Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,975 members, 7,810,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused (41558 Views)

Spanish Federation Rescinds Vinicius Jnr's Red Card, Fines Valencia / I am not your friend: Tebas, Vinicius Jnr Clash over racism claims / Qarabag Game Halted After Drone Flies Armenian Flag Over Stadium In Match(Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by AImiron: 10:40pm On May 21, 2023
Fans inside Valencia's Mestalla stadium were warned about racist behaviour, with their game against Real Madrid paused after abuse was allegedly directed at opposition forward Vinicius Junior.

The forward has been racially abused by fans in Spain this season, prompting strong criticism from others in the game. Back in February, Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp said "nothing in the world" could justify such abuse, expressing his shock at a line of questioning from one reporter.

The match was eventually restarted after a short delay, with Vinicius sent off in second-half stoppage time as Madrid fell to a 1-0 defeat. After the fixture, Real Madrid boss Carlo Ancelotti strongly condemned the lack of action being taken.

We have been complaining about this abuse all season and nothing!" Ancelotti told the media after his side's defeat "It has reached the point where the manager must consider taking off his player because the game is not being stopped. There is something wrong with this league if this happens.

According to The Athletic, a message was broadcast over the tannoy after the game was stopped. It reportedly said “racist behaviour from certain spectators would not be tolerated”.

"It wasn't the first time, nor the second, nor the third. Racism is normal in La Liga," the Brazil star wrote on Twitter, as translated by Goal. "The competition thinks it's normal, the [Spanish Football] Federation does too and the opponents encourage it.

I'm so sorry. The championship that once belonged to Ronaldinho, Ronaldo, Cristiano [Ronaldo] and [Lionel] Messi today belongs to racists.

A beautiful nation, which welcomed me and which I love, but which agreed to export the image of a racist country to the world.

"I'm sorry for the Spaniards who don't agree, but today, in Brazil, Spain is known as a country of racists. And unfortunately, for everything that happens each week, I have no defense. I agree. But I am strong and I will go to the end against racists. Even if far from here."

Ancelotti spoke to Movistar TV after the game, explaining he felt what happened to his player was "more important" than the result. Real Madrid fell to third behind Atletico Madrid before kick-off, and stayed there thanks to Diego Lopez's winner for Valencia.

https://www mirror co uk/sport/football/news/real-madrid-valencia-vinicius-racism-30037794?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Nlfpmod mynd44 frontpage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by AImiron: 10:41pm On May 21, 2023
Understand Vinicius Júnior is absolutely not considering to leave Real Madrid — despite recent reports. 🚨⚪️🇧🇷 #Real

Feeling of those close to Vini is that he only wants to stay and beat racism in Spain. No other way.

Also, new long term deal has already been signed months ago.

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by Nobody: 10:47pm On May 21, 2023
If he had returned the racial abuse the Spanish football officials would fined him.The fans who abused him will not be sanctioned because they're white supremacists.

212 Likes 18 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by gaby(m): 10:48pm On May 21, 2023
Better to leave the useless country.

81 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by AImiron: 11:03pm On May 21, 2023
Vinicius Jr started crying as Valencia fans chanted "Vinicius Dies"

80 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by xristos(m): 11:05pm On May 21, 2023
Wow... I'm shocked African presidents especially giant of African president(Buhari) has not said/done anything about this racism issues across europe.
What has he been traveling for🤷🏻🤷🏻‍♀️

A legit land with RofO in nearby Ushafa Abuja ready for distress sale.. 1000sqm.. just 7m asking.. hurry

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by FunkFlex: 11:05pm On May 21, 2023
The guy dey even dey cry. SMH.... me I no send anybody Papa as long as I dey collect my salary. I trust Naija people. Imagine when person dey collect 150k dolz a week as salary, even if them like make them pack the full Spain come the stadium to come racist me, I no go still send anybody ancestors grin

318 Likes 32 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by Passionet: 11:06pm On May 21, 2023
I don't understand why people are so full of hate. No one lives forever and the world will still keep moving on.

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:06pm On May 21, 2023
SMH
Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by MrBanner(m): 11:06pm On May 21, 2023
Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by SultanOfAbia: 11:07pm On May 21, 2023
That is why I was laughing at Oshimen when he played his ass off just to win cup for Napoli
White man go still call am monkey
If Oshimen like make him collect bullet for Napoli.
Na still monkey him be for there eyes

46 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by donprinyo(m): 11:07pm On May 21, 2023
Passionet:
I don't understand why people are so full of hate. No one lives forever and the world will still keep moving on.
Ask yoruba people

112 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by AImiron: 11:07pm On May 21, 2023
gaby:
Better to leave the useless country.
It's not about the country, Racism exists everywhere wey white dominate, even Asians, Arabs and so on. I can't recollect all but it doesn't get to me, cos I don't live there, na vacation I go, I've experienced it in almost every country wey i don visit. I don't want to list em make e no be like show off.

However, I feel sorry for him, those bastarrrrds don get under his skin. Unless dem wan empty the whole stadium, it's gonna be hard to fish em out.

La Liga ain't paying more attention to this menace, this is not the first time he's being targeted.

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by dustmalik: 11:07pm On May 21, 2023
He needs to leave Spain ASAP

30 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by wahalawahala: 11:08pm On May 21, 2023
donprinyo:

Ask yoruba people
see this one too... Chai
Mynd44 mukina2 Seun lasticlacla
Rule 2

64 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by Freelancerr(m): 11:09pm On May 21, 2023
🥺
Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by habsydiamond(m): 11:09pm On May 21, 2023
Hatred as being in existence since the creation of the world... there are some people that hates for no reason, some for your skin color and so on.. one have to be wary of people of hate.. what I know is that God is bigger than them. Vinicius u are bigger than them don't let them get into ur head.

40 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by RingRoadMafia: 11:09pm On May 21, 2023
Wahala
Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by RingRoadMafia: 11:10pm On May 21, 2023
Na why I hate European football be this

14 Likes

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by Odjirigho: 11:10pm On May 21, 2023
These smelly whites always dishing what they can't take

64 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by RingRoadMafia: 11:10pm On May 21, 2023
AImiron:
It's not about the country, Racism exists everywhere wey white dominate, even Asians, Arabs and so on. I can't recollect all but it doesn't get to me, cos I don't live there, na vacation I go, I've experienced it in almost every country wey i don visit. I don't want to list em make e no be like show off.

However, I feel sorry for him, those bastarrrrds don get under his skin. Unless dem wan empty the whole stadium, it's gonna be hard to fish em out.

Leaving them is a start. It will send a strong warning

22 Likes

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by newguy1(m): 11:11pm On May 21, 2023
He should leave the league. Trust me if that happens it will prompt the league to do something about it

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by Mikyle: 11:11pm On May 21, 2023
That's bad and discouraging.

16 Likes

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by McLizbae: 11:11pm On May 21, 2023
Nawa o! Na serious WA!
Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by Keaton(m): 11:11pm On May 21, 2023
Oh racism? We see that here on a daily

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by ObalendeCMS: 11:11pm On May 21, 2023
If I were a white man, I’d have been a racist & discriminate against the black man heavily.

As a black man, I’m even prejudiced against a fellow black man.

Black man are generally subhuman compared to their contemporary world wide.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by mkoabiola: 11:12pm On May 21, 2023
If vinicious was a Nigerian

He no go send thier papa

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by ipobarecriminals: 11:12pm On May 21, 2023
cheesy Nor mind them those useless Albinos grin.Black is beautiful. Dudu Osun. They call u 🐵 and throw 🍌 at u. I reply/kal dem Albino. Case finish. Be bold and don't flinch,dem go respect/avoid you

10 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Real Madrid's Match Vs Valencia Halted After Vinicius Jnr Racially Abused by obi4eze(m): 11:12pm On May 21, 2023
angry

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victor Osimhen’s Dismissed Agent, Czajka: ‘I Will Go To The End To Get Justice / Oliseh Was Bitter, Jealous & Clueless, My Worst Manager - Mikel Obi / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr Jogging A Football (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.