Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,556 members, 7,820,011 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:23 AM

Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria (1738 Views)

Nigeria Devalues Naira In Bid To Attract Foreign Investors - Financial Times / Jos Delight Holds Reception For Prospective Investors In Plateau (Photos, Video) / Foreign Investors Buy Out Nigerian Shareholders In Seven-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:16am On Oct 04, 2019
Na wa for Yoruba people
So Nigeria dominated the list of tech startups in Africa and I decided to check the owners of the company running this things and I saw majorly Yoruba people effectively Yoruba people are calling the shots in a $8bn IT market flutter wave alone is worth $200m and this guys are all under 30 years Andela founded by a Yoruba boy made over $50m in revenue, over the 153 tech start ups in Nigeria 139 was from Yoruba boys effectively Yorubas developed more IT firms than any other country in Africa

Very wise move as Nigeria leaves oil Yorubas are leading the way in a digital economy I have no doubts that the Yorubas vision of leadership is ideal for Nigeria let everyone manage what they have

While some other noise makers are draining dollars from Nigerians reserve by importing items we don’t need
Yorubas are attracting dollars to Nigeria on a massive scale end of my 2 cents

Also a lot of these start ups by Yorubas are being backed by foreign banks now they don’t even need Nigerian banks again great job our brothers from the west

5 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Simplyleo: 1:25am On Oct 04, 2019
Just IT and you are jubilating?

Have you forgotten our blodas from that side have taken over 98% of the universe? grin

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:29am On Oct 04, 2019
Simplyleo:

Have you forgotten our blodas from that side have taken over 98% of the universe? grin

I’m not jubilanting but I’m impressed with that feat it’s the future. As oil falls in price
Yaba tech is growing remember Mark Zuckerberg was mostly mingling with Yoruba people when he cans unannounced before Buhari met with him
By the time Nigeria’s economy goes fully digital
Yoruba will extend and maintain the hold it has on Nigeria’s economy
Remember Paga by a Yoruba man too
These guys are planning ahead men
I give it to them

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:31am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:
Na wa for Yoruba people
So Nigeria dominated the list of tech startups in Africa and I decided to check the owners of the company running this things and I saw majorly Yoruba people effectively Yoruba people are calling the shots in a $8bn IT market flutter wave alone is worth $200m and this guys are all under 30 years Andela founded by a Yoruba boy made over $50m in revenue, over the 153 tech start ups in Nigeria 139 was from Yoruba boys effectively Yorubas developed more IT firms than any other country in Africa

Very wise move as Nigeria leaves oil Yorubas are leading the way in a digital economy I have no doubts that the Yorubas vision of leadership is ideal for Nigeria let everyone manage what they have

While some other noise makers are draining dollars from Nigerians reserve by importing items we don’t need

Also a lot of these start ups by Yorubas are being backed by foreign banks now they don’t even need Nigerian banks again great job our brothers from the west
I just laugh at people like u .....
There are two type of business men in nigeria
The Yoruba's ...they like formal business with nice office ,attend seminars and talk shows answer CEO buy every year post lose

Andela guy just sacked lost of staff told people months back that business was not sustainable

Jumia ,konga ,jobberman ,are all under this level ...just name but never make profit

Then there is the Igbo n Hausa man ,they are after one thing and one thing alone ....thats profit nothing more ...they don't care about name n fine building

What I'm saying most IT companies are not profitable ....Igbo's in IT prefer to design apps n sale ,and there is no name on that

The crypto currency industry in nigeria is maned by mostly Igbo's ....but we just don't like to show off

Don't deserved

6 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:32am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:

I’m not jubilanting but I’m impressed with that feat it’s the future. As oil falls in price
Yaba tech is growing remember Mark Zuckerberg was mostly mingling with Yoruba people when he cans unannounced before Buhari met with him
By the time Nigeria’s economy goes fully digital
Yoruba will extend and maintain the hold it has on Nigeria’s economy
Remember Paga by a Yoruba man too
These guys are planning ahead men
I give it to them
The highest app sold by an African was done by an Igbo guy sold for a billion dollars

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:34am On Oct 04, 2019
Simplyleo:

CChub has also bought Kenya Ihub effectively having the largest hub in Africa Biko they are forgetting about oil and matching into the future

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:37am On Oct 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

The highest app sold by an African was done by an Igbo guy sold for a billion dollars

That’s a lie
The price was undisclosed
And he’s based in USA
I’m talking about based in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:38am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:

That’s a lie
The price was undisclosed
And he’s based in USA
I’m talking about based in Nigeria
Lol when it comes to IT the world is a global village

Have u ever heard about tennece ? This is a company that run the IT data base of over 15 tertiary institution in nigeria ...owned by an Enugu guy ...u won't hear his name

Bro IT industry is like show biz most people like to show but have nothing

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:38am On Oct 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

I just laugh at people like u .....
There are two type of business men in nigeria
The Yoruba's ...they like formal business with nice office ,attend seminars and talk shows answer CEO buy every year post lose

Andela guy just sacked lost of staff told people months back that business was not sustainable

Jumia ,konga ,jobberman ,are all under this level ...just name but never make profit

Then there is the Igbo n Hausa man ,they are after one thing and one thing alone ....thats profit nothing more ...they don't care about name n fine building

What I'm saying most IT companies are not profitable ....Igbo's in IT prefer to design apps n sale ,and there is no name on that

The crypto currency industry in nigeria is maned by mostly Igbo's ....but we just don't like to show off

Don't deserved

Andela is still raking $50m revenue so I don’t know what your saying
Jumia still holds a popular name in Nigeria
Jobberman is still successful even Nairaland is owned by a Yoruba man

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:39am On Oct 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

Lol when it comes to IT the world is a global village

And what is the name of these app and the guy sef May I check I see very little Igbo representation in IT
Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:42am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:

When last did jumia post profit

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:44am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:

And what is the name of these app and the guy sef May I check I see very little Igbo representation in IT
Chinedu Echeruo

HopStop.com.

Its not buy being popular

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:46am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:

Revenue is not profit say ...50m dollars revenue what's that

Tennece beats that hands down I'm sure

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:46am On Oct 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

When last did jumia post profit

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/12/african-e-commerce-startup-jumias-shares-open-at-14-50-in-nyse-ipo/

The same Jumia that’s now pan African with $1bn valuations

I must give it them a job well done effectively if Nigeria goes it separate ways
They have remittance( Yorubas are the most travelled st least in Canada USA and uk which remit the most money to Nigeria ) and tech start ups to sustain themselves

3 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:47am On Oct 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

Chinedu Echeruo

HopStop.com.

Its not buy being popular

Good for Chinedu I didn’t say there were not igbos I said it’s dominated by Yorubas that’s my point

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:48am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/04/12/african-e-commerce-startup-jumias-shares-open-at-14-50-in-nyse-ipo/

The same Jumia that’s now pan African with $1bn valuations

I must give it them a job well done effectively if Nigeria goes it separate ways
They have remittance( Yorubas are the most travelled st least in Canada USA and uk which remit the most money to Nigeria ) and tech start ups to sustain themselves
Yoruba's are the most traveled ? OK I give up
Too muck media lies has killed u bro

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:49am On Oct 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

Based on my own experience o
At least I have been in Canada now for a year na Yoruba full Vancouver Alberta & Ontario same thing with USA and uk at least in those 3

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:51am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:

Good for Chinedu I didn’t say there were not igbos I said it’s dominated by Yorubas that’s my point
U can't say , Igbo men prefer there business underground mostly to avoid tax I'm sure they are same in IT industry ...

If not that I know tennece first hand won't even know they made so much money

I'm sure u never heard of them ...but trust me they are one of the best company to work in nigeria

IT start up are nothing ....app design is the main money spinner

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by mrvitalis(m): 1:52am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:

Based on my own experience o
At least I have been in Canada now for a year na Yoruba full Vancouver Alberta & Ontario same thing with USA and uk at least in those 3
Lol oga Igbo man no go show u say him be Igbo man abroad ....unlike Yoruba's ....let's have regional government aha I go open so many people eyes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Bridget95(f): 1:56am On Oct 04, 2019
I thought yorubas are not chestbesters until I saw this post.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 1:59am On Oct 04, 2019
Bridget95:
I thought yorubas are not chestbesters until I saw this post.

Aunty I be edo man

4 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 3:12am On Oct 04, 2019
!
Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by MetaPhysical: 4:39am On Oct 04, 2019
Osaze007:
Na wa for Yoruba people

MainOne - Yoruba
Ntel - Yoruba
Glo - Yoruba

These three have equity ownership in the intercontinental submarine cable connecting from Europe to West Africa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by ufotty2001: 4:42am On Oct 04, 2019
you also fail to tell us that yoruba have also taken over human head mining.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by helinues: 4:43am On Oct 04, 2019
Sorry we don't brag...

Try next
Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Osaze007: 4:48am On Oct 04, 2019
ufotty2001:
you also fail to tell us that yoruba have also taken over human head mining.

Smh every tribe has its bad side just how igbos have exported baby factory to SW.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 5:02am On Oct 04, 2019
mrvitalis:

In the UK, USA, and Canada, yoruba have the most population. It’s a fact known to even most Igbos.

If you’re talking about Europe or Asia, I won’t deny the Igbos are enormous in that side but within that 3 countries up there, the Yorubas dominate.

I also saw you talked about the IT guys not making profit, that’s the most rubbish statement I’ve ever heard. Not all IT make profit but those that are established are crazily rich.

If you’ve lived in the USA, IT companies alone in Silicon Valley generates a lot of revenue and infact IT is the future.

Ya’ll always talk about Igbo traders like we don’t also have Yoruba, Hausa, and other tribes traders. You always make it seem like you own the monopoly of trading and that’s a ridiculous assumption. We have a lot of importers that are of different tribes, the Yorubas are known to have the largest concentration of artisans, mechanics, etc beside the Iya oloja selling Aso ebi and all.

Tho the OP need not project the Yoruba as the best in IT, it’s already an established fact so no need of louding it again.

Can you see the population statistics of both Yorubas and Igbos in USA

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Ndibunna: 5:09am On Oct 04, 2019
Another express news fully loaded today.

They were defeated in a supposed thread and now Tech filled with Lagos-Ibadan express magazine/news.

I want to ask do West which are mostly Yorubas do take this propaganda and Carry their brothers along in Togo and Benin republic.

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Ndibunna: 5:11am On Oct 04, 2019
LegendHero:

In the UK, USA, and Canada, yoruba have the most population. It’s a fact known to even most Igbos.

If you’re talking about Europe or Asia, I won’t deny the Igbos are enormous in that side but within that 3 countries up there, the Yorubas dominate.

I also saw you talked about the IT guys not making profit, that’s the most rubbish statement I’ve ever heard. Not all IT make profit but those that are established are crazily rich.

If you’ve lived in the USA, IT companies alone in Silicon Valley generates a lot of revenue and infact IT is the future.

Ya’ll always talk about Igbo traders like we don’t also have Yoruba, Hausa, and other tribes traders. You always make it seem like you own the monopoly of trading and that’s a ridiculous assumption. We have a lot of importers that are of different tribes, the Yorubas are known to have the largest concentration of artisans, mechanics, etc beside the Iya oloja selling Aso ebi and all.

Tho the OP need not project the Yoruba as the best in IT, it’s already an established fact so no need of louding it again.

leave Wikipedia that is been edited every minute. Infact leave propaganda, we already know you guys for that one.

I want to ask a very sincere question

Hope you guys carry your brothers and sisters, your people, your blood in Benin republic and Togo along in all these feats and achievements?

1 Like

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by LegendHero(m): 5:16am On Oct 04, 2019
Ndibunna:

leave Wikipedia that is been edited every minute. Infact leave propaganda, we already know you guys for that one.

I want to ask a very sincere question

Hope you guys carry your brothers and sisters, your people, your blood in Benin republic and Togo along in all these feats and achievements?

This is not a matter of propaganda, for USA, UK, and Canada, Yourba got the most representation.

Now to your question, I really don’t know much about the Yorubas in Benin and Togo, maybe some other Yorubas on here could better answer your question.

Gracias.
Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Ndibunna: 5:21am On Oct 04, 2019
LegendHero:

This is not a matter of propaganda, for USA, UK, and Canada, Yourba got the most representation.

Now to your question, I really don’t know much about the Yorubas in Benin and Togo, maybe some other Yorubas on here could better answer your question.

Gracias.

The highest thing I hate in my life is outright and barefaced denial.

Very sad indeed.

Who in this age, infact grown up will say that he/she is not aware of Yorubas in Benin and Togo.

Same culture, language, dressing, sane everything and you look into my face telling me you don't know.

You can do better than this lie.

Too bad.

2 Likes

Re: Yorubas Have Taken Over IT & Foreign Investors In Nigeria by Iamgrey5(m): 5:28am On Oct 04, 2019
Ndibunna:

The highest thing I hate in my life is outright and barefaced denial.

Very sad indeed.

Who in this age, infact grown up will say that he/she is not aware of Yorubas in Benin and Togo

Same culture, language, dressing, sane everything and you look into my face telling me you don't know.

You can do better than this lie.

Too bad.
@ emboldened so what are you saying exactly.

(1) (2) (Reply)

g / Are You Looking For A Profitable Business To Embark Upon? / Starting A City Taxi Company.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.