Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,258 members, 7,953,983 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:20 AM

Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. (1796 Views)

Men Will Dress Like Women If Nigerians Are Told Only Women Will Eat - Peter Obi / Farooq A. Kperogi: Hope Buhari Doesn’t Appear On New Naira Notes / The Chicanery Called Local Government Elections (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Commentor: 10:34am On Oct 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

Thats it ...I have rice farm myself but I don't support this banning its rubbish and not sustainable

In Thailand they get 8 to 12 tons per hectare while here u would be lucky to get 1 ton to 2 ton

Jonathan government focused on seed development and increasing yeild

We have cheaper labour ...infact if nigeria average 6 tons per hectare and can plant 3 times a year like Thailand ....trust me rice importation would die naturally because then I can sale 50kg for 5000 and still make profit

What grain has the government developed in the last 5 years ?
What research has been done to kill those evil birds that eat our rice ?

Building mills is not a problem ....research is the issue

Will you invest in mills if there was no feed stock?
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Commentor: 10:36am On Oct 03, 2019
NwaNimo1:
I cant eat local rice.....im allergic to it.

Foreign rice is produced through better mechanised processes nigeria has failed to adopt.

If anything the government should look into supporting the upgrade of our agricultural processes.

Why not invest in the upgrade?

Are you not a big man?
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 10:51am On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Will you invest in mills if there was no feed stock?
Seriously no
I'm waiting to have enough money to fund Imsu AND UNN to develop my own seed that can give me 12 tons in 100 days ...that's the first thing first
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Commentor: 10:59am On Oct 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

Seriously no
I'm waiting to have enough money to fund Imsu AND UNN to develop my own seed that can give me 12 tons in 100 days ...that's the first thing first

Well other investors are confident there's enough for their mills.
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 11:03am On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Well other investors are confident there's enough for their mills.
Lol OK na Lets see na .....closing border would only increase the price ...making the risk of smuggling worth it
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Commentor: 11:07am On Oct 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol OK na Lets see na .....closing border would only increase the price ...making the risk of smuggling worth it

Or it will lead to even greater production as farmers and Millers alike identify an opportunity.

1 Like

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 11:26am On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Or it will lead to even greater production as farmers and Millers alike identify an opportunity.
What opportunity? ....the why should they produce more so that the price would fall ? Are they mad

Haven't fuel scarcity thought u anything ..

Customs officers have wife and brothers that would still import foreign rice
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Commentor: 12:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

What opportunity? ....the why should they produce more so that the price would fall ? Are they mad

Haven't fuel scarcity thought u anything ..

Customs officers have wife and brothers that would still import foreign rice

People produce to make even more money.
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

People produce to make even more money.
If they produce more the profit would drop ....watch then hide seeds

Free market is the best bro
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Commentor: 12:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

If they produce more the profit would drop ....watch then hide seeds

Free market is the best bro

What silly economics is that?

Why are other countries ramping up production for various crops?

1 Like

Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 12:32pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

What silly economics is that?

Why are other countries ramping up production for various crops?

Which one banned import
Do u wonder why filling station hide fuel during scarcity ?
Its the economics
What u are saying is scarcity would make filling station want to sale more but we know thats a lie

U online grow by increasing what's called competitive advantage
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Foxman19: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
But why you call me a liar? Do you think if am satisfied with whati bought i will come here peddling lie.
nabiz:
you are a big lier have tasted both local and foreign and there is no much different. Na you sabi the place you go buy ur rice. May be you bought to locally milled one. Try the packaged one from ebonyi state. They are 99.999999 stone free
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Omoboricash(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2019
nabiz:
you are a big lier have tasted both local and foreign and there is no much different. Na you sabi the place you go buy ur rice. May be you bought to locally milled one. Try the packaged one from ebonyi state. They are 99.999999 stone free
Some people are just out to condemn anything made naija, I bought half bag of Nigeria rice mama peace to precised. It was stone free, my daughters even said the rice is okay for jollof rice. We also tried to cook white rice and it's also better.
I'm in support of boarder been closed. If you know how fuel been transported to neighboring country u will be amazed
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by LLobiorah: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
You don't like 'local rice', but you eat local beans and garri, that have stones. Some Nigerians are really stupid.
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by Commentor: 3:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
mrvitalis:

Which one banned import
Do u wonder why filling station hide fuel during scarcity ?
Its the economics
What u are saying is scarcity would make filling station want to sale more but we know thats a lie

U online grow by increasing what's called competitive advantage

Scarcity is scarcity.
Re: Hope Buhari Will Eat The So Called Local Rice. by mrvitalis(m): 3:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
Commentor:

Scarcity is scarcity.
What's ur point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Imo Supreme Judgment Outcome: Between Fr. Mbaka And Primate Ayodele / 195 Covid 19 Case Reported In Nigeria Total Case Now 1532 / The Long Arm Of The Law Will Soon Catch Up With Nnamdi Kanu - Shettima

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.