Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,926 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab (44507 Views)

IMSU Lecturer Slaps Female Student For Wearing Mufti To Class (Video, Photos) / Covenant University CBT Centre Denies Candidates Wearing Hijab From Writing Mock / How Much Does A Nigerian Teacher Earn Monthly (secondary School/ University)? (2) (3) (4)

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Epzilon: 9:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
Askhalid:
It's a good decision by d Parents
unless the school is a Missionary School then I see no reason for the Hijaab denial

Freedom of religion is Guaranteed in every Matured Varsity, except d university operate one sided (pure Missionary or Pure Islamic Doctrine )

Since it can admit from any religion, then freedom of religion practice should be guaranteed, unless otherwise

I HAILED YORUBA MUSLIMS FOR STANDING WITH D STUDENT

You lack comprehension skills. Read the OP's post. This time very slowly.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
ipobarethieves:
sad islamabad and their Wahala..Mumuric will kal that Ruga Ambassador to com and use FORCE.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by bilulu(m): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:
There is a large contingent of wealthy Muslim students in the school. Let’s see how long this woman can hold on to her bigotry.

This one is lying through his teeth. He can’t name the firm?
Only in Nigeria we do all dat, if an institution says they don't want a particular dress code why not head for another day allows it? BTW what have we achieve in all these years y holding so tight to religion more dan those who brought it. In d morning we disturb everybody with morning devotion, afternoon d other set goes for prayers yet the country is dead. after all of dis na we still corrupt pass. take ur child to another school if dis school don't allow it

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by MT: 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

Dude, we will watch. If ISI was a Christian institution and if it had very few Muslims then maybe. All this bigotry you're pushing will only work in a place where Muslims are a poor underrepresented minority.

In the end, this is business. You want to escape the hijab menace, retreat to the school in your village

I can only feel sorry for you. You should be ashamed of your own rants. ISI, as a private institution, has rules (which separates humans from animals) and if you cannot comply, you can take your child(ren) to another school. My sister and her husband are muslims, and they have children in ISI, they DO NOT agree that hijab should be allowed in ISI. Rules are rules....this has nothing to do with Islam, Christianity or Traditionalist....It is what it is ... RULES!!. Stop making the world to see ISLAM in a different and disgusting light. You can do better than this.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Aaam(m): 9:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
oilPUSSY:
Yoruba Muslims.

From Hijab to eradication of Innovations..

I pity Yoruba Christians

By d way, why did u choose oilPussy as name?

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by grammarian247(m): 9:56pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

We are headed towards inclusion for ladies who choose to wear hijab. This country is 50% Muslim. You have a problem with hijab, run to your ‘Christian’ states.

And I just told you, no one was suspended for wearing hijab, I have the information. The letter up there has nothing to do with hijab.

Talk about hijab in ISI the school has only maintained that students dress as stipulated in the code of dressing which has always guided students, no one has business with ur hijab, u can wear it, but not within the school premises, it is not part of the uniform. The matter went to court and the parents lost, will it not be in the best interest of peace to go by the court injunction? These parents are only using these girls, not all of them even want the hijab, so the parents are themselves violating the right of the girls to choose.

This would have been a case if no sch agrees to admit hijab-wearing girls, on the contrary, there are, so many!

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 9:57pm On Oct 03, 2019
MoIbrahim:
Are you guys aware that we are talking about a school collectively owned by the people, Christians and Muslims? ? ?

Christians are not allowed to wear hijab too,
You're a terrorist, if you don't want to follow the law of the school then get out!

Most schools in the Core North made it mandatory for all female students to put on hijab, you won't see Christians going there and trying to change the law by not covering their head with hijab, the Christians in those Northern schools put on Hijab.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2019
THIS IS THE WISH OF YORUBA MUSLIMS IN YORUBALAND

THEY WANT TO TURN YORUBALAND TO ARABIA.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
MT:

I can only feel sorry for you. You should be ashamed of your own rants. ISI, as a private institution, has rules (which separates humans from animals) and if you cannot comply, you can take your child(ren) to another school. My sister and her husband are muslims, and they have children in ISI, they DO NOT agree that hijab should be allowed in ISI. Rules are rules....this has nothing to do with Islam, Christianity or Traditionalist....It is what it is ... RULES!!. Stop making the world to see ISLAM in a different and disgusting light. You can do better than this.

There were once rules for colored only fountains. Once blacks were not allowed in several private institutions.

The racists who upheld the rules were just like you. Hateful bigots with arguments about rules.

The girl has engaged in her civil disobedience, she has been punished, and now the real battle will start. Enjoy your triggered chauvinist tears.

More and more Muslims will stand up for thier right to wear the hijab. You can continue to gnash your teeth in bewildered hatred, or you can open your heart to inclusion This country is for all of us.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
Askhalid:
It's a good decision by d Parents
unless the school is a Missionary School then I see no reason for the Hijaab denial

Freedom of religion is Guaranteed in every Matured Varsity, except d university operate one sided (pure Missionary or Pure Islamic Doctrine )

Since it can admit from any religion, then freedom of religion practice should be guaranteed, unless otherwise

I HAILED YORUBA MUSLIMS FOR STANDING WITH D STUDENT

YOU'RE WELCOME MASTER.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

Thank you for proving EXACTLY what I have been saying all along. You are a narrow minded bigoted religious chauvinist. So in your mind, any Muslim who wears the hijab is automatically a terrorist? grin

Poor lost Bitter hateful soul cheesy.

Choke on this

This is very nice from those Christian countries

Please show me any Islamist country that gives foreign Christians political position in their country.

MUSLIMS ARE INTOLERANT

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by MT: 10:10pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

There were once rules for colored only fountains. Once blacks were not allowed in several private institutions.

The racists who upheld the rules were just like you. Hateful bigots with arguments about rules.

The girl has engaged in her civil disobedience, she has been punisher, and now the real battle will start. Enjoy your triggered chauvinist tears. More and more Muslims will stand up for thier right to wear the hijab. You can continue to gnash your teeth in bewildered hatred, or you can open your heart to inclusion This country is for all of us.

Your vain attempt wishing to be treated differently will never change the course in ISI. You are comparing mangoes to apples. You have warped sense of analysis and judgement. I gave up on you when you were comparing RACISM to RULES in a private institution. I have seen ISI female students wearing hijab on the school uniform OUTSIDE the ISI premises. The school is not having any issue with that. The ISI rule is DO NOT wear ANY religion-affiliated objects or materials on the school uniform, this affects ALL religions. You can not even wear a rosary on that school uniform. Is that too hard a rule to follow?. Why not take your wards to Ahmadiya College if you find that offensive?. The world is tired of people like you who suffer from silly superiority complex.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by joobseekar: 10:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
Lol. From the three names, Ikhlass is masculine, Badiru is also masculine. Olasubomi is unisex but still tends toward masculine name.
In SW, they mostly write names starting with surname, then first name and lastly middle name, which implies that, the student's surname is Ikhlass, first name is Olasubomi (though unisex name in yoruba, but still tends toward masculine name) and Badiru is also a masculine name (the feminine type is Badira or Badirat).
With the above, it is safe to say, the offender or the recipient of the later is a male and not a female.
So do male student wear hijab? it's either the OP is lying, or there is something I'm not seeing. Again, the actual offense wasn't mentioned.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
MT:

Your vain attempt wishing to be treated differently will never change the course in ISI. You are comparing mangoes to apples. You have warped sense of analysis and judgement. I gave up on you when you were comparing RACISM to RULES in a private institution. I have seen ISI female students wearing hijab on the school uniform OUTSIDE the ISI premises. The school is not having any issue with that. The ISI rule is DO NOT wear ANY religion-affiliated objects or materials on the school uniform, this affects ALL religions. You can not even wear a rosary on that school uniform. Is that too hard a rule to follow?. Why not take your wards to Ahmadiya College if you find that offensive?. The world is tired of people like you who suffer from silly superiority complex.

You dont know there colored only fountains were rules? That black people standing up on the bus were rules?

You dont know rules can be changed?

Is ISI a CHRISTIAN school? Or you have somehow appropriated it? Why do you think women wear hijab with no issue in telecoms, oil companies, banks, etc?

Better face up to reality, bigoted hateful hypocrite. This country is not for only you. You better learn the tolerance you whine about.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2019
AgonyOfHell:

This is very nice from those Christian countries

Please show me any Islamist country that gives foreign Christians political position in their country.

MUSLIMS ARE INTOLERANT

Unfortunately for you, this is a multi religious, multi ethnic country. If you can't deal, emigrate to Ethiopia. Or Uganda.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by MT: 10:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

You dont know there colored only fountains were rules? That black people standing up on the bus were rules?

You dont know rules can be changed?

Is ISI a CHRISTIAN school? Or you have somehow appropriated it? Why do you think women wear hijab with no issue in telecoms, oil companies, banks, etc?

Better face up to reality, bigoted hateful hypocrite. This country is not for only you. You better learn the tolerance you whine about.

You are simply beyond redemption. I give up on you. Tough luck ahead....

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
MT:

You are simply beyond redemption. I give up on you. Tough luck ahead....

You are the one living in the glorious past when Muslim women could not cover their hair. Sorry, that time is gone. Learn tolerance. Stop being bigoted.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by MoIbrahim: 10:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
Pls mention one GOVERNMENT SCHOOL in a state in your so called "core north" collectively owned by Christians and Muslim that makes hijab compulsory.

The oyinbo man that invented the word terrorist must be crying each time he sees how many of you are now so confused about its meaning.

AgonyOfHell:

Christians are not allowed to wear hijab too,
You're a terrorist, if you don't want to follow the law of the school then get out!

Most schools in the Core North made it mandatory for all female students to put on hijab, you won't see Christians going there and trying to change the law by not covering their head with hijab, the Christians in those Northern schools put on Hijab.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Tushed: 10:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
Take your child to another school, shikena

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:36pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

You are the one living in the glorious past when Muslim women could not cover their hair. Sorry, that time is gone. Learn tolerance. Stop being bigoted.

You've been yelling bigotry up and down at people all over this thread... But anyone reading this will easily know that the bigotry, and intolerance, is actually within you. This guy has tried to tell you that the rule applies to all religions. But your bigotry can't even take it. Gosh... Your type make people see Islam in bad light. You are one of the bad representation of Muslims and Islam.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
ikennaf1:

You've been yelling bigotry up and down at people all over this thread... But anyone reading this will easily know that the bigotry, and intolerance, is actually within you. This guy has tried to tell you that the rule applies to all religions. But your bigotry can't even take it. Gosh... Your type make people see Islam in bad light. You are one of the bad representation of Muslims and Islam.

You are free to wallow in mental slavery of your bigotry.
It's all good. grin
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Nobody: 10:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:

You are free to wallow in mental slavery of your bigotry.
It's all good. grin

Lol... I expected you to use the same bigotry word on me too.. You didn't even try to disappoint.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by elmarafa20: 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
Ok who is looking for trouble here now?
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by olayinka63: 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
Tumbulum:
Muric war done start. Get ready to react.
South west is now competing with North in religious bigotry.
Ohh because it wasn't your tribe or your religion so they become bigot. You people are rejoicing because a group was ridiculed and you expect your group to be free of same? Wait your turn is coming
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by 2shure: 10:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
Mrs olowe. She has still not changed. An ugly sadistic woman. Ex ISI students of 94 to 2005 know saddlists such as.Mr akintilabor, mrs ukoyen,mr alabi, one tall black slim man like that.very wicked man he looked like a gambian man.most sadists were at old stagf room.
Then i used to hang out at basketball court near old staff room with uncle tony,he sold meatpies fresh and hot then for 50naira with a bottle of cold coke 70naira wayback 2001....
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by youska(m): 10:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
sesaan:
Muslims are so problematic any where you find them
Bros,just because Kafaya and Falila no gree date you after all your toasting. . . cheesy
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by olayinka63: 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
They are just hiding under school rule. We know it's hatred towards Muslims. Recently I read a news about a school in Australia changing their dress code because of a single female Muslim. I wonder what Nigeria Christians hate in hearing the word hijab even though their nun is also using it. That hijab has been giving them nightmare but they are comfortable seeing it on their nun because it's called in another word. Sincerely Muslims are the second class citizen in southwest because they have been fighting for all their rights before they get it. Not like western - Christo environment built for Christians with all their rights included by default.
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by Iamgrey5(m): 10:53pm On Oct 03, 2019
uuzba:

It's the only best school in Ibadan O.
ISI is not even amongst the best anymore or even among the 20 most expensive

There are numerous good schools in Ibadan

Kings college

Nickdel group of school (Nickdel, Moret and oluyole school)

The Vale college

Leed city college

Concord group of Schools

Amongst numerous others.

You clearly don't know Ibadan!
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by xelly: 10:54pm On Oct 03, 2019
A friend and an industrialist told me he doest have a religion. From our conversations, he knows nothing about any religion. It is your faith. Why force it on anyone? Any religious material should be used in your private. Show love to people, don't cheat, respect people that's enough.

Why do you have to dress in a religious attire? If I dress like a native doctor as a Doctor, will you allow me to treat you?
Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by CeterisXVII: 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
Yves4real:
This thread is just to create tension and remind the FG that the school's stand on hijab shouldn't stand. If NYSC approved its use then this school MUST approve it too.
OP, this your method is very very old.

What do you mean by 'must?' Is it NYSC that owns the school? These are two separate institutions for goodness sakes.

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by CeterisXVII: 11:09pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:
There is a large contingent of wealthy Muslim students in the school. Let’s see how long this woman can hold on to her bigotry.

This one is lying through his teeth. He can’t name the firm?
Let the Muslim students go to another school, if they cannot abide by the rules of this school. Na by force?

kolafolabi:
I see no reason why she should wear it to school that doesn't allow it. Changing her school will be better if her parents want her to wear it. After all, there are many Muslim schools in Ibadan.
Tell them, o! At last, someone is making a valid point!

Re: International School, University Of Ibadan Suspends Student For Wearing Hijab by CeterisXVII: 11:13pm On Oct 03, 2019
ornicus:
Choke on your bigotry. A girl wanting to wear hijab is causing trouble? You see the kind of bitter bigot you are? You think everyone will bend over and be subsumed by your culture?

You will see more and more hijabs. Muslims are a large contingent of this country. If you can't deal retreat to the farthest corners of your bush hamlet
Didn't she and her parents see the dress code or school uniform before they enrolled her in the school? Or were they not aware that hijab was not part of the uniform? shocked

New Theatre Arts Students Of UNICAL Had Their Induction (Photos) / Nigerian Lady With Masters In Law From A UK University Offered N35k As Salary / University Of Maiduguri Student Removes Shoes To Enter Lecturer's Office

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62