Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,436 members, 7,819,592 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player (19270 Views)

NPFL: Rivers United Petition LMC Over Jigawa Win For Fielding Ineligible Player / Loanee Matt Fined For Grabbing Denzel Dumfries' Manhood During Match / BREAKING: FIFA Fines Nigeria For Fielding Ineligible Player In World Cup Qualify (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by silverbirdng(f): 10:53am On Oct 03, 2019

Liverpool were fined £200,000 ($246,000) by the English Football League on Wednesday after fielding an ineligible player in their League Cup win at Milton Keynes Dons.

Spanish midfielder Pedro Chirivella featured as a substitute for Liverpool after coming on for the last 28 minutes of the 2-0 third-round win last week.

Chirivella, who had been on loan at Spanish club Extremadura last season, was not registered to play for Jurgen Klopp's side at Stadium MK.

Liverpool had not secured an international transfer certificate, which was required after the 22-year-old's return to Anfield following his loan.

It was suggested Liverpool could be kicked out of the League Cup as punishment.

But instead Liverpool have been fined, with £100,000 of the penalty suspended.

"Following a comprehensive review of all the evidence, the board determined that it wasn't appropriate to expel the club from the competition because of a number of mitigating factors," a Football League statement said.

A Liverpool club spokesperson said: "The club accepts the judgement, outcome and punishment imposed by the EFL.

"We believe it is proportionate with the technical indiscretion committed and will be making no further representations.

"Even though there were mitigating factors, which were beyond our control or jurisdiction, we believe it appropriate we apologise to the competition's governing body and also to Milton Keynes Dons."

Liverpool requested the paperwork in July but the process can only be completed with the English Football Association's intervention.

It is believed that is where the Champions League holders think the error has been made.

"In particular, the board noted that the club had sought the assistance of the Football Association in securing the return of the international clearance prior to the start of this season," the statement said.

Liverpool would be liable to pay the suspended £100,000, plus face an additional sanction, if they fielded an ineligible player again in the League Cup before the end of next season.

Source: https://www.afp.com/en/news/831/liverpool-fined-after-fielding-ineligible-player-doc-1kz7ei6

1 Share

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by ShitHead(m): 1:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
When are they going to fine Man-U for fielding wrong Manager?

69 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Vixlot: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
While Barcelona was fined 300 euros. If you do not get it ... Barcelona was fined three hundred euros only
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Authoreety: 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
It was wrong for Liverpool to have done that na...
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by emmabest2000(m): 1:26pm On Oct 03, 2019
You will never walk alone

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Jayslicky: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
Liverpool have always been failures when it comes to league cup, always going home after two matches.

They should be thrown out for breaking a rule, not to be fined.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by hisexcellency34: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
They can't retain Champions League
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by ecclize: 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
they should have been kicked out jooor...
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by timibare(m): 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
Make rain fall abeg.. i love the weather for two....bringing memories back cry
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by pawesome(m): 1:27pm On Oct 03, 2019
they suppose to expel them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Kpilo101: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
FA and BUHARI EFCC are one looting machine.
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by 1shortblackboy: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
ShitHead:
make una leave Ole na grin

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Nobody: 1:28pm On Oct 03, 2019
Okay
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Cajal(m): 1:29pm On Oct 03, 2019
If na for LA liga
Na expulsion

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by dejolly(m): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
Abeg leave my Liverpool alone.

Check my signature!
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by ewereff(m): 1:30pm On Oct 03, 2019
Nor be say he even score goal now. Them they pay fine.
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Lalaska(m): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
Quite a heavy fine IMO but we want to win as many trophies as possible this season so we will take it and remain in the competition. Up next FIFA club world Cup in December.
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Drekaz(m): 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2019
Jayslicky:
Liverpool have always been failures when it comes to league cup, always going home after two matches.

Haq haq haq haq...
you need FA number??
Maybe you can call them to throw them out please.
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Drekaz(m): 1:44pm On Oct 03, 2019
ShitHead:

Looool....make una leave me abeg

1 Like

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by rolams(m): 1:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
Jayslicky:

Who told you that? Where are you when Kenny Daglish won it for us? Revisit the history to confirm our past record.

3 Likes

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Googlemaniac: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
Liverpool my club

2 Likes

Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Starboytwo(m): 1:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
ShitHead:
he tire me ooo, I told my niggas that time, let's chill and get pochettino, I'm not sold on this guy from Malmo or whatever, but Dem no hear, dey got carried away with the mumu unbeaten.... I think Woodward should go too... Imagine make I never watch any man utd ball this season.... He never bad like this before
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by ShitHead(m): 1:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
Starboytwo:
he tire me ooo, I told my niggas that time, let's chill and get pochettino, I'm not sold on this guy from Malmo or whatever, but Dem no hear, dey got carried away with the mumu unbeaten.... I think Woodward should go too... Imagine make I never watch any man utd ball this season.... He never bad like this before

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by rasaqhassan: 2:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
that type of huge of money his much now
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by thundafire: 2:07pm On Oct 03, 2019
Vixlot:
While Barcelona was fined 300 euros. If you do not get it ... Barcelona was fined three hundred euros only
they complained dey fine is harsh
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by TGMISKY(m): 2:08pm On Oct 03, 2019
Vixlot:
And Chelsea was banned for 2 transfer windows for committing the same crime as Barcelona. Life is truly unfair
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Amstupid(m): 2:11pm On Oct 03, 2019
Y would u called me for a job of 500k per �� month undecided with trekking

While I dey do 40k per Ⓜ️ month for in side � car � wey get AC.... cool
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Bahddo(m): 2:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
Vixlot:
Barca wasn't fined for fielding an ineligible player and so it has nothing to do with this topic. In Spain, the penalty for fielding ineligible players is disqualification.
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by Bahddo(m): 2:20pm On Oct 03, 2019
TGMISKY:

And Chelsea was banned for 2 transfer windows for committing the same crime as Barcelona. Life is truly unfair
oga it wasn't the same 'crime' they were accused of. Chelsea was accused of signing foreign underage players, and was banned by FIFA.

Barcelona was accused of talking to Griezmann without Atletico's consent and was fined by the Spanish FA.
Re: Liverpool Fined For Fielding Pedro Chirivella, Ineligible Player by kombats: 2:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
Sometimes these FAs makes me laugh, Real Madrid was kicked out of Copa del rey for Fielding ineligible player by the Spanish FA, deserved punishment, Barcelona were fined €300 for inappropriately negotiating with Griezman and now, the English FA fined Liverpool £200k for fielding ineligible player instead of kicking them out.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Messi Can Quit Barca, If Catalonia Leaves Spain / Kabiru Baleria Is Dead! Kano Pillars Team Manager Dies At 57 / Eniola Aluko Wins Chelsea Women's Player Of The Year Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.