Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,060 members, 7,828,735 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:28 PM

An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. (926 Views)

Gyang Pwajok Is Dead (PDP Governorship Aspirant) / Why Rivers Should Return Nyesome Wike In The Governorship Rerun / How The Governorship Elections Will Be Won And Lost - Premiumtimes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:27am On Nov 04, 2010
Lekan Wasiudeen

I intend to repair the entire existing road and drain network with dispatch, using only contractors that will work at night, to minimize disruption to road users. We will also open up new roads, for example, the much-vaunted Lekki Coastal Road, exploiting our strong links with the Federal Government"

Mr Gbadamosi, taking you up on your last statement on your quote above, it shows you can only run a big brother government, that will only survive on crumbs from federal government and not a real federating unit. And come to think of it, any responsible federal government does not hinder development of any federating unit just because the government of that unit does not belongs to the ruling party.

Lagos development should not be based on "exploiting strong links with federal government" what if the variable (the link) changed in 2011, then you will not be able to run any government. Fashola does not have that link now and he has done this much. I personally, do not think you have the capacity based on what you have posted on this wall.
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:28am On Nov 04, 2010
Gbadamosi Babtunde

Mr. Lekan Wasiudeen, however illogical, unfactual and unreasoned your opinion may be, it is your opinion, and you are entitled, even welcome to it.

It is can only be beneficial for the people of Lagos State that the leader of the state maintains cordial and friendly relations with the President of Nigeria, in order to bring ALL, not SOME of the dividends of democracy to the people.

Alhaji Lateef Kayode Jakande proved a perfect example of that when he successfully steered the ship of Lagos State for four years and delivered ALL but one of his promises to the people.

Your own party observes its political promises only in their breach. Tinubu, pretty much like you're all doing on this wall, maniacally and mantra-like, year in, year out, throughout his two terms, promised the good people of this state a 4th Mainland Bridge and a Coastal road. Both failed to materialise for eight years. We have had 3.5 years of his anointed successor, Fashola. The 4th Mainland Bridge and the Coastal Road still exist only in the realm of fantasy.

Jakande, who slaved and toiled to deliver his own party's promises to the people through co-operation with the Federal Government, which your party doesn't believe in, is today being denied his state pension by your governor, Fashola, while Bola Ahmed Tinubu is the only former Governor of Lagos State receiving a state pension.

You are so disrespectful to even Sir Michael Agbolade Otedola, a governor who served this state excellently, by not giving him his well deserved pension.
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:29am On Nov 04, 2010
Lekan Wasiudeen :

You must definitely be living in a fool's paradise, if not you will not be telling us that PDP is the best thing that has happend to Nigeria. I will not be part of those that ask you to drop your ambition for it is good for man to aspire, but you should address issues, like what alternative do you have to your proposed "big brother government".

Omi po ju oka lo ni eko, but surely and steadily government is functioning in Lagos unlike in your various PDP state. I will advice you to vie for your local government chairmanship, maybe you will make a difference there.

It is so logical, Oyo, Ogun, Ondo, Ekiti joined the mainstream politics in 2003, leaving lagos behind in the opposition and we have practically seen how governance is these state has fared better than that of lagos. If i were you sir, i will drop this line and argument and face issues, because honestly PDP is a hard sell.

Mr Gbadamosi, it is not main stream politics but mainstream poverty and lagos is not going to be part of that Insha Allah!
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:30am On Nov 04, 2010
Gbadamosi Babatunde:

Mr. yussuf. The people who currently call themselves AC, who will soon become ACPN or CPC or some other agglomeration of alphabets have turned political treachery into an art form. After Bola Tinubu was anointed by the old men of Afenifere, he turned his back on ALL of them, sowed the seed of division among them and they all died, one by one, of frustration and broken hearts.

So please, do not talk to me about cross-carpeting. You came from AD, into ACD, into AC. Only God knows what you'll become next. PDP has remained constant, as the northern star. Always improving, which in itself can be a tumultuous and painful experience, but always improving.

Today, we stand on the verge of a great electoral victory in Lagos State, where the myth of political invincibility woven around bola tinubu and his proteges will surely unravel.

Not to worry. We will take Lagos into the future it deserves, because it is, after all, our state.

Eko o ni baje, ju bayi lo!
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:31am On Nov 04, 2010
Lekan Wasiudeen :

"Not to worry. We will take Lagos into the future it deserves, because it is, after all, our state."

Like you have taken Oyo, Ogun, Osun, Ekiti and Ondo state.
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:32am On Nov 04, 2010
Gbadamosi :

Your choice of words is befuddling.

These states you've mentioned rejected the tyranny of a one man party. You lost Ekiti state because your asiwaju decided to snatch the primaries victory from Ayo Arise and hand it to his crony, who certainly knows how to make noise, as is your stock in trade, but is not popular in the state, only in the media, which you have used the resources of Lagos State to buy, as alleged by Steve Ayorinde, former editor of the Punch.

Live with it, your party is unpopular because there is no democracy. Tinubu sits in Bourdillon, or is it Balarabe Musa, or Oyinkan Abayomi drive, and commands the troops to fall in, and you all do. Our people are not fooled though, and will not follow a charlatan, no matter what your hirelings in the media say.
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:33am On Nov 04, 2010
Lekan Wasiudeen :

Sir, can you see what you reduce yourself to. Please stay on issues, this character your are exhibiting does not befit a serious minded person that want to govern a state not to talk of governing Lagos. I pray you get the nomination of your party, if the hawks in your party do not give you williams's treatment. PDP stinks! shocked shocked shocked
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2010
Gb[b]adamosi:
[/b]
Mr Wasiudeen, I had hoped that we could maintain a cordial and mutually respectful conversation, but it appears that shouting down opposing voices, or muscling them out is the culture you have adopted. That is not particularly surprising, as your party/grouping operates exactly like a lynch mob, driven only by hate.

Well, like I said before, however illogical your opinion is, you are entitled to it. If you think that or any dissenting statement I have made somehow reduces me, once again, you are entitled to your opinion.

When the time comes to choose a new governor for Lagos State, the people will choose PDP. Of that I am certain.

Eko o ni baje, ju bayi lo!
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:35am On Nov 04, 2010
Lekan :

You sure want a respectful conversation and yet yo will not stop at bringing down peoples achievement when you seems not to have a better solution. Don't you think it is absurd that what a gubernatorial candidate talk about is how to clear drainage? it should be a function of the local counsel. Lagos has surely leave people like you (and all your PDP cohorts) behind and the earlier you realise that the better.

You would have loved it if i pat you on the back with my comments, but no i will not do that because PDP has destroyed the future of this nation, i will speak when i have the opportunity to, to safe the future of my own children. I do not associate with garrison commanders, mob or nest of killers. Otito oro koro!
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by Jomogbomo4: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2010
Lekan:

I do not, at any point in time in my posts shy away from the fact that the local government lacks the vigor nor the passion exhibited by the state government, and that shows I am not the dogma here but you, surely, been blinded by ambition or has decided to be on the other side of truth, or better still decided to flourish in fool's paradise.

You continue to amaze me has someone that aspire to rule a state and do not see reasons why the environment should be made clean and beautiful. As far as your are concern Oshodi should have been left the way it was! so be every other dirty sites and location that serves as abode for miscreants that make Lagos a very ugly site. On the other hand, you would have preferred Lagos retain this miscreants breeding sites so PDP could have pool of ballot box hijackers when election comes. Do aesthetics means anything to well being(both spiritual and physical) to you? I am sure you love London and other lovely cities around the western world but you think Lagosians do not deserve such.

It beat me when you say you do not see why I am revering to other states especially the southwestern states, It shows you projection capability do not fit this office you are aspiring. You do not project sir, that no matter how well Lagos is if the adjourning states (and other states in Nigeria at large) are not as good, Lagos will still be flooded with fortune seekers that will end up being misfit, miscreant and security threat to the well being of the state. And moreover what is it that PDP want to offer Lagos that they have not offered this adjourning state (read the links below on what is happening in Ogun). Eni ba ma daso funi ti orun e ako wo.

Mr Gbadamosi, Judas was one of the closet disciple of Jesus and one of the last that saw him before his travail began, so it means nothing if you were one of the few that saw the sage before his demise. If you ever learnt anything from Awo then your projection ability should never be found wanting.

Yes i have answered your question why PDP gets bad press, they have nothing to sell, let them make good products (come delivering on campaign promises) and the press will be all over them. Even nations spend on publicity on CNN, BBC and other international media because they have things to sell. PDP is a hard sell because they have no product and not because they have no money, they spend HEAVILY on election tribunals.
Re: An Interesting Dialogue Between The Governorship Aspirant And Lekan Wasiudeen. by PhilMoane: 12:35pm On Nov 04, 2010
I think this is your post.

So, I encourage you to continue writing whatever you feel on it.

It is your cloth, use it as you like.

(1) (Reply)

Medical Council Bars Uniben, Igbinedion Varsity Graduates From Association / Mobs Attack President GE Jonathan in Uganda / Pdp And The National Mosque.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.