Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

House Of Reps Member Awards Bursary To Over 400 Undergraduates In His Constituen - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / House Of Reps Member Awards Bursary To Over 400 Undergraduates In His Constituen (281 Views)

Osinbajo Gifts $300 Each To Over 400 APC Delegates In Adamawa, Taraba - SR / Missing Logo: PPC Calls For Cancellation Of Election Results In 8 Oyo Constituen / House Of Reps Member In Ekiti Defects To Apc,sends Letter To Gbajabiamila(photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

House Of Reps Member Awards Bursary To Over 400 Undergraduates In His Constituen by meethumb: 8:44am On Oct 02, 2019
Not fewer than 400 undergraduates in Bende Local Government Area of Abia State benefited from the Hon. Benjamin Okezie Kalu's bursary award.

Hon. Kalu, a member representing Bende Federal Constituency had today organised a bursary award for undergraduates in Bende through his foundation Benjamin Kalu Foundation, in a way to mark the Nigeria's 59th Independence Day celebration.

The event which took place today (1st October, 2019) at the Bende Community health centre had in attendance Professors and many undergraduates who participated and benefited in the bursary.

Speaking before giving out the award, Hon. Kalu who highlighted the importance of education urged the students to be studious with their academics.

He revealed that what drives him in supporting the educational part in the society is because education is power

"I made a decision long time ago that students are my constituency, by showing them love, encouraging them and to make them believe that there is future in what they are doing.

"I, through my foundation are looking forward to support and help the younger generation who will be able to make Bende proud in the future.

Kalu noted that the bursary will go beyond 400 students as he tagged today's event batch A.

Speaking further, Hon. Kalu said he understood that Education has formal and informal, noting this, he said "we will be empowering those artisans that can do better with their handiwork, like to fix computers and cell phone, "They will be trained by an American company for 6 months. After that, they will receive seed money from BKF to start their own.

This is not party event, this is community building event, it's beyond party affiliation. Gone are the days when people do empowerment by giving you Keke Napep, the empowerment that is important is for me to equip you to be ready for the future, Hon. Kalu said.

The event was graced by Professors and Traditional Rulers across Bende Federal Constituency.

Source: https://abacityblog.com/2019/10/02/photo-news-benjamin-kalu-fulfils-promise-award-bursary-to-over-400-undergraduates/

(1) (Reply)

Read Hon. Patrick Obahiagbon's 59th Independence Day Message To Nigerians / I Am Not In APC Nor Given An Appointment, Prof Moghalu To Femi Falana / Gimba Kumo Calls On Suspension Of Labour Industrial Strike, Insist On Negotiatio

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.