Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:30 AM

The Inefficiency Of Govt Selling Us To Edc's - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Inefficiency Of Govt Selling Us To Edc's (182 Views)

Why Westernized Nigerians Are selling us GMOs and more / US Report: Massive, Pervasive Corruption At All Levels Of Govt / There Is Some Level Of Inefficiency In INEC - President Buhari [Video] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Inefficiency Of Govt Selling Us To Edc's by beila05(m): 8:42pm On Oct 03, 2019
This piece can be viewed from different perspective.... And may be lengthy ,but i am an angry Nigerian barely able to make sense of the current power situation in my area

I live in a rented apartment, when i moved in i met a bill of about 128k and under the current regime , Ikeja distribution company to be precise does not allow you to pay just your current bill, we must pay part of the outstanding bills and i have managed to pay this bill to about 52k in less than a year, need i mention that i live in a mini flat, one bedroom apartment, and that we have made frantic efforts to get a prepaid metre severally but no show.

I branched to see a friend on my back from work today, and i met him on the phone arguing with a ikeja distribution staff apparently from akowonjo, cause i heard him say akowonjo severally, he came home to meet his power disconnected,because according to IKEDC his neighbor has by passed his prepaid metre, and so therefore every single flat that had their own seperate metres was disconnected, Need i mention that he has no outstanding and recharges his metre every month, i was consoling him and the IKEDC staff was busy telling him he should monitor his neighbors, infact we barely spoke because he was on the phone all through, i consoled him and headed straight home.

I got home and behold my street was in darkness amidst power everywhere, i enquired to what the problem was and i was told that my whole street was disconnected because some houses on the street refused to pay their bills and therefore hard working ,bill paying person's like us don't deserve power, I also learnt that IKEDC also said it is our responsibility to make sure that we get our neighbors to pay their bills. I stay in sanusi street in oko oba agege, if IKEDC officials need me, i would be there to testify anywhere.

Now all this can happen because Nigerian Govt sold us to the disco's imagine i had the option of changing disco, this ineptitude wouldn't be happening we are complaining of the absence of prepaid metres, and if we buy them ourselves , this same IKEDC would come and seize it, then now they want us to start paying the bills of our neighbors if we want power. I am ready to die on this matter as i would take two weeks off work to go the highest authority possible to report this, and i am available to testify anywhere anytime with evidence of all payments and pictures of the officials who disconnected our whole street.

In the interim does anybody know how i can make a formal complaint with NERC and any other authority, i have all my receipts, acknowleged letters written to IKEDC by my street and video evidence of clothed IKEDC staff telling my neighbors that if we want power, we either pay their bills or force our owing neighbors to pay their debts. Please i would be reading comments on how i can report this issue, help a brother, if we all fold our arms and watch ,you be next to suffer this...thanks in anticipation
Re: The Inefficiency Of Govt Selling Us To Edc's by budaatum: 9:01pm On Oct 03, 2019
No, this did not "happen because Nigerian Govt sold us to the disco's" ! It is happening because your street is too timid to go and fight for its rights!

Please come back and tell us what you did about it so others can learn.

(1) (Reply)

Re; Ode To Nigeria @ 59... / Nigeria's Sovereignty And The Exemplary Leadership Of The Nigerian Army / There Is Not A Single Thread In This Section Without Tribal Bashing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.