Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,896 members, 7,814,027 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:50 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (2291 Views)

Why Do Men Lose Interest In Their Wives After Few Years In Marriage? / What Do Men Want? / Do Men Really Need Drug Just To Satisfy Their Wife Sexually? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 02, 2019

7 Likes

Re: . by healthserve(m): 7:24am On Oct 02, 2019
You'll be surprised its his ego that's the issue. Not that he doesn't appreciate your efforts or love you

2 Likes

Re: . by donbachi(m): 7:30am On Oct 02, 2019
Madam are u sure dat belt is not "calvin kelechi"...try check well again...lastly,u buy or not..na ur husband no be another man.did u buy him iphone 11 and he says no?

4 Likes

Re: . by Gloriagee(f): 8:19am On Oct 02, 2019
He's ungrateful and you know it. What's his own approach to giving gifts. The only thing I can think of is either he has a different love language or doesn't think your gifts have been sacrificial enough as per the monetary aspect. But theres always a nicer way to pass that across. Other than that I will suggest you continue gifting him your presence as a wife and eh his lovely children. cool

Modified to add: If he's actually a great hubby - u can gift him a gift voucher , let him make his choice. I think he has high taste cos I read bout his Italian shoes n suits for the wedding.

1 Like

Re: . by LordKO(m): 8:39am On Oct 02, 2019
Your husband is tactlessly ungrateful. Simple! His actions and inactions have nothing to do with him being a man or inherent unconformity.

12 Likes

Re: . by pocohantas(f): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2019
You are always complaining of this your husband.

Na human being abi spirit sef?

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:55am On Oct 02, 2019
Story makes no sense. Must be contrived for the klicks
Re: . by izzou(m): 10:38am On Oct 02, 2019
grin

Your username should be Excesscomplain, instead of excesslove

Stop using your husband as a yardstick to rate men.
Re: . by CAPSLOCKED: 12:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
Excesslove222:

And I don't blame my Nigerian sisters that get men "singlet and boxers".

EVEN THE SINGLETS AND BOXERS WE RECEIVE ARE MOSTLY CHEAP AND SUBSTANDARD.

LET THEM STOP BUYING US GIFTS, AND ALSO STOP EXPECTING ANYTHING.

angry

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:14pm On Oct 02, 2019
ornicus:

So you dated your husband, bought him a genuine Calvin Klein belt, married him , and had him decide to give it away all in the space of two months? Rather than spend on your wedding, you went broke buying your husband a belt? You see how foolish your story is? And now you claim you are wearing it? How? What women’s clothes do men’s belts go with??

Are you trying to compete with the Alfa wailers?

What's dis one saying? undecided

Op your husband is extremely ungrateful, I suggest you stop buying him gifts, use the money for something more important.

Men and their wahala

6 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 02, 2019
Ardar:

What's dis one saying? undecided

Op your husband is extremely ungrateful, I suggest you stop buying him gifts, use the money for something more important.

Men and their wahala

You are so slow that you cannot piece together a bullshit story?

Read what she wrote again SLOWLY. Maybe then you will comprehend. Or maybe you are the dummy the alfa males are looking for tongue
Re: . by Nekky5(f): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
Just leave the gifts for now and shower him with love, respect and patience. See him as the king of the home and see how he will adore you.

1 Like

Re: . by MedicH: 1:15pm On Oct 02, 2019
Excesslove222:
When I was dating my husband, I remember getting him an original Calvin Klein belt as a birthday gift, I had to empty my account then cause I was very broke.

I even remember asking him if he would love a belt,and he told me "yes" that I should get him a black one.

He pretended to appreciate it, only for him to tell me after we got married that he wants to dash it out to somebody, I asked him why and he said the belt does not look original.

This was just about 2 months after getting him the belt, he did not even wear it for one day!

I was so heart broken but I let it slide, I jejely collected my belt and I'm still wearing it till date, i promised myself never to get him a gift anymore.

I kept to that promise for about 2 years, every of his birthday, I just wish him a happy birthday with word of mouth and mind my business.

But this year, I felt I should do something special for him.
I decided to surprise him, i ordered a cake, fried turkey and invited a few neighbours just to make it special.

He was indeed surprised...only for him to tell me later that night that he does not like cakes (this is coming from someone that likes eating cakes) and does not like turkey (he also loves eating meat).

Well, I concluded to myself that this is the end of me trying to do something nice for him.

And I don't blame my Nigerian sisters that get men "singlet and boxers".

Wow he must be lucky. Maybe he has ego issues but that doesn't mean he doesn't like the gifts. I have only gotten 3 undersized white low quality singlets. I don't know if them swear for me.

1 Like

Re: . by olabrinks(f): 1:24pm On Oct 02, 2019
Trust me I have the same issue with my hubby.

I bought him an expensive perfume. Tom Ford black orchid or whatever, like 40k. it wasn’t even his birthday or anything. It was just a gift to surprise him spontaneously and he was so nonchalant about it, he was now asking me why I spent my money on it. He barely said thank you.

I think it’s just a Male thing, but it’s not right. His birthday is coming up this month and in my life I’m not even going to buy him a handkerchief. I can’t stand ungratefulness.

6 Likes

Re: . by Richy4(m): 5:32pm On Oct 02, 2019
That's just the difference between men and women. U managed to get him a belt, and he didn't like it. U took the belt back, got offended as if u have done the greatest thing since sliced bread ... (in your holy and righteous anger just bear in mind how he may have spent fire just to see that smiles on your face while u were courting )

If reverse was the case, he would have moved heaven on earth just to get u the right gift.. A man that likes a woman will always wants to make her happy. when the lady smiles, it strokes his ego that he can make her happy and that smile also lightened his world.. but when some ladies try it, they feel as if they were doing him a favour.. as if he was a charity case. embarassed

I believe in your kindergarten days u may have been told that when u failed to achieve something that was worth it, U try, and try some more until you get it right. Why didn't u use that ideology...U failed just once, u waited for 2 whole years to try again. is that fair?

Maybe you should sit down and genuinely try to know what he wanted. We are not difficult species to understand.. I haven't seen a complicated man before.. A lot of us are pretty straight forward... I am also happy that lots of u understands us too much.

The fact that he eats cake does not mean he likes all kinds of Cake. The flavour you got might not be his favourite. He might even be allergic to
It. Like me, I like cake but I can't stand chocolate cakes..

The fact that he eats meat does not mean that he eats every flesh that moves..

But I want to encourage you to keep the good work.. U will get it right grin

4 Likes

Re: . by Timbuktuo: 7:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
Just when you think you have the worst partner, you come cross some ridiculous nonsense that leaves you scratching your head
Re: . by yeyeosoronga: 8:21pm On Oct 02, 2019
Someone mentioned ego up there. What in heavens name has ego got to do with saying thank you for my present?
Has ego made people become mannerless or what?
Anyway, your husband lacks basic etiquette and manners. Manage him like that. He's your own

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
The title should be "What does my husband really want?", as it's not every man who behaves like an ingrate. Based on your other thread, his ingratitude and self-centredness didn't start today. I guess the belt and cake were too cheap for him. Had you dated before marriage you would've noticed these traits but you didn't, so manage am like that.

1 Like

Re: . by midnighter(f): 10:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
do you notice any difference between when you just say happy birthday vs. when you buy him stuff?

i guess he is annoyed with you about something and he is just using passive-aggressive means to get revenge on you and hurt your feelings. if you say he likes cake, how come when you get it for him its suddenly not good enough?
Re: . by midnighter(f): 11:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
MedicH:

Wow he must be lucky. Maybe he has ego issues but that doesn't mean he doesn't like the gifts. I have only gotten 3 undersized white low quality singlets. I don't know if them swear for me.

Lol. tell them to get you boxers next time and see if the situation improves cheesy
Re: . by midnighter(f): 11:12pm On Oct 02, 2019
Richy4:

The fact that he eats cake does not mean he likes all kinds of Cake. The flavour you got might not be his favourite. He might even be allergic to
It. Like me, I like cake but I can't stand chocolate cakes..

..are you serious? So because he doesnt like the flavour, he cant even thank her for her effort??

2 Likes

Re: . by Christmasdon(m): 11:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
your problem started the day you married him. he is an ingrate. oyinbo husband watch them thank you darling...and laugh over it.
kiss u on the forehead.
but here you are.

imagine the feelings seeing a man kneeling, proposing to a lady and people would like common girl accept it.
now we're are here telling your husband to accept it.

maybe your husband behaves childish.
Re: . by Richy4(m): 12:21am On Oct 03, 2019
midnighter:

..are you serious? So because he doesnt like the flavour, he cant even thank her for her effort??

I believed he thanked her. Just that OP was not happy because he didn't go all out dancing, screaming or even fainting about what she has done
Re: . by MedicH: 7:26am On Oct 03, 2019
yeyeosoronga:
Someone mentioned ego up there. What in heavens name has ego got to do with saying thank you for my present?
Has ego made people become mannerless or what?
Anyway, your husband lacks basic etiquette and manners. Manage him like that. He's your own

Do you even know the meaning of ego?
Re: . by ogawisdom(m): 8:36am On Oct 03, 2019
Get him an SUV not some cheap belt stingy broke wife grin

DNT mind him joor he is not into you at all that's why stop forcing yourself on him
Re: . by midnighter(f): 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
Richy4:

I believed he thanked her. Just that OP was not happy because he didn't go all out dancing, screaming or even fainting about what she has done

It didn't say in the whole OP where he thanked her, what does your belief have to do with it...

The guy is not behaving properly abeg... even you do you talk to anybody like this
Re: . by Raphsays: 4:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
The man must have been so grateful for what you gifted him. He just didn't express his gratitude in ur language or making a show out of it.
Don't stop expressing ur love to him by buying him gifts.
Re: . by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:06pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ungrateful bastard....

3 Likes

Re: . by addictiv(m): 3:03am On Oct 04, 2019
Maybe he is not used to receiving gifts. Doesn't mean he doesn't appreciate it. He just doesn't know how to receive gifts, feels he meant to be the one giving rather than his wife.

1 Like

Re: . by Nooneonline(m): 5:04am On Oct 04, 2019
Don't worry he loves u and appreciates all u have done for him. He just doesn't want you to know u re sweeping him off his feet with all ur effort. It's all part of a master plan to reassure himself that he has a 100% hold on u emotionally and perhaps in other aspects as well, and its making u confused. The game is working that's y u re here asking what he really wants. grin

Or I might be wrong. He could be a freakin dick head

1 Like

Re: . by 24kmagic: 9:55am On Oct 04, 2019
?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Direct UK Used Quality Sewing Machines / Thinking About Divorce?: Read This / Married Women Play The Field Harder As Prostitudes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.