Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,298 members, 7,815,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:59 PM

PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates (16510 Views)

Bode George: Lekki Toll Gates Should Be Dismantled / FG Returns Toll Gates On Federal Roads / PDP Rejects Ekiti Election Process, Says Results Were Concocted By APC. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by udoka2013: 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2019
omoiyamayor:
Toll is In all better countries,if it will be well managed I said yes.if roads are good nigeria is not big country.some folks b like Nigeria is d biggest country in Africa because in lagos they travelled for hours.holyShit
with what minimum wage?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Biritiko: 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
[s]
Swargu:

You guys keep saying pdp brought this, thank God APC would have clocked 8yrs soon, we will see..

Not much of an Economics person but bro back then things were better, dollar was stable at 187,fuel was below 100,rice was 8k, things were averagely better, immediately APC came they started suffering everyone you and I included, block this, block that, stop this and that, arrest this one, sentence this once, incarcerate that one, oga these guys are in revenge mission like say we do them something before.. Better wise up
[/s]
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by smithe113(m): 8:38pm On Oct 02, 2019
The Toll gate is a welcomed idea provided the money won't be embezzled but rather used for its primary objective.

But my country people (politicians) no go gree.....they would rather grow fatter with the money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Reference(m): 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
chosengocap:
What does Nigeria do with her oil money?
By Otuekong Favour
Nigeria currently exports approximately 2million barrels of
crude oil daily at $60 per barrel, which translates into
$120million daily.
Nigeria produces over 2billionscf of gas per day, at $2.25 per
MMBtu.
Natural gas is measured in the international market with
British thermal units, MMBtu. Thus, 1000 cubic feet of natural
gas is equal to 1.037millionBtu, whereas one Btu of natural
gas according to Bloomberg Commodities is currently at
$2.25. Therefore, 2billionscf is tantamount to over 2trillionBtu,
which if multiplied by $2.25, amounts to hundreds of billions
of Dollars.
These prices do not include the fact that prices of
commodities fluctuate in the international market, as natural
gas went as high as $4 per MMBtu in 2018, while crude oil
prices soared over $75 sometime in 2018.
Now Nigeria has 49% stake in NLNG, 55% and in some cases
60% in every crude oil production in the country.
What about our internally generated revenue?
In 2018 alone, Customs generated N5trillion, FIRS N3trillion,
Nimasa N20billion, even non-revenue generating agencies like
JAMB, WAEC etc, claimed they'd generated billions last year.
What does Nigeria do with all these money, apart from
funding extravagant lifestyle of elected and appointed
politicians?
Yet a greater percentage of Nigerians are poverty-stricken,
with no access to potable water, electricity, reliable healthcare
etc.

Recurrent expenditure and debts. That is where all the money goes at all levels of government from the Feds to the local government. And with more MDA's under this dispensation and the new minimum wage, the average citizen is slaving for the welfare of government people. Something is bound to give.

Restructuring is the only civil way out.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Toscarele: 8:39pm On Oct 02, 2019
LegendHero:

You are wrong bro:

What they really do is to sit and brainstorm on the next means to inflict hardcore sufferings on Nigeria.

AND LOOT WHILE AT IT
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Deltatoto: 8:41pm On Oct 02, 2019
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Timabesi: 8:42pm On Oct 02, 2019
Cow, I bet you don't have a car..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by nwamabo247(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2019
nice move by pdp,toll gate will bring more wahala for motorist plus the one police they give For road..PLEASE my name is celestine nwankwo 28YRS OLD from awgu L.G.A. enugu stat For almost 12yrs now i have been down with spinal cord injure.no source of income i hav been living on family support especially my ageing mother who has been nursing me at home for all this while. but right now things are very very difficut for me and my mother who is also diabetic expecially feeding and title medications.please i need your help in any way posible no matter how small it will make a diffrence and i am also looking for a goverment or N G O rehabilitation home for the disable. thank and GOD BLESS.see my signature
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Reference(m): 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
Swargu:

You guys keep saying pdp brought this, thank God APC would have clocked 8yrs soon, we will see..

Not much of an Economics person but bro back then things were better, dollar was stable at 187,fuel was below 100,rice was 8k, things were averagely better, immediately APC came they started suffering everyone you and I included, block this, block that, stop this and that, arrest this one, sentence this once, incarcerate that one, oga these guys are in revenge mission like say we do them something before.. Better wise up

Don't mind them. In a few months President Buhari will have equalled the tenure length of Goodluck Jonathan as President and CEO then the reality check will hit and all the excuses will vaporise and mad resentment will arrive the doorsteps of Aso Rock. The kettle is boiling slowly.

3 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by SarkinYarki: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2019
emkz:
This PDP is an anti-progress party. In responsible countries, road users pay toll without complaining.

We cannot claim to want development without making sacrifices.

Shut up !!!! Are you aware that when the tolls where removed a road tax of 1.50k was added to every litre of petrol?

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by bikefab(m): 8:45pm On Oct 02, 2019
The APC government have anti-people policies. Is it that they are empty brained or that they are simply wicked?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by tomtos88(m): 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
emkz:
This PDP is an anti-progress party. In responsible countries, road users pay toll without complaining.

Ode ni yin sir

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by SarkinYarki: 8:46pm On Oct 02, 2019
smithe113:
The Toll gate is a welcomed idea provided the money won't be embezzled but rather used for its primary objective.

But my country people (politicians) no go gree.....they would rather grow fatter with the money

Una done come with this welcome idea talk without thinking ..are you aware that when the tolls where removed a road tax of 1.50k was added to every litre of petrol bought to replace the revenue from the road tolls? Are you aware ? Why not ask them why they have not used that money to repair the roads instead of welcoming every useless idea

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by damble: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
emkz:

YOU THESE CHILDREN THAT WE ARE STILL FEEDING AND BUYING BOXERS DON'T KNOW ANYTHING because THERE ARE NO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR U

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Nobody: 8:47pm On Oct 02, 2019
Back to the past party
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by SarkinYarki: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
Deltatoto:
it will affect those who travel by road I don’t.
Don't be short sighted it will also affect you because the cost of all food stuff and products that use the roads will go up and you will pay more to buy them

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Lawmak: 8:48pm On Oct 02, 2019
The only people shouting in facour of Buhari are those who don't pay tax directly. That thing dey pain me cos u don't see any reason for the tax paying.
Another one don come. TOLL GATE. They will make all these laws yet they won't partake. It will fell on top poor masses.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:49pm On Oct 02, 2019
emkz:

On good roads.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by ogododo: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
HeWrites:

http://igberetvnews.com/1040606/pdp-rejects-moves-buhari-return-toll-gates/

APC people mean no be small, toll gate ontop of these hardship. Hope dem no go toll Warri-Sapele-Benin road. These people wicked no be small
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by holuphisayor(m): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
Toll on which roads?
The roads with pot holes or overly congested ones. mtcheew

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
modelmike7:
PDP brought this nation to this mess in the first place, if they performed so wonderfully, Nigerians would not have voted them out of power in the first place. All they concentrated on was looting.
so what's your point here? That they should restore the toll gates demolished by the pdp govt cos of the fraud discovered in the system? The military put up the toll gates and another military in a civilian attire now wants to bring it back and you're there jubilating? O lagbaraoo. Must they unleash suffering on the poor masses to pay the minimum wage? Suffering is a norm among our youths

2 Likes

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Tonyspecial(m): 8:50pm On Oct 02, 2019
PDP aka LOOTERS

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by naijadrivablog: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
emkz:

The question is, will it be used judiciously?

Can't all our leaders slash their emoluments by 50% and use it to construct roads Is it only the masses that makes sacrifices
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by kunmiiii: 8:51pm On Oct 02, 2019
etrouble:
Nonsense. APC has clear majority is both Houses at the National Assembly, therefore the government does not need PDP support or otherwise to pass necessary laws and do what it (APC led government) needs to do to move the country forward.

PDP and its supporters can go and die.

However, because successive government have failed the people, this has made the people not to trust government again. But, I trust Buhari. I am a Buharist. I stand with Buhari.
There's nothing wrong with being a Buharist, but you should be a human first, there's nothing in your comment that argues or suggest this is a good idea, don't be a complacent YES-MAN, learn to question what you don't understand.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Sagay212: 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
emkz:

I hope you can see the roads in responsible countries. Not collecting tolls and using the money to buy prado, Range rover and G wagon while they ignore the roads
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by omoiyamayor(m): 8:53pm On Oct 02, 2019
backnbeta:

'Better countries' is the keyword here undecided

lol I sound corrected
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by SarkinYarki: 8:54pm On Oct 02, 2019
modelmike7:
People forget things so easily in this nation. Shame to all the people supporting thieves in this country. Big shame. Making good use of the tolls is what we shoud be talking about. Not blind wailing.

All of you are just empty ..when the tolls were removed was Road tax of 1.50k not added to every litre of petrol to replace revenues from the toll gates ? Are we still not still paying the road tax ? What is is it being used for ?

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2019
emkz:

so is your own country developed now?

Oga... do the important things 1st... useless country
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 02, 2019
maxzzo1:
Is obvious fashola, buhari and APC are more clueless .....thunder from sango finish these idiots.....all d mouth wey did guyz make na babash empty konko

bros i support u with bigger Amen..

tinibu ddnt allow fashola to eat from lagos toolgate now na to use bubu shine

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Chukwurah003: 9:04pm On Oct 02, 2019
PDP has never meant well for Nigeria so I’m not surprised.

1 Like

Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by Zane2point4(m): 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
emkz:

Which country did you travel to?
Those lanes you posted are speed lane, normally if you're in a haste you use the lane and pay the toll.

Do we have such here?
Re: PDP Rejects Moves To Return Toll Gates by lailo: 9:05pm On Oct 02, 2019
nigerians don't pay tax but want infrastructure.Funny set of people.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Explain Your Links With Jega- PDP Challenges APC. / Frank: Oyegun Plotting To Sack Tinubu, Atiku From APC / NUPENG Confirms Massive Loading Of Petrol At Depots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.