, its because of ppl like you that consultancies like us fold up, u like it cheap yet quality, God dey, grin grin grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 7:26pm On Oct 15, 2009
so you billing rate is $2,000 per min. (2000 X 5) , good luck in that venture. the highest i have heard for none partner level work is $150 per hour
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by phuckNL: 9:36pm On Oct 15, 2009
You lot need to stop using IVY league loosely. There are 8 IVY league schools. If your school is not listed, ur not. Too many people tend to equate a good school as being IVY league. There are only 8 permanent members :

1.Princeton
2. Yale
3. Brown university
4. Harvard
5. Cornell
6. Columbia
7. University of pennsylvania
8. Dartmouth college.

unless all kpmg employees went to either of the schools listed, they don't restrict hiring to IVY league.

1 Like

Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 9:17am On Oct 16, 2009
Pittbaby:

so you billing rate is $2,000 per min. (2000 X 5) , good luck in that venture. the highest i have heard for none partner level work is $150 per hour
I have adviced my solicitors to start proceedeings against you for non-payment of my consultation fees, you have 7 mins to pay up or lose your BMW, grin grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 2:00pm On Oct 16, 2009
You lot need to stop using IVY league loosely. There are 8 IVY league schools. If your school is not listed, your not. Too many people tend to equate a good school as being IVY league. There are only 8 permanent members :

1.Princeton
2. Yale
3. Brown university
4. Harvard
5. Cornell
6. Columbia
7. University of pennsylvania
8. Dartmouth college.

unless all kpmg employees went to either of the schools listed, they don't restrict hiring to IVY league.

hey who misdefined Ivy league here !!! I am not sure what point you are making!!! or are u just trying to let us know say you know wetin Ivy league be grin grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 2:02pm On Oct 16, 2009
I have adviced my solicitors to start proceedeings against you for non-payment of my consultation fees, you have 7 mins to pay up or lose your BMW,

BMW nke , you better not waste your money to get my lil Honda. If na my car you want pls come and get it , I walk to work everyday anyway

"Go Green"
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 2:10pm On Oct 16, 2009
Pittbaby:

BMW nke , you better not waste your money to get my lil Honda. If na my car you want pls come and get it , I walk to work everyday anyway

"Go Green"
Ha ha ha, well i guess I can always take the car, your November stipend and a Thanksgiving date as payment for my Top class service…, Now that’s and offer I expect you to snap my hands off for…
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 2:12pm On Oct 16, 2009
ha pele , my november stipend is booked towards my wedding and I can not date since I am engaged.
but thanks fpr asking very sweet grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 2:18pm On Oct 16, 2009
Pittbaby:

ha pele , my november stipend is booked towards my wedding and I can not date since I am engaged.
but thanks fpr asking very sweet grin

so u've used my money to fund your sedding abi? ok oooo, i hope you have arranged security for the wedding as well, just in case my debt collectors turn up grin grin

wishing u a happy married life in advance
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 3:33pm On Oct 16, 2009
security will be tight!!!
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 4:13pm On Oct 16, 2009
Pittbaby:

security will be tight!!!
grin
ok where is the wedding, date and time, i promise i wont misbehave, grin grin grin
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 5:11pm On Oct 16, 2009
LOL , yes O it is at

Ojuelegba bustop on february 30th 2010

, I am inviting the whole of nairaland you are all welcome
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by debest1(m): 1:35am On Oct 17, 2009
lol
Date noted in my diary, i like ojuelegba, at least na area boys instead of solicitors go collect my cash, lol
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by phuckNL: 6:32am On Oct 19, 2009
Pittbaby:

hey who misdefined Ivy league here !!! I am not sure what point you are making!!! or are u just trying to let us know say you know wetin Ivy league be grin grin

You stated that they restrict hiring to IVY league schools. How many of their employees graduated from the 8 schools listed.
I simply put an end to your claim that they restrict hiring to IVY league schools.
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by tkb417(m): 11:47am On Oct 19, 2009
@Poster
thats not very true

2;1 and in any recognised UNI will be fine.
That shld be enuff to get you for interviews
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by Pittbaby(f): 5:22pm On Oct 19, 2009
@ Phuck NL

maybe i failed to clarify

Ivy league for foreigh recruits and senor manager positions

First class- Naija grads for entry level.

I don't know the stats on KPMG nigeria staff , thats why i asked the question. but from the responses I have received so far 2.1 and a good foriegn degree is fair game.

Thanks,
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by babyfacetade: 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2013
Pls I need u guys help ooooo.I just got a mail frm KPMG.to come 4 test ........and I dnt hav 1st clas niethr frm dus school U̶̲̥̅̊ listed ooooo I grd frm ajayi crowther uni and had 2.1
Re: Kpmg Nigeria: Ivy League Only? by mikkyphp(m): 9:51am On Jan 15, 2013
@babyface No need to fear. just be confident. If you pass, you'll surely be shortlisted for interview stage! good luck.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Staff Barricade Judiciary Gate In Akwa Ibom Over Nonpayment (Pics) / How Can I Build Up A Good Advocacy And Public Speaking Skill? / Meet The Youngest Soldier In The Nigerian Army

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.