Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,407 members, 7,954,614 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 01:16 AM

Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? (646 Views)

Do Not Buy Or Rent A House Or Landed Property Without Reading This Short Report / How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? / How Does A Conveyancer In Melbourne Help Acquire Property Without Any Hassle? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? by olaayo005: 5:35pm On Oct 02, 2019
Is it advisable to acquire a deceased person's property who died testate without admission to probate ?

I need advice to make a decision whether to buy this land or not. This parcel of land original belongs to a man who is now late, of which he prepared a "Will" to transfer this land and other properties in other locations he has to his children upon his death.
Now that Will has not been admitted to probate to make it legally valid. Though the children who are the beneficiaries of the Will have signed an affidavit showing that they agree with the contents of the Will. This particular land has been sold by these children to one other person, who now wants to sell to me.

There appears to be no issue from any of them now, but I fear the challenge of not being able to perfect the title documents of this land in my name, since no grant of probate was issued to validate this Will in a probate court.

Should I still acquire it or just let it pass ?
Re: Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? by b3llo(m): 6:02pm On Oct 02, 2019
The said property should be admitted in probate and Published in National Daily for atleast a year.
Re: Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? by olaayo005: 6:17pm On Oct 02, 2019
b3llo:
The said property should be admitted in probate and Published in National Daily for atleast a year.

but the children have sold some other properties in the will without probate. i guess they are trying to dodge paying the tax affiliated with the grant of probate .
Re: Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? by tioenconsults: 7:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
are there executors in the will, if yes what is their position ?
Re: Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? by b3llo(m): 7:03pm On Oct 02, 2019
olaayo005:

but the children have sold some other properties in the will without probate. i guess they are trying to dodge paying the tax affiliated with the grant of probate .
You can buy from them but make sure you guys have done the necessary paper work.
Re: Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? by tioenconsults: 7:20am On Oct 05, 2019
is the property registered at the state's land registry?

(1) (Reply)

Warehouse Measuring About 500sqm For Long Lease / Landed Property For Sale @awule Estate, Akure City, Ondo State / To Let Just Out 3 Bed Room Flat 1.3m In Millennium Estate Gbagada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.