Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,070 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa (4848 Views)

PDP Flags Hoisted Wrongly At the Just Concluded Convention (Pictures) / Fact-Check: No Taliban Flag Was Hoisted In NEMA's Office / What Buhari Said While Receiving His WAEC Certificate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Ritzy10(f): 3:18am On Oct 04, 2019
Did South Africa Disrespect The Nigeria Flag? (Pictured)

As I was watching BBC Africa yesterday during President Buhari's visit to his counterpart, Ramaphosa, I made some observations that really got me thinking.

One was the way the Nigeria flag was flow upside down and the other was the way theirs was flown correctly.

With my secondary school knowledge of flags, flying one upside down is an act of desecration but I made a quick search for more and this was I found.

"The practice has its origin in a distress signal; displaying a flag in this manner is "a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property".

With President Buhari being an Army General, I know it's wrong to fly a flag upside down in the Military.

Please what could it actually mean?

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Ritzy10(f): 3:19am On Oct 04, 2019
Oh my Nigeria

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by tukdi: 3:21am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Isoduwa(m): 3:21am On Oct 04, 2019
Which flag?
Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by cenaman(m): 3:55am On Oct 04, 2019
Nigeria flag wey no get front or back how do u know it was flown upside down?

13 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by justtoodark: 4:05am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
Nigeria flag wey no get front or back how do u know flown up side down?

ask am....its funny how they hang around only the internet lookin for anything bad about nigeria....

they are still keepin that thread going about that yoruba guy that burnt his passport and want oduduwa nation....

its always dem dem....

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Viktoman: 4:05am On Oct 04, 2019
No one respects nigeria/ns since our leaders care less.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Jamesbally: 4:58am On Oct 04, 2019
Ritzy10:
Did South Africa Disrespect The Nigeria Flag? (Pictured)

As I was watching BBC Africa yesterday during President Buhari's visit to his counterpart, Ramaphosa, I made some observations that really got me thinking.

One was the way the Nigeria flag was flow upside down and the other was the way theirs was flown correctly.

With my secondary school knowledge of flags, flying one upside down is an act of desecration but I made a quick search for more and this was I found.

"The practice has its origin in a distress signal; displaying a flag in this manner is "a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property".

With President Buhari being an Army General, I know it's wrong to fly a flag upside down in the Military.

Please what could it actually mean?

cc: lalasticlala dominique Mynd44

While you criticize the Nigerian flag, President Buhari went to S.A to rescue your Brothers.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by helinues: 5:00am On Oct 04, 2019
Wetin Musa no go see for gate... angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by naijadrivablog: 5:04am On Oct 04, 2019
Hmmmmmmmmmmm

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by alsudaes1(m): 5:15am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
This is not the flag of the Federal Republic of Nigeria if truly this was what SA hoisted.

To clarify it, the green-white-green of our flag is horizontally placed and NOT vertically placed as depicted up there.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by bigtt76(f): 5:34am On Oct 04, 2019
Fake news +photoshop gone bad cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by femi4: 5:36am On Oct 04, 2019
cenaman:
Flown vertically instead of horizontally

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by jom28gy(m): 5:37am On Oct 04, 2019
it means,he is not welcomed.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by contigiency(m): 5:39am On Oct 04, 2019
Idleness and laziness is really hunting some people such that they now resort to reporting anything that passes by their side as news. Otherwise, how can a rational and busy person be telling us how breeze flew a flag?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by rasaqhassan: 5:48am On Oct 04, 2019
this is not originally flag of Nigeria
Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by daddytime(m): 5:49am On Oct 04, 2019
It should have been horizontally aligned.

I won't be surprised if this was deliberate and the plenty mumu aides no go even notice.

This is a xenophobic attack on our national flag.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Mynd44: 5:54am On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by saheedbadmus(m): 5:59am On Oct 04, 2019
If i was buhari i wouldnt av gone dere in d first place..na dere president suppose come 9ja instead of sending delegates down here

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Kingofdemonss: 6:43am On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
Jamesbally:

While you criticize the Nigerian flag, President Buhari went to S.A to rescue your Brothers.
[/s]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by b3llo(m): 6:55am On Oct 04, 2019
If they can't respect our flag then they can't respect our nation and its Citizenry.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by braimeddy: 7:14am On Oct 04, 2019
People above commenting rubbish, what are they even seeing? Can someone show how the flag was turned upside down? Useless bloggers
Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by mrdharkchild(m): 7:18am On Oct 04, 2019
Anyhow it is placed, it is already F*CKED.
The direction of the flag signifies the direction that Skinny SuGarCaNE president is leading us to

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by KLEINBASS: 7:24am On Oct 04, 2019
The same people who have been spreading fake news that Nigerians died during the so called xenophobic riots

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by mactoni91(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2019
See...
Proper way of hoisting our flag.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by valentineuwakwe(m): 7:44am On Oct 04, 2019
Maybe it was a little error on the part of the south African people Who put up the flag....let's just over look it...
Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 04, 2019
Clear indication that the country is upside down! Its appalling.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Nobody: 7:57am On Oct 04, 2019
mactoni91:
See...
Proper way of hoisting our flag.

A very cute flag abused.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by IamAtikulate: 8:02am On Oct 04, 2019
SA has no respect for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by CaptainGOOD: 8:03am On Oct 04, 2019
undecided
Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by IamAtikulate: 8:04am On Oct 04, 2019
Jamesbally:

But it was an Igbo man that evacuated your Lazy brothers home and Ogun top the list of the evacuees

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Flag Hoisted Horizontally While Receiving President Buhari In S.Africa by Chipink(f): 8:05am On Oct 04, 2019
Jamesbally:

We know the people buhari went to rescue
Even in Saudi Arabia their women e'en are getting behadead for drug crimes.

(1) (2) (Reply)

ESN Did Not Eat Any Body Meat See What Trully Happened PHOTOS / Tinubu Know What He Is Doing / Peter Obi Leaked Audio Forensic Analysis (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.