Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,897 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:42 PM

Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) - Science/Technology (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) (43561 Views)

South Carolina: Huge Alligator Chews On Six Foot Alligator (Pics, Video) / 16-Foot Crocodiles Feed On Their Young Ones In Botswana (Pictures) / Rare Dinosaur That Roamed Antarctica 110 Million Yrs Ago Found In Australia (Pix (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by bigiyaro(m): 10:45am On Oct 03, 2019
this is the passion n dedication, Nigerian don't have.
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by nograv: 10:47am On Oct 03, 2019
Conner44:

You wrote many things here in this your post but you made no single iota of sense at all.

How does what you wrote here correlate with what I posted earlier? Shebi you know that because you have a handset and can type letters doesn’t exempt you from being an illiterate and ignorant

Reread my post and try again..

If anyone here doesnt have a brain it is you.

If a black man invents something in the west, it isnt a black invention and that person in your simple mind isnt African?

Numskull..
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by victorazyvictor(m): 10:54am On Oct 03, 2019
OdenKelechi:

They bite before constricting. They have thousands of razor sharp backward facing teeths they use to hold on to prey while they constrict.. ya'll need _/ to watch natgeowild more often

Wow! Thanks for the info
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by ahiboilandgas: 11:04am On Oct 03, 2019
Conner44:

cc egorov

Did you read about the type of research they are working on in the op at all?

They are doing a pain test, meaning they are trying to ascertain the level of pain and discomfort a human can feel when bitten by different animals and insects species.

After the snake bites the rabbit or rat how will the rat now communicate with you a human being to tell you how painful the bite felt?

Not all experiments require an actual lab rat, some need human test subjects to be tested upon because specific feedback which an animal cannot provide is required.
rat feel pain too it can be done with a computer program ( study rat pain reaction to different pain have a.i bomb
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Conner44: 11:08am On Oct 03, 2019
nograv:

Reread my post and try again..

If anyone here doesnt have a brain it is you.

If a black man invents something in the west, it isnt a black invention and that person in your simple mind isnt African?

Numskull..

Oh okay, so you’re the insult+reply type grin

See you’ve now turned it into a white and black thing just because of skin color abi? Do you comprehend at all when you read? If you wanted to school me on anything you should be objective. The op was concerning research and you’re here speaking about inventions. [/b]Those are very different things buddy.

Okay answer me this one question

[b]Of all these inventors below, how many had to agree to knowingly take expected harm and pain on their body and person either psychological or physically ... deliberately ... just to get steady input to further the research for their final invention?

Dr. Shirley Jackson : caller ID, call waiting, and the fiber-optic cable

Lewis Latimer : Carbon Filament crucial to creating a functional lightbulb

Marie Van Brittan Brown : Created the world's first home security system. (CCTV) closed circuit television

Lonnie G. Johnson : Super Soaker Water Gun

Charles Drew : Developed the first blood banks

Elijah McCoy : Developer of oil lubricant systems for the rail industry. His products were so well regarded that people didnt want imitations. Hence the phrase "The Real McCoy"

Garrett Morgan : This one may surprise Nigerians. This man invented the Traffic Light and pioneered the Gas Mask.

Mary and Mildred Davidson : Sanitary Belt and Toilet Tissue holder.

You can use google in your answer and abeg don’t forget the insult at the beginning or end wink
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Ugosample(m): 11:09am On Oct 03, 2019
strangest:
Without their stupidity which is research, we will still be worshiping the sun, volcanoes and killing twins... .

Instead of us to appreciate the ones that developed the venom antidote, we are calling them stupid...

Kudos to the oyibos that led us to this day...

I heard electricity killed Faraday, imagine if had never pulled such stunt .... you wont be shouting up nepa upanddown

this post made my day
You nailed it

You see why black folks will remain bottom of the barrel?

because of the mentality exhibited by many here

Black man undecided
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Reference(m): 11:10am On Oct 03, 2019
Rotimi47:
Kai black man, Its like you neglected certain things before you made your comment but check out the below;

Do you know that YouTube will pay him for the number of views that he gets if he put his video on YouTube?

Do you know that Guinness book of record can verify his claim/video and pay him?

Do you know that geography stations can buy the exclusive right to that video and show it on their station?

Do you know that pharmaceutical companies can pay him to advertise their products?

Do also know that he can become a brand ambassador due to what he did?

He is becoming a celebrity by chance or accident or you think he is doing everything for free?

All the above is just to mention a few. grin

You watch too much television. The world is far bigger than shows and entertainment. Only a very small fraction of people and places and deeds ever get any sort of recognition. For every Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi there are hundreds of thoysands of capable footballers who wil never make the big screen and earn fame and fortune you so project. Will they kill themselves. They just love what they do and do it for the love of it.

Nigerians must begin to love things, love people, love the environment and nature not this dark, greed filled, pride puffed attitude we have that makes us the undesirables most places we go.

My friend it is not for money or fame the average scientist works but for the curiosity and the love of excellence. Please elevate your thinking. Not everything in life is for personal gain.

2 Likes

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Ugosample(m): 11:11am On Oct 03, 2019
falcon01:
Thank you brother ! the stupidity got us to where we are now.

it's a shame really
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Ugosample(m): 11:12am On Oct 03, 2019
Reference:

You watch too much television. The world is far bigger than shows and entertainment. Only a very small fraction of people and places and deeds ever get any sort of recognition. For every Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi there are hundreds of thoysands of capable footballers who wil never make the big screen and earn fame and fortune you so project. Will they kill themselves. They just love what they do and do it for the love of it.

Nigerians must begin to love things, love people, love the environment and nature not this dark, greed filled, pride puffed attitude we have that makes us the undesirables most places we go.

My friend it is not for money or fame the average scientist works but for the curiosity and the love of excellence. Please elevate your thinking. Not everything in life is for personal gain.

Stamped and sealed

Nothing to add anymore
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Conner44: 11:15am On Oct 03, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
rat feel pain too it can be done with a computer program ( study rat pain reaction to different pain have a.i bomb

You know a rat linked to a computer won’t give as accurate a result as a human, especially when it’s the researcher himself getting the raw output data for his ongoing work.

I think it’s basically down to choice between using a Human, computer or an animal

1 Like

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by coleini007: 11:18am On Oct 03, 2019
Hian

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Ugosample(m): 11:29am On Oct 03, 2019
zubydave:
The level of ignorance in this part of the world is alarming- even after reading the part where its stated that the whole exercise is solely for research purposes, some people still called them stupid. These set of people will still call themselves graduates and all sorts of sophisticated names. Some have written so called final year project papers and other research papers without even knowing what it actually means. FYI, most of the things you enjoy today; from your Android /IOS devices to the health care you get are all products of the sacrifices of some so called stupid people.
Peace

no mind them
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Progress62(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2019
Mutemenot:
shocked He should try Lion's bite in his next video .oyibo and stupidity be like twins
my oh my ordinary 6feet
me i allowed 12feet to bite me
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Okuda(m): 11:54am On Oct 03, 2019
last last na mosquitoes dey kill this kine person.
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Kumadami: 11:59am On Oct 03, 2019
Mutemenot:
shocked He should try Lion's bite in his next video .oyibo and stupidity be like twins
That is why they are better than your shit hole country and apc zombies
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by TempleHouse: 12:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
strangest:
Without their stupidity which is research, we will still be worshiping the sun, volcanoes and killing twins... .

Instead of us to appreciate the ones that developed the venom antidote, we are calling them stupid...

I heard electricity killed Faraday, imagine if had never pulled such stunt .... you wont be shouting up nepa upanddown
Most of the people with negative comments here are iliterate and never read the book about industrial revolution or history of the modern world.
God bless your observation and those researchers that makes the World a better place.
As for the ignorants , may they continue to wallop in their ignorance and hyphocratically pursuing their determination to travel abroad to see the wonders made by oyinbo stupidity.
They're absolute idiots who are happy to remain in their state of ignorance.

1 Like

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Sapeleboy911(m): 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2019
I feel like giving somebody hot slap, you see people making a research and you say they are STUPID? Sometimes I wonder if the white man and the black man were created by same GOD.

1 Like

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by egorov(m): 12:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
Bro it doesn't make sense to me. It's just a stvpid stunt. Bite force has always been measurable.
There's a research on how much pain an average human being can endure. Why pulling up all these for the cams likes and views. He can as well go and try and see how much bite of a lion he can endure. Or rather a very venomous snake.
Conner44:

cc egorov

Did you read about the type of research they are working on in the op at all?

They are doing a pain test, meaning they are trying to ascertain the level of pain and discomfort a human can feel when bitten by different animals and insects species.

After the snake bites the rabbit or rat how will the rat now communicate with you a human being to tell you how painful the bite felt?

Not all experiments require an actual lab rat, some need human test subjects to be tested upon because specific feedback which an animal cannot provide is required.
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Portgas(m): 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
strangest:

Respect!!

1 Like

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Rotimi47: 1:00pm On Oct 03, 2019
Reference:

You're every funny with your reasoning as it seems you are from a separate world or that you just read little and don't familiarise yourself with what happens around you.

Every scientist want his or her name to be written in history. ( Can you mention any scientist that did something incredible and requested that his or her name be blotted our so that people won't know who did it? )

Let me come to your level;

In reply to some of your mention;

What will the world look like If shows and entertainment are removed from the world because even the ancient ones do entertain themselves?

As per your mention of Christiano Ronaldo and Messi grin ( Its like you only think within the box not outside it) Every human want to be recognised for one thing or the other not to talk of footballers!

Do you know that football is an entertaining sport? Why is it that every footballer want to play in European football leagues? Why not play football in Afghanistan or Somalia if they so much love the game and not money and fame?

You need to upgrade your reasoning because you can see that they have cameras to video the scene and you are still arguing!

Finally let me ask you why would someone bring a camera to such a thing if he ain't trying to make a statement or looking for fame/money? undecided Abi him want take am decorate him house or office?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by nograv: 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2019
Conner44:

Oh okay, so you’re the insult+reply type grin

See you’ve now turned it into a white and black thing just because of skin color abi? Do you comprehend at all when you read? If you wanted to school me on anything you should be objective. The op was concerning research and you’re here speaking about inventions. [/b]Those are very different things buddy.

Okay answer me this one question

[b]Of all these inventors below, how many had to agree to knowingly take expected harm and pain on their body and person either psychological or physically ... deliberately ... just to get steady input to further the research for their final invention?

Marie Van Brittan Brown : Created the world's first home security system. (CCTV) closed circuit television

Elijah McCoy : Developer of oil lubricant systems for the rail industry. His products were so well regarded that people didnt want imitations. Hence the phrase "The Real McCoy"

Garrett Morgan : This one may surprise Nigerians. This man invented the Traffic Light and pioneered the Gas Mask.

You can use google in your answer and abeg don’t forget the insult at the beginning or end wink

As I said the only dumb person here is you.

You havent refuted that these inventors were black and you have implicitly accepted a black inventor in the west is still African. So that is some progress..

Now you want to measure scientific progress by some weird measure of whether pain was inflicted in the development of their innovation?

You truly are a numskull..

Garrett Morgan would probably be a good example. He invented hair straightening products that originally burned the scalp and his invention of an early gas mask involved exposing himself to smoke and noxious fumes.. grin

Now explain to me why having "to agree to knowingly take expected harm and pain on their body and person either psychological or physically ... deliberately ... just to get steady input to further the research for their final invention?" Is important? you self hating negro...

Even when given clear examples of black scientific excellence you down play it to extoll the virtues of white people in comparison. That sir the clearest example of SLAVE MENTALITY
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Conner44: 1:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
egorov:
Bro it doesn't make sense to me. It's just a stvpid stunt. Bite force has always been measurable.
There's a research on how much pain an average human being can endure. Why pulling up all these for the cams likes and views. He can as well go and try and see how much bite of a lion [/b]he can endure. Or rather a [b]very venomous snake.

The thing is bite force and pain are two entirely different topics in its own right scientifically speaking. Bite force measures pressure on skin and bone while pain has to do with the nervous system as related to the body.

Do you know a lion can bite you once and you will have a 90% change of surviving but a very venomous snake will have you dead within a couple of minutes the same 90% of the time?

That’s the reason this guy does what he do. And yep he has been bitten on many occasions by very very venomous snakes and scorpions and insects in this same research. His show was on NatGeo Wild a couple of years ago.

1 Like

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Nobody: 1:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
Khd95:
science of stupid grin grin

but waait oo...shey be pythons are constrictors not bitters cheesy grin

. How can they grip without biting?
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Conner44: 1:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
nograv:

As I said the only dumb person here is you.

You havent refuted that these inventors were black and you have implicitly accepted a black inventor in the west is still African. So that is some progress..

Now you want to measure scientific progress by some weird measure of whether pain was inflicted in the development of their innovation?

You truly are a numskull..

Garrett Morgan would probably be a good example. He invented hair straightening products that originally burned the scalp and his invention of an early gas mask involved exposing himself to smoke and noxious fumes.. grin

Now explain to me why having "to agree to knowingly take expected harm and pain on their body and person either psychological or physically ... deliberately ... just to get steady input to further the research for their final invention?" Is important? you self hating negro...

Even when given clear examples of black scientific excellence you down play it to extoll the virtues of white people in comparison. That sir the clearest example of SLAVE MENTALITY

So after he invented the hair straightening comb it then ‘originally burned the scalp? Was that what his invention was supposed to achieve? What of just straightening only the hair as initially intended? Just accept it was a mistake and he corrected it.

Burning your scalp isn’t supposed to be a feature of a hair straightening comb buddy. Isn’t it obvious You’re ignorant And have comprehension issues?

You’re just sinking, stop struggling on this issue we’re discussing. You’re just giving me an opportunity to make a fool of you.

And I’ll reject it angry I can’t stoop to your level to effectively make you look silly like I’m doing right now
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by nograv: 1:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
Conner44:

So after he invented the hair straightening comb it then ‘originally burned the scalp? Was that what his invention was supposed to achieve? What of just straightening only the hair as initially intended? Just accept it was a mistake and he corrected it.

Burning your scalp isn’t supposed to be a feature of a hair straightening comb buddy. Isn’t it obvious You’re ignorant And have comprehension issues?

You’re just sinking, stop struggling on this issue we’re discussing. You’re just giving me an opportunity to make a fool of you.

And I’ll reject it angry I can’t stoop to your level to effectively make you look silly like I’m doing right now

Listening to you talking rubbish, reminds me of those old uncles who pretended they knew everything and knew nothing.

In your case you remind me of the adage "Better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".

Sadly you have already done the latter and are too simple to realise it..

Are you even Black? As connor is a strange username for a Naija man or even an African for that matter. Perhaps you want to be an Oyibo so much you took on a Celtic username lol..

I will pray for you.... That god does not scatter your tiny brain any further..
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by OdenKelechi(m): 2:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
victorazyvictor:

Wow! Thanks for the info
You're welcome
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by strangest(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
ahiboilandgas:
there is safer ways,why not test using rabbit which is a mammal and see the same effect he an idoit

Every research has a unique methodology, theirs may involve getting information by interviewing the respondent, there is no way you expect a mouse to be a respondent in such a qualitative method
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by strangest(m): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
egorov:

What does he hope to achieve with this? Pythons are non venomous

you think you would have known that python are not venomous if someone has not taken out time to study it?
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by strangest(m): 3:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
nograv:

Nonsense, there have been great black inventors, except oyibo rarely tell you about them..

Be careful with your slave mentality and learn actual history.

A lot of great work was done by the BLACK race, without foolishness that you are attempting to say is science...

Black America na Oyibo nah
the topic wasnt actually about white or black... Oyibo in my context refers to people living in the countries, most Nigeria are dying to relocate to... You got it all wrong, its about Oyibo scientist...
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Waffarianman(m): 4:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
vastolord4:
One day whites will throw themselves at wild animals to feed them on live TV .. mark this day

They've done that already what about a guy that was swallowed by a big Python �. Just to proved and know how it's feel when snake swallow

1 Like

Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by nograv: 4:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
strangest:

Black America na Oyibo nah
the topic wasnt actually about white or black... Oyibo in my context refers to people living in the countries, most Nigeria are dying to relocate to... You got it all wrong, its about Oyibo scientist...

My brother I am part of the dispora. I assure you we are not considered Oyinbo and dont consider ourselves as such either.

Nigerians would be making huge advances scientifically if we chose and had better leaders.

But when you have someone like Buhari at the helm a man without vision, how can we progress.

The fact the these inventions were invented by black people shows we have the brains. We just need an environment to show that talent..

But putting ourselves down helps no one.. Especially the black race..
Re: Adam Thorn Allows Six-Foot Python Bite Him In Australia (Photos, Video) by Conner44: 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
nograv:

Listening to you talking rubbish, reminds me of those old uncles who pretended they knew everything and knew nothing.

In your case you remind me of the adage "Better to be thought a fool, than to speak and remove all doubt".

Sadly you have already done the latter and are too simple to realise it..

Are you even Black? As connor is a strange username for a Naija man or even an African for that matter. Perhaps you want to be an Oyibo so much you took on a Celtic username lol..

I will pray for you.... That god does not scatter your tiny brain any further..

grin haba, mr. ‘I am in the diaspora’ you have changed the topic of debate again. I can understand your insults because of listening to the truth but Why do you enjoy shifting goal post?

The thread is concerning a pain level research

someone said it was dumb

someone else pointed out how most folks who were afraid of taking dumb risks never achieved anything

The person said it’s sounded insulting and I answered that it was a bitter truth.

You accosted me with thrash concerning inventions

I replied you that research was different from inventions and that even if we used your example the inventors you referenced never had to receiving pain willing to get steady input for their final work

You spoke of how a man invented comb that sometimes straightened hair or burned the scalp and about the man inventing a gas mask.

I pointed out that what you are overlooking in your analogy in relation to the initial point of discussion was that the man had to burn scalp and inhale gas just because he had not yet perfected his work. His perfect work would never burn scalp or allow inhalation if gasses yes?

Now compare it to a man who takes pain again and again until maybe when his body breaks down too far to continue his work. Does his work have a point where he has to stop receiving pain or discomfort?

You say if you speak English for me and I hear you I will think you’re queen Elizabeth abi? cheesy

Later you now started looking at the way I spell my moniker and wondering if I’m black... only heaven knows why. telling us how if we see you we will think you look like oyibo? Lol. Remembering how your elderly folk used to talk to each other and tell stories which made you realize you come from a long lineage of fo*ls.

Is that why you’re attacking me? Why is the truth making you bitter? Just because I said that Black people involved in research never deliberately take harm to further their work?

nograv I no just understand your type of person at all at all I swear

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

See The Python Killed This Morning By My Neighbour / Man Attempts To Fly A Locally Made Helicopter (video) / Doctor Freeman Osonuga To Travel To Space

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.