Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,119 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? (550 Views)

This Apartment Is An Example Of ‘Don’t Judge A Book By Its Cover’ (Pix, Video) / Can I Buy A Deceased Person's Property Without It Been Admitted To Probate ? / WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT LETTER OF ADMINISTRATION (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Orangedreams: 9:14am On Dec 03, 2021
Dear property colleagues, men and brethren, please who is familiar with what it takes to obtain letter of Administertion in Lagos state particularly after after 21days newspaper publication?

This is my first experience with obtaining LA at Alausa Ikeja. Our Lawyer has been on it for sometimes now even though we heard it takes about 6months to come out. But my worries now is that we did our mandatory newspaper publication of the property in early October and since after then our lawyer has been saying we are at the issuance state.

My question now is, since the publication has since past, why is it taking so long for the LA to be issued by the probate judge? Please are there people here who are familiar with how long it takes to issue LA after publication?

Please allay my worries and expectations.
Thanks
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by psucc(m): 9:21am On Dec 03, 2021
It all depends! How much did you shootout or you wanted it done "officially"?

The two approaches has their time line.
Remember, TIN (This Is Nigeria)!
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Orangedreams: 9:27am On Dec 03, 2021
psucc:
It all depends! How much did you shootout or you wanted it done "officially"?

The two approaches has their time line.
Remember, TIN (This Is Nigeria)!

We have paid all the necessary fees we were required to pay. We have also done newspaper publication since October.
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by psucc(m): 11:37am On Dec 03, 2021
Orangedreams:

We have paid all the necessary fees we were required to pay. We have also done newspaper publication since October.
That's the official approach. Be patient and wait for it.

Again remember TIN
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Orangedreams: 11:52am On Dec 03, 2021
psucc:
That's the official approach. Be patient and wait for it.

Again remember TIN

Ok. Thank you.
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Hatesin: 4:13pm On Dec 03, 2021
Orangedreams:

Abeg, how did your lawyer charge you?
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Orangedreams: 9:56pm On Dec 03, 2021
The lawyer na family lawyer so its a different arrangement with him. Not charge per say
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Hatesin: 11:58am On Dec 04, 2021
Orangedreams:
The lawyer na family lawyer so its a different arrangement with him. Not charge per say

Ok.
Any idea how they charge?
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Orangedreams: 8:14am On Dec 13, 2021
*SURULERE MARKET*

600SQMS well fenced empty plot facing Agege Motor Road Moshalashi Mushin. Title: RC, Price: N100m asking

(1) Dilapidated building on full plot of land at along Ogunlana Drive, Surulere.
Price:#140 M.

(2) Dilapidated Building on 1,084 sqmt at Obele, Surulere.
Price:#70 M.

(3) Bungalow at LSDPC, Obele, Surulere.
Price:#25 M.

(4) A storey building on full plot of land at along Itire road, Surulere.
Price:#100 M.

(5) Dilapidated building on 3plot of land at along Ojuelegba road, Surulere.
Title: L/Certificate
Price:#180 M.

(6) Dilapidated building on 2plot size; 100ft by 100ft at along Lawanson road, Surulere.
Price:#120 M.

(7) A vacant block of flat on 631.2 sqmt land at along Bode Thomas road, Surulere.
Price:#220 M.

(cool Land c/piece, on full plot at along Ogunlana street, Ijesha, Surulere.
Title: R & Survey
Price: #30 M. asking

(9) 4flat on full plot of Land at Durojaye, Lawanson, Surulere
Price: #45 M.

(10) A storey building at along Akerele road Surulere.
Price; #65 M asking

(11) 2 plot of land at along Olatilewa street, Ikate, Surulere.
Title: C of O
Price: #100 M net

*AROWOJOBE* *ESTATE* , *MARYLAND*
3Nos Land size:650 sqmt, 700 sqmt, & 1500 sqmt
Title: C of O
Price: N50M, N65M & N180M. respectively

OrangeDream Realtors and Building Contractors Ltd.
Chat: 08088365168
Call: 08131027011
E: orangedreamrealtors@gmail.com

MrOluOdream9/12/21
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Melst: 2:13pm On Jun 12, 2023
Orangedreams:
Dear property colleagues, men and brethren, please who is familiar with what it takes to obtain letter of Administertion in Lagos state particularly after after 21days newspaper publication?

This is my first experience with obtaining LA at Alausa Ikeja. Our Lawyer has been on it for sometimes now even though we heard it takes about 6months to come out. But my worries now is that we did our mandatory newspaper publication of the property in early October and since after then our lawyer has been saying we are at the issuance state.

My question now is, since the publication has since past, why is it taking so long for the LA to be issued by the probate judge? Please are there people here who are familiar with how long it takes to issue LA after publication?

Please allay my worries and expectations.
Thanks

Please did the court require your surety to have a CofO?
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Brave1988: 2:56pm On Jan 24
LA usually take less time here in Lagos
Re: How Long Does It Take The Probate Judge To Issue Letter Of Administration? by Brave1988: 3:54pm On Jan 24
Good evening sir/ma, I have gone through the official process (from the suites down to interview ) prior obtaining letter of administration in lagos and its 3 three months gone already and publication still yet to be done. Just worried

(1) (Reply)

Scanfrost Ac Remote Needed / What Is The Cost Of Renovating/restoring A Two Bedroom Flat In Lagos / I Need Land In An Estate Any Where In Lagos Close To Beger,isheri North,omole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.