Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,900 members, 7,828,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos (33696 Views)

Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused / Ronaldo: Plane With "Believe Kathryn Mayorga" Message Flown OVer Stadium / Tyson Fury Wore 'Nigeria' Gumshield In Match With Wilder. Taunts Anthony Joshua? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Tonymegabush1(m): 12:16pm On Oct 04, 2019
Una sure say no be to carry drone take send biafra flag for eagle square one day during swearing in ceremony..... This one go be pure commotion oooo

1 Like

Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Oddsman(m): 12:20pm On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

Only?

I chop 900 pounds.

Good for you sir

1 Like

Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Nobody: 12:39pm On Oct 04, 2019
There is bad blood between Azerbaijan and Armenia which dates back to the Nargono-Karabakh War of the early 1990s. That's true.

But the fans and players of FK Qarabag have even more reason than other Azerbaijanis to be livid over someone flying the Nargono-Karabakh flag(that's not the Armenian flag) over that stadium. Qarabag lost a lot during that Nargono-Karabakh war.

The brunt of the war was felt by the fans and players of Qarabag and their folks as a whole.
As a matter of fact, Qarabag is pretty much playing in exile as a result of that conflict. They were forced to leave their region during that war when Armenian forces invaded it around '94. Their real town(Agdam) was totally obliterated during the Nargono-Karabakh war. It is now a ghost town and that has now forced them to play all their matches in Baku, Azerbaijan's capital rather than in Agdam where they are really from.
So, you can see why they took it even more personal.

But I must not fail to add, politics and football should be separated. Totally.

2 Likes

Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Carsontyqa(m): 12:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

Only?

I chop 900 pounds.
900 pounds? Come bless me small na grin
Commentor:

Only?

I chop 900 pounds.
900 pounds? Come bless me small na
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Commentor: 12:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
Carsontyqa:
900 pounds? Come bless me small na grin 900 pounds? Come bless me small na

Another day.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Commentor: 12:47pm On Oct 04, 2019
Carsontyqa:
900 pounds? Come bless me small na grin 900 pounds? Come bless me small na

I'm not selfish but I'd rather keep my identity.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Nobody: 12:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
tillaman:
Thank God is ordinary flag ooo if the drone was armed with gun then it would have been a blood bath, they should investigate this poooo

"Ordinary flag", you say? Lol... That thing has more bullets than any firearm. But that sort of bullet kills only Azeris. It kills them slowly. The other bullet is the flag of The Republic of Artsakh.

If you want to start or incite a bloody riot, fly any one of those two flags before a group of Azerbaijanis and see.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Carsontyqa(m): 12:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

I'm not selfish but I'd rather keep my identity.
Ewo! Ok sir.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Carsontyqa(m): 12:51pm On Oct 04, 2019
Commentor:

Another day.
ok sir.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Starhearts: 12:57pm On Oct 04, 2019
We re waiting for IPOB drone with IPOB flag flying over Uyo Stadium
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Ernerstdavid55(m): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2019
Sportdab:
Here is the surprising moment an Europa League game between Dudelange and Azerbaijani club Qarabag had to be briefly suspended in the first half Thursday after a drone flew over the field carrying what looked an Armenian Flag, MySportDab reports.

The drone incensed Qarabag players, who tried to hit it with the ball as it flew over the center circle, and the referee made the decision to halt play for about 15 minutes with Qarabag leading 2-0.

Play later resumed, with Qarabag winning 4-1.

Azerbaijan and Armenia are in a territorial dispute over the Nagorno-Karabakh region.

A fan carrying the Armenian flag also ran onto the pitch during Qarabag's away game at Arsenal in London in last season's Europa League.

Nagorno-Karabakh is a region of Azerbaijan which has been under the control of ethnic Armenian forces backed by Armenia since a war there ended in 1994. watch the video...

https://twitter.com/James_Dart/status/1179849221639413760?s=19

Source: https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/10/qarabag-game-halted-after-drone-flies.html

will here be a rematch because Dem spoil my ticket
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Nobody: 1:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
Sportdab:
Here is the surprising moment an Europa League game between Dudelange and Azerbaijani club Qarabag had to be briefly suspended in the first half Thursday after a drone flew over the field carrying what looked an Armenian Flag, MySportDab reports.

The drone incensed Qarabag players, who tried to hit it with the ball as it flew over the center circle, and the referee made the decision to halt play for about 15 minutes with Qarabag leading 2-0.

Play later resumed, with Qarabag winning 4-1.

Azerbaijan and Armenia are in a territorial dispute over the Nagorno-Karabakh region.

A fan carrying the Armenian flag also ran onto the pitch during Qarabag's away game at Arsenal in London in last season's Europa League.

Nagorno-Karabakh is a region of Azerbaijan which has been under the control of ethnic Armenian forces backed by Armenia since a war there ended in 1994. watch the video...

https://twitter.com/James_Dart/status/1179849221639413760?s=19

Source: https://www.mysportdab.com/2019/10/qarabag-game-halted-after-drone-flies.html

I just took a closer look at that flag attached to the drone and I found out that that's not the flag of Armenia. That is the flag of the Republic of Artsakh. The Republic of Artsakh is an unrecognized country that was declared by ethnic Armenian separatists in what is known as the Nargono-Karabakh region- a region claimed by Azerbaijan and recognised internationally as part of Azerbaijan.

The flag of the Republic of Artsakh bears a striking resemblance to that of the Republic of Armenia but it has a little difference. So, it is understandable that the poster of this news item mistook it for the flag of Armenia.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by AbuMikey(m): 1:08pm On Oct 04, 2019
nurez305:
One day, this stupid drone will bring in gun to shoot player

Definitely.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by firo08(m): 1:11pm On Oct 04, 2019
Tolexander:
FIFA has to punish the person involved.

This is why FIFA has be trying to exclude politics from football.
A typical afonja way of reasoning.
You think it's Nigeria where you hate IPOB for no reason.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Nobody: 1:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
bknight:

DudeLange is from Luxembourg. Qarabag is Azerbaijani. The flag is Armenian.

Which club should be sanctioned?

The flag is not Armenian. It is the flag of the unrecognized Republic of Artsakh, a country carved out of what is generally considered as Azerbaijan's territory by Ethnic Armenian separatists. It bears a striking resemblance to Armenia's flag but there is a little difference between both flags.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by kilojoDesigns: 1:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
I just witnessed the creation of a new sport cool
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by jayextra(m): 2:24pm On Oct 04, 2019
ola33t:

Drone dey get pilot? undecided
Its an unmanned drone
So nobody was in control of it abi en dey Auto cruise?? :/
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by tillaman(m): 3:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
mansakhalifa:

"Ordinary flag", you say? Lol... That thing has more bullets than any firearm. But that sort of bullet kills only Azeris. It kills them slowly. The other bullet is the flag of The Republic of Artsakh.

If you want to start or incite a bloody riot, fly any one of those two flags before a group of Azerbaijanis and see.
word
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by xcelentattitude(m): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2019
No where is safe!

Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by sapientia(m): 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
bknight:

DudeLange is from Luxembourg. Qarabag is Azerbaijani. The flag is Armenian.

Which club should be sanctioned?

He commented without reading.

Thanks for the apt answer.
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by NothingDoMe: 3:32pm On Oct 04, 2019
nabegibeg:

Nothing Adele no go see for the other side cheesy
lol
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by MayowaSafiu: 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

But you can't call such a pilot na? 'Operator' is more appropriate.
[/s]
Re: Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos by tck2000(m): 3:43pm On Oct 13, 2019
Tonymegabush1:
Una sure say no be to carry drone take send biafra flag for eagle square one day during swearing in ceremony..... This one go be pure commotion oooo
lo,

(1) (2) (Reply)

Serge Gnabry Kicked By Niklas Sule After Scoring Four Goals Against Tottenham / Mikel Obi Shares Photo With His Family / Asisat Oshoala Shows Off Liga Trophy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.