Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,895 members, 7,817,635 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

What Went Wrong - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Went Wrong (179 Views)

See Reno Omokri Tweet About Peter Obi One Year Ago. What Went Wrong? / Can You Spot What Went Wrong At The INEC Briefs With International Observers? / Defection: All Juicy Appointments Went To Katsina, Lagos, Says Saraki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Went Wrong by udena47(m): 7:19am On Oct 02, 2019
#WHAT #WENT #WRONG?
Here we are celebrating another year of independence in this country with no sign or even an element of what independence is all about. I thought that as years keep rolling by on our independence as a nation, things ought to be changing positively, but no it's not, rather what we have been experiencing is the opposite of what independence is all about. Why?
The question is what went wrong?
Is this how the journey of our independence began? I'm sure you know it's not.
From the scriptures, we understand that ...from the beginning it was not so... Matt 19:6.
If it was not so from the beginning, then it implies that something must have been responsible for it.
So what then is the cause? What is that thing responsible for our retardation as a nation? Why have we been declining from independence to bondage (that is what the situation of the nation has put the people into)?

I will not want to bore you with the epistles of questions in my mind, but think about it why is it that as a nation, we cannot boast of and make a prove of our independence for fifty nine (59) years?
We blame this and that, condemning the leadership at different levels for underdevelopment, poor economy and governance, insecurity, and epileptic power supply, yeah they deserve the criticism and condemnation they got, but are they the real problem in the real sense, though they are the main magnifier of the problems?

Who then is/are the cause?
Our leaders have succeeded in messing up our national treasury account, they have impoverish many citizens, cut short lives of innocent citizen for their selfish ambition, and rendered our graduates and educational sector useless and invalid. Not because they have the power, knowledge, and connection. Not even because they have the means, *but because we gave them all things cheaply and foolishly without considering #who they are, #why behind their quest, and our #future as #individuals_ and as a #nation*
Forgive me if I'm sounding disrespectful, but check it, if we had taken our time to consider the future and the who of these tyrants and selfish people who called themselves leaders, we would have made meaningful progress long before now.
We have so empowered them to the point that we are now powerless and voiceless. Our opinions and requests have no meaning to them. They even tell us that we are unwise and lazy. Is it their fault? Of course no! They are very correct.
When you consent to injustice all because you know it will put something in your account. You can vouch for any cause provided there would be a remuneration. Just because someone close to you (relative, friend, colleague) promised to be kind to you, you forfeited your tomorrow forgetting that your children will suffer for your foolishness. You are happy following a killer just because you are benefiting from his wickedness, you are similarly a killer and God will judge you.

We are the problem of Ourselves. You may not agree, but listen to this *you and I can change nothing until we change first.* I know you would say but this leaders are very wicked, *they are using us*. Good! Thank God you know they are using us, but why have we not refused to be used by them. Why are we still dancing to their tunes? Why are we still looking unto them as messiahs and as our deliverer? Let us wake up and stop being fools!
Please understand this, it is not the government that change things and bring development, it is us; the people that do that, because we have the power. It is high time we looked inward and discover that power inherent in us, because until then, we will never recover and we will never experience through #INDEPENDENCE.
Stop supporting what is wrong that has short time benefits because of what you are going through, it is but for a moment psm 30:5. The people you stand for to do wickedly are still the same people that will push you down. Why not let join our hands together, stand for the truth together, and fight for our freedom so that we can make this nation a better place.
*_What we see happening in America, France, Britain etc. can happen anywhere, but it takes only changed people to make it happen._* Our economy, education, government etc can change if and only if we are ready to make it change.
This is not the best we can do as a nation, there are yet more things to be done, let rise up and be the changed agent from our respective homes to our various offices, and shut down all these tyrants we have as leaders and deliver this Nation; Nigeria by the help of God.

#GOD #BLESS #THE #FEDERAL #REPUBLIC #OF #NIGERIA!!!
Re: What Went Wrong by donbachi(m): 7:36am On Oct 02, 2019
President buhari and nigeria should be thankful and grateful to christ embassy church,they are the only group or people that celebrates nigeria...as for me i dont have a single reason to...i even made sure the boxer i wore yesterday had no touch of green or white...nigeria is a failed state.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 59: It Is Not 'uhuru' Yet, Says Gbajabiamila / Why States Must Have More Powers – Osinbajo *adds: We Must Strengthen States Fo / Gombe Governor Moves To Address Youth Restiveness, Unemployment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.