Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:55 AM

TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over (32575 Views)

Melinda Gates Quits The Bill And Melinda Gates Foundation / GSK Quits Kenya 4 Months After Nigeria Exit / Ayodeji Adewunmi Quits As The CEO Of Jobberman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by VillageHead: 2:36pm On Oct 03, 2019
Good

The chairman still has Danjuma in her name.
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by nogragra: 2:37pm On Oct 03, 2019
Drienzia:
Life sha. Some persons are just extremely rich while others barely have something to eat. Abi nor be same God create everybody? Some persons will say it’s hard work, so that mechanic in your street or that old carpenter isn’t hardworking? Some will say Grace, so some persons are not qualified for grace hence the reason for them being poor? Others will say you should draw nearer to God, so you mean Mayweather and co are closer to God than that old female evangelist in your street? This life sha, e get as e de go
What you don't understand is many in the Fact that God did not offer Jesus the wealth of this world but satan did the way he does with us all mere mortals. God Almighty don't offer things that will not last for ever. either we die or wealth finish is always the end result let us all be wise money don't have the solution to life..
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Carlyboi(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
Drienzia:
Life sha. Some persons are just extremely rich while others barely have something to eat. Abi nor be same God create everybody? Some persons will say it’s hard work, so that mechanic in your street or that old carpenter isn’t hardworking? Some will say Grace, so some persons are not qualified for grace hence the reason for them being poor? Others will say you should draw nearer to God, so you mean Mayweather and co are closer to God than that old female evangelist in your street? This life sha, e get as e de go
. If you’re meant to be very rich or wealthy in life it’s just gonna happen for you someway somehow there’s no blueprint to extreme wealth bro Escobar el chapp bezoar zuckerberg bill gates Jordan may weather diddy,McCartney e.t.c
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by jaxxy(m): 2:38pm On Oct 03, 2019
Welldone
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Chukazu: 2:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
Used oil rent from Niger Delta to buy up majority shares in different companies and keep deceiving the rest

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Ezeudo7: 2:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
owner of the country..Na this ones and obasanjos and buharis and babangidas and tinubus carry 9geria money..today's generation come dey carry lappy dey run from SARS!

2 Likes

Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by jbhitler(m): 2:41pm On Oct 03, 2019
Drienzia:
my broda e taya me.
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Switruth: 2:49pm On Oct 03, 2019
People that have the entire country in their pockets are just few.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by itu404(m): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2019
CONGRATULATION MY SENATOR, You do have an impressive C.V
BUT can we still find such crops in this era of self styled celebrities and nollywood stars we do not have much mentors out there for our kids. worrisome.
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by klas(m): 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2019
aguiyi2:
Keeping it in the family.Danjuma will be looking back in regret what has become of his Nigeria dream.

What is Nigeria of his dream?

Financing the activities of P&ID?

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Epiphany(m): 3:02pm On Oct 03, 2019
Drienzia:

Brother, be like say you dey inside my mind. Been thinking about this for weeks now because I just taya for the hustle.
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by NonFarmPayrol: 3:25pm On Oct 03, 2019
Carlyboi:
. If you’re meant to be very rich or wealthy in life it’s just gonna happen for you someway somehow there’s no blueprint to extreme wealth bro Escobar el chapp bezoar zuckerberg bill gates Jordan may weather diddy,McCartney e.t.c

True

When I saw what crypto did to me and my friends in 2017
I knew that this life na by opportunity
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by sonnie10: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2019
So this man is the chairman of M&B , just as one of his side business.
All these s while, some people thought Orange Drugs was the biggest guy in pharmaceuticals.
Money has no master indeed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Agugbadin: 3:40pm On Oct 03, 2019
Who cares, good for him.
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Sleevia: 3:45pm On Oct 03, 2019
peteruuu:
shocked

Ha!

Ehanire that doesn't even talk while at the senate.

There is a house she own in Benin. No single soul in that house, just soldiers.

1 Like

Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by webngnews: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2019
Hmmm
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by McTobe(m): 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2019
The question you are asking is valid and it is right for anyone whose spirit is still alert and not just indolent to seek for answers to those questions. I will refer you to a book I read which cleared all these doubts and has given me a new perspective to life. The book is IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH (THE GRAIL MESSAGE). Just get the book and read and you yourself will find the answer which you seek.
Drienzia:
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by ChoCho54(f): 4:15pm On Oct 03, 2019
jagabanlewis:
That fine woman dt year
Yeaa... senator Daisy.
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by ChoCho54(f): 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2019
McTobe:
The question you are asking is valid and it is right for anyone whose spirit is still alert and not just indolent to seek for answers to those questions. I will refer you to a book I read which cleared all these doubts and has given me a new perspective to life. The book is IN THE LIGHT OF TRUTH (THE GRAIL MESSAGE). Just get the book and read and you yourself will find the answer which you seek.
Why not just kukuma tell him that karma is dealing with him because he was rich in his first life?
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Carlyboi(m): 4:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
NonFarmPayrol:

True

When I saw what crypto did to me and my friends in 2017
I knew that this life na by opportunity
. No lies bro the money go just dey find you come plenty plenty ni!
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by comodo: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2019
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

Former Minister of Defence, Lt. Gen. Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma (Rtd), has retired as a Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors May & Baker Nigeria Plc.

A statement issued by the firm disclosed that the former military top brass exited the position at the board meeting of the company held on Friday, September 27, 2019 at MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos.

In the disclosure to update the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), shareholders and the investing public, May & Baker said wife of the retiring Chairman, Senator Daisy Ehanire Danjuma, has been appointed to fill the vacant position with immediate effect.

Mrs Danjuma was born on August 6,1952 in Benin City, Edo State. She was first appointed to the board of directors of the firm on July 30, 1999 until October 8, 2003 and later on May 30, 2019.

The new Chairman is a law graduate of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria with over four decades post-call experience having been called to the Nigerian bar in 1977.

She worked as a State Counsel in Lagos State Ministry of Justice (DPP), a pioneer legal counsel to the Legal Aid Council. She was Company Secretary/Legal Adviser to the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) from 1982 to 1992.

Mrs Danjuma was elected Senator from 2003-2007 and while at the upper chamber of the National Assembly, she was a member of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) and Chairman, Women and Child Right Committee of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS Parliament).

She was also the Chairman, Senate Committee on Women Affairs and Youth Development and served as member, Senate Committees on Health, Education, Finance, Land and Transport of the National Assembly.

She was the Chairman of South Atlantic Petroleum Limited from 1999 to 2003. She is an alumnus of the Lagos Business School (LBS) and a member of the International Bar Association (IBA), the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and the International Federation of Female Lawyers (FIDA).

Mrs Danjuma is a Trustee of the Obafemi Awolowo Foundation and HID Awolowo Foundation. She is the Chairman, Board of Trustees of Lagos Public Interest Law Partnership and currently the Executive Vice Chairman of South Atlantic Petroleum Limited.

https://businesspost.ng/2019/10/03/ty-danjuma-quits-as-may-baker-chairman-wife-takes-over/
Enjoying the spoils of war.
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Badonasty(m): 5:39pm On Oct 03, 2019
dipoolowoo:
By Dipo Olowookere

Former Minister of Defence, Lt. Gen. Theophilus Yakubu Danjuma (Rtd), has retired as a Director and Chairman of the Board of Directors May & Baker Nigeria Plc.

A statement issued by the firm disclosed that the former military top brass exited the position at the board meeting of the company held on Friday, September 27, 2019 at MUSON Centre, Onikan, Lagos.

In the disclosure to update the Nigerian Stock Exchange (NSE), shareholders and the investing public, May & Baker said wife of the retiring Chairman, Senator Daisy Ehanire Danjuma, has been appointed to fill the vacant position with immediate effect.

Mrs Danjuma was born on August 6,1952 in Benin City, Edo State. She was first appointed to the board of directors of the firm on July 30, 1999 until October 8, 2003 and later on May 30, 2019.

The new Chairman is a law graduate of the Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria with over four decades post-call experience having been called to the Nigerian bar in 1977.

She worked as a State Counsel in Lagos State Ministry of Justice (DPP), a pioneer legal counsel to the Legal Aid Council. She was Company Secretary/Legal Adviser to the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) from 1982 to 1992.

Mrs Danjuma was elected Senator from 2003-2007 and while at the upper chamber of the National Assembly, she was a member of the Commonwealth Parliamentary Association (CPA) and Chairman, Women and Child Right Committee of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS Parliament).

She was also the Chairman, Senate Committee on Women Affairs and Youth Development and served as member, Senate Committees on Health, Education, Finance, Land and Transport of the National Assembly.

She was the Chairman of South Atlantic Petroleum Limited from 1999 to 2003. She is an alumnus of the Lagos Business School (LBS) and a member of the International Bar Association (IBA), the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) and the International Federation of Female Lawyers (FIDA).

Mrs Danjuma is a Trustee of the Obafemi Awolowo Foundation and HID Awolowo Foundation. She is the Chairman, Board of Trustees of Lagos Public Interest Law Partnership and currently the Executive Vice Chairman of South Atlantic Petroleum Limited.

https://businesspost.ng/2019/10/03/ty-danjuma-quits-as-may-baker-chairman-wife-takes-over/

The funniest thing is that if TY Danjuma that wasn't even head of state can be so rich come imagine the kain money wey go dey Obasanjo hand
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Rapmoney(m): 6:04pm On Oct 03, 2019
Drienzia:
If I go fit see you, I go buy like 6 bottles of beer for you!
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by pweeryambre: 6:19pm On Oct 03, 2019
Drienzia:
lol... your writing skill is just so funny, I like it
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by pweeryambre: 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2019
Rapmoney:
If I go fit see you, I go buy like 6 bottles of beer for you!
lol .. six bottles? Kai. you will not give him money?
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by obama30: 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2019
[quote author=dipoolowoo post=82802210]By Dipo Olowookere

https://businesspost.ng/2019/10/03/ty-danjuma-quits-as-may-baker-chairman-wife-takes-over/[/quo

Why addressing as chairman? i though a woman heading organization is call chairperson or is she working with husband third leg. this poster self
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by Lanre0: 7:46pm On Oct 03, 2019
Danjuma is one of the few holding the jugular vein of the Nation. Thievery master of Nigeria
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by McTobe(m): 8:14pm On Oct 03, 2019
That is not true. There is no straight jacket one size fits it all in creation as regards people’s experience. He did not say that he is poor. Moreover, everything is relative. What of if his experiences are to prepare him for a work that he will do for the general good of humanity tomorrow? Yes karma returns what people do to them but there are also Mission karma in which case an individual suffer not because he committed any sin but in order to serve out of love.
ChoCho54:
Why not just kukuma tell him that karma is dealing with him because he was rich in his first life?
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by CioAngels(f): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2019
Should i say they own May and Baker after the original owners left? May and Baker have really withstood test of time. In the 60's may grandmother will ask us to go and buy her M&B without knowing what M&B meant, not until few years ago when i saw the red sachet written M&B i got to know what my beautiful uneducated grandmother meant by M&B. From that day M&B became my only pain relieve and i have no regret and big thanks to my grandmother. I now make sure it is what my children takes when necessary and needed to be taken. M&B, congratulations for your long years in operation of good and trusted product.
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by piagetskinner(m): 9:17pm On Oct 03, 2019
In Nigeria the rich keep getting richer...

The best way not to be left out, is to be rich yourself
Re: TY Danjuma Quits As May & Baker Chairman, Daisy Danjuma Takes Over by ChoCho54(f): 9:48pm On Oct 03, 2019
McTobe:
That is not true. There is no straight jacket one size fits it all in creation as regards people’s experience. He did not say that he is poor. Moreover, everything is relative. What of if his experiences are to prepare him for a work that he will do for the general good of humanity tomorrow? Yes karma returns what people do to them but there are also Mission karma in which case an individual suffer not because he committed any sin but in order to serve out of love.
I was not trying to make sense, just preempting the kind of terminology you'd soon start dishing out lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Photos Of Ariaria Market, Aba After Heavy Downpour Yesterday / Shell 2015 Livewire Apply Now!! / Banks Lose Over N1bn As Hoodlums Wreck ATMs, Branches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.