Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,927 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:32 AM

Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem (37314 Views)

Japa: UK Varsities Hit With Low Revenues As Nigerians Turn To Canada / Are People With 3rd Class & Pass Certificates Useless? / Characteristics Of Living Things (mr Niger D) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Xclusiveme: 9:13am On Oct 03, 2019
That's part of being a human. We all have expectancies to exhibit. Knowing your flaws will cultivate you to be a better person. Op you need to work on your low self esteem too cos u do have it and I have it as well

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by foreverkind1(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2019
chyckxx:
being introverted or keeping to oneself isn’t always an attribute of a low self esteem; for me, it’s actually the other way round. i often feel like most people aren’t good or intelligent enough for me, hence they are likely to misunderstand me and my way of doing things.
keeping to oneself will likely be the case if you value your abilities and feel like you’re good enough for the tasks; not everyone believes in teamwork and this method works for me.
i don’t feel the need to keep a bunch of friends and it’s not because i don’t feel good enough about myself but rather, my perceived insignificance of having such people around me.
This too long , you have low self esteem undecided

4 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by frozen70g(f): 9:27am On Oct 03, 2019
ElRapido:
The level of self-esteem is variable throughout life; that is, the level of self-confidence and the value we attribute to ourselves is not defined in the metaphor of a straight line. Self-esteem is one of the essential ingredients of our personal development and emotional well-being. For this reason, it is crucial to listen to those symptoms that indicate that we do not love each other as much as we deserve.

Through self-esteem, you become aware of the critical relationship you maintain with yourself since this relationship is the pillar of your bond with others, for this reason, in this article we are going to discover what are the characteristics of people with low self-esteem so that you learn to recognize them and analyze yourself.

They are indecisive, have difficulty making decisions, have an exaggerated fear of making mistakes. They only make a decision when they are utterly sure of obtaining 100% results.

They think that they can't, that they don't know anything, that they won't get it.

They don't value themselves, their talents, or their possibilities. They see their small skills, while those of others see them as large and even exaggerated.

They are afraid of what is new and avoid risks.

They are very anxious and nervous, which leads them to avoid situations that give them anguish and fear.

They are very passive; they avoid taking the initiative.

They are isolated, shy, and have almost no friends or very few.

They do not like to share their feelings with other people.

They avoid participating in the activities that are carried out in their center of study or work.

They are afraid to talk to other people about any topic; they feel continuously evaluated.

They depend a lot on other people to do their tasks or perform any activity.

They give up before doing or starting any activity.

They are not satisfied with themselves, and they think they are not doing anything right.

They don't know their emotions, so they can't express them.

Because they have no courage, they find it hard to accept criticism.

They have a hard time recognizing when they are wrong.

They handle a lot of feelings of guilt when something goes wrong.

In the face of negative results, they look for guilt in others.

They believe that they are the ugly, ignorant and that everyone else does it better than they do.

They rejoice at the mistakes of others because it makes them feel better.

They don't care about their health.

They are pessimistic; they believe that everything will go wrong.

They look for leaders to do things.

They think they are uninteresting people.

They think they make a wrong impression on others.

They feel they don't control their lives.

They don't like to struggle because they don't believe in their ability.

They find it hard to achieve their goals.

Read More: https://findselfesteem..com/2019/10/characteristics-of-people-with-low-self.html

You have said it all very correct, but it's a bad attitude in them
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Greatzeus(m): 9:46am On Oct 03, 2019
They always find a way to link Buhari to everyone of their problems,even the problems their families have been suffering since their last 10th generations tongue
They Lack respect for elders on Nairaland.
They are quick to tag any guy broke and any girl Olosho.
They mostly lack mental sagacity to engage in an intellectual discourse so they call you Igbos,afonja, terrorist,drug peddlers, ritualists just to make up for their lack of common Sense. tongue

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by NaijaNaWaa: 9:47am On Oct 03, 2019
Rubbish. In which the universe is an enclave of low self people
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Charmingrascal(m): 9:48am On Oct 03, 2019
OP learn and read about introversion then you will realize you are mixing things up.

There are some traits in ur post that are attributed to introverted people
Because someone is an introvert does not mean he has low self-esteem.

Tacha is an extrovert and she has low self-esteem.

There is one particular tribe in Nigeria with strong and outspoken people but they have low self-esteem

Because I don't keep friends does not mean I have low self-esteem

2 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by tunary(m): 9:55am On Oct 03, 2019
ElRapido:
The level of self-esteem is variable throughout life; that is, the level of self-confidence and the value we attribute to ourselves is not defined in the metaphor of a straight line. Self-esteem is one of the essential ingredients of our personal development and emotional well-being. For this reason, it is crucial to listen to those symptoms that indicate that we do not love each other as much as we deserve.

Through self-esteem, you become aware of the critical relationship you maintain with yourself since this relationship is the pillar of your bond with others, for this reason, in this article we are going to discover what are the characteristics of people with low self-esteem so that you learn to recognize them and analyze yourself.

They are indecisive, have difficulty making decisions, have an exaggerated fear of making mistakes. They only make a decision when they are utterly sure of obtaining 100% results.

They think that they can't, that they don't know anything, that they won't get it.

They don't value themselves, their talents, or their possibilities. They see their small skills, while those of others see them as large and even exaggerated.

They are very anxious and nervous, which leads them to avoid situations that give them anguish and fear.

They avoid participating in the activities that are carried out in their center of study or work.

They are afraid to talk to other people about any topic; they feel continuously evaluated.

They are not satisfied with themselves, and they think they are not doing anything right.

They believe that they are the ugly, ignorant and that everyone else does it better than they do.

Read More: https://findselfesteem..com/2019/10/characteristics-of-people-with-low-self.html

No solution to this problems?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Nobody: 10:28am On Oct 03, 2019
Low self esteem is all about how you see or rated your personality, it is a social sickness that appears in different forms based on different factors.

Contrary or in addition to the lists, any effort/urge to prove superiority or dominate, or impress, or to be recognized or grab power... etc, are chronic sign of low self.

If you know your real personality, if you can breath without social oxygen, you will know that both low self and high self esteem are sickness of the same brand; just different face.

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Odunolumide(m): 10:36am On Oct 03, 2019
Op you are absolutely wrong . For one, you said people with low self esteem do not accept criticism but everyone understands this is an attribute of someone with high self esteem .Not accepting criticism is highly similar to overconfidence and someone with low self esteem is no where near any confidence level as you indicated yourself.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by LabDNA: 10:49am On Oct 03, 2019
Happyguy201:
Never knew that having no friends is a sign of low self esteem

That one is very incorrect, most Scientists and inventors who believed in themselves have very few friends. Most were introverted like yours truly.

So I disagree with the OP on that one.

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by LabDNA: 10:50am On Oct 03, 2019
chyckxx:
being introverted or keeping to oneself isn’t always an attribute of a low self esteem; for me, it’s actually the other way round. i often feel like most people aren’t good or intelligent enough for me, hence they are likely to misunderstand me and my way of doing things.
keeping to oneself will likely be the case if you value your abilities and feel like you’re good enough for the tasks; not everyone believes in teamwork and this method works for me.
i don’t feel the need to keep a bunch of friends and it’s not because i don’t feel good enough about myself but rather, my perceived insignificance of having such people around me.

Thanks a lot for this rejoinder.

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by ElRapido: 10:54am On Oct 03, 2019
grandstar:
This article is poor. Its nice you chose a topic for blogging other than social gossip but this isn't for you
Please find something you're passionate about and focus on it ElRapido

Ok. Noted thanks

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by omoharry(f): 11:19am On Oct 03, 2019
judedwriter:
They determine themselves by what others think about them.
that is spot on!..this is one very trait of a low self esteem .The ops long list are natural traits with human beings which affect us in our daily lives occasionally. Most people talked themselves out of it in order to over come their fears/insecurities.

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by UnknownQueen(f): 11:28am On Oct 03, 2019
BlackAfrican:
I can bet a million bucks that the author of this post has 5 or more of these traits.

I guess we can say he or she is also a sufferer.

Meanwhile, for those who notice some of these things in their lives, be aware that nothing is set in stone. You do not have low self esteem. Don't let a list constructed by a self serving untrained fellow looking for traffic make you berate yourself.

Look on the bright side of life continuously and try to make the best out of every situation you find yourself.

Your last paragraph got me......

I'll keep on looking bro and keep being a better me.. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Mryacks: 11:58am On Oct 03, 2019
I don't have a low self esteem but I am kinda shy...

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by ymstar(m): 12:03pm On Oct 03, 2019
chyckxx:
U are not alone, dis definitely defines my personality

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by KingUg(m): 12:35pm On Oct 03, 2019
Psalm2423:

Please correct them bro. Most people can think nonsense. That was how one idiot came to quarrel with me for always staying indoors. If my job is a work at home position, and I can order the basic things of life directly to my doorstep, is there any need to be jumping around the world? I’m an introvert, I hate phone calls unless we’re close. If we’re close, I can talk for 2 hours nonstop, else, everyone else is a nuisance.

I actually don’t keep friends cause I know they’re more fake than real. Messi is more like an introvert, he doesn’t run all the after match comment, rarely do you see him off-season. So he has low self esteem right? Most rich men just don’t have friends, and they don’t need them.

Albert Einstein
Isaac Newton
Buddha
Gandhi
Jesus without his disciples
Owner of Tesla (I just forgot his name)
Your favorite Bill Gates who stays away from people to come up with new ideas.
Trump (since you said they blame others, then he has low self-esteem right?)
Buhari (same with Trump, daddy has been blaming past administrations).

Please OP research before you write. While some points are true, never generalize. That’s why we have the statement: “all Rottweilers are dogs, but not all dogs are Rottweilers.”
bro I really admire your intellectual prowess the way you broke Everything down tells alot about your personality I admire that alot, most people don't know the difference between low self esteem & been an introvert

2 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by nlPoster: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
bizhop01:
What profit a man that has half of nigeria as a close friend

lolz

At least he can boost the "posters" on websites that need them eg nairaland with 2,340,475 members.

Addendum:

If the owners were interested in monetizing the forum, assuming the site has around 40,000 real members (the number be could be lower than that), and they (site owners) charged say $10 per year for subscription, that's $400,000 give or take.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Tumbulum: 12:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
Keep ya head up.

2 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by 1Sharon(f): 1:05pm On Oct 03, 2019
chyckxx:
being introverted or keeping to oneself isn’t always an attribute of a low self esteem; for me, it’s actually the other way round i often feel like most people aren’t good or intelligent enough for me hence they are likely to misunderstand me and my way of doing things.

Yes, low self esteem isn't your problem.

Its arrogance.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by chyckxx(m): 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2019
ymstar:

U are not alone, dis definitely defines my personality
lol, we’re not weak emotionally. people just don’t see it.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by chyckxx(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
1Sharon:

Yes, low self esteem isn't your problem.

Its arrogance.
funny enough, someone was complaining about how rude they think i am because i barely relate with them. it’s not pride or arrogance though. i just enjoy this peace that comes with being alone.

3 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by 1Sharon(f): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
chyckxx:

funny enough, someone was complaining about how rude they think i am because i barely relate with them. it’s not pride or arrogance though. i just enjoy this peace that comes with being alone.

Abeg jo, you are arrogant.

Which funny enough is also a sign of insecurity.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by hajaraisah: 2:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
ElRapido:

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by chyckxx(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
1Sharon:

Abeg jo, you are arrogant.

Which funny enough is also a sign of insecurity.
i’m not arrogant, i promise. the few people who are close to me are aware of my true character. it only seems that way when you’re looking from a distance, but looks can be deceiving; you know!

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by RUDEBOYY(m): 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
I don't believe having no or few friends is a sign of a low self esteem

Happyguy201:

1 Like

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by bizhop01: 2:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
nairalandposter:

lolz

At least he can boost the "posters" on websites that need them eg nairaland with 2,340,475 members.

Addendum:

If the owners were interested in monetizing the forum, assuming the site has around 40,000 real members (the number be could be lower than that), and they (site owners) charged say $10 per year for subscription, that's $400,000 give or take.
This is irrelevant
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by nlPoster: 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
bizhop01:

This is irrelevant

No it's not.

I see you're scared of communication tax.

https://www.nairaland.com/5450079/senate-proposes-law-tax-nigerians

$20 per year subscription for 40,000 actual people, would be around $800,000.

Even if up to 60% goes on taxes, there's plenty left: $320,000

Operating costs in Nigeria, maybe $50,000 to $100,000 (over time, not upfront).

So, theoretically, it's still good.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by abilereggie: 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2019
This article could be anyone..you must have at least two of those things you wrote.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by Educonomist: 8:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
fear of being alone(perhaps, you don't want others to take you as someone who is shy n always lonely) n making friends with people who doesn't value you much, is a sign of low self-esteem........

it's better to enjoy your own company n be happy than be among friends who let you feel you are the one forcing yourself on them

2 Likes

Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by TEYA: 11:40am On Oct 04, 2019
Happyguy201:
I really wonder.
Re: Characteristics Of People With Low Self-esteem by TEYA: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2019
BlackAfrican:
I can bet a million bucks that the author of this post has 5 or more of these traits.

I guess we can say he or she is also a sufferer.

Meanwhile, for those who notice some of these things in their lives, be aware that nothing is set in stone. You do not have low self esteem. Don't let a list constructed by a self serving untrained fellow looking for traffic make you berate yourself.

Look on the bright side of life continuously and try to make the best out of every situation you find yourself.

Imagine what harm this load of tripe will do to someone somewhere right now. According to this silly list, lots of introverts have low self esteem since not having many friends is included.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Education: Why South-west And North Should Be Worried / University Of Ibadan Post Jamb/utme/screening,interactive Question / 16 Pictures Some Students Playing Bet9ja Virtual Soccer Can Relate To

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.