Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,618 members, 7,820,192 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:11 AM

Abraham Undecided Between England And Nigeria - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Abraham Undecided Between England And Nigeria (335 Views)

Between England Legend, Gary Lineker And Manchester City Twitter Handler / Arsenal Winger Saka Says Choosing Between England And Nigeria Will Be 'tough' / World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abraham Undecided Between England And Nigeria by ifeanyija(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2019
Chelsea's Tammy Abraham says he has not yet decided whether he wants to play for England or Nigeria.

The striker marked his 22nd birthday with his eighth goal of the season in Chelsea's 2-1 win over Lille in the Champions League on Wednesday.

Abraham has already played for England at senior level in friendlies against Brazil and Germany in 2017, as well as at youth level.

But he remains eligible to play for Nigeria.

"I love both nations," Abraham said. "To be wanted by both nations, clearly I'm doing something right on the pitch for Chelsea. I just have to keep going. My time will come.

"I'm not sure, I haven't made a decision yet. I'm just focusing on the club now."

Abraham said he is "fully aware" of his Nigerian heritage.

"I've grown up in an area with a lot of African culture and African background," he said.

"Even in the changing room nowadays, we play Afrobeats and all sorts. So you're fully aware that Nigeria is a massive country. It's global."

On Thursday, England manager Gareth Southgate will name his latest senior squad for the upcoming European Qualifiers against the Czech Republic and Bulgaria.

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/12016/11825949/chelseas-tammy-abraham-undecided-over-england-future
Re: Abraham Undecided Between England And Nigeria by makdcash(m): 8:01am On Oct 03, 2019
This guy will play 4 naija,by their word
Re: Abraham Undecided Between England And Nigeria by princeakinola1(m): 8:02am On Oct 03, 2019
You better come and play for 9ja,or else if you play for england they will abadon you if your games drop and your own will just finish
Re: Abraham Undecided Between England And Nigeria by SniperSmurf(m): 8:16am On Oct 03, 2019
Tammy choose Nigeria. If you go to England you will be a sub for life. But in Naija first team shirt guarantee. Plus one hot bowl of Catfish pepper soup anytime you need! grin
Re: Abraham Undecided Between England And Nigeria by RTSC2: 11:37am On Oct 03, 2019
Tammy has not yet chosen England contrary to the media.

But he is facing pressure.

(1) (Reply)

Nightmare For Man Utd As De Gea Limps Out Of Spain Qualifier / North Korea Game 'was Like War' - South Korea / Nigeria Samuel Chukwueze Nominated For U21 Balloodor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.