Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,490 members, 7,819,782 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) (53115 Views)

Ifeoma Bibiana Okoli: Blind Woman Bags PhD From The University Of Ibadan (Photo) / Saheed Oladele: How I Returned ₦118,000 To A Book Store In Ibadan (Photo) / OAU ODL First Set Writes Final Paper in A Joyful Mood After Five Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Unibenfucker(m): 7:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
Dullards . They can't be compared with Uniben Doctors who not know go know. To study medicine for Uniben nor be beans
Engineering too na die too . Everything about Uniben na die

1 Like

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 7:45pm On Oct 04, 2019
post=82842015:
#RESPECT.

IBADAN : A city of many firsts in West Africa!

Na cancel I won cancel your write up even though na true because I hate you

1 Like

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Basic123: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
Unibenfucker:
Dullards . They can't be compared with Uniben Doctors who not know go know. To study medicine for Uniben nor be beans
Inferiority complex grin

2 Likes

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Henri8: 7:46pm On Oct 04, 2019
What are their names?
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 04, 2019
Unibenfucker:

Na my school be that
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by grandstar(m): 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
9jaBloke:
There's a native doctor in the picture

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by AdoIfHitlerr(f): 7:48pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
post=82842015:
#RESPECT.

IBADAN : A city of many firsts in West Africa!
[/s]
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Unibenfucker(m): 7:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
Sharap there . No other school other than University of Benin. Their post ume sef na die but people like us na small thing mehn pass their Post ume with no issues cos we get brain. I know say na people like you go convenant University

Most of my guys probate that year once you fail 2 courses na strate probation I remember osahon and temi dayo that year Dem drop out for engineering go start afresh for USA Las Las osahon graduate as best student for him class for USA now the guy dey work for Microsoft for us. Person wey. Nor fit pass for Uniben
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by mechanics(m): 7:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
Wow, lucky graduates, history will keep remembering them.
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by mercyville: 7:56pm On Oct 04, 2019
Exc2000:
smiley

Ibadan, home of many first

Pace setter

Ibadan that is more developed than the entire SE.
Mayowasafiu will not like this fact cheesy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Marotzke(m): 8:01pm On Oct 04, 2019
rentAcock:
Who is that Arab man at the top left corner?
He is professor Emeritus Umaru Shehu.
Former VC ABU and UNN. 90 years now.

3 Likes

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Disturb: 8:02pm On Oct 04, 2019
Can't help but think 90 % are dead
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by phemmie06(m): 8:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Even a white man
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by heybeemoney(m): 8:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
wow... c my daddy at the d middle...lol
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Calvarynike: 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2019
Back in the days when men were boys and the sector still had values. It is well with my country Nigeria
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 04, 2019
U.I

Even if I don't, one of my pikins, at least, must study there.

I just pray her glory is never lost by then
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by rentAcock(m): 8:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
Marotzke:
He is professor Emeritus Umaru Shehu.
Former VC ABU and UNN. 90 years now.

Wow. Thanks for the info!
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by HBB1(m): 9:36pm On Oct 04, 2019
SirDelight:
U.I

Even if I don't, one of my pikins, at least, must study there.

I just pray her glory is never lost by then

Why will you wish your child to study in UI?

Don't you wish them well?
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by HBB1(m): 9:37pm On Oct 04, 2019
Unibenfucker:
Sharap there . No other school other than University of Benin. Their post ume sef na die but people like us na small thing mehn pass their Post ume with no issues cos we get brain. I know say na people like you go convenant University

Most of my guys probate that year once you fail 2 courses na strate probation I remember osahon and temi dayo that year Dem drop out for engineering go start afresh for USA Las Las osahon graduate as best student for him class for USA now the guy dey work for Microsoft for us. Person wey. Nor fit pass for Uniben

And what has Schooling in the almighty uniben don for you?

You dey use am collect money for bank?

1 Like

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by dbestuncle: 9:42pm On Oct 04, 2019
christejames:
First set of doctors of UI? or aptly the first set of London certified doctors of UI because UI severed her umbilical cord from London in 1962.

Funny enough there is no lady among them but when you attend convocation/oath taking of nowadays medical graduates you will see the ladies carting away the prestigious awards, men we need to wake up and study.

BTW, great shot from the pacesetters in Nigeria medical field.

We still need more medical doctors in the country.

#followNPFL. ...to develop our idling youths!
You are right we need more but how will DAT happen when relocation to abroad is all they are thinking now

1 Like

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
HBB1:

Why will you wish your child to study in UI?

Don't you wish them well?
Lol

Come off it,,,,the school be Baba,,,e get meaningful history
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by xcelentattitude(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
Those were the people teachers where telling "stop playing football, don't you know that science students don't play football" the other guys ended up making it in life before the 'efiwes', while the so-called 'efiwes' watch them on TV saying "that was my classmate".

Life sometimes is not all about book.
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
Real Doctors. Not these modern ones looking for ways to make money so that they can build a mansion and buy Bentley.
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by zeebra24: 10:17pm On Oct 04, 2019
rentAcock:
Who is that Arab man at the top left corner?
he is professor-emeretus umaru shehu..professor of community medicine.google d name and see him now...very old.
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by xcelentattitude(m): 10:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
Unibenfucker:

The long and short of your story is that Uniben is better than the university the guy went to in USA abi? Just dey there, you hear? No comot, make pant dey wear you. Uniben koor! Uncle Ben nii!

I don't know why folks take pride in mass failure of students. Most of Nigerian schools that are still using ancient syllabuses.

1 Like

Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by HBB1(m): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
SirDelight:
Lol

Come off it,,,,the school be Baba,,,e get meaningful history

Ok o!

I schooled in one of the most prestigious Nigerian Universities...
I can however never allow my children School there!

I have interacted with young people trained in the West and the difference is 7up.

I was even in a presentation by a young chap in London today and it was obvious our young people here are sooooooo disadvantaged!

The guy was so confident, eloquent and did so well. I am sure we were all smarter than him, but the other skills necessary to succeed in life, he had honed very well.

My children will not slave for their mates. They will not feel intimidated in the comity of Nations...

Please, as long as you can afford it, please don't make your children school in a failed system.
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by UndauntedYOCA(f): 10:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
bellachibaby:
Nigerian History on Twitter has just put up a picture of the first set of medical doctors at the University of Ibadan in 1951.

Ten young men can be seen in the picture below.

See more here https://thickmatch.com/photo-see-first-set-medical-doctors-university-ibadan/
All hail the prestigious University of Ibadan, I'm proud to be a graduate of this great school!
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by Nobody: 10:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
HBB1:

Ok o!

I schooled in one of the most prestigious Nigerian Universities...
I can however never allow my children School there!

I have interacted with young people trained in the West and the difference is 7up.

I was even in a presentation by a young chap in London today and it was obvious our young people here are sooooooo disadvantaged!

The guy was so confident, eloquent and did so well. I am sure we were all smarter than him, but the other skills necessary to succeed in life, he had honed very well.

My children will not slave for their mates. They will not feel intimidated in the comity of Nations...

Please, as long as you can afford it, please don't make your children school in a failed system.
Thanks for the advice
I will take to heart
Re: The First Set Of Medical Doctors At The University Of Ibadan (Photo) by thundafire: 11:14pm On Oct 04, 2019
When the country wasn’t attacked by Trojan virus unlike nw

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

ABU Lecturer Caught In Female Hostel Disguised With A Veil / 'She Stinks': Invigilator Disgraces Student Inside Exam Hall / Nigerian Universities With Most Employable Graduates - Stutern

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.