Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,510 members, 7,826,936 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Best Response To The Interview Question: What Is Your Salary Expectation? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Best Response To The Interview Question: What Is Your Salary Expectation? (653 Views)

Salary Expectation: Client Service Officer / Job Interview: Is This The Best Response To "Why Should We Hire You"? / The Right Way To Answer The Question: What Should We Pay You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Best Response To The Interview Question: What Is Your Salary Expectation? by Opexzy: 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2019
Hello fellow Nairalanders...

What is your salary expectation? This is one question that will most likely end your next interview... Personally, i have only been asked this question once, on a telephone conversation with the HR officer and i was sure i goofed. She asked me how much i currently earn on monthly basis and went further to ask what my salary expectations were... I remembered in the heat of the moment i impulsively responded by exaggerating my current salary and i gave an expected salary that i later realized was on the high end.

This question is a tricky one, that could mar an outstanding interview session if not answered satisfactorily...

I have read articles about this and most of them suggests you avoid the question than giving a definite answer...in this era of electronic job application it might be difficult to avoid this question or what happens if the HR officer insist you give a definite answer.

What is the best response a job seeker can give to this question in an interview?
Re: Best Response To The Interview Question: What Is Your Salary Expectation? by Francomekus(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2019
You should know how much what you have to offer is worth. And NEVER and i repeat NEVER tell them lower than that. If people employed at that level is earning 200k be confident enough to tell them 200k. If they will pay lower, they should be the one telling you they will pay lower. Not you shooting yourselve on the leg. If not, you will end up earning less becos you can't answer a simple question confidently.
Re: Best Response To The Interview Question: What Is Your Salary Expectation? by Mumaraoluwa: 11:13pm On Oct 05, 2019
What if it's too high and u were not given further attention

(1) (Reply)

Massive Recruitment In Anambra State In Diferent Feilds / Blueslip Limited Nigeria Current Available Job Opportunity / IHS Towers Enugu Region Interview

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.