Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,062 members, 7,825,367 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 12:37 PM

Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root (45597 Views)

Facts - Kylian Mbappé Has A Nigerian Root / Hard To Turn Down England – Fikayo Tomori Tells Nigerians / Fikayo Tomori And Tammy Abraham Celebrate Nigeria's 59th Independence Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Kakamorufu:
if so, blame his dumass parents grin
very right
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Yahman1(m): 5:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
Who am I to criticize the young man's choice.
I bet 98% of Nigerians criticizing him would do same if they were in his shoes.
With the current state of Nigeria
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Chuks9000: 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
Shocked? But not surprised?
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by quickly: 5:12pm On Oct 04, 2019
Kakamorufu:
if so, blame his dumass parents grin

Many of u typin will deny Nigeria if u have a chance. U can play for country of birth , Country of Parents or Country of Naturalisation. He is lawfully correct to choose either one of the 2. He played for Canada u17 where he lived.

Why e go come stress over Nigeria matter,

IS nigeria worth dying for?

Paul Pogba, Mbappe, Ngolo Kante etc played for country of birth
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Angelfrost(m): 5:19pm On Oct 04, 2019
damosky12:
There is no reason to fault the young man.

He was born and raised in England and was probably not well intimated about his roots.

He probably knows very little about Nigeria. I won't be surprised if he doesn't know what his name means...

Hence, the choice to play for England.

No parent (especially Yoruba) will name the child Fikayo Tomori, without the child growing up to know he is Nigerian or has Nigerian roots... NONE!!!

2 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by khalidx: 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:
So FIKAYO TOMORI sounds English to him abi to the extent that the name never rang bell that he's probably from Africa? Or na Canadians dey bear FIKAYO or TOMORI? angry undecided
TORONTO=TOMORI

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by MayowaSafiu: 5:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
[s]
ola33t:

The pics weak me. Gamblers don suffer for hand of bet9ja grin grin
[/s]
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by damosky12(m): 5:28pm On Oct 04, 2019
Angelfrost:

No parent (especially Yoruba) will name the child Fikayo Tomori, without the child growing up to know he is Nigerian or has Nigerian roots... NONE!!!

There is a difference between growing up with the knowledge of having Nigerian parents and actually growing with a sense of belonging to Nigeria.

The latter is, most likely, the missing link in this case, sir.

Proper intimation about his roots would have imbued a sense of belonging in Him.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by seangy4konji: 5:29pm On Oct 04, 2019
faith551:
Whats the fuss about these Tomori and Abraham sef They are just young boys that happened to gain attention few months ago, they might just end up to be one season wonders for all I care. There are Good Nigerian footballers littered within the country and beyond. If they choose to Play somewhere else good for them and we should be able to say that to ourselves too and look for the next best stop to make
i wonder.. Tell them to leave this boya that a sane environment has brought up and they should go no scout for the ones under udumita bridge and invite them to play for Nigeria...dont just be looking dF alreasin Don soup to eat. No be crime to repair your facility and encourage talent of your citizens also

2 Likes

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Kakamorufu(m): 5:35pm On Oct 04, 2019
quickly:

Many of u typin will deny Nigeria if u have a chance. U can play for country of birth , Country of Parents or Country of Naturalisation. He is lawfully correct to choose either one of the 2. He played for Canada u17 where he lived.

Why e go come stress over Nigeria matter,

IS nigeria worth dying for?

Paul Pogba, Mbappe, Ngolo Kante etc played for country of birth
can't deny my country. That's the koko
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 5:41pm On Oct 04, 2019
God will bless Fikayo Tomori for taking control of his own future. Regardless of what happens an England career provides better opportunities than a Nigeria one.

Nigeria has no honor. The ppl and fans are great but the football authorities and admin are trash. End of the day it's not about whether ppl like u or not that'll prevent u guys from getting stuck at airports or that will ensure that the best regardless of tribe or class are fielded.

Legends die every now and then and are swept under the carpet. No regard for them. They are turned to terminally ill beggars before our very eyes.

English ppl are of Germanic lineage but it doesn't mean that some third rate Anglo will be picked over Tomori or Abraham or Sterling etc. That is the real integrity and it is very commendable.

Most of us on here making noise will play for England. That's fact.

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by CrestMan: 5:44pm On Oct 04, 2019
Liverpool will loose to Leicester city tomorrow at Anfield.
You can bookmark this cool

You heard it here first cool
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by 2016easy2017: 5:49pm On Oct 04, 2019
I'd rather play for even eritrea
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Nobody: 5:50pm On Oct 04, 2019
Bonatheripper:
With his long afonja microphone head.
Efe hwfr our 20million. grin

Hehehe u just de find trouble..

Meanwhile who wants his president name to be buhari?

Una wey de here for 40yrs still wan get lost.. sad
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by madridsta007(m): 5:53pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:
So FIKAYO TOMORI sounds English to him abi to the extent that the name never rang bell that he's probably from Africa? Or na Canadians dey bear FIKAYO or TOMORI? angry undecided

Oluwafikayomi Oluwadamilola "Fikayo" Tomori
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Fordzzy(m): 6:00pm On Oct 04, 2019
nateDZA:
undecided

grin grin grin grin grin
Oh lawd!!
That bet9ja pix off me die grin grin
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Christianity11: 6:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
Nigeria is bigger than any player is free to play for any country of his dhoice
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by baratech: 6:09pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:

Lolzzzzzz

No mind am
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by AK481(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
Don’t worry,Bonaventure dennis,the Real Madrid slayer will fill up the space .
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by chukwunedum150(m): 6:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
kolafolabi:
I don't think it's by force since he was born in the UK. Besides, if I were in their shoes, I would rather do the same.
he was born in canada

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Starboytwo(m): 6:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
akereconfi:
Allow him rest jor

What does Nigeria has to offer him?
As Isaac Promise die now, has NFF even released a statement?

NIGERIA had done nothing for him

He stands to lose nothing abandoning Nigeria...

At least wherever he is playing, his allowances and match bonuses will be paid swiftly. He wouldn't get embarrassed at the airport because some circus of clowns called NFF didn't sort their flight.

Thumbs up Tomori, you did the right thing
nff has release statement, thank you...

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by sizer07: 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2019
LifestyleTonite:
Former Super Eagles defender, Efe Ambrose has revealed why Fikayo Tomori is not proud of his Nigerian roots.

He made this known in reaction to the news that the Chelsea player had been called to play for the Three Lions of England.

Also called to join the squad for England’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Czech Republic and Bulgaria is Tammy Abraham.

If both players accept and eventually play for England, their eligibility to play for Nigeria will be ruined.

Reacting to the news, Efe Ambrose stated that he was shocked when he was told Tomori had Nigerian roots. This was during their time together at Derby County.

According to Efe, he doesn’t find fault with him because he was born and raised in England.

“Tomori was very popular at Derby. He has later voted the player of the season but not once did he talked about his Nigerian roots. In fact, it was a journalist friend of mine that told him he has Nigerian roots. It’s very unusual because most Nigerian players born abroad usually like to associate with fellow Nigerians particularly if you have played for the national team as I did for years,” the 30-year-old told Owngoalnigeria.

”I am not surprised, in fact, I would have if he decided to represent Nigeria. He feels very British which is understandable considering the fact that he was born and raised there. Canada is the biggest losers considering the fact that he played for them at U17 level based on what I gathered”, Efe Ambrose said.

https://wotzup.ng/efe-ambrose-reveals-why-fikayo-tomori-is-not-proud-of-his-nigerian-root/

Even if am playing for daura or Aso rock fottball Club and the dullard is in charge of the team,I see an opportunity to jump ship I will.las las who Nigeria EPP? U phifulls shd live TOMORI alone abeg. He made the right choice and I support him 101%. N I don't see him regretting, ever. Shuuu shuuu....away with all of you.... face ur front with ur next level wahala kpalava joh
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Ekpekus(m): 6:27pm On Oct 04, 2019
LifestyleTonite:
Former Super Eagles defender, Efe Ambrose has revealed why Fikayo Tomori is not proud of his Nigerian roots.

He made this known in reaction to the news that the Chelsea player had been called to play for the Three Lions of England.

Also called to join the squad for England’s Euro 2020 qualifier against Czech Republic and Bulgaria is Tammy Abraham.

If both players accept and eventually play for England, their eligibility to play for Nigeria will be ruined.

Reacting to the news, Efe Ambrose stated that he was shocked when he was told Tomori had Nigerian roots. This was during their time together at Derby County.

According to Efe, he doesn’t find fault with him because he was born and raised in England.

“Tomori was very popular at Derby. He has later voted the player of the season but not once did he talked about his Nigerian roots. In fact, it was a journalist friend of mine that told him he has Nigerian roots. It’s very unusual because most Nigerian players born abroad usually like to associate with fellow Nigerians particularly if you have played for the national team as I did for years,” the 30-year-old told Owngoalnigeria.

”I am not surprised, in fact, I would have if he decided to represent Nigeria. He feels very British which is understandable considering the fact that he was born and raised there. Canada is the biggest losers considering the fact that he played for them at U17 level based on what I gathered”, Efe Ambrose said.

https://wotzup.ng/efe-ambrose-reveals-why-fikayo-tomori-is-not-proud-of-his-nigerian-root/
He was born in Calgary Canada and not England.. He grew up in England
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by chaloskyx: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2019
all i can say is that he made the right choice
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by bubu2019: 6:31pm On Oct 04, 2019
I was not surprised because the name said it all.that's how Yorubas are always disgracing us .remember agbonlaho,John fash and co.afonja una Weldon.las las dem go come 9ja and dope innocent Nigerians like John fash collected millions in the name of talent hunt
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by VIPERVENOM(m): 6:43pm On Oct 04, 2019
Funny thing is all these Nigerians that choose England over Nigeria haven't won anything and later get dumped

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Heffalump(m): 6:52pm On Oct 04, 2019
oloriooko:

If you read the tone of the message very well, Afe was struggling not to sound rude to Fikayo, who chooses openly to ignore anything that has to do with Nigeria and its people. In simple terms, the lad doesn't behave as if he has Nigerian blood flowing in his veins at all at all. Meaning, he can't accept to represent his fatherland in the round leather game undecided

1 Like

Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by webngnews: 6:58pm On Oct 04, 2019
Oh
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by SKINDOGGY: 7:05pm On Oct 04, 2019
[
quote author=nateDZA post=82837931] undecided[/quote]

Lwkmd grin grin grin
Re: Efe Ambrose Reveals Why Fikayo Tomori Is Not Proud Of His Nigerian Root by Swanzi(m): 7:06pm On Oct 04, 2019
Like Mario balotelli did to Ghana ...

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

'Manchester Is Red' - Pogba Celebrates Man Utd's Derby Win On Instagram / Marcus Rashford Congratulates Ighalo On Signing New Manchester United Loan Deal / Top 7 Most Beautiful Nigerian Sports Women

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.