Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,472 members, 7,823,099 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:32 AM

Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. (1692 Views)

Farooq A. Kperogi: Hope Buhari Doesn’t Appear On New Naira Notes / The Chicanery Called Local Government Elections / Defectors To Apc Chairman: Oshiomhole Will Eat His Words In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Foxman19: 7:46am On Oct 03, 2019
Yesterday I finished my rice the foreign rice i have at home before Buhari closed his border. However on my way coming back from work ,i decided to stop and buy rice i was even demanding for foreign rice but to my surprised all the shop i visited none of them have foreign rice.
Then i made up my mind and i settled for local rice. However the local rice Seems have two type one is more whitening than latter . But the two not attractive very dirty i was wondering if our so called president will ever buy something like this.
Then I bought one paint to test the credibility of the rice,i didn't cook it like foreign rice Because I believe it needed more treatment, i boiled it twice and washed it very well. When it was done i served myself my fellow Nigerians guess what it was tasteless and smelling as if that is not enough when I put one spoon in my mouth na stone i dey chop i have to throw it away.
Buhari enough to this inflation and suffering we don't against your decision regard border closed but what plan you put in place that your decision wouldn't affect people in a sorry situation. Your policy not friendly with commoners this is not how to govern.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Tumbulum: 7:51am On Oct 03, 2019
Believe me no one related to Buhari will eat the local rice. The local rice is for the rest of the Nigerians who voted them into power.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by donbachi(m): 7:51am On Oct 03, 2019
I even hear say him get two cooks....one french man and an italian man...its expected dat he will be eating foreign rice.

1 Like

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Foxman19: 7:59am On Oct 03, 2019
God will never forgive Buhari i swear this pain is too much. You can't enjoy what you used your money buy.
Tumbulum:
Believe me no one related to Buhari will eat the local rice. The local rice is for the rest of the Nigerians who voted them into power.

1 Like

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Foxman19: 8:00am On Oct 03, 2019
grin grin foriegn chef's 0kill Buhari there.
donbachi:
I even hear say him get two cooks....one french man and an italian man...its expected dat he will be eating foreign rice.

1 Like

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by uzohrome(m): 8:11am On Oct 03, 2019
What kind of local rice are you talking about op? Most local rice are stone free or you just buy ofada rice? The best rice is our local rice. Have you taking your time to buy and enjoy Anambra rice, coscharis rice, honey well, olam rice, many rice from Otta in Ogun state? You can not differentiate with the so called foreign rice. Far better than foreign rice and cheaper too

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by joshjc(m): 8:16am On Oct 03, 2019
Local rice is better than foreign rice

3 Likes

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by majamajic(m): 8:18am On Oct 03, 2019
if not for stones I prefer local rice , tastes better

then if u wan cook rice on Sunday morning , u will start selecting stones from Saturday afternoon

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by BuhariAdvocate: 8:41am On Oct 03, 2019
Buhari never eat foreign rice from inception.
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by BuhariAdvocate: 8:42am On Oct 03, 2019
I don’t bought ofada rice . You can prescribe one for me please.
uzohrome:
What kind of local rice are you talking about op? Most local rice are stone free or you just buy ofada rice? The best rice is our local rice. Have you taking your time to buy and enjoy Anambra rice, coscharis rice, honey well, olam rice, many rice from Otta in Ogun state? You can not differentiate with the so called foreign rice. Far better than foreign rice and cheaper too
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by JonDon12: 8:45am On Oct 03, 2019
Instead of developing our research universities and agricultural colleges to produce rice so that we don't need to import rice. Dullard in chief closes our borders.

This is just electoral strategy . They want you to be hungry so when they start campaigning, their stomach infrastructure is more effective.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by BuhariAdvocate: 8:45am On Oct 03, 2019
Oh really picking stone on Saturday against Sunday in the name I want to chop rice all is well.
majamajic:
if not for stone I prefer local rice , tastes better

then if u wan cook rice on Sunday morning , u will start selecting stones from Saturday afternoon

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 8:47am On Oct 03, 2019
uzohrome:
Yes they are good but are mostly short grains

More delicious I know

1 Like

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Foxman19: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2019
Excuse me young man the op is not talking to you ...i urge you to continue supporting Buhari blindly. God will judge you all.
BuhariAdvocate:
I don’t bought ofada rice . You can prescribe one for me please.

1 Like

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Foxman19: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2019
Exactly my thought.
JonDon12:
Instead of developing our research universities and agricultural colleges to produce rice so that we don't need to import rice. Dullard in chief closes our borders.

This is just electoral strategy . They want you to be hungry so when they start campaigning, their stomach infrastructure is more effective.
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Foxman19: 8:51am On Oct 03, 2019
Please i wouldn't mind if you tell one .
uzohrome:
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 8:51am On Oct 03, 2019
JonDon12:

Thats it ...I have rice farm myself but I don't support this banning its rubbish and not sustainable

In Thailand they get 8 to 12 tons per hectare while here u would be lucky to get 1 ton to 2 ton

Jonathan government focused on seed development and increasing yeild

We have cheaper labour ...infact if nigeria average 6 tons per hectare and can plant 3 times a year like Thailand ....trust me rice importation would die naturally because then I can sale 50kg for 5000 and still make profit

What grain has the government developed in the last 5 years ?
What research has been done to kill those evil birds that eat our rice ?

Building mills is not a problem ....research is the issue

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by WonderManly(m): 9:02am On Oct 03, 2019
Before nko!
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by BuhariAdvocate: 9:06am On Oct 03, 2019
You’re talking nonsense.
mrvitalis:

Thats it ...I have rice farm myself but I don't support this banning its rubbish and not sustainable

In Thailand they get 8 to 12 tons per hectare while here u would be lucky to get 1 ton to 2 ton

We have cheaper labour ...infact if nigeria average 6 tons per hectare and can plant 3 times a year like Thailand ....trust me rice importation would die naturally because then I can sale 50kg for 5000 and still make profit

2 Likes

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by JonDon12: 9:12am On Oct 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

I wish you the best in your business endeavours. You guys have to start building strong trade associations and present your case to international NGOs for funding and support. It's a shame that Africans are still starving. And that's because of inept governance.

I don't know too much about farming but If Buhari wants to ban anything, he should ban most substituent farming and restructure the whole community into mechanised agricultural INDEPENDENT cooperatives. That's not ideal but better than banning Food importation.

Y

1 Like

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 9:23am On Oct 03, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
You’re talking nonsense.
Intelligent conversation sounds like rubbish to dumb fools

4 Likes

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by BuhariAdvocate: 9:25am On Oct 03, 2019
grin again you sound stupid.
mrvitalis:

Intelligent conversation sounds like rubbish to dumb fools

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by majamajic(m): 9:42am On Oct 03, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Oh really picking stone on Saturday against Sunday in the name I want to chop rice all is well.

Wash and search for stones , cook a bit wash again look for Stones again , then cook again till done

Guess what ? U will still chew few stubborn stones at the end

But I think it has improved now , I do eat ofada rice now without fear

I prefer the local rice to foreign upon the stress of cooking it

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by delpee(f): 10:03am On Oct 03, 2019
uzohrome:

True. Add Ebony, Mama Pride, Big Bull, Ekiti rice etc A wide variety is available in the market now really. Mostly fresh, well milled and tastes better than the over processed, tasteless and chemically preserved rice we loved so much.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by delpee(f): 10:05am On Oct 03, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

There's packaged stone free ofada rice albeit more expensive.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by nabiz(m): 10:11am On Oct 03, 2019
Foxman19:
Yesterday I finished my rice the foreign rice i have at home before Buhari closed his border. However on my way coming back from work ,i decided to stop and buy rice i was even demanding for foreign rice but to my surprised all the shop i visited none of them have foreign rice.
Then i made up my mind and i settled for local rice. However the local rice Seems have two type one is more whitening than latter . But the two not attractive very dirty i was wondering if our so called president will ever buy something like this.
Then I bought one paint to test the credibility of the rice,i didn't cook it like foreign rice Because I believe it needed more treatment, i boiled it twice and washed it very well. When it was done i served myself my fellow Nigerians guess what it was tasteless and smelling as if that is not enough when I put one spoon in my mouth na stone i dey chop i have to throw it away.
Buhari enough to this inflation and suffering we don't against your decision regard border closed but what plan you put in place that your decision wouldn't affect people in a sorry situation. Your policy not friendly with commoners this is not how to govern.
you are a big lier have tasted both local and foreign and there is no much different. Na you sabi the place you go buy ur rice. May be you bought to locally milled one. Try the packaged one from ebonyi state. They are 99.999999 stone free

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by surgical: 10:15am On Oct 03, 2019
Foxman19:
God will never forgive Buhari i swear this pain is too much. You can't enjoy what you used your money buy.
you can't give what you don't have,hardship is the only thing buhari can offer and he is trying his best giving it at least that is what he is voted to do
He has done it before in 1983-1985,he is doing it again,we should applaud him for being consistent
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Nobody: 10:23am On Oct 03, 2019
You guys voted for change and got chains instead. Yet again, you have voted for next level but were foolish not to ask next level of what.
Enjoy your next level of suffering, wetin consign me.

2 Likes

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Commentor: 10:32am On Oct 03, 2019
In fact, they should just put a chain across your neck with one oyinbo man you call Massa everyday.
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by NwaNimo1(m): 10:33am On Oct 03, 2019
I cant eat local rice.....im allergic to it.

Foreign rice is produced through better mechanised processes nigeria has failed to adopt.

If anything the government should look into supporting the upgrade of our agricultural processes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Religious Freedom: Nigeria Remains A ‘country Of Particular Concern’ —US / South Eastern Security Network - Vanguard / "Whoever Voted For Buhari, Is 100% Stupid" --imam Of Peace

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.