Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,688 members, 7,955,580 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:41 AM

Brazil 2019: My Players Are Not Good Enough – Manu Garba - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Brazil 2019: My Players Are Not Good Enough – Manu Garba (503 Views)

I’m Proud Of My Players — Gernot Rohr / Iceland Players Are Allowed To Have Sex Ahead Of Their Match Against Nigeria / Arsene Wenger: My Players Confidence Is Shattered Ahead Of Acmilan Tie (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazil 2019: My Players Are Not Good Enough – Manu Garba by Jidefido(m): 5:57am On Oct 02, 2019
Golden Eaglets coach, Manu Garba has passed a scathing assessment on the current crop of players under his tutelage.

According to him, the players he has at the moment cannot deliver for the country at the upcoming U-17 World Cup in Brazil.

He said that the UEFA/CAF tournament was a perfect ground to test the players and the three games the team played gave the technical crew to see some errors in the team.

Furthermore, he said that the loss against Senegal was avoidable having led 2-1 in the first half, before crumbling 2-4 to the same team at the end of 90mins.

He added that Senegal that defeated Nigeria had 8 players that featured at the football event of the 12th African Games in Rabat, Morocco and the same team travelled to France for another tournament before playing at the UEFA/CAF tournament in Turkey.

“The Senegalese prepared better than any other team. They had 8 players that played in the All Africa Games and they are in France for another competition before coming to Turkey.

“We were not supposed to lose the game to them but for the errors we noticed in the team.

“We went to Turkey to assess all the players that went there and to be candid those players cannot give us the desired results in the World Cup.

“Before we left, we have identified some players who if they pass the MRI tests will add value to the team.

Manu informed that the team will continue preparation with the training tour in Brazil with 30 players and everything working out fine,

The team will leave Nigeria on October 8 and will be training in Sao Paulo before making decision on the final 21 players that will represent Nigeria at the 2019 Brazil FIFA Under 17 World Cup.

https://thesportsbay.com/31533-my-players-are-not-good-manu-garba.html
Re: Brazil 2019: My Players Are Not Good Enough – Manu Garba by eTECTIV: 6:14am On Oct 02, 2019
Which kind of useless coaching assessment is dis? U selected d boys, U have watched dem play and U admit u saw errors in their game. As a coach shldnt u b working towards correcting d errors in their game? He's even hoping some of dem pass d MRI test becos he obviously knows dey are all overaged becos if dey were well without d age limit why worry about d MRI? D same way he won d U-17 world cup in 2013 with a bunch of ancestors majority of whom disappeared into oblivion afta d tournament.
Re: Brazil 2019: My Players Are Not Good Enough – Manu Garba by oloriooko(m): 6:21am On Oct 02, 2019
So who do we hold responsible?
If you go to Brazil and mess up you should be sacked! Maybe Manu has platooned as a coach
Re: Brazil 2019: My Players Are Not Good Enough – Manu Garba by Blessed13(m): 6:29am On Oct 02, 2019
So would should be blamed now Mtcheewwww .. Useless coach giving useless excuses even before the tournament
and I still don't understand what he means by if they pass MRI test

Re: Brazil 2019: My Players Are Not Good Enough – Manu Garba by KEZDON(m): 7:21am On Oct 02, 2019
This MRI scan has proven to be a bone in the neck for our junior National team coaches/managers as they can no longer compete with our usually over aged Players... the coach is simply telling us to get ready for the team's abysmal performance that's all.
Re: Brazil 2019: My Players Are Not Good Enough – Manu Garba by 2NDLieutenant(m): 9:22am On Oct 02, 2019
then they should organize an open trials before they leave

(1) (Reply)

Watch The Moment NTA Commentator Said "Super Eagles 2 - Nigeria 1" / Three World Champions From Nigeria In 2019 / Odion Ighalo 'banned From Man United Training Base' Over Coronavirus Fears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.