Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,298 members, 7,954,192 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:53 PM

Don't Write People Off. - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Don't Write People Off. (2616 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Don't Write People Off. by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 04, 2019

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Write People Off. by Iogobenz(m): 4:54pm On Oct 04, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
You seriously have issues. What just offended you? undecided
Your tone.
There are better ways to be inquisitive,especially to strangers.
Regards.
Re: Don't Write People Off. by Richy4(m): 5:07pm On Oct 04, 2019
MedicH:

You're horrible. I may have to ask, how many people have you killed and why?

grin grin grin
Re: Don't Write People Off. by Belafonte(m): 6:03pm On Oct 04, 2019
sisisioge:

Oh...let me leave you and her then grin

...and stop flirting with me Oba!
Imagine such meanness. I know she’s cool and all, but not today mami

I’m not flirting, just teasing my baby girl
Re: Don't Write People Off. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
Iogobenz:
Your tone.
Regards.
Oga, it's in your head. You were not insulted, but felt insulted. I only asked questions. Perhaps, you projected your aggression at the wrong direction.

My regards too.

8 Likes

Re: Don't Write People Off. by BBBmall25: 10:50am On Oct 05, 2019
Good Gurl
Re: Don't Write People Off. by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 10:56am On Oct 05, 2019
Iogobenz:
Your tone.
Regards.

You're seriously mad.

4 Likes

Re: Don't Write People Off. by Iogobenz(m): 12:08pm On Oct 05, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

You're seriously mad.
Go and converse with Your likes and address your problems!
I am not the cause of it,little gnat.
smiley
Re: Don't Write People Off. by louisa4luv(f): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
We filled the form and submitted, but the customer care agent began harassing him that his signature was inconsistent. He asked that she calls the bank manager or direct us to his/her office. As they were arguing, the bank manager came and equally stated that the signature was inconsistent. They begged him to change from writing to thump print, but he refused. Stating that he has his reasons for not wanting to change signatures and one of which was that he will soon gain his sight. At this point, I was shocked and almost felt like crying. He told them to tell him what they could see(difference between what's on the system and the one he has written down) but they refused, telling him it's against their principles. I understood that very well, but needed to know if both signatures were completely different, and they said "yes". A blind man who signs his signature like an art work would definitely make errors 'cause he doesn't see what he inscribes. After wasting over an hour, he was made to sign again and the card issued to him.

I gave him the issued card and we needed to choose a pin on POS. When we got there, I offered to take his hand to where the keys were so he could input his pin, but he said something I can't forget so soon, he gave me a 4 digit pin to input and I told him it's meant to be confidential, but he said "What more information could I possibly hide from you when you just filled in my bank details?". I looked at him, then proceeded to enter the pin. We left the bank and I needed to know where I would drop him, but in stead, he wanted to know where I was headed. I told him and we went there together. On getting there, we charged his gadgets and laptop for another 2 hours- I saw a blind man operate a laptop. Went together to where he needed to make payments for a programme he was applying for. He's so learned and full of hope. BTW, he's in his 50s, wasn't born blind. Became blind in his 40s with a good job and businesses. I wanted to be certified after school, but he opened my eyes to the fact that it would be better for me to get certified next year. We now talk like everyday 'cause if he doesn't call, I would. I feel he may be in danger when I don't see him, only to remind myself he's been taking care of himself. I feel there's still so much to learn from him. Things I won't have been exposed to if I'd not met him. I am happy he's undergoing medication to gain his sight medically in University of Ibadan Teaching hospital. I wished I were God on meeting this man to help restore his sight.
Well done for the bravery and selflessness. But what about his wife and children?
Re: Don't Write People Off. by okikiosibodu(m): 12:07am On Oct 07, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
We filled the form and submitted, but the customer care agent began harassing him that his signature was inconsistent. He asked that she calls the bank manager or direct us to his/her office. As they were arguing, the bank manager came and equally stated that the signature was inconsistent. They begged him to change from writing to thump print, but he refused. Stating that he has his reasons for not wanting to change signatures and one of which was that he will soon gain his sight. At this point, I was shocked and almost felt like crying. He told them to tell him what they could see(difference between what's on the system and the one he has written down) but they refused, telling him it's against their principles. I understood that very well, but needed to know if both signatures were completely different, and they said "yes". A blind man who signs his signature like an art work would definitely make errors 'cause he doesn't see what he inscribes. After wasting over an hour, he was made to sign again and the card issued to him.

I gave him the issued card and we needed to choose a pin on POS. When we got there, I offered to take his hand to where the keys were so he could input his pin, but he said something I can't forget so soon, he gave me a 4 digit pin to input and I told him it's meant to be confidential, but he said "What more information could I possibly hide from you when you just filled in my bank details?". I looked at him, then proceeded to enter the pin. We left the bank and I needed to know where I would drop him, but in stead, he wanted to know where I was headed. I told him and we went there together. On getting there, we charged his gadgets and laptop for another 2 hours- I saw a blind man operate a laptop. Went together to where he needed to make payments for a programme he was applying for. He's so learned and full of hope. BTW, he's in his 50s, wasn't born blind. Became blind in his 40s with a good job and businesses. I wanted to be certified after school, but he opened my eyes to the fact that it would be better for me to get certified next year. We now talk like everyday 'cause if he doesn't call, I would. I feel he may be in danger when I don't see him, only to remind myself he's been taking care of himself. I feel there's still so much to learn from him. Things I won't have been exposed to if I'd not met him. I am happy he's undergoing medication to gain his sight medically in University of Ibadan Teaching hospital. I wished I were God on meeting this man to help restore his sight.
Thank you for sharing. By the way, thus your moniker sef
I have been in positions to help blind people on the road too, but something puzzles me, which I stil don't have an ans to, maybe you can help out. Many of them I help out, they hav just that foldable rod with them and probably a bag strapped to their backs or shoulders.... The question is... Is there no way a guide can be accompanying them? Maybe a young child or something?
I was talking to a friend one day when I saw a blind man heading to anm stairs unknowingly to him and without his stick. I had to rush to his rescue, I spent several minutes guiding him down the stairs as I told him ent to raid his legs or drop them, and completely forgot my friend (he wasn't upset cos his understood, but I was feeling bad for the action). I eventually handed him over to the said friend for him to take him to the car park cos it was not my route. I usus2deel uneasy when I see such in the road. I usually wish I could take them to their homes, at least to be sure of their safety cos it really gives me concerns
Re: Don't Write People Off. by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Thank you for sharing. By the way, thus your moniker sef
I have been in positions to help blind people on the road too, but something puzzles me, which I stil don't have an ans to, maybe you can help out. Many of them I help out, they hav just that foldable rod with them and probably a bag strapped to their backs or shoulders.... The question is... Is there no way a guide can be accompanying them? Maybe a young child or something?
I was talking to a friend one day when I saw a blind man heading to anm stairs unknowingly to him and without his stick. I had to rush to his rescue, I spent several minutes guiding him down the stairs as I told him ent to raid his legs or drop them, and completely forgot my friend (he wasn't upset cos his understood, but I was feeling bad for the action). I eventually handed him over to the said friend for him to take him to the car park cos it was not my route. I usus2deel uneasy when I see such in the road. I usually wish I could take them to their homes, at least to be sure of their safety cos it really gives me concerns
I have never seen a wandering blind man before now, the few I've seen had guides. I also suggested that to this man, but he said his stay here was temporary.
Re: Don't Write People Off. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:12am On Oct 07, 2019
GrabHisBalls:
I have never seen a wandering blind man before now, the few I've seen had guides. I also suggested that to this man, but he said his stay here was temporary.
In Lag here, I see many of them. I get scared on their behalf, that they don't get robbed.... It is not an impossibility to Rob a blind man here. Thank you for your time
Re: Don't Write People Off. by Blackmiserable(m): 5:16pm On Oct 07, 2019
MedicH:

You're horrible. I may have to ask, how many people have you killed and why?

I had to like your profile pics because of this comment, lmao, but my guy, that was brutal.
Re: Don't Write People Off. by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

In Lag here, I see many of them. I get scared on their behalf, that they don't get robbed.... It is not an impossibility to Rob a blind man here. Thank you for your time
My time meant nothing when compared to what I got from him. Though, it wasn't monetary, but it's life changing. Thanks for stoping by.
Re: Don't Write People Off. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 18, 2019
This thread brought smiles to my face honestly.

Very humbling to read because I'm not even a patient person & might not be able to do all of that.

(1) (2) (Reply)

A Philippines/nigeria Lady Looking For Nigeria Father / Torn Between Two Chief Bridesmaid / Have You Got Any Reason Why You Think Incest Is Wrong?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.