Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,939 members, 7,956,549 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 01:48 PM

Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players - Sports (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players (35013 Views)

Kanu Reacts To Tammy Abraham And Fikayo England Call-Up / FIFA Introduces MRI Scan For Age Of Players To Be Determined / List Of Players Surprisingly Not Going To The World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by thunderfirebubu: 7:35pm On Oct 03, 2019
creolehunt:

I beg to disagree.

Who amongst these three can he bench?
Alexander Arnold Trent
Kyle Walker
Trippier.

That guy will only be a bench warmer. Mind you, this is his first season. If he goes ahead to get that England cap and his form dips next season or Chelsea buys another right back, then he should wave England goodbye.
guy u dey watch Ball so? Is tomori a right back? He is a center back for fvck sake
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by engrchykae(m): 7:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
TSRC:
Due to the pressure from Nigeria, southgate wants to cap Tammy and tomori in the next qualifiers.

Scumbag.
they can have tammy but we seriously need fikayo timori
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by SmartyPants(m): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
kendrick93:
doing it at chelsea a big club in a top league isnt comparable to whatever osimhem is doing at Lille in Ligue 1 you have to admit

Of course it is very comparable. If Abraham were doing it for a small team in the premier league then it would be more impressive but he is playing at Chelsea where he is surrounded by top players compared to Osimhen's Lille.

Secondly the French league is not as competitive as the premier league but it still an A league. Plus Osimhen is also showing the same form in the champions league.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by kendrick93(m): 8:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
SmartyPants:

Of course it is very comparable. If Abraham were doing it for a small team in the premier league then it would be more impressive but he is playing at Chelsea where he is surrounded by top players compared to Osimhen's Lille.

Secondly the French league is not as competitive as the premier league but it still an A league. Plus Osimhen is also showing the same form in the champions league.

it's been one game in the CL so it's not like he's been banging them consistently..let's wait till end of season. The likes of Nicholas Pepe were more Impressive in Lille and himself is struggling at a top club in England

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by Minjim: 8:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
kendrick93:
no time were they on the same level

Can you be more specific?
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by Minjim: 8:36pm On Oct 03, 2019
kendrick93:
time will tell I guess...still Tammy is much established, both are still babies tho.
Let's see how the season goes

It's because he's more English and the English press exaggerates his performance

Try putting Tamilore in Lillie and see what he can do.
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by Nobody: 8:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
creolehunt:

I beg to disagree.

Alexander Arnold Trent
Kyle Walker
Trippier.

That guy will only be a bench warmer. Mind you, this is his first season. If he goes ahead to get that England cap and his form dips next season or Chelsea buys another right back, then he should wave England goodbye.

Unfortunately, he's not a right back but a centre back. He only play as a make shift right back in case of injuries to his teammates.
The bloke is good, no doubt but i don't see any reason why he would want to choose England over the super eagles (Maguire, Phil Jones, Tarowski, Chillwell, Joe Gomez, John stones, Luke Shaw and Micheal Keane are all fighting to impress) . Gabriel Agbonlahor ,Nedum onuoha, Carlton Cole and Dele Alli comes to mind. They're all wiping their noses in regret for choosing the 3 lions who dumped them like a habit when their form dipped.

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by zincnike(m): 9:02pm On Oct 03, 2019
If u no gree 70/30 den no go gree gv u opportunity
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by nakaman: 9:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
we have to need him o. Atleast nigeria will get more views and attention as there will be more focus on him as chelsea forward. Never knew Saka was a nigerian.
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by SmartyPants(m): 9:31pm On Oct 03, 2019
kendrick93:
it's been one game in the CL so it's not like he's been banging them consistently..let's wait till end of season. The likes of Nicholas Pepe were more Impressive in Lille and himself is struggling at a top club in England

Check the facts. Osimhen recently set a goal scoring record in Lille, of which the previous record holder was Hazard. As for whether he will continue to score know the Champions League, that is irrelevant to the present debate as neither of us can see what is in either Osimhen nor Abraham's future.
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by seuncyrus(m): 9:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
Carlyboi:
Tomori na central defender na wetin concern am with walker Trent and trippier shey u dey watch ball at all oga?

Bros I dey confused too , na why I follow the thread read this page sef. Be like say most of this people no dey watch football at all
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by kendrick93(m): 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
SmartyPants:

Check the facts. Osimhen recently set a goal scoring record in Lille, of which the previous record holder was Hazard. As for whether he will continue to score know the Champions League, that is irrelevant to the present debate as neither of us can see what is in either Osimhen nor Abraham's future.
in how many games, seven? Sorry but those stats are kind of meaningless in the grand scheme of things....
What if he stops scoring from January upward,will u still trot this stat out... I dunno why Nigerians love bigging players after just few games and is even in the French league. No offense but even giroud scored buckeloads in that league.

2 Likes

Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by kendrick93(m): 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
Minjim:

It's because he's more English and the English press exaggerates his performance

Try putting Tamilore in Lillie and see what he can do.

Tammy scored over 25 in the championship for Aston Villa last season...I think he will handle just fine in Lille....

1 Like

Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by kendrick93(m): 10:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
Minjim:

Can you be more specific?
your post? I took it you were drawing up some comparison between rashford and mbappe.
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by Timmy301(m): 10:24pm On Oct 03, 2019
creolehunt:

Tomori will be deluded to think he can bench Alexander Trent. As long as this guy is fit, no English Right Back will smell a jersey; arguably the best right back in the world at the moment. Don't forget they still have Kyle Walker who is a natural right back, and of course Trippier.

Southgate just want to cap Tamori, so as to secure him, that's all.
He's a center Back bro
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by Timmy301(m): 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
kendrick93:
in how many games, seven? Sorry but those stats are kind of meaningless in the grand scheme of things....
What if he stops scoring from January upward,will u still trot this stat out... I dunno why Nigerians love bigging players after just few games and is even in the French league. No offense but even giroud scored buckeloads in that league.
Even Nicolas pepe of arsenal
Now he's struggling in England
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by emjayyoungwiz12: 3:48am On Oct 04, 2019
kenzysmith:
We have four good strikers featuring in this year champions league, we have Bright osimhen at Olympic illie, we have ibrahim tijani of salzburg, Denis emmauel of club brugge, and olanyinka of sparta prague this guys are all prolific in their various clubs. Fikayo tamori should be the main piorerity buy genort, ademola lukman,dominic solanke and saka of arsenal should also be on genort rohr consideration, he should stop inviting ihenacho,musa onachu, moses simon,akpeyi,balogun and ezenwa for the good of our football. He play onyekuru more often that guy is a beast, I see us producing an african best in victor oshimen or Ckukwueze.

Former Super eagles and Arsenal Forward Nwankwo Kanu had express his Opinion over the Saga surrounding the England National Call up handed to Chelsea's Abraham And Tomori.

Yesterday, England National Football Team, the three lions released their squad for the upcoming European championship qualifiers game against Czech Republic and Bulgaria. which included the Names of the two much anticipated Super eagles possible invitees, Tammy Abraham and Fikayo Tomori.

Super Eagles Legend Kanu expressed his candid Opinion in interview saying that "Our problem is
whenever someone start doing well, we start chasing them which is not bad because other countries do that. I feel we don't need to force people to play for the country because Nigeria is Bigger than any player." The Former Arsenal striker who featured for the gunners fromm 1999-2004 scoring 37 goals in 119 Appearances further stated that ;" We have quality players everywhere, so we can't continue to https://www.footynaija.com.ng/2019/10/have-to-beg-nigeria-kanu-nwankwo-reacts.html
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by BrutalJab: 12:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
creolehunt:

Tomori will be deluded to think he can bench Alexander Trent. As long as this guy is fit, no English Right Back will smell a jersey; arguably the best right back in the world at the moment. Don't forget they still have Kyle Walker who is a natural right back, and of course Trippier.

Shut up you illiterate. Ovasabi Nigerian

Tomori plays Central position and nobody can bench him in England team.
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by BrutalJab: 12:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
SmartyPants:

Tammy Abraham is surrounded by top players like Barkley, William, Mason Mount and Jorginho right?

Tammy Abraham self scored in the champions league so what?

I doubt if you even watch football.
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by BrutalJab: 12:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
creolehunt:

I beg to disagree.

Alexander Arnold Trent
Kyle Walker
Trippier.

You are still spewing trash abi

Olodo rabata. Do you even watch football
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by SmartyPants(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2019
BrutalJab:

Tammy Abraham is surrounded by top players like Barkley, William, Mason Mount and Jorginho right?

Tammy Abraham self scored in the champions league so what?

I doubt if you even watch football.

In my first post I said Abraham is the better player.

Next time don't jump in on a conversation where no one is talking to you.
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by BrutalJab: 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
SmartyPants:

In my first post I said Abraham is the better player.

Next time don't jump in on a conversation where no one is talking to you.

You are not really smart after all.

Take your L and go in peace. grin
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by SmartyPants(m): 9:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
kendrick93:

In the grand scheme of things, we are talking about a player that has done it at every level he has played at. The boy set the world record the most goals in a single u17 world cup with 10 goals. Scored 20 at Charleroi and is simply continuing to do what he has always done. If you don't take him serious by now, when will you??
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by CodeTemplar: 1:40am On Oct 05, 2019
kenzysmith:
We have four good strikers featuring in this year champions league, we have Bright osimhen at Olympic illie, we have ibrahim tijani of salzburg, Denis emmauel of club brugge, and olanyinka of sparta prague this guys are all prolific in their various clubs. Fikayo tamori should be the main piorerity buy genort, ademola lukman,dominic solanke and saka of arsenal should also be on genort rohr consideration, he should stop inviting ihenacho,musa onachu, moses simon,akpeyi,balogun and ezenwa for the good of our football. He play onyekuru more often that guy is a beast, I see us producing an african best in victor oshimen or Ckukwueze.
You need to grow up and learn to respect peoples choice. We need them but they didn't choose us and that's it. All these rants are pure rubbish.

I remember seeing a thread where Nigerian returnees from SA were sing about Sweet Home while boarding the plane back and laughed at it because the only sang about sweet home to console themselves. What you are doing is not very different.
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by oyetpel(m): 6:40pm On Oct 06, 2019
creolehunt:

Tomori plays CB
Re: Why We Don't Need Tammy Abraham And This Set Of Players by ayukdaboss(m): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2019
creolehunt:

Yea. I already took the correction. The few times I've glanced at a Chelsea game, I thought he was a right back.
Yes that's because he's always there saving Azpilcueta's as*

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Photo:: Woman Who Defrauded Osaze Odemwingie, Others Of £130,000 Gets Jailed / Eko Hotel Attempted To Stop Super Eagles From Using Gym (Video) / NBA: MVP Antetokounmpo To Visit Nigerian, Set To Trace Roots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.