Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,705 members, 7,862,212 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 11:26 AM

How To Send Money From My Foreign Bank Account To My Nigerian Bank Account? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Send Money From My Foreign Bank Account To My Nigerian Bank Account? (586 Views)

What To Do When You Send Money To The Wrong Account / How To Send And Receive Paypal Funds In Nigeria (Photos) / How To Withdraw Your Paypal Funds,receive Paypal In Nigerian Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Send Money From My Foreign Bank Account To My Nigerian Bank Account? by Lizzyab(f): 5:02pm On Oct 04, 2019
I have a bank account in Russia and I also have full access to it's online platform/app. I also have my valid dollar, euro and Rouble cards. I have tried sending $20 dollars through TransferWise as a test and this is day 5, I am yet to get my money here in my GTBank account (online reviews about them are very discouraging but decided to test them and see for myself).

I live in Nigeria and travel maybe once a year or every 2 years to Russia so need a reliable way of accessing my money here.

Are there other online companies that offer such services but are more reliable? Could this work with western union online as well? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Basically, I want to be able to log into my Russian account, send money to a trusted intermediary company and have them credit my Nigerian bank account. I have proof of Dual citizenship, active Russian phone line and proof of address if anyone should ask for such documents. What are my options? Thank you!
Re: How To Send Money From My Foreign Bank Account To My Nigerian Bank Account? by Mutemenot(m): 5:10pm On Oct 04, 2019
You probably used a questionable credential while registering your transferwise acc. Transferwise is the surest way for you to send money . I have my european account where i can send money to my naija acc without stress ...
Re: How To Send Money From My Foreign Bank Account To My Nigerian Bank Account? by Lizzyab(f): 5:34pm On Oct 04, 2019
What constitutes a questionable credential if I may ask? Also from the reviews I've been reading, within the last few months transferwise seems to have had a change in management and people who have been using them for multiple transactions over the years have come out in droves with almost identical complaints of transferwise suddenly withholding their money, requesting for documents which they had already provided earlier and deactivating accounts with no explanation (while still in possession of their money). That's why I'm very skeptical of trusting them at this point as it seems it's just a matter of time before your transaction runs into trouble.

Even if the money eventually reaches my account, I wouldn't be comfortable using them now. You can check out what I mean here:

https://www.consumeraffairs.com/finance/transferwise.html?page=3

1 Like

Re: How To Send Money From My Foreign Bank Account To My Nigerian Bank Account? by lizdammy: 3:36pm On Oct 14, 2019
Mutemenot:
You probably used a questionable credential while registering your transferwise acc. Transferwise is the surest way for you to send money . I have my european account where i can send money to my naija acc without stress ...
Can I send money from Transferwise balance into my euro dorm account?
Re: How To Send Money From My Foreign Bank Account To My Nigerian Bank Account? by Mutemenot(m): 3:47pm On Oct 14, 2019
lizdammy:

Can I send money from Transferwise balance into my euro dorm account?

To get a satisfactory answer, write them on Twitter. They respond well
Re: How To Send Money From My Foreign Bank Account To My Nigerian Bank Account? by lizdammy: 11:04am On Oct 15, 2019
Mutemenot:

To get a satisfactory answer, write them on Twitter. They respond well
Thank you.

(1) (Reply)

Contact For Your Raw Materials / International Wood Trade / How To Wire Money From Nigeria To India

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.